Author Topic: namedrop thread  (Read 32386 times)

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: namedrop thread
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2019, 06:11:15 AM »
I sent Jamie Tacony some Kratom and he agreed to send me back some product in exchange and never sent me anything.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2019, 06:32:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My first time skating in BC I somehow ended up staying with colin McKay and later rick Howard. This was while they were filming for virtual reality, which is fuckin insane to think about now. We kept in touch up till maybe 10 years ago or so. Colin is fucked. Rick is rick, one of the best people ever. I also met Mike Carroll through rick and hes def. One huge asshole.

Before appleyard got on flip I skated with him alot. I was already on my downswing but holy fuck was he destined for greatness. Watching him nollie flip crooks everything at maybe age 15 was insane. Still talk to him once in awhile.

Jeremy wray is awesome! Skated with him and pat shortly after shs came out and pat is probably the most underrated rail skater ever(probanly because his parts had no rails in em lol)

No idea how we met??? But drake Jones and I have been good friends for along fuckin time. Hes the best dood out of any pro I've ever met. Calls every week just to see what's new.  Hes also introduced me to Mike york about 4 years ago and Mike is a really awesome guy too.

Lots of canadian skaters I'm still friends with, or was friends with.

I also skated with Tom penny in some random arena and I dont even remember where it was? Some of the footy was in a 411 i think? The awkwardly amazing switch tre on flat, switch back lip on this rediculous small pyramid thing that was damn near impossible to skate. That was easily the funnest skating I've ever watched. Tom in his prime, having fun and just doing everything.  His flatground at that time, was unfuckwithable and it's so weird because you never seen any of these tricks in videos. He did inward heels that looked amazing, proper hardflips waaaay before proper ones even existed, switch frontside heels. It was just weird because you never seen anything like that from him. Anyways I fanned out and only skated about half the time. But the highlight was him and I doing pressure flips at the end of the session trying to one up each other and he obviously destroyed me but that was really cool
[close]
   Hmm my buddy Lee was at that demo, you know him?  Hes native, skates.
[close]

Does he run colonialism?

I met that dood but I'm not 100% sure if that's even his name. My memory isnt too good.
[close]
   Naw hes a hesher.  Still skates.
[close]

Ah ic, doesnt ring a bell. Did you know crolly? RIP. All those boys in Winnipeg, Mike McDermott runs green apple now but still rips.

Also Steve nesser is not too far from me so we chat abit. Minneapolis foods rip. Everytime I'm in town I link up over at la familia and go skate with those guys, even though these days a leg injury just has me pushing around.

39 now bro and all those injuries sure tool their toll. Lucky I can walk
  Skated with Crolly a bunch just randomly down at the plaza.  I  know Mcdermotts older brother well.  Mikes friendly. What are you in the states? Minneapolis foods?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

D

• Rep: 2
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2019, 07:47:26 AM »
Went to a go skate day/wild in the streets event at skatepark of Tampa in 2010 that the emerica team was at. Took a break from skating in jumped in the bed of a chase truck and Reynolds also jumped in. Got to shoot the shit about Lakeland for a few mins. Later that day, the team was skating the old bro bowl and templeton was chilling by himself so I went up and chatted. He ended up drawing some cool toy machine esq doodle on my emerica backpack. Still have it.

Run into lance Conklin from time to time and we’ll talk about tattoo shit. He also cane into an old job of mine and stared at the case of cheesecake slices for a couple mins before bouncing because we stopped serving desert already.

Kelly heart drunkenly FaceTimed me a couple weeks ago.
I’m very athletic, I enjoy the arts.

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2019, 08:08:46 AM »
I was at one point a pro hoe/flow hoe I have fucked quite few dudes that were in that Pig wood and Foundation niche. Not my proudest moments for sure, but damned if I didn't get at least a few boxes thrown my way of decks and products they weren't hyped on. btw Angel Ramirez' dick is tiny like GG Allin tiny
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2019, 08:48:22 AM »
I was at one point a pro hoe/flow hoe I have fucked quite few dudes that were in that Pig wood and Foundation niche. Not my proudest moments for sure, but damned if I didn't get at least a few boxes thrown my way of decks and products they weren't hyped on. btw Angel Ramirez' dick is tiny like GG Allin tiny

need a graph of pig wood wood.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

30somethinghasbeen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2019, 08:53:01 AM »
Had the whole Hoon crew invade my local park once.  They were calling all the little kids at the park cunts and saying hilarious stuff like "outta the way cunt" as they were charging through the park.  They were so good that all the kids naturally stopped skating to watch.  As they landed tricks, they would hi-five and say "that was straight filth, cunt!"  Never heard such gratuitous use of the C word and I loved every minute of it.  Australian's rule. 

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2019, 09:07:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

need a graph of pig wood wood.
I'd kiss and tell but honestly most of the dudes I would hook up with weren't bad guy's so I would spare them the details but Angel Ramirez was a fucking asshole in fact most of those Wetboys dudes were dickriding Denver park kooks.   
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2019, 09:15:27 AM »
BS'd with Karl Watson at the local a few months back...really good dude!

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
Did coke with the lead singer of Sugar Ray one time.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2019, 01:20:47 PM »
Did coke with the lead singer of Sugar Ray one time.

Did you call him Sugar Gay?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2019, 01:51:23 PM »
For some reason Spencer Fujimoto has lurked my IG story twice.

doyle

• Rep: 213
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2019, 02:23:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My first time skating in BC I somehow ended up staying with colin McKay and later rick Howard. This was while they were filming for virtual reality, which is fuckin insane to think about now. We kept in touch up till maybe 10 years ago or so. Colin is fucked. Rick is rick, one of the best people ever. I also met Mike Carroll through rick and hes def. One huge asshole.

Before appleyard got on flip I skated with him alot. I was already on my downswing but holy fuck was he destined for greatness. Watching him nollie flip crooks everything at maybe age 15 was insane. Still talk to him once in awhile.

Jeremy wray is awesome! Skated with him and pat shortly after shs came out and pat is probably the most underrated rail skater ever(probanly because his parts had no rails in em lol)

No idea how we met??? But drake Jones and I have been good friends for along fuckin time. Hes the best dood out of any pro I've ever met. Calls every week just to see what's new.  Hes also introduced me to Mike york about 4 years ago and Mike is a really awesome guy too.

I also skated with Tom penny in some random arena and I dont even remember where it was? Some of the footy was in a 411 i think? The awkwardly amazing switch tre on flat, switch back lip on this rediculous small pyramid thing that was damn near impossible to skate. That was easily the funnest skating I've ever watched. Tom in his prime, having fun and just doing everything.  His flatground at that time, was unfuckwithable and it's so weird because you never seen any of these tricks in videos. He did inward heels that looked amazing, proper hardflips waaaay before proper ones even existed, switch frontside heels. It was just weird because you never seen anything like that from him. Anyways I fanned out and only skated about half the time. But the highlight was him and I doing pressure flips at the end of the session trying to one up each other and he obviously destroyed me but that was really cool
[close]
[close]

Does he run colonialism?

I met that dood but I'm not 100% sure if that's even his name. My memory isnt too good.

Mike Langan is the guy behind Colonialism by the way. Good guy.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2019, 08:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Does he run colonialism?

[close]
   Naw hes a hesher.  Still skates.
[close]

Ah ic, doesnt ring a bell. Did you know crolly? RIP. All those boys in Winnipeg, Mike McDermott runs green apple now but still rips.

Also Steve nesser is not too far from me so we chat abit. Minneapolis foods rip. Everytime I'm in town I link up over at la familia and go skate with those guys, even though these days a leg injury just has me pushing around.

39 now bro and all those injuries sure tool their toll. Lucky I can walk
[close]
  Skated with Crolly a bunch just randomly down at the plaza.  I  know Mcdermotts older brother well.  Mikes friendly. What are you in the states? Minneapolis foods?

I meant doods,  auto correct lol. I'm in ontario but only about 4 hours from Winnipeg so I skated there lots. That's also where I met stenger(through mcdermott).

Also, I must have it twisted, but yeah, the guy that runs colonialism is fuckin cool! I've got all his boards on my wall. My favorite is the RZA/ graphic. Hes hooked up alot of kids on the rez here and I have utmost respect for him
Gentleman ninja warlock

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2019, 07:57:08 AM »
Same and with a couple likes on my clips.
Must just be on the explore page or he’s a lutzga bot.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2019, 08:22:54 AM »
mark nardelli got really hyped on my all-green cruiser at a street fair. asked if he could take a pic of it and put a sticker of his friend's flower shop on it. he was very nice.
Mark Nardelli rules. I helped him when I was working at the Genius Bar. After that he would always say what’s up when I saw him at LES. When I was helping he showed me some 5boro graphics they were working on. It was my shinning Genius Bar moment.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2019, 08:56:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He’s a lutzga bot. Tag #skateboarding and he’s there.
Twofelons liked one of my posts the other day and I have no clue why
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Snowboardingsbetter

• Rep: -25
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2019, 09:28:03 AM »
Danny Davis

Desiree Melancon is the original Nora V
Last Resort with Stan > Skateline
Keir Dillon is broker Mikey Taylor
Jibgurl300>skatemoss
Scott Stevens is cooler than everything

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2019, 10:13:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

He’s a lutzga bot. Tag #skateboarding and he’s there.
Twofelons liked one of my posts the other day and I have no clue why
The interesting thing was the posts of mine he liked didn’t have any tags.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Get the strap

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Me too, it was within 2 weeks or so ago, and he liked or commented on maybe a month old post. I was on the fence with it being possibly genuine or it being the lutzka bot thing.

Can we find out about the "liking-app" or whatever the fuck you would call it? Surely it can't be hidden from the public. Is it really a bot? It's hard to imagine a pro-skater using such technology. I want to know what it is.

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 625
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2019, 12:58:58 PM »
Forgot I did blow with Todd Congelliere once. Monty Nolder gave me the crazy eyes at the bar one time when we were chillin. Thought he was gonna deck me. I think he read my lips wrong and thought I was talking shit.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 176
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2019, 01:17:34 PM »
Dan Drehobl called me a chain smoker once.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »
That's an honor. Blasting 4 packs a day.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1331
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2019, 05:32:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Me too, it was within 2 weeks or so ago, and he liked or commented on maybe a month old post. I was on the fence with it being possibly genuine or it being the lutzka bot thing.

Can we find out about the "liking-app" or whatever the fuck you would call it? Surely it can't be hidden from the public. Is it really a bot? It's hard to imagine a pro-skater using such technology. I want to know what it is.

I have also gotten props from robo Fujimoto on IG. I never tag shit because I post for no one lol.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2019, 05:41:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's an honor. Blasting 4 packs a day.
is it really that much? How is that even possible

slappyjoes

• Rep: 38
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2019, 09:58:19 PM »
I forgot to mention Animal chin randomly appeared at my old local skateshop and signed the wall in it that was pretty cool

cheese.eggs

• Rep: 5
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2019, 11:37:23 PM »
Some guys was fixing a broken wall at my house. He saw me putting my board in my trunk and he says "hey do you know my son? His name is chase webb"

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2019, 12:07:30 AM »
Did you tell him his son is a rapist? He deserves to know.

olliehole

• Rep: 0
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2019, 01:41:51 AM »
When I was 12 Jereme Rogers gave me his mixtape.

p_higgles

• Rep: 3
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2019, 07:42:36 AM »
I would skate with Travis Stenger anytime dude came into Edmonton from Leduc 1997-2000, which was quite frequently. Even in those early days of just skating without cameras in our early/mid teens everyone could tell that he was a rare and special talent. I quit skating in 2001 and lost touch with everyone ;( Fast forward 15 years later to my midlife crisis I'm back doing it (since 2016), and it is nice to see his name being dropped here and there. Not only was he inspiring to watch skate but he was also the nicest / most level headed guy in our crew, IMO. I miss those days. Shout out to anyone lurking / reading this who skated in Edmonton late 90s... Ed's Shed forever :)

And that just sparked a memory of skating Ed's Shed park with just a few dudes in there, one was Paul Machnau. I did a varial flip over the table top and he approached me with some words of encouragement/praise for a youngster. It was a cool moment I haven't forgotten. :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 07:52:01 AM by p_higgles »

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2019, 09:22:48 AM »
Saw gonz in Chinatown walking and drawing on an iPad. He looked up and saw my eyes widen and just said hi. Ran into BA in New York a few times, always said what’s up and he’d always politely respond. Talked to tyshawn way before cherry came out when he was still pretty small when we were walking off the same train. Ate at the same hibachi restaurant as tony hawk in like 1997. Went to high school/skated a few times with Austin Amelio (walking dead) who is actually a pretty solid skater.
Suns out, im going skating. chow