Author Topic: static 3  (Read 41191 times)

BriDen

Re: static 3
« Reply #300 on: December 14, 2007, 12:50:42 AM »
PM me if you want the link; here's a little preview...

crapface

« Reply #301 on: December 14, 2007, 05:43:18 AM »
Just finished watching it and it was good

deep

« Reply #302 on: December 14, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »

i cant weach gawdammit

alongway

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #303 on: December 14, 2007, 08:28:10 AM »

i cant weach gawdammit

is it because your too short and cant see over the coffee table?

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #304 on: December 14, 2007, 08:30:10 AM »
man did static 3 ever suck
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

datsnare

• Rep: -7
« Reply #305 on: December 14, 2007, 08:41:43 AM »
pm prease?

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #306 on: December 14, 2007, 09:22:51 AM »
Just bought and watched Static 3 and I have to say that I was so happy to see raw street spots after watching FF.  I'm not saying FF wasn't good but I realized how much I missed seeing some pile skate down the street compared to a lit up fake ledge.  The built spots don't bother me though and I can see why Berra and Koston do it because on the West coast you almost don't have much choice now.

Both are good but I like to see cruising and Static has it.  Good job Guile...er, I mean Josh.

Holden

• Rep: -1
« Reply #307 on: December 14, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »
PM??? ME??

OttoMaddox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #308 on: December 14, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »

NCLOVE

• Rep: -19
    • Blacksheep avatar image
« Reply #309 on: December 14, 2007, 01:15:03 PM »
Just bought and watched Static 3 and I have to say that I was so happy to see raw street spots after watching FF.  I'm not saying FF wasn't good but I realized how much I missed seeing some pile skate down the street compared to a lit up fake ledge.  The built spots don't bother me though and I can see why Berra and Koston do it because on the West coast you almost don't have much choice now.

Both are good but I like to see cruising and Static has it.  Good job Guile...er, I mean Josh.

I don't see what the big deal is about a "fake spot". A park is a fake spot isn't it? No one complains about park footage in parts.
What's next?
I can see it now.  Head line of CNN

"Birdman finds cure for cancer."

Criminal Slang.

• Rep: -4
« Reply #310 on: December 14, 2007, 01:21:53 PM »
fuck me that guile...wat a dick.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #311 on: December 14, 2007, 02:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't see what the big deal is about a "fake spot". A park is a fake spot isn't it? No one complains about park footage in parts.

I agree.  It's just the rawness of East Coast spots was a breath of fresh air.  Everything in Cali (or China since it's FF) is so clean and perfect or built nowadays.  I'd love to skate either but the East coast stuff is more my style.

aroundlaworld18

• Rep: 0
« Reply #312 on: December 14, 2007, 02:34:55 PM »
could someone pm me a link please gotta see renauds part!!

Criminal Slang.

« Reply #313 on: December 14, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »
i no im going to get "shot over the internet" but

yer FF i definate blinder..

but i just preffer static movies... i think the vast selection of skaters that mould together..

and i love to skate all different spots..

not that i really get to.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #314 on: December 14, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree.  It's just the rawness of East Coast spots was a breath of fresh air.  Everything in Cali (or China since it's FF) is so clean and perfect or built nowadays.  I'd love to skate either but the East coast stuff is more my style.

just because there are 4 or 5 big spots in LA that doesnt mean everything is clean and perfect.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2007, 02:42:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

since when do people not complain about park footage in parts? maybe they dont complain alot because most people would have the sense not to put it in a part

NCLOVE

• Rep: -19
    • Blacksheep avatar image
« Reply #316 on: December 14, 2007, 03:07:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

since when do people not complain about park footage in parts? maybe they dont complain alot because most people would have the sense not to put it in a part

No one complains about Chet Childress, whose part was 95% park footage. I don't see whats wrong with park footage, or a rail at a foundation spot. Tell me what is wrong with it.
What's next?
I can see it now.  Head line of CNN

"Birdman finds cure for cancer."

Penis_Monster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »

transition footage is universally granted immunity from the "don'ts" list of a skatepart.

"Street course" footage, obviously, is not.
"I FEAR NO MAN"

The Drill

• Rep: 4
« Reply #318 on: December 14, 2007, 04:07:41 PM »
can i please get a link for this shit?

toy machine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #319 on: December 14, 2007, 04:08:48 PM »
dont have it anymore.

evizzle

« Reply #320 on: December 14, 2007, 04:42:05 PM »
perty pleez  can someone hook me up...must see raw spots after watching FF 300x

Criminal Slang.

« Reply #321 on: December 14, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »
can you not use the internet...

i had ur problem..so i learnt..

Burrell

• Rep: 0
    • Flickr site avatar image
« Reply #322 on: December 14, 2007, 04:50:54 PM »
Sorry didnt want to read through the 11 pages of this, but anyone hook a brother up with a link for this? PM if you can please.
Cheers bredders.

iwishilivedinjapan

• Rep: -8
  • I love SLAP
« Reply #323 on: December 14, 2007, 05:57:28 PM »
everyone stop asking for toys link because i have it and it got taken down.....so no filefront link anymore

mIRC Gonzales

« Reply #324 on: December 14, 2007, 09:24:44 PM »
Park footage doesn't count...it's that simple. Unless it's a tranny skater like Trujillo or Cardiel. Not like they can find some natural tranny hips in the desert made out of rocks or something....ummm, unless they're Jeremy Wray.....anyways, that's why the Nike video took a shit. Everybody's parts were filled with skatepark footage. What a ripoff!!! The sickest parts were the ones with no skateparks (ie: Weiger + T, Jordan).
Lakai video rips, but the footage of that built handrail on the foundation, or that built ledge in the woods was compplete dog shit. It was completely unnecessary. Carroll's part was fucking brilliant, he had no need for those dumb fake-rail tricks. It made no sense.
Lakai is totally different from Static.....they each have their own appeal. I don't care if Guy's skating in NY or LA, because he's Guy and he grew up in LA.
I am a huge fan of real city spots (ie: Static III) but Lakai was sick in that it didn't try to front on eat coast-ish stuff, they just ripped LA and Cali spots.
I think that was a good choice....but the built spots at foundations is fake and it doesn't count. Sorry man. But fuck, that fakie ollie switch fs crook fakie tre-flip out was like some mind-altering mystical unicorn wizard magic. Can't hate on that one.

walrus

« Reply #325 on: December 14, 2007, 10:28:31 PM »
could someone pm me a link please gotta see renauds part!!

get hyped.

hows the bonus? i have to wait until xmas : [

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #326 on: December 14, 2007, 10:39:17 PM »
so if you learn a trick or do something gnarly at a park it counts but if you film it it doesnt? so does that mean technically you never did or learnt the trick?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

WILL

• Rep: -51
« Reply #327 on: December 14, 2007, 10:43:16 PM »
link me
why flip your board, when you're just gonna land back on top of it again?

auditor

« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »
Park footage doesn't count...it's that simple. Unless it's a tranny skater like Trujillo or Cardiel. Not like they can find some natural tranny hips in the desert made out of rocks or something....ummm, unless they're Jeremy Wray.....anyways, that's why the Nike video took a shit. Everybody's parts were filled with skatepark footage. What a ripoff!!! The sickest parts were the ones with no skateparks (ie: Weiger + T, Jordan).
Lakai video rips, but the footage of that built handrail on the foundation, or that built ledge in the woods was compplete dog shit. It was completely unnecessary. Carroll's part was fucking brilliant, he had no need for those dumb fake-rail tricks. It made no sense.
Lakai is totally different from Static.....they each have their own appeal. I don't care if Guy's skating in NY or LA, because he's Guy and he grew up in LA.
I am a huge fan of real city spots (ie: Static III) but Lakai was sick in that it didn't try to front on eat coast-ish stuff, they just ripped LA and Cali spots.
I think that was a good choice....but the built spots at foundations is fake and it doesn't count. Sorry man. But fuck, that fakie ollie switch fs crook fakie tre-flip out was like some mind-altering mystical unicorn wizard magic. Can't hate on that one.
    yes agreed on the carroll part being good , but he did have a trick on that fake rail ...

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2007, 11:07:14 PM »
so the rail was made of cardboard or something? explain what is fake about it.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES