Author Topic: best and worst vegetables  (Read 4898 times)

Martin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • http://mz-skate.blogspot.de/
    • http://mz-skate.blogspot.de/ avatar image
Re: best and worst vegetables
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 03:08:17 PM »
I freaking hate tomatoes unless they are heavily processed, crushed and cooked. Otherwise they are red gross mush.

Potatoes are the king of vegetables. cook them a million different ways and they are always delicious.  

Same for me. Really love tomato sauce or tomato pesto and stuff like that, but raw tomatos are nothing but gross, especially their consistency and those tiny pips.

On the other hand, Olives are by far the best vegetables. I have been eating them as some sort of snack to go lately, like taking a glass of olives to a spot and every now and then have a handful of them.....

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »
I freaking hate tomatoes unless they are heavily processed, crushed and cooked. Otherwise they are red gross mush.

Potatoes are the king of vegetables. cook them a million different ways and they are always delicious.  

I can only eat them cubed, it is the best way to go if you gut them afterwards

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »
all you cats hating on tomatos is straight tripping, you know nothing of tomatos, they are the real de reals and have been catchin wreck in every meal they wish to call there home

Generik

• Rep: 2
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »
Yams and Sweet potatoes all day!

Ⓐ☭Ⓐ☭Ⓐ

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »
 Mushrooms ? Do they count as vegetable?

This shit tastes like meat if cooked in the oven.

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
all you cats hating on tomatos is straight tripping, you know nothing of tomatos, they are the real de reals and have been catchin wreck in every meal they wish to call there home

Ya, i'm really puzzled by all the tomato hate.  ???

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »
I eat carrots a lot, spinach is good, sweet potatoes and yams kick ass, just tried cooked eggplant and it reminded me of sweet potatoes so I like that too. Beets are alright, broccoli is decent. Not sure about the tomato hate, I like them as long as they aren't super processed.
Basically I like almost all vegetables minus celery, iceberg lettuce, and cauliflower. Haven't tried kale yet.

steenz

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ya, i'm really puzzled by all the tomato hate.?  ???
tomato is a fruit it shouldnt of even been brought up

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2013, 04:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Ya, i'm really puzzled by all the tomato hate.?  ???
[close]

Well since we're on the topic of fruits.  I really like Avocados and raspberries.
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2013, 05:01:06 PM »

"You know, you can eat 'em like apples."

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2013, 05:08:07 PM »
Absolutely hate onions. Even if I can tolerate the taste, they make me sick.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
i didn't eat many veggies until a few years ago and now that I don't eat much meat, I love them! Lately, I'm enjoying raw far more than cooked.

I can't get down with cooked onions, period, it's a texture thing. Most cabbage dishes don't fly either. Brussel sprouts too.

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2013, 05:17:02 PM »

Yeah, technically i think it's a berry but.. it's still a vegetable to me and i think most people.

The "favorite berries thread" would feel weird if everyone was talking bout tomatoes and bananas but no strawberries or raspberries.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:28:51 PM by poster »

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, technically i think it's a berry but.. it's still a vegetable to me and i think most people.

The "favorite berries thread" would feel weird if everyone was talking bout tomatoes and bananas but no strawberries or raspberries.

when motherfuckers start eating tomato pie for dessert thats when them shit is a fruit

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:35 PM »

Thats crazy , onions and garlic is in like almost everything , same with tomatos , better start reading those labels and watch out when you go out eating ,

I dont like radishes but if done right I can eat it .  Olives I really dont like , just hate them

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2013, 06:57:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thats crazy , onions and garlic is in like almost everything , same with tomatos , better start reading those labels and watch out when you go out eating ,

I dont like radishes but if done right I can eat it .  Olives I really dont like , just hate them

Yeah, I think it's a mental thing. My older brother dared me to bite into an onion when I was really little.... I've never really had a problem with onion powder or even some types of onion rings.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2013, 07:01:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I think it's a mental thing. My older brother dared me to bite into an onion when I was really little.... I've never really had a problem with onion powder or even some types of onion rings.
I understand how that could be traumatizing. Onions burn the fuck out of your senses. Try carmelizing them with some olive oil and black pepper on low heat. Toast up some French bread slices and scoop up!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I think it's a mental thing. My older brother dared me to bite into an onion when I was really little.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »
loving all the costanza references. he's relevant to almost everything food related and otherwise

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
Asparagus is the shit. Tomatoes are the shit. Brussel sprouts are the shit. Carrots are the shit. Artichokes are the shit. Spinach is the shit. Radishes are the shit.

Onions are shit.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »
kookng everyone who doesnt like peas tomatoes or onions

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2013, 07:59:01 PM »
I like them all. I really love broccoli and basically all brassicas, from kale to brussel sprouts.

Peas rule. Pea vines rule even harder.

You can't beat potatoes for cheap eats. Sweet potatoes and yams deserve an honorable mention.

I just started eating lots of beets. I liked them, but I never really liked cooking them. I've been grating them and eating them raw in tacos with lime.

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
I usually buy and eat organic veggies/fruits/chicken because of how healthy they're. Mashed potato's have always been my favorite but most of the time I start by cooking some cut up potato's then adding cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, add some beer for flavor and some honey mustard sauce. Broccoli, brussels sprouts and carrots are also really good.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2013, 08:05:25 PM »
Got super sick one time and puked up my dinner all night. All I remember seeing was peas and ever since then I've had a tough time looking at them.  Sucks

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2013, 08:08:02 PM »
best: green and red peppers and celery in my ceasar

worst: anything pickled

man, one time i got these frootysweet tablets and tried every vegetable and fruit and anything else I had in my fridge.  it switches your taste buds into thinking sweet is sour and sour is sweet.  Onions were the best thing to eat with those pills, made them taste like gala apples.  even nasty, cider vinegar tasted nice, like apple juice. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:11:09 PM by police state »
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2013, 08:51:57 PM »
I'm down with anything that's not brussel sprouts or eggplant. I eat a shit load of raw bell peppers.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do olives count as vegetables? Not sure about that one. I think they're an accuired taste. I used to hate them for the longest time but now I love them. Especially black olives, hmmmmm!

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »
A little off topic but.. last summer I sliced up a pineapple, coated it with a mixture of vodka, cinnamon and sugar, then grilled it on the bbq.  Better than any vegetable I've ever eaten.

steenz

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2013, 10:04:45 AM »
If pickles are vegetables i fucking hate pickles so bad i throw up

ShihtzuEnthusiast

• Rep: 5
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2013, 12:33:27 PM »
Corn is pretty fantastic. On the cob with lots of butter is the best, but fried corn nuggets are really good, especially with honey mustard.

Also, you can't go wrong with potatoes. Hash browns or breakfast potatoes in the morning make any day great.