Author Topic: "Fuck Spike Jonze and fuck Jonah Hill"  (Read 19143 times)

raji

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: "Fuck Spike Jonze and fuck Jonah Hill"
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2019, 11:36:55 AM »
hes a kook of the highest order

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-mikey-alfred20181010-story.html

In trying to get “North Hollywood” made, Alfred often comes up against the industry’s old gatekeepers. They tell him to be patient, to wait his turn and hold off until the time is right. He tells them the time is right now. That usually doesn’t go over well.

In these cases, again he relies on the mentorship of Evans. “Being next to him gives me so much confidence, because I’m like, ‘I learned from the guy that produced “The Godfather,’ ” Alfred said. “Or when people try to intimidate me, I’m like, ‘I came up with the guy who ran Paramount during the “Rosemary’s Baby” and “Chinatown” era, what have you done? Why would I be scared of you? I’m not scared of him.’ ”

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »
hes a kook of the highest order

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-mikey-alfred20181010-story.html

In trying to get “North Hollywood” made, Alfred often comes up against the industry’s old gatekeepers. They tell him to be patient, to wait his turn and hold off until the time is right. He tells them the time is right now. That usually doesn’t go over well.

In these cases, again he relies on the mentorship of Evans. “Being next to him gives me so much confidence, because I’m like, ‘I learned from the guy that produced “The Godfather,’ ” Alfred said. “Or when people try to intimidate me, I’m like, ‘I came up with the guy who ran Paramount during the “Rosemary’s Baby” and “Chinatown” era, what have you done? Why would I be scared of you? I’m not scared of him.’ ”

BAHAHHAHAHA WOW.

Do you think Mikey can kickflip?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:07:34 PM by E »

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1067
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
Does it count if it’s already on? I fuxed with this yesterday:

• Rep: 31
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Every read what Vincent Gallo has said about Spike? Not a fucking fan... google it.
[close]
Quote from: Vincent Gallo
Expand Quote
“Spike Jonze sucks bad. I’ve known Spike Jonze since he was 11 years old and he’s a rich jew from the upper east side. He’s embarrassing as a BMXer and he’s embarrassing as a skateboarder. He’s the biggest fraud out there. If you bring him to a party he’s the least interesting person at the party, he’s the person who doesn’t know anything. He’s the person who doesn’t say anything funny, interesting, intelligent… He’s a pig piece of shit.”
[close]
Pico De Gallo'd his ass gotdamn
Super hot take o'the day

He probably just said that because he was trying to scoop Sofia.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2019, 01:21:29 PM »
what the fuck guys?  did you grow up in Princeton? do you get brunch at the Jonathan Club?

here is the order:

onion bagel
half portion cream cheese
lox
capers
salted tomato
romaine lettuce
pickled onion.

that's the order.  maybe a sesame bagel tuna melt with LTP & hots if its after 2:00 pm on a week day. 
if you need an everything bagel it means the bagel is shitty.
if it involves eggs it goes on biscuit. English muffin if your desperate.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2019, 01:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The real game changer: "Everything but the bagel" seasoning from Trader Joe's.
[close]

i'm a huge fan of this shit. always have one open and one on deck for when the open one inevitably becomes empty. if you're not on the EBTB train then you need to wake up.
[close]
Came to hate on Mikey, now I’m on the way to Trader Joe’s.

In a perfect world, the logo and branding would be related to Everything But the Girl.

thebacker

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2019, 01:32:41 PM »
what the fuck guys?  did you grow up in Princeton? do you get brunch at the Jonathan Club?

here is the order:

onion bagel
lox
capers
salted tomato
romaine lettuce
pickled onion.

that's the order.  maybe a sesame bagel tuna melt with LTP & hots if its after 2:00 pm on a week day. 

i mean you're just straight up wrong

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3337
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2019, 01:50:54 PM »

here is the order:

onion bagel
lox
capers
salted tomato
romaine lettuce
pickled onion.

Hey, when you're wrong, you're wrong! And you, my friend, are fuckin' wrong.

Barf The Mog

« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2019, 01:51:39 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted already....I saw this article on my google homepage, which also might have something to do with that Alfred dipshit getting upset

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/jonah-hill-spike-jonze-beastie-boys/?format=amp

• Rep: 31
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2019, 01:52:15 PM »

here is the order:

onion bagel
lox
capers
salted tomato
romaine lettuce
pickled onion.

Scrambled egg, pork roll, and yellow cheese on a bagel is legit.

Everything is the number one bagel followed closely by the purity of coarse Kosher salt bagels.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2019, 02:07:51 PM »
let the poster the pals refused become the corner pal.

A)the ratios on a bagel with egg sandwich is off.  the only way to have sufficient egg/meat/bread ratio per bite is if you put too many eggs on and the bagel will lose it structure and texture. often times the bagel is to tall to eat and you crank your mouth trying to shovel the food in your face (not enjoyable) or eat it in uneven bites.  the biscut is the correct size and its texture benefits from the egg.   you can have eggs and bagels but the bagels go next to the scrambled egg.  its not a sandwich and its two different pieces of the meal.  the bagels are a side to the egg.   i implore the next time you want a breakfast sandwich go biscuit. you will be pleased.

B) what separates fine french food from everything else is its focus on technique and quality ingredients.  over seasoning and using too many or too bold flavors is the result of shitty food at the technique and ingredient level. its masking the actual food. "everything" seasoning doesn't enhance the flavor of the bagel covers it.  it becomes something new.

trust.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Sativa Lung

« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »
I'd love some arugula or spinach with my breakfast bagel. Eggs over easy so the yolk oozes out, and some hot sauce.

thebacker

« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
let the poster the pals refused become the corner pal.

A)the ratios on a bagel with egg sandwich is off.  the only way to have sufficient egg/meat/bread ratio per bite is if you put too many eggs on and the bagel will lose it structure and texture. often times the bagel is to tall to eat and you crank your mouth trying to shovel the food in your face (not enjoyable) or eat it in uneven bites.  the biscut is the correct size and its texture benefits from the egg.   you can have eggs and bagels but the bagels go next to the scrambled egg.  its not a sandwich and its two different pieces of the meal.  the bagels are a side to the egg.   i implore the next time you want a breakfast sandwich go biscuit. you will be pleased.

B) what separates fine french food from everything else is its focus on technique and quality ingredients.  over seasoning and using too many or too bold flavors is the result of shitty food at the technique and ingredient level. its masking the actual food. "everything" seasoning doesn't enhance the flavor of the bagel covers it.  it becomes something new.

trust.
Still wrong

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2019, 02:46:07 PM »
No idea what this is about but I’ll give the win to spike.  Everybody else names in this thread is wack.  So spike wins.
More importantly, does anybody else call them “kitchen sink” bagels instead of “everything?”  My local does.  It’s cool, but the ingredients change, usually skimpy on garlic and too much salt, but I usually buy frozen bagels labeled “everything” at the grocery.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1333
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2019, 02:46:58 PM »
Anybody else like tortillas with their eggs? Bagels are too big for me to enjoyably eat as bread but put those eggs on a couple of tortillas and I'm good.

Also, like how many times a week can you eat eggs? I've been doing it everyday for about a year but I'm starting to worry maybe it's too much cholesterol.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2019, 03:06:20 PM »
Only thing Robert Evans did of note while this kid has been alive is How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days

Gotta love the Mr Show sketch with God recording the audio version of the Bible like it’s The Kid Stays In The Picture

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2019, 03:15:51 PM »
Only thing Robert Evans did of note while this kid has been alive is How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days

Gotta love the Mr Show sketch with God recording the audio version of the Bible like it’s The Kid Stays In The Picture

Given all the Entourage talk already referenced in this post , it’s worth pointing out that the “Bob Ryan”
character played by Martin Landau is basically based on Robert Evans.

Bob Ryan is portrayed as a low key senile old man that used to be something in Hollywood that people treat with a  grain of salt in the modern day.  He has very little say in the mechanics of modern day Hollywood and folks just tolerate having him hang around just cause he made a good movie or two decades ago.

So ya. Basically Alfred is getting life coach advice from someone no longer considered a power player in the industry
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 03:18:20 PM by Nancy Chin The Manicurist »

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »
I made the mistake of watching a Nak IG live yesterday and he went OFF about the whole situation. Saying shit like "Jonah didn't put me on, I AUDITIONED" - yeah, for a movie your friend was co-producing. Seemed insanely egotistical and just plain "this ain't it" territory. "I got a standard acting rate," "no one put me on - not jonah, not FA, not Supreme, not OF - I put myself on" a whole bunch of really whacky ego shit

If he auditioned for Jonah and Jonah then cast him in the movie isn't that Jonah putting him on?

Will be funny to see Alfred's movie flop.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2019, 03:22:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Every read what Vincent Gallo has said about Spike? Not a fucking fan... google it.
[close]
Quote from: Vincent Gallo
Expand Quote
“Spike Jonze sucks bad. I’ve known Spike Jonze since he was 11 years old and he’s a rich jew from the upper east side. He’s embarrassing as a BMXer and he’s embarrassing as a skateboarder. He’s the biggest fraud out there. If you bring him to a party he’s the least interesting person at the party, he’s the person who doesn’t know anything. He’s the person who doesn’t say anything funny, interesting, intelligent… He’s a pig piece of shit.”
[close]
[close]

He also said Wes Anderson sucks... Gallo made a couple cool movies but saying these two suck is just silly. Sounds like he was at a party and Spike wasn't as cool as he is.
[close]
I looked it up, Gallo has also talked mad shit on Sofia Coppola and Martin Scorsese. Just sounds like a guy who easily antagonizes people and has an inflated ego. (Or a fragile one)
[close]
Vincent Gallo is essentially Billy Walsh from Entourage. He probably views anyone who is actually capable of working in the studio system successfully with contempt.

This thread would benefit from more Gallo insanity, he's a weapons-grade asshole, but with the benefit of being caustically entertaining while he does it. i.e, for sale on his website,

http://www.vgmerchandise.com/store/pages.php?pageid=4

And if you think a slap thread can devolve quickly, I was on a forum where Gallo bought a guitar from a member, Gallo asserted 2 of the screws "were unoriginal" and it turned into 23 pages of back and forth insanity. Good times.   

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2019, 04:30:26 PM »
The real game changer: "Everything but the bagel" seasoning from Trader Joe's.

Truth. Shit is life-changing.

rukes

• Rep: 217
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2019, 05:06:41 PM »
So this guys trying to make a street dreams remake? I'm so confused about everything in this thread, even the food talk is over my head.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2019, 05:10:50 PM »
His shitty, entitled personality is so unique and different for Los Angeles, a place where people usually act humble and grateful. Like, no one in this town has ever acted this way before.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2019, 05:18:28 PM »
Spike Jones created countless historic skate videos, won a oscar, has done tons of amazing shorts.

this dude doesn't even understand how a microphone works...

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2019, 05:23:04 PM »
I made the mistake of watching a Nak IG live yesterday and he went OFF about the whole situation. Saying shit like "Jonah didn't put me on, I AUDITIONED" - yeah, for a movie your friend was co-producing. Seemed insanely egotistical and just plain "this ain't it" territory. "I got a standard acting rate," "no one put me on - not jonah, not FA, not Supreme, not OF - I put myself on" a whole bunch of really whacky ego shit

Love Naks skating tho.

TRULY not trying to brag at all BUT back in 2011 right when OF was blowing up (a month after that Fallon performance and shit,) they were the biggest thing in the world. Their homies Lucas and Julian (OF photographer) were a fan of the hardcore band I was in, and came to the two nights we played at Chain Reaction on that tour. We chilled with them for a few days, they hooked us up with a dope after show and a place to stay. We went to some baller ass house in Huntington and chilled in a hot tub and talked about Youth Of Today, Lucas took me to my first ever costco - really grounding breaking shit I'm talking about here. They were cool as fuck and down to earth and super humble. ANYWAY, Mikey was there fanboying so incredibly hard over the band we were on tour with that it made me actually feel gross and uncomfortable. Like kook of the highest order shit. He truly came off as the biggest dork I had ever met in my life up to that point

lucas vercetti? legend

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2019, 05:24:35 PM »
Would you rather:

A. Give up everything bagels forever
Or
B. Watch Mikey Alfred's full nine club episode with headphones.

Choose one
Welcome to slap message board

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
Would you rather:

Or

Choose one

A is an easy answer and I love everything bagels.

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2019, 05:30:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Would you rather:

Or

Choose one
[close]

A is an easy answer and I love everything bagels.
Agreed, although I somehow made it 30 mins into his episode it really hurt my soul and made me feel depressed. There's always more bagels to choose from I guess.  ;)
Welcome to slap message board

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2019, 05:42:12 PM »
Spike Jones created countless historic skate videos, won a oscar, has done tons of amazing shorts.

this dude doesn't even understand how a microphone works...
I'm sure you could count his skate videos if you tried.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2019, 05:47:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Love Naks skating tho.

TRULY not trying to brag at all BUT back in 2011 right when OF was blowing up (a month after that Fallon performance and shit,) they were the biggest thing in the world. Their homies Lucas and Julian (OF photographer) were a fan of the hardcore band I was in, and came to the two nights we played at Chain Reaction on that tour. We chilled with them for a few days, they hooked us up with a dope after show and a place to stay. We went to some baller ass house in Huntington and chilled in a hot tub and talked about Youth Of Today, Lucas took me to my first ever costco - really grounding breaking shit I'm talking about here. They were cool as fuck and down to earth and super humble. ANYWAY, Mikey was there fanboying so incredibly hard over the band we were on tour with that it made me actually feel gross and uncomfortable. Like kook of the highest order shit. He truly came off as the biggest dork I had ever met in my life up to that point
[close]

lucas vercetti? legend
[close]

yeah, I haven't talked to him in a minute but was always incredibly kind and down to earth whenever I'd see him passing through LA

yeah he's a great guy, works full time at supreme, and turns down every girl who asks for a photo. didn't do to well with being 'famous' i don't think. hasn't been on instagram in 2 years either.