Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 542244 times)

BMCsteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #3750 on: August 23, 2021, 06:32:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
215s w/ regular length kingpin baseplates and Bones hard bushings
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Heroin Curb Killer Very Big Egg
Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

The original Mutant looks so good. I had plenty of them, then they put the Dead Dave graphic on that shape, and eventhough I like Dead Dave a lot, the graphic isn't one of my favourites.
I wish they would reprint the original Mutant graphic in some different colors. Imagine a whole assorted set of colors for the mutant.

I'm with you there.  I love Dead Dave but that first graphic wasn't my favorite.  The new series by Funeral French is awesome though.  I just snagged one from 35th Ave (shoutout to 144p)

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3751 on: August 23, 2021, 07:16:56 AM »
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

These are awesome! Been eying that curb killer myself but you can’t find them anywhere in Europe yet.

How do the AF1 77s fit on it? Could you be kind and measure the width over the axles? :-* I have AF1 66s and classic 55s but would have no problem getting either classic 66s or AF1 77s for it.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3752 on: August 23, 2021, 08:41:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

These are awesome! Been eying that curb killer myself but you can’t find them anywhere in Europe yet.

How do the AF1 77s fit on it? Could you be kind and measure the width over the axles? :-* I have AF1 66s and classic 55s but would have no problem getting either classic 66s or AF1 77s for it.

So the 77's fit perfect.  The width is 9.6 over the front trucks and 9.5 over the rear trucks.  66s would definitely work as well but 77s give a perfect fit

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3753 on: August 23, 2021, 09:50:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

So the 77's fit perfect.  The width is 9.6 over the front trucks and 9.5 over the rear trucks.  66s would definitely work as well but 77s give a perfect fit

Nice! Thanks for the info. Now I just gotta find that board somewhere.  :)

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3754 on: August 24, 2021, 05:30:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://www.stixrideshop.com/copy-of-heroin-deck-craig-questions-video-city-95.html?id=68245703

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3755 on: August 24, 2021, 10:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://www.stixrideshop.com/copy-of-heroin-deck-craig-questions-video-city-95.html?id=68245703

Thanks. I’m in Finland though so preferably here or anywhere else in the EU so I won’t get murdered with shipping, taxes and customs.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3756 on: August 24, 2021, 10:53:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks. I’m in Finland though so preferably here or anywhere else in the EU so I won’t get murdered with shipping, taxes and customs.

Yeah, that one doesn’t even ship to Europe (except Sweden, oddly). Been trying to hunt one down myself to no avail. The second batch is selling out in the US now while the board has not been available online in the EU  at any point.

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #3757 on: August 25, 2021, 05:01:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, that one doesn’t even ship to Europe (except Sweden, oddly). Been trying to hunt one down myself to no avail. The second batch is selling out in the US now while the board has not been available online in the EU  at any point.
getting flashbacks of the OG Mutant. ironcily enough also in the photo. never seen one anywhere in mainland Europe, even when they released it 3 times in the US or something.
hoping to score the Curb Killer aswell. but so far seems we are out of luck for now. wasnt included in the forst batch of boards what ws shipped our way.
i'll make do with a Video City Dead Dave or Craig Questions first when/if they arrive in my country. and then gonna have to stay alert for a Curb Killer afterwards. would prefer it without wheel wells too, so hope we get those.

seems Mutant Eggs also only just hit europe? it that correct?

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #3758 on: August 25, 2021, 11:09:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They probably don't have them yet, but Ponke's in Helsinki carries Heroin and it seems like they got the last batch of stuff earlier than most of europe.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3759 on: August 25, 2021, 12:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
They probably don't have them yet, but Ponke's in Helsinki carries Heroin and it seems like they got the last batch of stuff earlier than most of europe.

I got the mutant egg from there about a month ago. Last one they had. I also asked my local if they’d be willing to get me a curb killer and they said they’d be down but they don’t know if and when they could get them. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed that either of them will get one and they won’t sell out so fast I’ll miss it.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #3760 on: August 25, 2021, 12:30:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I got the mutant egg from there about a month ago. Last one they had. I also asked my local if they’d be willing to get me a curb killer and they said they’d be down but they don’t know if and when they could get them. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed that either of them will get one and they won’t sell out so fast I’ll miss it.
We got our eggs from the same place then, lol. To think that I breathed the same air as another registered slap user.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3761 on: August 25, 2021, 10:16:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Current setups

Heroin Mutant
54mm 99a F4 Classics

Ace AF1 77
Boardycakes 49.9mm 99.9a

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
We got our eggs from the same place then, lol. To think that I breathed the same air as another registered slap user.

Ha! ;D I actually ordered mine from the webshop and picked it up at their warehouse, so maybe not!  ;)

I’ve been to Ponke’s in Helsinki at least three times this summer even though I live nowhere close to Helsinki. So it could have happened :)

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3762 on: August 26, 2021, 11:42:21 PM »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3763 on: August 28, 2021, 09:35:37 PM »

For any UK people who were after Heroin eggs or big boards, I saw that Ripride Skateshop has just put some up:

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3764 on: August 29, 2021, 12:24:51 AM »
Has anyone skated the HLC made Flip decks. Just looking at the 9 inch double drilled Mountain deck. Looks amazing, even to hang tbf. I’ve not had an HLC deck before and read comments they were a bit stiff and heavy, although that was from some time ago.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3765 on: August 29, 2021, 07:55:23 AM »
They still hv some eggs..last night i already put the Curb Killer in the cart, but the shipping cost more than the board itself. sad..

https://www.flatspotlongboards.com/product-category/best-priced-top-quality-longboard-skateboard-decks-boards-buy-online-canada/heroin-skateboards-decks-boards/

disclosed

« Reply #3766 on: August 29, 2021, 08:01:03 AM »
the new Heroin decks arrived at my local and the Craig Questions i wanted sold within 5 minutes after they put in on their instagram. on my birthday to top it off.
now they should be getting another one for me. but i still feel uneasy about it.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3767 on: August 29, 2021, 08:07:18 AM »
They still hv some eggs..last night i already put the Curb Killer in the cart, but the shipping cost more than the board itself. sad..

https://www.flatspotlongboards.com/product-category/best-priced-top-quality-longboard-skateboard-decks-boards-buy-online-canada/heroin-skateboards-decks-boards/

Haha, same. Wrote with Fos on Insta and he asked Bakerboys about Euro deliveries. France is getting 15 Curb Killers, but that’s it for now. I think he is frustrated about international distribution, too.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3768 on: August 29, 2021, 08:24:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha, same. Wrote with Fos on Insta and he asked Bakerboys about Euro deliveries. France is getting 15 Curb Killers, but that’s it for now. I think he is frustrated about international distribution, too.

Yup. Even worst is not many online shop ship to my country in South East Asia. i got the symmetrical egg which sells for almost usd100 from a skateshop sumwer in another south east asia country. Even the Girl/Chocolate boards cost extra usd10 from the normal crailtap store. But the shipping cost is bearable..most of the time no tax will be charged.

disclosed

« Reply #3769 on: August 29, 2021, 09:52:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yup. Even worst is not many online shop ship to my country in South East Asia. i got the symmetrical egg which sells for almost usd100 from a skateshop sumwer in another south east asia country. Even the Girl/Chocolate boards cost extra usd10 from the normal crailtap store. But the shipping cost is bearable..most of the time no tax will be charged.

wait is there no shops in general where you're at? or just not the boards you want?
i see tons of people ride Scram in Thailand while here in Europe i can't even find them. whenever i do find a shop that carries them they're sold out. some of their shapes look fun.

back to Heroin in Europe, since last year i've kinda been curious about how the distribution works here and i actually expected there to just be like one big distributer for all of mainland europe. i was surprised to find out almost every country got their own distributor here.
while only 15 Curb Killers going to France doesnt sound like much, i'd be surprised if that many would even sell in my country. don't think big boards are that populair here in the Netherlands. and from what i understood the Netherlands might not even get any Curb killers at all. atleast not at my local.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #3770 on: August 30, 2021, 07:23:01 AM »
Gonna go ahead and crosspost this from the setup thread.

It’s extremely rare for me not to have a shaped deck, but money was tight and I needed a new rig so I did the unthinkable and bought a popsicle. Hence the writing.

9” No Comply shop deck on clutch wood (I know) 14.75” wb
Ace 55 classics
Spitfire lock ins 54mm 99a
Bones big balls
7/8th Allen bolts
Mob grip.

For the curious, it rides like a 9.25 egg, but it has a little bit more real estate over the trucks. It’s nice but I’m ready to get back to the way of the egg.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3771 on: August 30, 2021, 08:39:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

wait is there no shops in general where you're at? or just not the boards you want?
i see tons of people ride Scram in Thailand while here in Europe i can't even find them. whenever i do find a shop that carries them they're sold out. some of their shapes look fun.

back to Heroin in Europe, since last year i've kinda been curious about how the distribution works here and i actually expected there to just be like one big distributer for all of mainland europe. i was surprised to find out almost every country got their own distributor here.
while only 15 Curb Killers going to France doesnt sound like much, i'd be surprised if that many would even sell in my country. don't think big boards are that populair here in the Netherlands. and from what i understood the Netherlands might not even get any Curb killers at all. atleast not at my local.

Thailand has plenty of choice. In Malaysia, its the typical DSM (Darkstar/Enjoi/Almost) & Deluxe (Real/Krooked/Anti-Hero) products. Some Girl, Chocolate, Baker, Deathwish, Polar, April, Primitive, WKND, GX1000, Quasi & 917. But all are the standard popsicle 8.0-8.5 sizes. Heroin boards, I can only dream for it to be available here. As far as i know, only Southtown Skateshops hv shape decks in their orders but mostly from Polar. Mostly local skateshops sells local brands all in the popular 8.0-8.25 popsicle size.

In the small city i live in, there's no skateshop. Everything is purchase online or you take a 2hour flight to the other big major cities like Kuala Lumpur. All my eggball shape boards i got, was purchased from the Primitive website or Preduce Skateshop Thailand. Primitive used to hv a pretty reasonable shipping cost, but it seems to hv increased significantly. GoSports Singapore mostly sells standard popsicle shape. 

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #3772 on: August 30, 2021, 12:56:24 PM »
Put my Villani on ice for the time being, as I wanted to revisit this twin tail 10" barnyard shape, that I hated and only skated once. Cut it down to 9" Egg and reshaped. 8.75" at trucks, 6.75" N/T, 14.25" wb. Walt "Clyde" Frazier for good energy "stylin' and profilin' "  I just love the Egg shapes
149 Tensor Mag ATG (w/Krux Best Bushings)
58 Speed Labs (great wheel)
Bronson ceramics

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #3773 on: August 31, 2021, 09:29:50 PM »
I reckon this belongs in here too.  Heroin Zane 9"x32"

I hit a few parks in Portland with it and bombed a lot of hills, I'm super into it.  Wider is finer imo.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3774 on: September 01, 2021, 01:52:51 PM »

Another Loveseat
Ace 44 classics with 1/8" risers and 1/16" shock pads
Speedlab Slappy Hour 58mm 99a
Jessup, Reds, Shorty's 1&1/14" phillips (cry me a river, hardware snobs)

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #3775 on: September 01, 2021, 04:23:39 PM »

Another Loveseat

How are you liking the Speedlab wheels? Really liking the pair I have, pretty impressed actually.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3776 on: September 01, 2021, 04:40:17 PM »
Expand Quote

Another Loveseat
[close]

How are you liking the Speedlab wheels? Really liking the pair I have, pretty impressed actually.

Big fan so far. This is my first time skating something poured by Creative and they feel great on rough ground. Also, now that the tread is worn off the slide really well.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #3777 on: September 01, 2021, 09:27:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Another Loveseat
[close]

[close]

Big fan so far. This is my first time skating something poured by Creative and they feel great on rough ground. Also, now that the tread is worn off the slide really well.

Yeah, I noticed the same. Got chewed up a bit, now slide really nice. Was considering their 63 101a

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #3778 on: September 02, 2021, 02:07:18 PM »

Finally got around to riding this- I forgot how much fun slicks are...
Dressen everslick with some OJ key frame 58’s 87 A , I think.
Also forgot how much fun soft wheels are. This thing is a curb slapper supreme.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3779 on: September 02, 2021, 02:08:52 PM »

Finally got around to riding this- I forgot how much fun slicks are...
Dressen everslick with some OJ key frame 58’s 87 A , I think.
Also forgot home much fun soft wheels are. This thing is a curb slapper supreme.

Love that shape and love keyframes.