Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 542299 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #1200 on: May 07, 2020, 09:23:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Finally I could put together my big boy setup.

Baker 9" Kader Popsicle, stated as 9x33 WB: 15 but my measurements gave me 8.75x33.125 WB: 15
Local brand griptape called Jigsaw, pretty decent and the graphic doesn't bother me at all.
Venture 6.1 Kader ones.
Bones STF 99 V4 54mm with big balls.
Tomorrow I'll try it, looking forward to try it.
[close]
i like this. It doesnt taper over the trucks to 8.75”? Straight 8.75” ? You like 15” wb? I’ve never tried but wanting to for some reason
[close]
I checked again and is straight 8.875.
Regarding wb tomorrow I'll be able to tell you, board is still virgin.
[close]
fat and fun
Tried it today, I hated it. Flip tricks are a bitch on 15" WB. If you take all flip tricks out of the equation so yes, this is a fun but heavy af board.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #1201 on: May 07, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Finally I could put together my big boy setup.

Baker 9" Kader Popsicle, stated as 9x33 WB: 15 but my measurements gave me 8.75x33.125 WB: 15
Local brand griptape called Jigsaw, pretty decent and the graphic doesn't bother me at all.
Venture 6.1 Kader ones.
Bones STF 99 V4 54mm with big balls.
Tomorrow I'll try it, looking forward to try it.
[close]
i like this. It doesnt taper over the trucks to 8.75”? Straight 8.75” ? You like 15” wb? I’ve never tried but wanting to for some reason
[close]
I checked again and is straight 8.875.
Regarding wb tomorrow I'll be able to tell you, board is still virgin.
[close]
fat and fun
[close]
Tried it today, I hated it. Flip tricks are a bitch on 15" WB. If you take all flip tricks out of the equation so yes, this is a fun but heavy af board.

Its crazy what a difference 1/4 - 1/2" makes on a wheelbase. And how much heavier the board feels. I really wanted to like my Lance Mountain Black Label with a 15". I can handle up to 14.75. But never again will I try anything bigger.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1202 on: May 07, 2020, 02:33:35 PM »
So true. I think I could flip a 10" board with a 14.25" WB easier than I could an 8.5" with a 15" WB.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1203 on: May 07, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »
So true. I think I could flip a 10" board with a 14.25" WB easier than I could an 8.5" with a 15" WB.
This, I could flip a 9.125 Polar Boserio board with relative ease but this one was a nightmare.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1204 on: May 07, 2020, 03:39:00 PM »
Finally snagged some 215s, now to decide what monster board to get

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #1205 on: May 07, 2020, 05:18:47 PM »

I nominate the Dogtown Big Foot II Rider Deck 11.875" X 30.75" with 15.5" wheelbase, mainly because I want to see how ridiculous it is (especially if you choose to put small wheels on it)

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1206 on: May 07, 2020, 05:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I nominate the Dogtown Big Foot II Rider Deck 11.875" X 30.75" with 15.5" wheelbase, mainly because I want to see how ridiculous it is (especially if you choose to put small wheels on it)

Been eyeing them off, and have some old 54mm soft Spitfire Classics i'm probably going to chuck on it but trying to figure out what wheels I actually wanna run on this sucker.

Also eyeing off the GGI Skates board I posted earlier, but that'll be like $220 Australian... 

And the AH Ol' Yeller that has been posted in here.

Decisions, decisions.

lysdexia

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1207 on: May 07, 2020, 05:33:16 PM »
king size curb crusher would be my current pick for a 10" + board

OCD have them for $129 AUD at the moment

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1208 on: May 07, 2020, 05:34:09 PM »

Where?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1210 on: May 07, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where?
[close]

https://www.wearedropouts.com.au/products/independent-stage-ii-polished?_pos=1&_sid=bb8ed1ced&_ss=r

One pair left. In Australia.

Darn was hoping US. Enjoy them!

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #1211 on: May 08, 2020, 02:50:39 AM »

My vote is for this

Skull Skates Barrier Kult 10 1/2 x 31
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1212 on: May 08, 2020, 04:17:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My vote is for this

Skull Skates Barrier Kult 10 1/2 x 31

Ooof, that's sick

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1213 on: May 08, 2020, 04:38:21 AM »

The new Black Label Lucero 10". It's perfect for 215s, BBS wood, and hell'a comfy to ride.

Just came out, still hard to find.

https://socalskateshop.com/Black-Label-John-Lucero-Racing-Stripe-Re-Issue-Skateboard-Deck-Blue-Stain-10x32875.html#!?cc_decks=106091&c=cc_grip-tape
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:11:53 PM by Uncle Poseur »

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1214 on: May 09, 2020, 11:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated this shape before? I've had my eye on it for a while but I don't want it to end up being yet another board I get sick of after a few weeks.

Black Label 10.25" x 31.5" with 14.5"-15" WB
[close]

Yes fucking SICK board
[close]

What did you like/dislike about it? I'm probably just gonna stick Ace 66 and Spitfire 58mm 99a Classics on it.

Also found a pic of the board from way back then

[close]

It’s a perfect mix of transition and street board, adjustable wheelbase is actually useful on this board rather than all the other huge ones

Kickflips feel great on it, lots of meat behind the front bolts and the tail is fanned but not too flat
[close]

Thanks, now I just need to find a shop that actually has it in stock. I'd get it from Black Label's site directly but shipping+tax is another $20 or so and it doesn't come with grip
[close]

Fuck it, just spend the extra $20 and buy it directly from Label. Last I heard, Lucero was running that shit out of his house and his best bud just died. Throw an OG a bone!
[close]

Did it, requested for extra accessories to help offset the extra costs. Hopefully he fulfills it.
[close]

I can’t figure out if I should hate you or hate hate you.
[close]

I mean it doesn't hurt to ask
[close]

Yeah man, post some pics of that shit here when you get it set up. Can't wait to see. I've already got a 10' Black Label, but I might need another!

Well here it is, and it's such a beast seeing it in person.

Thing is, I'm forcing myself to not set it up (or at least not put trucks on it) until my current board is through so I'm not stuck with a stack of used but good boards. I'm most certain that I'm going to ignore this principle after a week.

Also here's why it never hurts to ask politely for free stuff. It also came with a 9" sheet of Jessup (If you're reading this, thank you John!!)

Anyways, here's the deck measurements for anyone interested.

It actually measures just barely at 10.18" instead of 10.25" at its widest point (but I really doubt that's a big difference for a deck this size).

Length is 31.5".

Wheelbase is adjustable, 14.5" and 15".

Tail is 6.875" x 8.75".

Nose measured from the 14.5" WB is 6" x ~7.5".

Nose measured from the 15" WB is 5.5" x ~7.5".

The width across the middle of the back mounting holes is 8.875".

The width across the middle of the front mounting holes with the 14.5" WB is barely 9.75".

The width across the middle of the front mounting holes with the 15" WB is barely 9.5".
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:50:55 AM by yourbreakfsat »

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1215 on: May 09, 2020, 11:58:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated this shape before? I've had my eye on it for a while but I don't want it to end up being yet another board I get sick of after a few weeks.

[close]

Yes fucking SICK board
[close]

What did you like/dislike about it? I'm probably just gonna stick Ace 66 and Spitfire 58mm 99a Classics on it.

[close]

It’s a perfect mix of transition and street board, adjustable wheelbase is actually useful on this board rather than all the other huge ones

Kickflips feel great on it, lots of meat behind the front bolts and the tail is fanned but not too flat
[close]

Thanks, now I just need to find a shop that actually has it in stock. I'd get it from Black Label's site directly but shipping+tax is another $20 or so and it doesn't come with grip
[close]

Fuck it, just spend the extra $20 and buy it directly from Label. Last I heard, Lucero was running that shit out of his house and his best bud just died. Throw an OG a bone!
[close]

Did it, requested for extra accessories to help offset the extra costs. Hopefully he fulfills it.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah man, post some pics of that shit here when you get it set up. Can't wait to see. I've already got a 10' Black Label, but I might need another!
[close]

Thing is, I'm forcing myself to not set it up (or at least not put trucks on it) until my current board is through so I'm not stuck with a stack of used but good boards. I'm most certain that I'm going to ignore this principle after a week.

Also here's why it never hurts to ask politely for free stuff. It also came with a 9" sheet of Jessup (If you're reading this, thank you John!!)

It actually measures just barely at 10.18" instead of 10.25" at its widest point (but I really doubt that's a big difference for a deck this size).

Length is 31.5".

Tail is 6.875" x 8.75".

The width across the middle of the front mounting holes with the 14.5" WB is barely 9.75".

The width across the middle of the front mounting holes with the 15" WB is barely 9.5".

Dude, that's so fucking cool. Lucero is one of that last truly good dudes out there. Did he sign that poster for you or is that a print? Either way, makes me want to order that 10" I posted above direct from him, just for respect.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1216 on: May 09, 2020, 12:00:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes fucking SICK board
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Length is 31.5".

Tail is 6.875" x 8.75".

[close]

Dude, that's so fucking cool. Lucero is one of that last truly good dudes out there. Did he sign that poster for you or is that a print? Either way, makes me want to order that 10" I posted above direct from him, just for respect.

He signed it! I was really surprised with all that came in the box as I was just expecting the deck and several stickers.

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1217 on: May 09, 2020, 05:16:09 PM »
Got this one shortly before the quarantine and have been relentlessly bashing it against (and sometimes up and onto?) a nearby curb.

Krooked Dan Drehobl  9.25 x 31.85
Ace 55
Spitfire OG 58mm
Bronson G3

Wheelbite is definitely happening on occasion, but it's mostly ok. These wheels should wear down any day now...

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1218 on: May 09, 2020, 06:48:56 PM »
Got this one shortly before the quarantine and have been relentlessly bashing it against (and sometimes up and onto?) a nearby curb.

Ace 55
Spitfire OG 58mm
Bronson G3

Wheelbite is definitely happening on occasion, but it's mostly ok. These wheels should wear down any day now...
nice love that, how're the aces with the 14.75" wb

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1219 on: May 09, 2020, 07:09:04 PM »

Ace 55
Spitfire OG 58mm
Bronson G3

I’ve been running this board as well but with the 14.25 wheelbase

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1220 on: May 09, 2020, 07:26:39 PM »
10.0 :o
i want to try one so bad but dont want new trucks
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

babywantsbluevelvet

« Reply #1221 on: May 09, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »
Expand Quote

Ace 55
Spitfire OG 58mm
Bronson G3

[close]
nice love that, how're the aces with the 14.75" wb

To be totally honest, I haven't studied up on wheel base and truck dimensions too much. It did feel really stable on the pre-quarantine transition I had a chance to skate, but it's also really surfy just cruising around and turning into curbs. Might just be the overall Ace effect?

The only semi weak point of this thing is the pop. My ollies are a bit sluggish and nollies are ghosty. On my other setup (an 8.75 Polar popsicle with 6.1 Hi Ventures), my ollies and nollies feel way snappier and more consistent.

Expand Quote

Ace 55
Spitfire OG 58mm
Bronson G3

[close]

I’ve been running this board as well but with the 14.25 wheelbase

That might be the way to go. Nollies are pretty much not happening for me using the longer wheelbase holes. I mean they didn't happen all that much for me to begin with, but it's a noticeable miss. Like an airballing it in 8th grade PE class miss.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal

Good and Evil

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1223 on: May 10, 2020, 09:24:13 AM »
Hi, first post here. I got this set up w/ my stimulus check. It's a bit more of a cruiser board now but I have some other wheels I could put on it if I really wanna try and "skate" it.

Polar 1992 Shape
Ace 55s
Powell Peralta G-Slides 59mm
Bronson G2 (these things are garbage)
1/8" risers
Vision Rails

babywantsbluevelvet

« Reply #1224 on: May 10, 2020, 09:34:18 AM »
Hi, first post here. I got this set up w/ my stimulus check. It's a bit more of a cruiser board now but I have some other wheels I could put on it if I really wanna try and "skate" it.

Polar 1992 Shape
Ace 55s
1/8" risers
Vision Rails

Excellent. Is that clear grip tape over the art on top?

Good and Evil

« Reply #1225 on: May 10, 2020, 09:41:04 AM »
Expand Quote

Polar 1992 Shape
Ace 55s
1/8" risers
Vision Rails

[close]

Excellent. Is that clear grip tape over the art on top?

Yep, think it came out well.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1226 on: May 10, 2020, 12:05:43 PM »
im not sure what was possessing me to try that shape as a main setup. that top view is screaming at me that it wouldnt work
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

animalflesh

« Reply #1227 on: May 10, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »
That is a lot of nose and a lot of tail...

Overall setup looks cool i like the whole blue red thing

I don’t care for G-Slides personally

Good and Evil

« Reply #1228 on: May 10, 2020, 05:08:41 PM »
That is a lot of nose and a lot of tail...

Overall setup looks cool i like the whole blue red thing

I don’t care for G-Slides personally

Yeah, I'm not loving them but they do haul ass and smooth out the ride. I've never really skated any soft wheels before so I'm not sure if I just don't like soft wheels... I have some 56mm F4 conical fulls that I'll probably try out at some point, but probably not until my main set up is worn out. I'll keep cruisin

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1229 on: May 10, 2020, 05:19:59 PM »
those spits will surprise you if you ever go out to cruise on em

the 99a 53mm conical fulls have convinced me to avoid buying softies for a long time. would rather just get a bigger size conical full(56+), roll over everything, and not have to worry about having too much grip for slides. those wheels are fast as hell