Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 542326 times)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #5550 on: June 08, 2023, 02:52:13 PM »
I've missed wide shaped decks.

Black Label John Lucero Street Thing 9.88" x 32.25" with 14.5"- 15" adjustable wheelbase (set at 14.5")
Independent Stage 4 161
Spitfire F4 Radial Full 58mm 97a
Bones Super Reds Ceramics
MOB
1" hardware

This is the third time I've gotten this shape, and every time it's been different trucks and wheels. Hopefully this combo makes the board go!

WelcomeToHell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #5551 on: June 08, 2023, 02:59:31 PM »

Black Label John Lucero Street Thing 9.88" x 32.25" with 14.5"- 15" adjustable wheelbase (set at 14.5")
Independent Stage 4 161
MOB
1" hardware

This is the third time I've gotten this shape, and every time it's been different trucks and wheels. Hopefully this combo makes the board go!

Any chance you can measure width at the trucks? Been wanting to try this shape!

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5552 on: June 08, 2023, 03:11:45 PM »
Expand Quote

Independent Stage 4 161
MOB
1" hardware

[close]

Front truck: 9.625"

Back truck: 8.75"

In the past, I've used Thunder 161s and Indy 159s, and I found they both worked well. 8.75" trucks will have an easier turn at the cost of higher wheel bite chance, while the 9" trucks will be more stable and have less wheel bite chance.

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #5553 on: June 08, 2023, 03:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Independent Stage 4 161
MOB
1" hardware

[close]

[close]

Front truck: 9.625"

Back truck: 8.75"

In the past, I've used Thunder 161s and Indy 159s, and I found they both worked well. 8.75" trucks will have an easier turn at the cost of higher wheel bite chance, while the 9" trucks will be more stable and have less wheel bite chance.

Thanks! I have a spare set of 159s lying around so maybe I’ll give them a shot!

djoekr

• Rep: 300
« Reply #5554 on: June 14, 2023, 07:26:33 AM »

This is gonna be my first time skating the Sweatpants shape, so I'm very curious to see how it performs compared to the Heroin Mutants I've been skating lately. Seems like a toned down version of that shape, especially near the tail.

I've had the Zogger for a while, but I wanted to save it for when the weather got better. It's sunny outside right now so I'll use this setup to dick around in the local parking lot spot.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #5555 on: June 16, 2023, 04:49:10 AM »
So, I am still healing from an injury but should be able to cruise around in the near future. I have this warped shaped Blast deck but no fitting trucks and wheels for the purpose.

I am tempted to get some Aces but which size? The deck is 9.5" over the front truck and 8.5" over the back truck. Also, what wheels? I have been thinking about something around 60mm in 97 duro, Spits or some of those new Dragons or X Formula Bones?

Let me know your thoughts, pls!

Edit: I just ordered Ace 55s and 58mm 97 Spits. Can’t wait for Monday!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 06:54:21 AM by Easy Slider »
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5556 on: June 16, 2023, 08:48:25 PM »
Fos previewed some fire shit for the new heroin season today on IG

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #5557 on: June 17, 2023, 03:44:48 PM »

Seriously. I’m on the 9.5 Razor Egg and love it. Might sell off some popsicles in my stack to fund that Space Egg and Dressen Egg.

Daydream

« Reply #5558 on: June 17, 2023, 07:36:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seriously. I’m on the 9.5 Razor Egg and love it. Might sell off some popsicles in my stack to fund that Space Egg and Dressen Egg.
yeah! You still liking it with the 66 classics on it?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5559 on: June 17, 2023, 10:12:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah! You still liking it with the 66 classics on it?

It’s great. It’s a heavy beast though. Which kind of makes it a great curb board.

freidnly guy

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5560 on: June 18, 2023, 10:37:10 AM »
The live isn't up, can we get a quick run down?
Looks like another mutant(hoping for a good graphic I need a new one), like a 9.5 egg, and something

Daydream

« Reply #5561 on: June 18, 2023, 10:46:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The live isn't up, can we get a quick run down?
Looks like another mutant(hoping for a good graphic I need a new one), like a 9.5 egg, and something

more egg details have been posted in this thread
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=100279.2160

But mutant jr I think as well. Space egg 2 coming back

juniormint

• Rep: 140
« Reply #5563 on: June 19, 2023, 11:26:30 PM »
Was feeling a bit bored of my regular popsicle. Looking forward to trying this. Wanted to cop 161s but the 151s seem to fit well enough. Not sure how I’ll go with the symmetrical given trucks are quite broken in.

9.5 Heroin egg
151 thunders
56mm f4 S.L.A.G classic swirls
Blurs ceramics
Assorted grip scraps

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #5564 on: June 20, 2023, 05:17:34 AM »
Was feeling a bit bored of my regular popsicle. Looking forward to trying this. Wanted to cop 161s but the 151s seem to fit well enough. Not sure how I’ll go with the symmetrical given trucks are quite broken in.

9.5 Heroin egg
151 thunders
Blurs ceramics
Assorted grip scraps

🔥❤️🔥❤️🔥❤️

Daydream

« Reply #5565 on: June 20, 2023, 05:27:49 AM »
I neeeed one of those 9+ eggs

JJN

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5566 on: June 20, 2023, 06:05:18 AM »
thanks I missed that

Same here. Thanks

Anyone know the wheelbase of the Pink Mutant?

Love the DD shape mut sometimes I feel I could have a slightly longer WB (15") and toned down width. I have "only" size US 9 shoe, 9.5" deck would still be plenty enough. Pink Mutant looks pretty good...or maybe that Streetballer shape? (15" WB if I remember right?)  edit: both of those shapes would still go nice with Ace AF-77s, which I really like

darkthrone

• Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5567 on: June 20, 2023, 07:54:03 AM »
Hey, so I tried to repost that “Live” from the other day and it crashed sadly. I’ve picked up all the new boards from Baker Boys now, so I’m measuring em now and I’ll post soon. The pink mutant is 9.5 wide and double drilled so you can have a 14” or a 14.625” WB. The Dead Dave actually came back on a 9.75 mutant this time. Dressen’s egg is 9.75 symmetrical. Space Egg 2 is our 9.4 non symmetrical award winning egg shape.
Official release date for our catalog is July 13th. Baker Boys are starting to ship out to stores from tomorrow though, so I imagine they will be popping up early next week.

djoekr

« Reply #5568 on: June 20, 2023, 10:15:07 AM »
Hey, so I tried to repost that “Live” from the other day and it crashed sadly. I’ve picked up all the new boards from Baker Boys now, so I’m measuring em now and I’ll post soon. The pink mutant is 9.5 wide and double drilled so you can have a 14” or a 14.625” WB. The Dead Dave actually came back on a 9.75 mutant this time. Dressen’s egg is 9.75 symmetrical. Space Egg 2 is our 9.4 non symmetrical award winning egg shape.
Official release date for our catalog is July 13th. Baker Boys are starting to ship out to stores from tomorrow though, so I imagine they will be popping up early next week.

Wait, the Mutant is smaller this time? The 10.1 Mutant is my favorite shape I've skated so far, you guys changing the specs on it?
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

Daydream

« Reply #5569 on: June 20, 2023, 10:21:36 AM »
Yeah it’s a mutant jr or something I believe?

djoekr

« Reply #5570 on: June 20, 2023, 10:33:14 AM »
Yeah it’s a mutant jr or something I believe?

Nah, that's the pink version. I mean the Dead Dave Mutant, Fos said it measured out at 9.75 this drop so that'd mean that the shape is different this time.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

JJN

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5571 on: June 20, 2023, 12:59:13 PM »

Interesting! Thank you very much...9.75" mutant actually sounds quite nice

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5572 on: June 20, 2023, 01:03:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting! Thank you very much...9.75" mutant actually sounds quite nice

What’s the wheelbase of the Dressen Egg?

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #5573 on: June 20, 2023, 01:35:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait, the Mutant is smaller this time? The 10.1 Mutant is my favorite shape I've skated so far, you guys changing the specs on it?
kinda bummed on that. hope its back to a 10" the next drops. like the graphic on this one tho..

darkthrone

• Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5574 on: June 20, 2023, 03:27:17 PM »
'Twas a glitch, Dead Dave will be back to 10.1 next catalog. Also, all the previous Dead Dave models for the past couple of years are that 10.1 shape.
WB on the Dressen is 14.25.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
kinda bummed on that. hope its back to a 10" the next drops. like the graphic on this one tho..

djoekr

« Reply #5575 on: June 20, 2023, 03:35:22 PM »
'Twas a glitch, Dead Dave will be back to 10.1 next catalog. Also, all the previous Dead Dave models for the past couple of years are that 10.1 shape.
WB on the Dressen is 14.25.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Good to hear! I was contemplating panic buying them but in that case I guess I just have to wait 1 drop.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5576 on: June 20, 2023, 04:09:26 PM »

9.5 Heroin egg
151 thunders
Blurs ceramics
Assorted grip scraps

been contemplating this shape with 6.1s and radial fulls
looks like things will fit perfectly
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

juniormint

« Reply #5577 on: June 20, 2023, 05:35:34 PM »
Expand Quote

9.5 Heroin egg
151 thunders
Blurs ceramics
Assorted grip scraps

[close]
been contemplating this shape with 6.1s and radial fulls
looks like things will fit perfectly

Yep 8.75 trucks and wider wheels should be perfect, especially if you prefer a touch of magic carpet.

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #5578 on: June 21, 2023, 07:14:26 AM »

9.5 Heroin egg
151 thunders
Blurs ceramics
Assorted grip scraps

Sweet setup man.
Can i hassle you for a top pic?
It looks very popsicle from this perspective.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

juniormint

« Reply #5579 on: June 21, 2023, 06:43:04 PM »
Expand Quote

9.5 Heroin egg
151 thunders
Blurs ceramics
Assorted grip scraps

[close]

Sweet setup man.
Can i hassle you for a top pic?
It looks very popsicle from this perspective.

No worries