Author Topic: Rowley/ Freedome calling it quits?  (Read 14902 times)

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Rowley/ Freedome calling it quits?
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2023, 02:20:42 PM »
Civilware? His companies have the worst names. Like he just adds an "E" on the end of a word or expression and calls it a day.

He's not looking at the camera and showing his face because he knows how lame taking pictures like this is.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:27:31 PM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

ziggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2023, 02:49:11 PM »
If Rowley doesn’t want to be British anymore, I’m sure Duffel would like his cultural identity

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2023, 03:31:21 PM »
If Rowley doesn’t want to be British anymore, I’m sure Duffel would like his cultural identity

Wow.. how did I never see this?

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2023, 03:42:16 PM »
Civilware? His companies have the worst names. Like he just adds an "E" on the end of a word or expression and calls it a day.

He's not looking at the camera and showing his face because he knows how lame taking pictures like this is.

bitch has a green light if he ever steps into baja, theres quite a desert horned sheep lovingg community over here, its our representative, and this bitch was killing them for fun and smiling on the pictures, fuck geoff.
Glad his shit went under
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Hombreezy

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2023, 04:07:57 PM »
Moose knuckle is still the worst name ever for a brand by a landslide. I still don’t believe it’s real. I’d rather skate heroin or pizza than moose knuckle. What’s next “Chode Cock” skateboards?

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 44
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2023, 05:33:27 PM »
As a teen, Rowley was one of my heroes and now I found he likes hunting and posing with the animals. When did he start it? I had no idea.

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2023, 05:36:18 PM »
Moose knuckle is still the worst name ever for a brand by a landslide. I still don’t believe it’s real. I’d rather skate heroin or pizza than moose knuckle. What’s next “Chode Cock” skateboards?
@whalecockskateboards

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2023, 05:48:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I may not like much of what post-vegan Rowley likes or is into, but I don’t really feel like piling on
[close]

I probably dont care and it's a whole waste of energy to pursue it...but what do you mean? Got any links where I can explore what hath becometh of Mr Rowley?
[close]

The Flip part?    Or post Vegan part?
[close]

PostVegan, I mean as a fellow recovering vegan, is there anything controversial in this? or did dude just decide he wanted to devour some protein and people got the sads?
[close]

He's a trophy hunter and guide now, so basically just jumped from one extreme to the other.
[close]

I thought he did conservation hunting, which is fine to do as long as you’re not too stoked on killing animals
[close]

That's how he tries to frame it but I'm not sure how you're saving big horn sheep (which are really only hunted for sport) by taking people's money to take them out and shoot them.
[close]

I heard that in the original cut of Extremely Sorry there was footage of him killing a mountain lion spliced into either his intro or the intro to the video, and aside from Rowley everyone who saw it was like “Uhhhh, yeah that’s way to gnarly to have in this montage…”
Conservation & gathering your own food aside, I think dude just enjoys stalking and killing.

This was 100% a thing that happened

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2023, 06:06:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I may not like much of what post-vegan Rowley likes or is into, but I don’t really feel like piling on
[close]

I probably dont care and it's a whole waste of energy to pursue it...but what do you mean? Got any links where I can explore what hath becometh of Mr Rowley?
[close]

[close]

PostVegan, I mean as a fellow recovering vegan, is there anything controversial in this? or did dude just decide he wanted to devour some protein and people got the sads?
[close]

He's a trophy hunter and guide now, so basically just jumped from one extreme to the other.
[close]

I thought he did conservation hunting, which is fine to do as long as you’re not too stoked on killing animals
[close]

That's how he tries to frame it but I'm not sure how you're saving big horn sheep (which are really only hunted for sport) by taking people's money to take them out and shoot them.
[close]

I heard that in the original cut of Extremely Sorry there was footage of him killing a mountain lion spliced into either his intro or the intro to the video, and aside from Rowley everyone who saw it was like “Uhhhh, yeah that’s way to gnarly to have in this montage…”
Conservation & gathering your own food aside, I think dude just enjoys stalking and killing.
[close]

Isn’t it implied in the cut that exists.  Like they cut it to black before?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2023, 06:47:48 PM »
Isn't pedo Ed vegan ? Cannot see him putting on a ex vegan now pro hunter/past his prime Rowley.
Gotta kill em to save em.

Ed is still vegan but that doesn’t ever seem to have effected who he had on the team, and he and Rowley still seem to be close friends.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2023, 08:39:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wow.. how did I never see this?

oh yup

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2023, 08:51:37 PM »
Ordered two boards from the sale because in the photo they were ps stix and tapered, when they showed up at my house theyre actually clutch O shapes. Basically the exact opposite of what I was hoping for

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2023, 09:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Isn’t it implied in the cut that exists.  Like they cut it to black before?
From my memory (which isn't perfect) Rowley is standing on a roof and you just see a lion fall out of a tree. Don't remember Rowley shooting it. I think in his thrasher interview from the time he says he used to just go on hunts but didn't kill the lions himself.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2023, 01:48:07 AM »
Ex-veganism/ shooting animals in the head/ small dick energy aside, I’m honestly his brand surprised it lasted this long, like how could no one pull him aside and be like,”uh Geoff, that name is fucking terrible, and it’s also already been better done by cancer Dan when he did freedumb”

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2023, 05:28:24 AM »

I typically gnar in silence, but this deserves recognition.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1493
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2023, 09:48:54 AM »
Instead of dancing further on the corpse of this failed venture, I’d like to point out that Chris Haslam’s Brain Child is still chugging along and he is still skating and putting out his head scratching footage.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxLOiFXLHWL/?igshid=NzZhOTFlYzFmZQ==

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -353
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2023, 10:06:39 AM »
i bet he thinks it was tasty and he wants to do it again

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2023, 03:59:52 PM »
Instead of dancing further on the corpse of this failed venture, I’d like to point out that Chris Haslam’s Brain Child is still chugging along and he is still skating and putting out his head scratching footage.

I second the motion.

Do you know what woodshop he's using? I would be very open to the idea of supporting Chris Haslam.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2023, 04:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I second the motion.

Do you know what woodshop he's using? I would be very open to the idea of supporting Chris Haslam.

Funny havent seen any footage since years from Haslam  - and then he is in Passau in Schützis warehouse?
A couple of weeks ago some friend send me an WA arm in arm with Haslam "see who I meet skating" so he is around Europe / Bavaria this days...

Speaking about euro woodshops and bavaria in general  we need to mention:
https://www.instagram.com/inclu_skateboards/
Which is a workshop for the disabled, and one of the munich locals who is leading the wood workshop build up the skateboard unit. super good quality, supporting inclusion for the disabled  and running even very small orders.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2023, 07:26:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
bitch has a green light if he ever steps into baja, theres quite a desert horned sheep lovingg community over here, its our representative, and this bitch was killing them for fun and smiling on the pictures, fuck geoff.
Glad his shit went under

Deer is the Illinois state animal, you should come after the entire midwest

I don't like hunting but let's be real, if you eat meat (as I do, for better or worse) there's no moral highground to take against it

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2023, 07:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I second the motion.

Shot a DM out this morning. For the culture.

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2023, 07:29:49 PM »
WHen you hit up a bunch of free agents, and they all turn you down....

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2023, 07:44:07 PM »
could see him on disorder

lurkluke

• Rep: 189
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2023, 07:52:15 PM »

Him and Daewon were skating a bunch for a while there last year. It almost looked like they were working on more cheese and crackers?

https://www.instagram.com/cheeseandcrackershq/

He's a good follow on insta. Pops up every now and then with a ridiculous clip.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2023, 08:34:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Him and Daewon were skating a bunch for a while there last year. It almost looked like they were working on more cheese and crackers?

Had no idea about this account. Thanks. Cheese and Crackers Vol. 2 would blow our minds.

lurkluke

• Rep: 189
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2023, 08:46:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Had no idea about this account. Thanks. Cheese and Crackers Vol. 2 would blow our minds.

They reshared a bunch recently - like a couple weeks ago - on their stories. Keeping slim hope alive

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2023, 09:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

They reshared a bunch recently - like a couple weeks ago - on their stories. Keeping slim hope alive
I would gladly pay in flesh (NOT mine) for another C&C: the original jawn made my year back in aught six, as I recall.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2023, 05:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I second the motion.

[close]

Manly as fuck.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2023, 03:43:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I second the motion.

[close]
[close]

Manly as fuck.
I got my reply and they’re BBS. Show him some love y’all. Decks are priced at $50, too.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2023, 04:25:38 PM »
As a teen, Rowley was one of my heroes and now I found he likes hunting and posing with the animals. When did he start it? I had no idea.

I used to pick him half the time when THPS-1 came out, but yea its was weird when I was on IG and seeing his posts, claiming his hunting was helping to control over population...last time I checked wildlife populations were in decline due to civilization /industrialization.