Author Topic: tinder  (Read 389813 times)

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • evensteven
Re: tinder
« Reply #2370 on: July 31, 2017, 05:55:29 PM »
what the hell should my profile look like? i'm not big on selfies so i have no idea what to put. I've been on pof for a month now and keep getting left on read, it's giving me the blues
even the steven

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2371 on: July 31, 2017, 06:11:14 PM »
what the hell should my profile look like? i'm not big on selfies so i have no idea what to put. I've been on pof for a month now and keep getting left on read, it's giving me the blues

POF when i was on there was probably the worst dating app, way easier to get catfished on that instead of like bumble or tinder. Maybe try Okcupid too but that app makes you fill all these stupid questions and all you have to do on tinder/bumble is post a couple of pictures and write a bio.

Pictures- use animals or babies. Don't do lame ass mirror selfies, you could maybe get away with that if you're fucking ripped but even then girls will probably think you're a douche/fuck boy.

Bio- If you're tall put your height, anything 6 foot or above you will probably get a girl just to swipe right for you just for that. If you aren't tall be funny, if you aren't funny at least learn corny jokes. Or you can be a rebel and put nothing in your bio but thats fucking boring and lame.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:25:47 PM by tobey »

calvinsdream

« Reply #2372 on: August 01, 2017, 07:42:05 AM »
Ok. Last week I went out with my Tinder match and we've hooked up a couple times. Should be a regular thing, and she's totally cool with playing the side role.

I didn't really see the use for any weird pick up lines or whatever to get a response back. Most of the time simple conversation was fine enough to get a response.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2373 on: August 01, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
I have a date tomorrow. It will be park beers smokes and chill but I haven't had a shag in ages so I'm happy with that. Expectations low as usual.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2374 on: August 01, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »
Good luck everyone with dates.

I think my tinder luck has run its course. Barely getting any matches and no one really responds anymore. It's been a good run guys.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Joe Pesci

« Reply #2375 on: August 01, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »
Just being on tinder for this last week or whatever basically reminded me why I stopped using it before. I consider myself to be at least an average looking dude, but this shit makes you think otherwise. Aren't skateboarders supposed to be cool these days?

Either way, part of what I don't like about this also is that no matter what you have as a bio or whatever you cannot show personality through an app. But I'm still gonna stay on until something works, hopefully I'll have some decent stories to post up on here.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #2376 on: August 01, 2017, 11:43:59 AM »
I must be fucked up looking or my standards are too high. I've been swiping away on Tinder and Bumble for forever now and I have yet to get any legit matches.

Here Come The Lame Jets

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #2377 on: August 01, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »
Your pictures make a big difference - have a few good shots of your face/body, well lit, where it's clear who you are. Maybe make a dumb joke in your profile? Don't overthink it.

I regularly went on dates (typically one or two a week) for a while and I burnt out. I have a bleak outlook already and repetitively selling yourself like that gets exhausting. I decided I wasn't going to bother going out with anyone unless I was truly enthused and that helped. Things slowed down and batteries were recharged.

A good date will be obvious - it'll be clear you get along, and you won't have to read tea leaves. When that happens, then it's a matter of letting it flow and not feeling too thirsty. This is a challenge of course when you've had a dry spell. But take a pause and try to see it as a moment between two people, and enjoy it just for that. This works for a lot of things. Breathe, give yourself a moment. People that seem completely incredible have their flaws, and people who rub you wrong at first could end up being great. Give yourself a break and that allows you to be charitable to others too.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #2378 on: August 01, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »

repetitively selling yourself like that gets exhausting. I decided I wasn't going to bother going out with anyone unless I was truly enthused and that helped.
Another big reason I wasn't interested in Tinder before. It definitely gets old meeting someone new all the time, especially someone you feel like you have to tell all about yourself, just to get to smash with no intentions of taking anything further. I've hooked up with a couple girls in the past on there, but I just got over the process of talking to girls I really wasn't interested in, half of whom are all obviously so socially awkward they need Tinder to be that medium for meeting people... just to have them tell me they're "filling in blanks" while talking to me because they think I'm awkward. It's almost like a different Dunning-Kruger effect.

I got this girls number (again) that I talked to through Tinder around 3 years ago, and holy shit the idea of what some girls think Tinder is for is pretty crazy. I met up with her back then at like 11 pm to watch The Office or something, and long story short it ended up being like 2 hours of making out and steady groping, including nudity... with no real sexual acts taking place. What it came down to was, apparently she didn't shave anything so she felt insecure and that was because she "didn't know" we might hook up. I personally don't like much hair down there at all, but since I was already there I said fuck it and wasn't gonna complain. Because it had been 2 fucking hours of teasing, I ended up not being able to get a boner and nothing ended up happening. What else could you possibly be thinking that you're getting into with a guy you've never met before coming over at 11 pm that you met through a dating app? She wasn't the last girl that a situation like that occurred.

The real reason I mentioned this, though, is because even though we didn't have sex, we had been NAKED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER, and she's basically curving me as we speak, even though she already gave me her number again. Keep in mind, this girl isn't even really that attractive. I'd honestly give her like a 6/10, based mostly on how pretty her face is, otherwise she's pretty average, not fat, but like definitely not just skinny or like "thick".

Ironically (or maybe not), every girl I've met in reality is way hotter than any girl I've met on Tinder. It's like what is supposed to be easier is harder, and has worse results than the other option. Maybe Tinder just isn't for me?

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2379 on: August 01, 2017, 01:56:10 PM »
Expand Quote

repetitively selling yourself like that gets exhausting. I decided I wasn't going to bother going out with anyone unless I was truly enthused and that helped.
[close]
Another big reason I wasn't interested in Tinder before. It definitely gets old meeting someone new all the time, especially someone you feel like you have to tell all about yourself, just to get to smash with no intentions of taking anything further. I've hooked up with a couple girls in the past on there, but I just got over the process of talking to girls I really wasn't interested in, half of whom are all obviously so socially awkward they need Tinder to be that medium for meeting people... just to have them tell me they're "filling in blanks" while talking to me because they think I'm awkward. It's almost like a different Dunning-Kruger effect.

I got this girls number (again) that I talked to through Tinder around 3 years ago, and holy shit the idea of what some girls think Tinder is for is pretty crazy. I met up with her back then at like 11 pm to watch The Office or something, and long story short it ended up being like 2 hours of making out and steady groping, including nudity... with no real sexual acts taking place. What it came down to was, apparently she didn't shave anything so she felt insecure and that was because she "didn't know" we might hook up. I personally don't like much hair down there at all, but since I was already there I said fuck it and wasn't gonna complain. Because it had been 2 fucking hours of teasing, I ended up not being able to get a boner and nothing ended up happening. What else could you possibly be thinking that you're getting into with a guy you've never met before coming over at 11 pm that you met through a dating app? She wasn't the last girl that a situation like that occurred.

The real reason I mentioned this, though, is because even though we didn't have sex, we had been NAKED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER, and she's basically curving me as we speak, even though she already gave me her number again. Keep in mind, this girl isn't even really that attractive. I'd honestly give her like a 6/10, based mostly on how pretty her face is, otherwise she's pretty average, not fat, but like definitely not just skinny or like "thick".

Ironically (or maybe not), every girl I've met in reality is way hotter than any girl I've met on Tinder. It's like what is supposed to be easier is harder, and has worse results than the other option. Maybe Tinder just isn't for me?

I totally agree. I'm way better at talking to girls in person than online.. but I thought I would give it it try. At this point, I'm beginning to think tinder is just a platform for girls to get attention. It's almost like getting matches for them is just Instagram "likes". They just want confirmation knowing they're attractive.

It's honestly embarrassing for both parties involved. At this point, I'm just gonna joke with it.

n0torious

« Reply #2380 on: August 01, 2017, 02:02:14 PM »

Your logic seems circular. If your standards drop when you're on Tinder of course you're going to be less enthused about the women. Online or IRL, you get what you give, although the situation is different. If you're projecting who you are then the compatible people you encounter will recognize it.

But, yeah, online dating isn't for everybody.

Pigeon

« Reply #2381 on: August 01, 2017, 02:14:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Your logic seems circular. If your standards drop when you're on Tinder of course you're going to be less enthused about the women. Online or IRL, you get what you give, although the situation is different. If you're projecting who you are then the compatible people you encounter will recognize it.

But, yeah, online dating isn't for everybody.
It's probably because people take a shitload of selfies, before picking the ones which make them look more attractive than they really are.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2382 on: August 01, 2017, 02:19:55 PM »
You guys came out with really good points and explanations.
I just finished uni and since it was a scientific degree there were only dudes (lots of creepy nerds that don't even talk) so when I actually tried to approach girls in real life I felt sooo socially awkward.
So I just use this as a 'gym' to build social skills and learn how to approach real girls in real life.
I also haven't had any sexual interactions in years so I really don't mind if the girl is not that attractive, I just feel like I need to get this weight off my chest (well, actually more south than that).
This and stopping studying 24/7 boosted my confidence so now I fuck around with real girls a lot more and make them laugh. They don't go all 'ewww' anymore. I still think they think I'm gay sometimes but whatever.
I always tell them I'm sound and not a douchebag because that's what they deal with on the app and they appreciate that.. after that it's all downhill.
I still need to work a bit more on my pics because it feels so stupid taking selfies and shit.
The thing I hate is that sometimes they feel all princess, or also do not reply.. I mean it's a hook-up app so if I match you and start texting I think you're interested as well.. if not just say to me 'go away you dork' so I don't have to double message you days after.. but now I just move on and don't waste anymore time.

Edit: also I might not be sir Darwin's favorite for saying this but the times I made love with girls one of the best parts was approaching them and building the momentum together.. I cannot find the word in english (flirting maybe?) but that's what turns me on. That doesn't happen on tinder so yeah I might still meet my wife there ala Ryan Reyes but I just keep expectations low and go with the flow.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:30:11 PM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #2383 on: August 01, 2017, 02:49:22 PM »
I don't have to double message you days after.. but now I just move on and don't waste anymore time.
Man if there's one thing I hate about being single it's this bullshit haha god there's so many insecure ass girls that do that delayed messaging or texting, like you can't double text someone or reply too fast because ??????

n0torious

« Reply #2384 on: August 01, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
It's probably because people take a shitload of selfies, before picking the ones which make them look more attractive than they really are.

You can tell when pictures are misleading. It's obvious.

This and stopping studying 24/7 boosted my confidence so now I fuck around with real girls a lot more and make them laugh. They don't go all 'ewww' anymore. I still think they think I'm gay sometimes but whatever.

I always tell them I'm sound and not a douchebag because that's what they deal with on the app and they appreciate that.. after that it's all downhill.

There's no point in telling a woman you're not a psycho. Bringing that up is awkward. Your intentions are good, but doing that will make most people defensive.

Just be reasonable. Ask questions and think about what she says. Make her laugh and don't treat her like a porcelain object - relax. If the physical attraction and mental communication is right, it'll happen. If it's not, don't be a jerk. Then you'll have a friend who knows other ladies and can testify you're not a psycho. Problem solved.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #2385 on: August 01, 2017, 04:34:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

POF when i was on there was probably the worst dating app, way easier to get catfished on that instead of like bumble or tinder. Maybe try Okcupid too but that app makes you fill all these stupid questions and all you have to do on tinder/bumble is post a couple of pictures and write a bio.

Pictures- use animals or babies. Don't do lame ass mirror selfies, you could maybe get away with that if you're fucking ripped but even then girls will probably think you're a douche/fuck boy.

Bio- If you're tall put your height, anything 6 foot or above you will probably get a girl just to swipe right for you just for that. If you aren't tall be funny, if you aren't funny at least learn corny jokes. Or you can be a rebel and put nothing in your bio but thats fucking boring and lame.

thank you man. I'm tall so i guess that will help when i feel like dating again. i'm still not over my ex and i don't think it would be right to go date again until i've moved on. wish it happen already
even the steven

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2386 on: August 01, 2017, 04:37:50 PM »
I haven't been on bumble/tinder in a long time because im in a relationship. I changed my tinder profile to say check out my shitty memes on Instagram but never changed my bio on bumble because i haven't swiped right for anyone on there since I met my girlfriend. Well, I get a random match here and there and I tell them nicely that im in a relationship and im sorry we got matched up. Then I forget about the app again till it happens again in like another couple of weeks. Well whoever this girl is go fuck yourself

Like it must truly suck being this pathetic for a girl or guy when you get rejected

Don't be like this fellas

Pigeon

« Reply #2387 on: August 01, 2017, 05:37:43 PM »
^
It's honestly surprising that she kept messaging you back, but at the same time, she obviously doesn't take rejection well.

edit:
I know it's not a dating app, but I have 55 messages on this app called Roomster, and over 30 of them are from women. Most of them are attractive too, but I know there's some saying about not fucking your roommate. I could try just renting a bedroom once a month from different women, and just go for it at the end of the month, if they're into me...then again, I am pretty drunk, so it's probably a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:22:08 PM by Pigeon »

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #2388 on: August 02, 2017, 05:42:56 AM »
I get where you're coming from tobey, but you really could just delete the app and forgo having to explain yourself at all. It takes seconds. The drama's good for the thread and all, but your lady probably wouldn't be psyched if she found out you kept the app(s) on your phone.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:51:01 AM by saucy ragu »
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2389 on: August 02, 2017, 06:03:11 AM »
I get where you're coming from tobey, but you really could just delete the app and forgo having to explain yourself at all. It takes seconds. The drama's good for the thread and all, but your lady probably wouldn't be psyched if she found out you kept the app(s) on your phone.

She was with me when this happened and found it pretty funny. Anyway yeah I deleted it today when I woke up

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #2390 on: August 02, 2017, 07:46:59 AM »
Love this thread. I'm old so it's very interesting to read this stuff play out.

I'm happily married and, no joke, asking for a friend here. What is the typical age range for Tinder?

My buddy is 44 but looks younger. Is that way too old for Tinder or is there another app he should do?

He won't even check it out. I love hearing everyone's crazy stories here.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2391 on: August 02, 2017, 08:32:42 AM »
Love this thread. I'm old so it's very interesting to read this stuff play out.

I'm happily married and, no joke, asking for a friend here. What is the typical age range for Tinder?

My buddy is 44 but looks younger. Is that way too old for Tinder or is there another app he should do?

He won't even check it out. I love hearing everyone's crazy stories here.

Nah, my mom who's in her late 50's is on Tinder (as well as POF) and you have the ability to set your age range. I'd guess it's probably more beneficial for an older generation who maybe don't go to as many house parties or whatever. She show me the guys on her tinder, and they're insane. They're super aggressive and just talk shit on her if she politely declines their date.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2392 on: August 02, 2017, 11:50:55 AM »
30 mins into the date and I already want to kill myself. Bonus points because I found out on the spot she's actually under-age. At least I'm living up to my username I guess.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #2393 on: August 02, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »
you're live posting from
the date? if so: gnarred

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2394 on: August 02, 2017, 06:49:52 PM »
never really got into tinder before now, but school starts back in a couple weeks so i figure id give it a more serious go. never been in a relationship in my life so i guess I'm pretty new to all this stuff. I really kept to myself and a few good friends in high school and met some nice girls freshmen and sophomore years of college, but friend zoned myself pretty fuckin hard to the point where they probably thought i was gay. i read something online about being shy and getting blinders for one girl. i think that pretty much happened to me, and as i mentioned, i friend zoned myself with this one girl in my major who i really really was into. had a few extremely trashed hookups with random girls from bars but really nothing more. i guess my biggest thing is confidence, and assuming tinder can help with that? i have just always been shy around new people and never really new how to take a potential relationship farther or how to "make a move" on a girl. any straight up tips for any of this stuff?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2395 on: August 03, 2017, 05:56:57 AM »
you have to step out of your comfort zone and stop being so shy. im pretty shy and introverted too and any luck ive ever had with girls has been a result of me doing something that i was nervous to do. put yourself out there, start the conversation, ask for that date, make her know youre interested. if it doesnt work out with one girl, its not a big deal. there are millions of other girls out there.

n0torious

« Reply #2396 on: August 03, 2017, 07:27:02 AM »
you have to step out of your comfort zone and stop being so shy. im pretty shy and introverted too and any luck ive ever had with girls has been a result of me doing something that i was nervous to do. put yourself out there, start the conversation, ask for that date, make her know youre interested. if it doesnt work out with one girl, its not a big deal. there are millions of other girls out there.

That's the key - it can't be a big deal. If it's life or death it'll never go anywhere. Staying busy helps a lot - if you're doing your own thing, you're not dwelling or worrying. Plus you'll have things to talk about. Take each interaction - conversation, date, etc. - as an opportunity to learn about a person and yourself. If it's all positive, you can't lose.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2397 on: August 03, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's the key - it can't be a big deal. If it's life or death it'll never go anywhere. Staying busy helps a lot - if you're doing your own thing, you're not dwelling or worrying. Plus you'll have things to talk about. Take each interaction - conversation, date, etc. - as an opportunity to learn about a person and yourself. If it's all positive, you can't lose.

yea this summer i pretty much cut all contact with people from college. really got focused on my internship and skating and being with my friends from high school who skate to stay busy. i deleted snapchat at the beginning of the summer since it was super bad for me i think, as it gave me a false sense of hope (atleast in my mind). talk to girls on there and they seem to be into you but i guess its just like texting, they can be typing one thing and meaning something completely different. i figure getting rid of it would make me stop thinking about that girl i was really into, and it actually has. ive been just enjoying my own thing and not seeming like i have to impress her like i used to back at school.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #2398 on: August 03, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »
never really got into tinder before now, but school starts back in a couple weeks so i figure id give it a more serious go. never been in a relationship in my life so i guess I'm pretty new to all this stuff. I really kept to myself and a few good friends in high school and met some nice girls freshmen and sophomore years of college, but friend zoned myself pretty fuckin hard to the point where they probably thought i was gay. i read something online about being shy and getting blinders for one girl. i think that pretty much happened to me, and as i mentioned, i friend zoned myself with this one girl in my major who i really really was into. had a few extremely trashed hookups with random girls from bars but really nothing more. i guess my biggest thing is confidence, and assuming tinder can help with that? i have just always been shy around new people and never really new how to take a potential relationship farther or how to "make a move" on a girl. any straight up tips for any of this stuff?
From a standpoint of not being confrontational, yes, but because someone has to match you and can stop messaging you back at any second for whatever reason, no.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:06:29 AM by Joe Pesci »

n0torious

« Reply #2399 on: August 03, 2017, 09:47:09 AM »
From a standpoint of not being confrontational, yes, but because someone has to match you and can stop messaging you back at any second for whatever reason, no.

Whatever you do, wherever you go, there's always a risk of failure. It's no different than trying to pick up a girl at a bar and the conversation going nowhere. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Don't take it personally, shoot your shot, move on and shoot again.