Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 542395 times)

Jory4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 106
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #2730 on: January 06, 2021, 12:01:05 PM »

Xmas sale Dane 1
Ace 55
Slime balls 56 99

Rowley rapidweld

Kinda not stoked on the wheel deck color clash but too rare to see a polar on sale to pass up

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2731 on: January 06, 2021, 01:12:35 PM »
After seeing the Mutant setups I jumped on the bandwagon.  Stoked that I was able to find one.  According to Fos, no more will be released until the spring drop and it will come with another graphic.

Heroin Mutant 10"
Indy 215 w/ Riptide pivot cups
55mm OG Classic F4s
Swiss 6
Welcome Candy Bar

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #2732 on: January 06, 2021, 01:30:54 PM »

Xmas sale Dane 1
Ace 55
Slime balls 56 99

Rowley rapidweld

Kinda not stoked on the wheel deck color clash but too rare to see a polar on sale to pass up

So sick! Ive been looking for the dane 1 everywhere and no luck, it's cool you found one
Proverbs 27:17

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #2733 on: January 06, 2021, 02:10:52 PM »
Expand Quote

Xmas sale Dane 1
Ace 55
Slime balls 56 99

Rowley rapidweld

[close]

So sick! Ive been looking for the dane 1 everywhere and no luck, it's cool you found one

Check 35th ave

Surf The Earth

« Reply #2734 on: January 06, 2021, 02:19:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Xmas sale Dane 1
Ace 55
Slime balls 56 99

Rowley rapidweld

[close]

[close]

Check 35th ave

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately sold out as well. All good though! Lord willing I will have one soon.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #2735 on: January 06, 2021, 02:34:29 PM »
After seeing the Mutant setups I jumped on the bandwagon.  Stoked that I was able to find one.  According to Fos, no more will be released until the spring drop and it will come with another graphic.

Heroin Mutant 10"
Indy 215 w/ Riptide pivot cups
55mm OG Classic F4s
Swiss 6
Welcome Candy Bar

Damn this makes me wish I pulled the trigger. One day I’ll find a home for my 215s.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2736 on: January 06, 2021, 08:32:33 PM »
I love the polar 9 popsicle. Nice long tail(almost 7”)
Polar klez 9 x 32.5 14.5 wb
Thunder team 151 hollow w/supercush 94a green
Spitfire f4 og classic 99a 55mm
Olympia ceramic bearings
Bender 1” allen
Mob
Rad rails
Nike Sb Bruin/dunk/blazer

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2737 on: January 07, 2021, 05:51:22 AM »
I love the polar 9 popsicle. Nice long tail(almost 7”)
Polar klez 9 x 32.5 14.5 wb
Thunder team 151 hollow w/supercush 94a green
Spitfire f4 og classic 99a 55mm
Olympia ceramic bearings
Bender 1” allen
Mob
Rad rails
Nike Sb Bruin/dunk/blazer

sick! How was the adjustment with that deck and thunders? Compared to the 1991 shape? I have the same polar pop 9” shape on ace 55 and it takes me a bit to get used to the pop with em puling the wb in and the tail length. I use 1/8” risers, same wheels though. Looks like some consistent wheelbite. You recent set ups are very similar decks to what I have or want to set up

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2738 on: January 07, 2021, 06:46:30 AM »
I like the feel, helps it flip easier. I just prefer a lower truck like thunder/ace. Pop is more consistent.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #2739 on: January 07, 2021, 07:02:28 AM »
I like the feel, helps it flip easier. I just prefer a lower truck like thunder/ace. Pop is more consistent.

If I can figure out how to get my ace to pop like thunder I’ll be so hyped.

That klez board looks very rad

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2740 on: January 07, 2021, 07:10:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Xmas sale Dane 1
Ace 55
Slime balls 56 99

Rowley rapidweld

[close]

[close]

Check 35th ave
[close]

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately sold out as well. All good though! Lord willing I will have one soon.

I’m in the uk so lucky I guess. Hope you find one from the next drop.

Haven’t skated a Dane 1 for over a year but absolutely loved the first session today. It flips so well and skates way narrower than 9.75 in a good way. Perfect concave for me compared to the Tired I’ve just “reTired” which felt too steep.

First Dane 1 on aces (last one was on thunders) felt perfect and not squirelly at all. In love!

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2741 on: January 07, 2021, 07:23:54 AM »
I have asked this of others, but how do you guys like the 9" popsicles for flip tricks? I would have already tried one, but the width combined with a longer wb and overall length has me skeered, as I would be lost without my 3-flips and impossibles. I have some Thunder 161s and some 55s ready to go I just need a shove from you all..

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2742 on: January 07, 2021, 07:31:13 AM »
I just turned 47 and decided to do 47 tricks before work. Everything besides the nollie tre and bad fs flip were on this 9 popsicle.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJfPO3xF1mZ/?igshid=19ks938ibuofz

Dinglenuts

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2743 on: January 07, 2021, 07:38:10 AM »
I just turned 47 and decided to do 47 tricks before work. Everything besides the nollie tre and bad fs flip were on this 9 popsicle.
1- Thanks for the quick reply
2- That was 47 @47 was beyond impressive
3- That was the shove I needed, now I just need to find a 9 with similar measurements (any suggestions will be greatly appreciated)

144p

• SLAP Pal

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #2745 on: January 07, 2021, 08:00:40 AM »

damn!!! that wallride was sick

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2746 on: January 07, 2021, 08:02:34 AM »
ThAnks! My garage is tight quarters but keeps me skating year round weather or quarantine regardless.

Dinglenuts

« Reply #2747 on: January 07, 2021, 08:03:01 AM »
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/Heroin.htm
Thanks man, if you still have that Heroin tomorrow (payday) it's coming to Maine! Much appreciated

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2748 on: January 07, 2021, 08:03:53 AM »
Polars on this page - Dane with 55’s and 9” polar with thunders (both decks I own) + Indy mid video w smaller wheels and quicker  pop got me reconsidering everything i know about my set ups as we sit here mid-winter

Dinglenuts

« Reply #2749 on: January 07, 2021, 08:07:22 AM »
Polars on this page - Dane with 55’s and 9” polar with thunders (both decks I own) got me reconsidering everything i know about my set ups as we sit here mid-winter
Ive had a Dane with 55s and it was awesome. I am looking to take a break from shaped decks and my little mini decks I skate..Sounds like a 9" pop will fit the bill

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #2750 on: January 07, 2021, 08:22:44 AM »

Happy b-day and nice edit! I wanna ditch work and go skate now haha

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2751 on: January 07, 2021, 10:41:30 AM »
Polars on this page - Dane with 55’s and 9” polar with thunders (both decks I own) + Indy mid video w smaller wheels and quicker  pop got me reconsidering everything i know about my set ups as we sit here mid-winter
That's what we're here for!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Surf The Earth

« Reply #2752 on: January 07, 2021, 10:53:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's what we're here for!

Just when you thought you were Dialed the Big Boards boys come through to make you reconsider

BMCsteve

« Reply #2753 on: January 08, 2021, 01:28:45 PM »
interesting observation for anyone considering 215s - the kingpin is 1/4 longer than the standard or hollow Indys and they come with a taller top bushing. 

This is great for anyone that skates super loose but if you're like me and skate medium it was annoying to get them feeling right. 

I swapped the baseplates with some standards off a pair of 169s and it's all good now

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2754 on: January 08, 2021, 02:08:46 PM »
interesting observation for anyone considering 215s - the kingpin is 1/4 longer than the standard or hollow Indys and they come with a taller top bushing. 

This is great for anyone that skates super loose but if you're like me and skate medium it was annoying to get them feeling right. 

I swapped the baseplates with some standards off a pair of 169s and it's all good now
BRB bout to make some 215 lows with a forged baseplate
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2755 on: January 08, 2021, 03:11:14 PM »

what bushings did you use? So 215 stock were too loose I’m guessing, as they’d be for me, and crazy wheelbite?

BMCsteve

« Reply #2756 on: January 08, 2021, 03:28:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
what bushings did you use? So 215 stock were too loose I’m guessing, as they’d be for me, and crazy wheelbite?

I was using the stock bushings with the stock baseplates.  I tried to put Indy aftermarket bushings but the top bushing was so short you would need to have about 3 kingpin threads exposed just to prevent the Daewon rattle.

Now I’m using the regular baseplates with regular kingpins, aftermarket Indy bushings and the nut flush.  Feels like a good medium.

Before it was definitely too lose and too much wheelbite. 

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #2757 on: January 08, 2021, 07:01:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I was using the stock bushings with the stock baseplates.  I tried to put Indy aftermarket bushings but the top bushing was so short you would need to have about 3 kingpin threads exposed just to prevent the Daewon rattle.

Now I’m using the regular baseplates with regular kingpins, aftermarket Indy bushings and the nut flush.  Feels like a good medium.

Before it was definitely too lose and too much wheelbite.

That is quite interesting, but I guess when they remade the 215 to be more like the older stages, which all had such tall top and bottom bushings, they kept the bushings like that as well.

I haven't seen any stock since the change, as the guys that ride them all customise them right from go, but I know I have used an angle grinder on regular stage 11 kingpins once I got the bushings right, just to take the top three or four threads off, and that was on the 92 low head bushings, so there was way more thread than normal, but still nicely loose.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #2758 on: January 09, 2021, 02:30:12 PM »
Last 215s I had were the Gonz ones. Not sure if there have been any changes but they were tough to turn. I have a new set and threw on aftermarkets because the person that sold them to me, gave them to me for the cheap but were missing bushings.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #2759 on: January 09, 2021, 04:04:45 PM »
Last 215s I had were the Gonz ones. Not sure if there have been any changes but they were tough to turn. I have a new set and threw on aftermarkets because the person that sold them to me, gave them to me for the cheap but were missing bushings.

Yes they were the older ones, or the stage 11 ones, whereas the newer ones are based off the stage 4 or something - someone will probably correct me anyway.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.