Author Topic: Portland and Olympia  (Read 655 times)

Dr Steve Brule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
Portland and Olympia
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
Making a trip out there sometime between February and March.

Not much of a bar dude but I'm kind of just going on a lone skate trip across the northwest.  I'm not some weirdo I just was looking for a couple couches to crash on and I'm down to pay for some cheap beer for some slap pals.  I won't have a car as I'll be taking the train.  I know my way around Portland but not so much Olympia or anywhere in between. 

If any of you guys have some advice on what parks to hit up (burnside for sure) and if any of you guys would be so kind enough to wanna skate or give me a place to lay my head for a night or two I would greatly appreciate it.  I don't have a lot of cash but I'll be comfortable with food and such.

PM or post in this thread.  Thanks so much.

Steve Brule
For Your Health

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
Re: Portland and Olympia
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:10:04 AM »
Portland is going to be wet until July 4th. You just missed a mystifying stint of bone cold dry ass weather. Brooklyn Street Skatespot is a great DIY spot (SE 16th + Brooklyn). Commonwealth (SE 20th + Hawthorne) is a rad indoor park but sessions is pricey. DOS bowl and Unheard ramp if you know someone with a key. Get on food stamps while you're here, it's too easy.

Also, there's some small metal ledges, a jersey, and a big bump right next to the train station. Bomb the west hills from Washington Park aka ZOOBOMB. Zoobomb is really a bike thing but the hill is universally known as such. Matter of fact go to Zoobomb on a Sunday night with the bike weirdos and you will have fun.

Best advice is to wait for summer unless you aren't expecting to skate every day you're here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:16:34 AM by GISM »

smellyfart

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »
Making a trip out there sometime between February and March.

Not much of a bar dude but I'm kind of just going on a lone skate trip across the northwest.?  I'm not some weirdo I just was looking for a couple couches to crash on and I'm down to pay for some cheap beer for some slap pals.?  I won't have a car as I'll be taking the train.?  I know my way around Portland but not so much Olympia or anywhere in between.? 

If any of you guys have some advice on what parks to hit up (burnside for sure) and if any of you guys would be so kind enough to wanna skate or give me a place to lay my head for a night or two I would greatly appreciate it.?  I don't have a lot of cash but I'll be comfortable with food and such.

PM or post in this thread.?  Thanks so much.

Steve Brule
if your in olympia you should skate around evergreen college campus. there is some cool stuff there. olympia isnt that big so it would be easy to just wander around and find shit to skate. i live about an hour south of olympia but ive only been down there a couple of times.

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:29:21 AM »
tacoma is way more fun than olympia and not that far away(i'd skip olympia altogether, that place is a bore)

best park i've skated in WA

it's in ft. lewis between tacoma and olympia kinda in the middle of nowhere but totally worth it
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:33:25 AM by filter »