Author Topic: Epicly later’d Ryan Lay  (Read 12655 times)

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Epicly later’d Ryan Lay
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2024, 10:18:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Ryan’s story deserves way more than Nora being snarky and wasting a good amount of time on gifted hater …
[close]

Ryan fucking rips and as someone who is also interested in thru hiking this got me researching the Tahoe Rim trail for myself. Nora was way cooler before she got on Adidas and didn’t act like every other snotty New England girl. Despite being aware of Gifted Hater I have managed to avoid anything involving him until this episode. Good episode but it could have been great without all the “drama”. My local shop has a Ryan Lay Sci Fi board I might go buy now. Hope we get another full part out of him before he decides to retire.

Tahoe Rim is aight. The highlight is Desolation Wilderness, but other than that you’ll see and hear society for most of the hike around the Lake. It’s pretty dry too surprisingly. Not to discredit RLay, but someone did it in under two days unsupported in 2020 and it blew my mind as someone who hiked it too.

Check out the Big SeKi loop if you’re (or anyone else in here) on the hunt for cool Sierra Nevada miles. Feel free to PM me too on the subject.

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2024, 08:10:55 AM »
coulda used more Ryan Lay, and Ryan Lay related content, in this Ryan Lay episode
hardly art, hardly starving

Massivebellend

• Rep: -13
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2024, 12:08:14 PM »
Nora sucks, RLay rules

CurbRaiders

• Rep: -31
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2024, 12:13:56 PM »
If Nora's last name was Smith and not something no one wanted to spell or pronounce she would be next to anonymous in skateboarding. She gets all of the mystique of one name people without any of the shit that makes them cool.

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2024, 03:22:44 PM »
If Nora's last name was Smith and not something no one wanted to spell or pronounce she would be next to anonymous in skateboarding. She gets all of the mystique of one name people without any of the shit that makes them cool.

wtf you on bruh?
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2024, 03:32:10 PM »
interesting how the conversation around hiking, which ryan talks about how helps center himself, and provides clarity into skateboarding, and isn't a competition for him, has rapidly devolved into talking about competition and how he isn't fast.

y'all are majorly missing the point, IMO.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2024, 04:42:00 PM »
Ryan Slay 💅

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2024, 06:31:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ryan’s story deserves way more than Nora being snarky and wasting a good amount of time on gifted hater …
[close]

Ryan fucking rips and as someone who is also interested in thru hiking this got me researching the Tahoe Rim trail for myself. Nora was way cooler before she got on Adidas and didn’t act like every other snotty New England girl. Despite being aware of Gifted Hater I have managed to avoid anything involving him until this episode. Good episode but it could have been great without all the “drama”. My local shop has a Ryan Lay Sci Fi board I might go buy now. Hope we get another full part out of him before he decides to retire.
[close]

Tahoe Rim is aight. The highlight is Desolation Wilderness, but other than that you’ll see and hear society for most of the hike around the Lake. It’s pretty dry too surprisingly. Not to discredit RLay, but someone did it in under two days unsupported in 2020 and it blew my mind as someone who hiked it too.

Check out the Big SeKi loop if you’re (or anyone else in here) on the hunt for cool Sierra Nevada miles. Feel free to PM me too on the subject.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’m from Indiana so anything with elevation and views blows away the trails I have locally. The noise on Tahoe Rim wouldn’t bother me, I spent a year hiking every weekend in the White Mountains of New Hampshire where it’s very difficult to find a trail that doesn’t have the sounds of civilization.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2024, 09:09:37 PM »
Vasconcellos isn't hard to pronounce or spell.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2024, 01:20:07 AM »
If you read this thread before watching the video, you would be really surprised that Nora kinda said one thing and Burnett said one thing himself.    I was expecting their Burn Books to be read out and discussed, not being less than 30 seconds total of a half hour doc

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2024, 02:42:23 AM »
or it could just be that she’s a good skateboarder. very attractive too (to me)

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2024, 08:11:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
or it could just be that she’s a good skateboarder. very attractive too (to me)

this is important
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2024, 08:15:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
ok, but please acknowledge that you're coming to this conversation as someone who knows how to read. and speak. check your privilege

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2024, 08:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
ok, but please acknowledge that you're coming to this conversation as someone who knows how to read. and speak. check your privilege

Why are you making assumptions they can speak