Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 542303 times)

Srt32srt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #3870 on: September 23, 2021, 10:54:40 AM »
    Originally the indy 169 had a 9.5 inch axle and the 159 had the 9 inch.  Now the 169s indy produces are only 9 inches wide.  215's are fuckin useless so if you want a wide truck the biggest is the 9 which is wack for a full sized 10 inch board.  ACE 66's are 9.5 but they bend.  Indy if you're out there make a real 169 thank you.

ace 66s are 9.3" axle and indy 169s are 9.125" closer to 9.25" than 9" and i agree the Indy 215s are useless because you have to have a board that is bigger than 10" if you dont want any axle poke.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3871 on: September 23, 2021, 12:09:37 PM »
Rewatched too many Love Letters and 80s skate videos and decided to go back to small nose big tail with 169s. Turning my big nose small tail board into a cruiser.

Left:
- Zmorgf Spade 9.5" x 32.5" with 14 - 14.5" adjustable wheelbase
- Thunder 161 Hollow Lights with Thunder 90a white aftermarket bushings
- Powell Peralta 56mm 85a G-Slides (caliper says they're actually 55mm)
- Bronson G3s with spacers
- Real Thunder Wooden Riser Pads 1/8"
- 1" hardware
- MOB

Right:
- Zmorgf Landboat II 9.6" with 14 - 14.5" adjustable wheelbase (Landboat shape that I scaled down a bit). I forgot the length
- USA Indy 169s with aftermarket Indy 92a conical blue bushings
- Powerflex 56mm 83b/55d Gumball wheels (Dual duormeter. Urethane is 83b while the core is 55d. Caliper says they're actually 55.5mm)
- Bones Swiss with spacers
- MOB
- 1" Diamond hardware

Haven't skated without rails in forever. These Powerflex wheels should be interesting to ride, although they are skinnier than I thought they'd be.

con_hielo

• Rep: 32
« Reply #3872 on: September 23, 2021, 04:28:34 PM »
That's gonna be tough, been a few months at least since scram dropped any of those and they sold real quick.

Yeah unfortunately I don’t think it’ll happen and if it did it would just be a random ebay reseller

Yeah I tried everywhere ahah. The only ones I've saw was on Slap! Took a chance that maybe someone would have one to sell here $_ $ Thanks still!

Expand Quote
Hi guys!

Anyone know where I could find this scram whale II board? Thx!

[close]

ive got this one in shrink but dont really want to sell it unless it goes for a good price :(

Oh! No problem at all G, if I was you I would keep it ahah ^-^/

animalflesh

« Reply #3873 on: September 23, 2021, 05:22:00 PM »
The new scram shapes are hot maybe grab one of those

con_hielo

« Reply #3874 on: September 23, 2021, 05:44:17 PM »

Yeah the new ones are really dope!! But minutes after Scram shared a insta story showing 35th Ave. and BlackMarketSkates having some, they were gone ahah. Gonna keep looking for those and ask my local(i'm from Canada) about the possibility/availability of those earth skiis.  ;)

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #3875 on: September 23, 2021, 08:02:35 PM »
35th will have more soon. Keep checking the website we are getting a few of each again.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #3876 on: September 23, 2021, 10:02:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah the new ones are really dope!! But minutes after Scram shared a insta story showing 35th Ave. and BlackMarketSkates having some, they were gone ahah. Gonna keep looking for those and ask my local(i'm from Canada) about the possibility/availability of those earth skiis.  ;)

Id look again. 35th has at least 1 new one, Black Market has a few new ones, No Comply has quite a few new ones, and Cal Skate has some as well. I’m pretty sure Goodtimes has some new ones as well by now but haven’t headed out that way recently. Any of those shops are good people to support.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3877 on: September 24, 2021, 03:39:03 AM »
In AU there are a few big ones that have made it out to some shops from the Aussie Distro.

I had a stand on and a short skate on this one the other day and it was nice and wide right through, no taper, good concave and a solid board to ride.

BTP2 being the name of it.

WIDTH   LENGTH   WHEELBASE
9.75"   32.8"   15.25"

Same as this one when I went looking for board info:

http://www.35thave.com/shop/c/p/Scram-BTP-2-975-x-33-x50046173.htm

con_hielo

« Reply #3878 on: September 24, 2021, 07:36:03 PM »
Thanks for all the links guys!! Appreciate it! They all look really good, but I'm gonna wait and see if they'll  maybe make the Whale II again (im obsessed with how good it looks and must feel). I've dm them a couple times but no answers ahah.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3879 on: September 25, 2021, 03:10:44 AM »
Thinking of picking this board up soon

width: 9.6"
length: 32.125"
wheelbase: 14.75"
nose: 6.5"
tail: 6.625"

Anyone skated it before? How is it?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #3880 on: September 25, 2021, 03:53:17 AM »

I didn't know some Frog boards are on PS Stix - the popsicles are all BBS / Generator that I had seen.

As far as the wood, PS Stix make decent boards, a bit more mellow than some woodshops, those dimensions look pretty good, like some other PS Stix cruiser / bigger board shapes I have from other companies, so I would say although I haven't seen or skated that one, they would be a "thumbs up" from me.

** I also copied your post and added it to the woodshop thread, as the top pic is good for reference.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=116070.0

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3881 on: September 25, 2021, 03:58:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I didn't know some Frog boards are on PS Stix - the popsicles are all BBS / Generator that I had seen.

As far as the wood, PS Stix make decent boards, a bit more mellow than some woodshops, those dimensions look pretty good, like some other PS Stix cruiser / bigger board shapes I have from other companies, so I would say although I haven't seen or skated that one, they would be a "thumbs up" from me.

** I also copied your post and added it to the woodshop thread, as the top pic is good for reference.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=116070.0

Dope, figured the long wheelbase would work nicely with my new Ace AF1 66s. Have been skating the 66s on my Dane1 (14.125wb) and it was way too short, feels very unstable even though its 9.75.

animalflesh

« Reply #3882 on: September 25, 2021, 06:00:17 AM »
My homie had one, skated great the nose felt a little short though

Kinda feels like an 80s shape in a way which is cool

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #3883 on: September 25, 2021, 07:07:20 AM »
Setting up a new curb/cruiser combo board and picked this up. 9” with a great shape and concave. Stoked to throw some rails on it and get to slappin on my way to the store.

host images online free

foureyedjim

« Reply #3884 on: September 25, 2021, 11:37:21 AM »
A little while ago when I got my 10" scram, there were way more shaped decks available.  Looks like they got more popular because its mostly popsicles now. 

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #3885 on: September 25, 2021, 03:45:30 PM »
Crosspost from the set up thread

My spooktacular fall set up, courtesy of Thom. So gassed to skate this, it’s essentially an egg.

Heroin DMODW Raven - 9.25” with 15” wb
Black Ace 55 classics
7/8” Allen hardware
Spitfire f4 52mm tablets
Bones big balls
Jessup
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

con_hielo

« Reply #3886 on: September 25, 2021, 05:46:22 PM »

Didnt skate it, but that shape is looking real good! 14.75" wb is both agile and comfy with Aces in my experience!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 02:58:41 PM by con_hielo »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1402
« Reply #3887 on: September 25, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »
@shpongle just hooked it up with the anti-hero old yeller deck. 9.9", 16wb!!!!!!

I've got a set of satori softies on the way from a Craigslist person tmrw but what sorta trucks should I throw on???

I've got a new set 159s, venture 5.6, and ACE 33s. Not thinking any of em will feel right.

Never had a dedicated cruiser. Closet thing I'd ever had was a REAL Aces series shovel head with 159s and 56mm F4s that doubled as a pool and street board.

Help me, please  :o ??? ::)

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #3888 on: September 25, 2021, 09:39:31 PM »
@shpongle just hooked it up with the anti-hero old yeller deck. 9.9", 16wb!!!!!!

I've got a set of satori softies on the way from a Craigslist person tmrw but what sorta trucks should I throw on???

I've got a new set 159s, venture 5.6, and ACE 33s. Not thinking any of em will feel right.

Never had a dedicated cruiser. Closet thing I'd ever had was a REAL Aces series shovel head with 159s and 56mm F4s that doubled as a pool and street board.

If I recall correctly, the Ol' Yeller is 9.75" over the front trucks and 9.5" over the back.

I would think the 159s would work if getting a new set of trucks isn’t in the cards for ya right now.

Personally, I’d say grab a set of 66 classics, 77 af1’s, or 215’s.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #3889 on: September 25, 2021, 11:08:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If I recall correctly, the Ol' Yeller is 9.75" over the front trucks and 9.5" over the back.

I would think the 159s would work if getting a new set of trucks isn’t in the cards for ya right now.

One more vote for 66 classics. If you’re gonna go all out and cruise, then go all out and get the best turn.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3890 on: September 26, 2021, 05:54:00 AM »
Setting up a new curb/cruiser combo board and picked this up. 9” with a great shape and concave. Stoked to throw some rails on it and get to slappin on my way to the store.

host images online free
I’ve also got one of these on ice and I actually think it’s one of the best graphic series craig has ever done!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #3891 on: September 26, 2021, 02:07:13 PM »

much love brotha. go with some ace classic 66s or af1 77s ;)

Fhk

« Reply #3892 on: September 26, 2021, 02:17:59 PM »
I'm looking for some feedback on the ND Siamese or maybe the 9.8 Gonz sweatpants. They would be used for regular skating, flip tricks..curbs ledges extra. And run em with 6.1 Ventures. Thanks yo.

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #3893 on: September 26, 2021, 02:37:39 PM »
I'm looking for some feedback on the ND Siamese or maybe the 9.8 Gonz sweatpants. They would be used for regular skating, flip tricks..curbs ledges extra. And run em with 6.1 Ventures. Thanks yo.
i liked the Siamese. but the nose was a bit short. did my noseslides on my tail cause that felt more comfortable. Sweatpants has a normal nose.

Fhk

« Reply #3894 on: September 26, 2021, 03:03:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i liked the Siamese. but the nose was a bit short. did my noseslides on my tail cause that felt more comfortable. Sweatpants has a normal nose.
Thanks man I wasn't sure on the length of the nose. That makes it a no go. The Gonz is looking good but something similar shaped but in the 9.5 range would be even better. Ideally I want something close to the 9.3 Dressen  everslick shape and size..but that's needle in a haystack type shit unfortunately.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #3895 on: September 26, 2021, 04:22:19 PM »

Sweatpants I have are maybe 9.3 over the front but 8.8 over the back, so that would work well on those trucks.  Also 14.38 wheelbase is about medium, not long or short, which makes it a fairly good all rounder too.

Fhk

« Reply #3896 on: September 26, 2021, 04:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sweatpants I have are maybe 9.3 over the front but 8.8 over the back, so that would work well on those trucks.  Also 14.38 wheelbase is about medium, not long or short, which makes it a fairly good all rounder too.
Awesome, How's the concave? I like it pretty medium/steep.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #3897 on: September 26, 2021, 05:20:53 PM »
Expand Quote

host images online free
[close]
I’ve also got one of these on ice and I actually think it’s one of the best graphic series craig has ever done!

Asked my buddy to keep a look out for me on this type of board never thinking a Craig shape or graphic would be what I was stoked on but here we are. Fully agree on being super stoked on it.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1402
« Reply #3898 on: September 26, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

One more vote for 66 classics. If you’re gonna go all out and cruise, then go all out and get the best turn.

I should've gone with that skate warehouse sale last week =( but some kid had some 215s on Craigslist for $15. got sold before I could arrive. so it goes. thanks for y'all input
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3899 on: September 26, 2021, 05:34:08 PM »

Sweatpants is a great versatile wide boy. I rode it with Indy 159s. But 151s or 6.1s would be nice also, I imagine.