Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 542397 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #1440 on: May 30, 2020, 09:28:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The bulk of this is on the Phawt/ Cardiel shape... I keep coming back to this to see what's possible on a 9"+ board... Everything he does looks so good compared to  on an 8.25" or whatever he rode before....

[close]
He kills that. Didn’t realize that deck is 9.1” and Length: 32.625". Wheelbase: 14.25". He makes it look way shorter.
[close]
i thought that shape had a 14.75 wb
[close]

Because it does
[close]
oh cool. Couldn’t find listings of it online search when I did quick only zumiez haha. How tall is CK?

Good question, I don’t think he’s really tall, maybe 5’10”? Maybe?

It’s a really fun shape. Had 2, huffer, passed them both along eventually. Didn’t feel like i could break it, or at least not easily. I had 151 hollow lights when it was set up the best. Also tried it with 169s, 159s. Treflips were a bitch, for me, everything else was great. And dumb fun to just push around on.

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1441 on: May 30, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The bulk of this is on the Phawt/ Cardiel shape... I keep coming back to this to see what's possible on a 9"+ board... Everything he does looks so good compared to  on an 8.25" or whatever he rode before....

[close]
He kills that. Didn’t realize that deck is 9.1” and Length: 32.625". Wheelbase: 14.25". He makes it look way shorter.
[close]
i thought that shape had a 14.75 wb
[close]

Because it does
[close]
oh cool. Couldn’t find listings of it online search when I did quick only zumiez haha. How tall is CK?
[close]

Good question, I don’t think he’s really tall, maybe 5’10”? Maybe?

It’s a really fun shape. Had 2, huffer, passed them both along eventually. Didn’t feel like i could break it, or at least not easily. I had 151 hollow lights when it was set up the best. Also tried it with 169s, 159s. Treflips were a bitch, for me, everything else was great. And dumb fun to just push around on.

My guess about CK from seeing a couple of friends take photos with him and his footage: 5'9" - 6"1 window but closer to 5'10" or 5'11" with a 10 or 10.5 shoe size. There's still some room toe/heel side on the Phawt shape in his footage but it's all nerdy speculation on my end  ???
Anyways, I hope CK1 is doing alright :/ I think he gets out of jail next year but not sure.
Super Champion Fun Zone

animalflesh

« Reply #1442 on: May 30, 2020, 02:04:53 PM »
Madness 9.75
Ace 55
Hosoi 58mm

Vision 10.0 (14.25 wb)
Ace 66
Spit classic 55

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1443 on: May 30, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »
Madness 9.75
Ace 55
Hosoi 58mm

Vision 10.0 (14.25 wb)
Ace 66
Spit classic 55

You can slap together some nice skateboards sir.

animalflesh

« Reply #1444 on: May 30, 2020, 05:03:29 PM »
Thanks man

Put some dreaded black wheels on this one after some thought

Slime balls skull crushers 58mm 97a

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1445 on: May 30, 2020, 05:34:24 PM »
Thanks man

Put some dreaded black wheels on this one after some thought

Slime balls skull crushers 58mm 97a
Those look sick, great wheels too. I loved the 54mm I had

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1446 on: May 30, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »
So sick Thom. Love your set ups. . What terrain are you riding mostly : for each board specifically?
These madness got me very curious

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1447 on: May 30, 2020, 07:06:18 PM »
Variety the spice and all that, but Jesus the bottom of the vision and the top of the madness are anxiety inducing, to me, a person that doesn’t matter in the equation.
My first impression of madness boards was that they were put together as a company so that dwindle could take advantage of the trends. I haven’t really given them a chance, but they have seem to have some functional looking shapes for sure

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1448 on: May 30, 2020, 07:18:53 PM »
Variety the spice and all that, but Jesus the bottom of the vision and the top of the madness are anxiety inducing, to me, a person that doesn’t matter in the equation.
My first impression of madness boards was that they were put together as a company so that dwindle could take advantage of the trends. I haven’t really given them a chance, but they have seem to have some functional looking shapes for sure

They’re noticeably strong boards. I landed a kickflip mostly at the nose in an attempt and it felt solid/stiff when I landed. Definitely worth trying out.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #1449 on: May 30, 2020, 07:56:02 PM »
Nice setups, thom, as always!

I am still skating a 8.75 madness every once in a while. Set it up around November and even though I don’t skate it too often it still feels very fresh, definitely worth it.

PMA

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #1450 on: May 30, 2020, 09:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They’re noticeably strong boards. I landed a kickflip mostly at the nose in an attempt and it felt solid/stiff when I landed. Definitely worth trying out.

Adding on to this, I have a Zero board from dwindle era and it feels really sturdy. I’ve landed really messed up and it’s holding up really well.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1451 on: May 31, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Adding on to this, I have a Zero board from dwindle era and it feels really sturdy. I’ve landed really messed up and it’s holding up really well.

I love how DSM boards feel...cripsy, stiff, steep....takes some getting used to but once you do, everything feels soft afterwards.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #1452 on: May 31, 2020, 11:31:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I love how DSM boards feel...cripsy, stiff, steep....takes some getting used to but once you do, everything feels soft afterwards.

Really? Doesn’t South Central have stuffer boards?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1453 on: May 31, 2020, 11:43:00 AM »
9 x 32 Madness with 14.25 WB
Indy 169 with 88a red bushings
55 F4 Tablets
Swiss
Mob

Im really loving this board! might stick to this shape for a bit.

Is that your daily driver? I hate how good 169s look.
I went and looked at their catalogue: Lots of interesting stuff. Good mix of whimsical and well thought offerings as far as decks go. I liked that there were some relatively short/fat boards, and some long/skinnier stuff as well. And that speyer board is hot fr.
Anyways, looks like some fun potential

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #1454 on: May 31, 2020, 02:02:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got the natas satan reissue and it’s by far the softest feeling board I own. I rarely skate it
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #1455 on: May 31, 2020, 06:25:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I got the natas satan reissue and it’s by far the softest feeling board I own. I rarely skate it

the Natas might be Prime wood?

animalflesh

« Reply #1456 on: May 31, 2020, 08:15:54 PM »
Seventyfrigginseven: I love the feel of 97a lately and I love the slide of the slimeball too

jay_nev: thank you dude,
the madness is kinda of my all terrain board so if I’m trying to Ollie over stuff or do any sort of street skating I’ll use that.
The vision is my curb and low impact board so mostly used for slappies and little curb combos surfy skating.
I also have a skull skates with 58mm conical wheels that I use for ditch skating and most transition stuff

Ok: yeah I like really offensively ugly or overdone stuff a lot of the time lol

jtrpma: thanks as usual man!

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #1457 on: June 01, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

South Central has the stiffest wood 4 sure

Last dwindle I skated was a palace in 2015. It felt good at first but turned flexy and I snapped the nose off in two weeks.

I don’t like madness boards. There’s like one too many gimmicks on each one

Shayznig

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1458 on: June 01, 2020, 02:15:49 PM »
Creature Kimbel 9.0, ace 55's, 56mm OJ SlimeBalls 99a

Heroin Curb Crusher XL 10.25, ace 66's, 56mm Ricta Clouds 92a 😍

SC Winkowski 10.34, ace 55's, ace 55's, 56mm Powerflex Rock Candy 84b

Natas 10.5, ace 55's, 56mm Powell G slides, 85a

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1459 on: June 01, 2020, 03:06:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
South Central has the stiffest wood 4 sure

Last dwindle I skated was a palace in 2015. It felt good at first but turned flexy and I snapped the nose off in two weeks.

I don’t like madness boards. There’s like one too many gimmicks on each one

Never had an issue with DSM boards, they're always crispy (especially the Resin-7s) and have skated multiple in the past few months.

SC is stiff for sure but also heavier and thicker than just about any other shop.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1460 on: June 01, 2020, 04:56:40 PM »

whats your opinion on the ace 55?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1461 on: June 01, 2020, 05:08:59 PM »
I rode a Blind Mariano Fucked Up Blind Kid reissue and it was an amazing board. Great wood, heaps of pop, great shape too. Gonz Skull and Banana reissue was great too. I know Blind is a dirty word in 2020 but nothing but good vibes on those boards.

Shayznig

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1462 on: June 02, 2020, 04:32:31 AM »
I like the ace 55's, I ride bones medium bushings in all mine. I just like the looser feel, I put some 66's on the curb crusher cause its so wide throughout, and am really enjoying them, more relaxed.

Expand Quote

[close]
whats your opinion on the ace 55?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1463 on: June 02, 2020, 06:30:13 AM »

I just bought an Anti Hero Old Yeller to pop on my 215s and I’m trying to figure out what wheels to put on it.

Anyone ridden the Slime Ball Mini Vomits? How does 97a feel? They fast still? I loved slime balls as a kid, remember they slid super well but heck, that was a long time ago. Thinking about these or some Spitfire F4 56mm Conical Fulls or maybe some Ricta Clouds

Still wanna slappy curbs and ride it kinda normally, not just as a cruiser.

animalflesh

« Reply #1464 on: June 02, 2020, 08:12:03 AM »

I just bought an Anti Hero Old Yeller to pop on my 215s and I’m trying to figure out what wheels to put on it.

Anyone ridden the Slime Ball Mini Vomits? How does 97a feel? They fast still? I loved slime balls as a kid, remember they slid super well but heck, that was a long time ago. Thinking about these or some Spitfire F4 56mm Conical Fulls or maybe some Ricta Clouds

I was just talking about them a few posts up

Still fast. Still slide great

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #1465 on: June 02, 2020, 08:13:42 AM »
Slimeballs are decent. Remind me of the 60mm spit classics.
Perfect winter wheels.

I do like f4 conical fulls better for every day skating and the bigger sizes are nice and smooth.

PMA

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #1466 on: June 02, 2020, 08:16:00 AM »
i have 53mm yonnie cruz bones on my 9.3" chocolate board, was looking at slime balls yesterday but can't decide

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1467 on: June 02, 2020, 08:41:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was just talking about them a few posts up

Still fast. Still slide great

Thanks!  I reckon I’ll give em a run for old times sake.

doomhand

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1468 on: June 03, 2020, 09:45:04 AM »
Swapped wheels on my Ed T. New Deal Reissue - Indy 149's, 56mm Spitfire F4 99 Radials, Sparrow bearings, Mob grip:

Heroin 10.25" Curb Crusher XL Deck - Ace 66, 60mm Spitfire OG Classics (may size down to 58mm OJ's - not sure yet), Cowtown bearings, Mob/Jessup/Spitfire grip:

Haven't skated either yet with a 1mo old at home.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 09:47:10 AM by doomhand »

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #1469 on: June 03, 2020, 09:47:50 AM »
That spitfire grip is so nice... I wish I wasn’t too cheap/broke to spend more than the least on grip.

Congrats on your growing family!

PMA