Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 213502 times)

Boog and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #4860 on: April 07, 2024, 01:42:33 AM »
No

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #4861 on: April 07, 2024, 04:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote
What was that site that listed songs used in skate videos/parts?
[close]
skatevideosite
Thank you!

SupremePizza

• Rep: 50
« Reply #4862 on: April 08, 2024, 08:57:00 AM »
Thinking of getting Ishod 2 and GT blazers mid.
Ishods are a guilty pleasure because I know they're kinda ugly and I don't like red shoes but those for some reason are calling me badly.
GT blazers mid, the black ones, at first I thought they were ugly af but suddenly I started to like them. Even that ugly 98 is getting into me now, it was the year I started skating so is a nice thing.
Obvsly both pairs are on sale on the Czech Nike site.
Should I put the trigger?

Might as well. Ishods don't last but they sure do skate very nicely. It sounds ridiculous but my best tres lately have been with suede Ishods

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #4863 on: April 08, 2024, 11:33:03 PM »
Every single one of my wheels seems to be firmly wedged in place on my bent truck axles. The wheels are coned all crazy, and ~45mm, so I'd like to replace them. The bearings are the Bones Race style with the extended inner races acting as built-in spacers, which may have made their removal more difficult on bent axles. I was using the Bones Race bearings because my axles are slipped badly. Hammering the wheels off didn't work. They won't budge. It looks like some galvanic corrosion formed, potentially welding the axle to the bearing.

They won't freaking budge. I want to skate today without heading to the local shop to pick up new bearings. Has anyone experienced and fixed this issue before?
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Flipsidegrollie

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4864 on: April 09, 2024, 12:43:06 AM »
If you have a flat head screwdriver, try wedging it between the end of the hanger and the inside of the wheel. Use it like a lever to pry the wheel off, working your way all the way around it. Also giving it a spray with some PB blaster or some other penetrant would help if it's seized from corrosion but it might Perma mess up your bearings. Good luck!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4865 on: April 09, 2024, 08:01:46 AM »
Not sure where else to put this lol but went to the Tampa Pro contest this weekend and met Cordano Russell and he showed me his custom Toy Machine PS Stix board
it has a freaking 16 inch wheel base
It actaully had quite a bit of concave for a PS board - i noticed most of them are on the flatter side but I know not all of them are.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #4866 on: April 09, 2024, 08:08:34 AM »
Not sure where else to put this lol but went to the Tampa Pro contest this weekend and met Cordano Russell and he showed me his custom Toy Machine PS Stix board
it has a freaking 16 inch wheel base
It actaully had quite a bit of concave for a PS board - i noticed most of them are on the flatter side but I know not all of them are.

makes sense, dudes built like a football player

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #4867 on: April 09, 2024, 08:38:17 AM »
oh another thing he mentioned 2 of the plies are made from Hemp. That is first I had heard about that.  I can't seem to find any more information on this board online but I know I saw awhile ago it was an 8 ply and people were kinda clowning that it was "just an extra ply".  Interesting choice of using hemp. i am gonna go out on a whim here and I wouldn't be surprised the compound that they use for the DSM VX / Resin 7 boards has too many chemicals in it and probably against regulations / under heavy taxes if manufactured in North America - similar to how Vulcanized shoes are always produced in countries with basically zero emissions laws like Cambodia and Vietnam.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4868 on: April 09, 2024, 08:40:41 AM »
oh another thing he mentioned 2 of the plies are made from Hemp. That is first I had heard about that.  I can't seem to find any more information on this board online but I know I saw awhile ago it was an 8 ply and people were kinda clowning that it was "just an extra ply".  Interesting choice of using hemp. i am gonna go out on a whim here and I wouldn't be surprised the compound that they use for the DSM VX / Resin 7 boards has too many chemicals in it and probably against regulations / under heavy taxes if manufactured in North America - similar to how Vulcanized shoes are always produced in countries with basically zero emissions laws like Cambodia and Vietnam.
You made me remember about those 9 ply Shuvit boards, good memories. Crazy a 16" WB
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 11:51:26 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #4869 on: April 09, 2024, 08:56:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You made me remember about those 9 plus Shuvit boards, good memories. Crazy a 16" WB
I think josh Kasper had an extra ply blind board too. I'm the same size as cordano and used to always ride Stu Graham boards because they were the biggest but were so heavy I got over it. Wonder how heavy his setup is with that size board plus extra plys. He's gotta be destroying baseplates too

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1961
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4870 on: April 09, 2024, 10:16:15 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265641317282

Habitat did hemp ply decks in the early 2010s
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dad Board

• Rep: 78
« Reply #4871 on: April 09, 2024, 10:59:49 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265641317282

Habitat did hemp ply decks in the early 2010s

Thought that said “to son” and imagined Freddy signing boards for random kids at a demo and making sure they knew he was that dude

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4872 on: April 09, 2024, 12:05:00 PM »
@rawbertson
was the deck 34” long?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #4873 on: April 10, 2024, 09:12:47 AM »
what trucks is daewon skatin now that tensor is done?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1037
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #4874 on: April 10, 2024, 06:32:18 PM »

I would have a guess and say he would still have a lifetime supply of those trucks so I guess of any product, trucks last the longest and need to be changed out the least, especially compared to decks, wheels, etc.

The funny thing is with some pro guys they can skate the same trucks for years - way longer than a lot of other people would skate anything, even though they change out decks very regularly, or wheels fairly regularly.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Bold

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4875 on: April 10, 2024, 07:34:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would have a guess and say he would still have a lifetime supply of those trucks so I guess of any product, trucks last the longest and need to be changed out the least, especially compared to decks, wheels, etc.

The funny thing is with some pro guys they can skate the same trucks for years - way longer than a lot of other people would skate anything, even though they change out decks very regularly, or wheels fairly regularly.

He probably has plenty but I also bet he wears out front trucks faster than folks who actually use top bushings. Those washers against the hanger have got to make for a helluva lot of wear.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #4876 on: April 11, 2024, 05:31:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He probably has plenty but I also bet he wears out front trucks faster than folks who actually use top bushings. Those washers against the hanger have got to make for a helluva lot of wear.

this is probably the only time Mbrinson needs to be corrected  ;D

A local mate has that Daewon setting and the hanger kingpin hole is being tortured, getting oval really quick.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4877 on: April 11, 2024, 03:41:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

this is probably the only time Mbrinson needs to be corrected  ;D

A local mate has that Daewon setting and the hanger kingpin hole is being tortured, getting oval really quick.

Ha yeah, definitely bring me to account and I gladly accept any corrections - does he still skate with no top bushing at all, or has he got a cut down job in there just to run it how he needs it?

A unique one, any which way.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #4878 on: April 11, 2024, 06:54:56 PM »
@Mbrimson88 quick one for you, how much flat is on your garage mini?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4879 on: April 12, 2024, 02:48:55 AM »
@Mbrimson88 quick one for you, how much flat is on your garage mini?

It has about 1600 to 1800 mm of flat, which equates to between 5 and 6 ft of flat for a 2 ft to 3 ft ramp.

The whole thing fits in a 6 m x 6 m double garage space including 1200 main platforms on the smaller middle bits.

That sort of adds up to about 900 mm of transition from coping to flat, across the overall plan, not going with the transition.

Wall - 1200 platform, 900 transition, 1800 flat, 900 transition, 1200 platform - wall.

This one shows the flat fairly well.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #4880 on: April 12, 2024, 06:53:29 PM »
Thanks @Mbrimson88. That helps a lot since I’ve never done a mini under 4’ before. This one’s going to be 2.5’ so I figured 8’ of flat would be a bit excessive and I’d seen you did a few little guys.
Appreciate the response.

LeDave

• Rep: 5
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #4881 on: April 14, 2024, 01:56:45 PM »
When to install new pivot cups? My roommate has worn pivot cups that pop out of his trucks. I told him he should get new ones but he said it’s fine. I’m just curious, when do you know to install new ones?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 02:04:14 PM by LeDave »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #4882 on: April 14, 2024, 02:09:52 PM »
When to install new pivot cups? My roommate has worn pivot cups that pop out of his trucks. I told him he should get new ones but he said it’s fine. I’m just curious, when do you know to install new ones?
If you’re thinking you should change your pivot cups, then it’s time. Usually the trucks act too squirrelly.

LeDave

• Rep: 5
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #4883 on: April 14, 2024, 02:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you’re thinking you should change your pivot cups, then it’s time. Usually the trucks act too squirrelly.

Thanks, do you happen to know if these are D1 or D2 from Destructos? My roommate is not sure which one his is and the Destructos website show D1 and D2 pivot cups for sale.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4884 on: April 14, 2024, 03:21:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks, do you happen to know if these are D1 or D2 from Destructos? My roommate is not sure which one his is and the Destructos website show D1 and D2 pivot cups for sale.

People in the "Other trucks" thread might have some answers, but quite simply, from what I have read there, if the bottom bushing is cylinder, they are D1, but if the bottom bushiing is conical they are D2.

More info here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108560.msg3222173#msg3222173

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1961
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4885 on: April 14, 2024, 08:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

People in the "Other trucks" thread might have some answers, but quite simply, from what I have read there, if the bottom bushing is cylinder, they are D1, but if the bottom bushiing is conical they are D2.

More info here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108560.msg3222173#msg3222173

Or remove the trucks and check the sticker on the baseplate.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4886 on: April 15, 2024, 04:45:57 AM »

Or remove the trucks and check the sticker on the baseplate.

Ha yeah, I was going to say something like that, but then I didn't find any pics of the underside of them and I haven't actually seen a set of Destructo trucks since all the sets I had back in the 2000s, so I had nothing to actually go on in that regard.

Are the pivot points and associated cups different in the two versions?  Like Ace Classic to AF1 trucks, although some people I know have put generic pivot cups in both and said they still work fine.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #4887 on: April 15, 2024, 07:57:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Huge kingpin clearance - D1
Not a lot of kingpin clearance - D2

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #4888 on: April 15, 2024, 08:21:00 AM »
You must give people trigger warning beforehand if you wanna post photo of Destructos with hardware poking out

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #4889 on: April 15, 2024, 09:56:19 AM »
You must give people trigger warning beforehand if you wanna post photo of Destructos with hardware poking out

the whole kit….have you ever been in a parked vehicle, in a row, with a line of vehicles parked on either side, and then one of the lanes of vehicles started to move forward, and you are snapped from your reverie, and start panicking whilst pressing down the brake, certain that you are rolling backwards?