Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 542391 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #6000 on: February 16, 2024, 02:28:17 AM »
New Polar colection dropped in the USA. Are they discontinuing the Dane 1? Can't find it.
where do you see the new drop?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

ggboavida

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #6001 on: February 16, 2024, 03:20:34 AM »
The new Polar collection is on their usa website

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6002 on: February 16, 2024, 04:05:37 AM »
i would doubt it since their big shapes sell quickly
nothing new 9+ on the website
probably gotta wait a bit longer
but heres two danes below retail

https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/hardgoods-1/products/nick-boserio-group-healing?variant=33069149454379
https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/hardgoods-1/products/dane-brady-fish-bowl-wheel-well
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chaosisme

• Rep: 56
  • mankind is unkind man
« Reply #6003 on: February 16, 2024, 06:01:08 AM »

Just set this up to cruise around..and all that good stuff

Specs pls

And an obligatory request for a top view

Looks sick
mankind is unkind man

ggboavida

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6004 on: February 16, 2024, 06:09:32 AM »
i would doubt it since their big shapes sell quickly
nothing new 9+ on the website
probably gotta wait a bit longer
but heres two danes below retail

https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/hardgoods-1/products/nick-boserio-group-healing?variant=33069149454379
https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/hardgoods-1/products/dane-brady-fish-bowl-wheel-well

I bought the second one and it came in yellow. I don't mind. Posted it on this thread a few days ago

finecojeffe

• Rep: 129
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #6005 on: February 16, 2024, 06:10:21 AM »
just set this up. Got it from that samples site. 9.125"x short" with short nose and tail. Symmetrical shape really works well I think. I'm presently injured, but the little 15 minute session I had on it was enough to confirm it's fun. Bones x99, 54mm, and some oldish indy 159 (maybe 169 when they were sub 9"). I'm not really sure how to tell the age of these trucks. Lil jawns rails.

Gland Dongzig

• Rep: 50
« Reply #6006 on: February 16, 2024, 06:49:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Specs pls

Looks sick

here ya go sir..
Girl loveseat (the og short wb version)
Indy mids
spitfire 53 classic
Jessup (that apparently got crinkled into a ball and kicked around a shop before shipping)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6007 on: February 16, 2024, 03:27:11 PM »
just set this up. Got it from that samples site. 9.125"x short" with short nose and tail. Symmetrical shape really works well I think. I'm presently injured, but the little 15 minute session I had on it was enough to confirm it's fun. Bones x99, 54mm, and some oldish indy 159 (maybe 169 when they were sub 9"). I'm not really sure how to tell the age of these trucks. Lil jawns rails.

From skatesamples.com site?

GFB twin egg shape?

Looks good any which way.

Re Indy trucks, one pic of the baseplate, pivot cup end, on an angle showing the hanger and I can tell you exactly what they are.

Looking at the pic, most likely Stage 9 (which had single cross and two holes in the middle of the baseplate) or early Stage 10 (also single cross on a solid baseplate, no holes) both with what was at the time a more bulky looking 166 hanger.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 129
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #6008 on: February 16, 2024, 03:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From skatesamples.com site?

GFB twin egg shape?

Looks good any which way.

Re Indy trucks, one pic of the baseplate, pivot cup end, on an angle showing the hanger and I can tell you exactly what they are.

Looking at the pic, most likely Stage 9 (which had single cross and two holes in the middle of the baseplate) or early Stage 10 (also single cross on a solid baseplate, no holes) both with what was at the time a more bulky looking 166 hanger.

Yep the GFB egg shape. Skated it some more today and had a good session on it. I really dig not thinking about nose or tail. I think the trucks are stage 9 like you mentioned. Two holes in the baseplate. I can’t remember exactly when I bought them, might have been in like 2007. I swore they had 169’s listed at 8.75” back then. I guess I didn’t skate them much at all, and I don’t know why. Anyway I’m pretty sure I’m going to just toss the IKP baseplate on this and stick with that setup

chaosisme

• Rep: 56
  • mankind is unkind man
« Reply #6009 on: February 16, 2024, 04:57:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Specs pls

Looks sick
[close]

here ya go sir..
Indy mids
spitfire 53 classic
Jessup (that apparently got crinkled into a ball and kicked around a shop before shipping)

Much appreciated! Looks sooo nice, I’m really tempted by this shape, what’s the concave like?
mankind is unkind man

Gland Dongzig

« Reply #6010 on: February 17, 2024, 12:54:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Specs pls

Looks sick
[close]

here ya go sir..
Indy mids
spitfire 53 classic
[close]

Much appreciated! Looks sooo nice, I’m really tempted by this shape, what’s the concave like?
I am a really poor judge of that, but I would say steep kicks/medium concave. tbh anything you typically enjoy about a board goes out the window with the loveseat or couch shape..they are their own breed

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6011 on: February 17, 2024, 12:11:18 PM »
Just to clarify on the Dane1 wheelbase update; I don't think any 14.38wbs made it out to market yet and this is maybe why there aren't any in this latest drop. My guess is they are trying to sell through the old shape? The first and only one to drop after the update was announced was an Oski Dane1 that I saw on a bunch of sites listed as 14.38 but never saw one in person. Here's a clear pic from Tactics with a Polar label listing the old wheelbase:
https://www.tactics.com/a/eo5q/1b/polar-skate-co-rozenberg-west-harbor-975-dane-1-shape-skateboard-deck.webp

I don't think the actual shape ever got updated and the Polar site was probably updated too early as all the Dane1's that have been released are labeled 14.125. Every thing that is out there now is still the old shape.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6012 on: February 17, 2024, 02:08:14 PM »
Just to clarify on the Dane1 wheelbase update; I don't think any 14.38wbs made it out to market yet and this is maybe why there aren't any in this latest drop. My guess is they are trying to sell through the old shape? The first and only one to drop after the update was announced was an Oski Dane1 that I saw on a bunch of sites listed as 14.38 but never saw one in person. Here's a clear pic from Tactics with a Polar label listing the old wheelbase:
https://www.tactics.com/a/eo5q/1b/polar-skate-co-rozenberg-west-harbor-975-dane-1-shape-skateboard-deck.webp

I don't think the actual shape ever got updated and the Polar site was probably updated too early as all the Dane1's that have been released are labeled 14.125. Every thing that is out there now is still the old shape.

Caused a bit of a stir didn't it?

I think that board would benefit from a slightly longer wheelbase, but that is just me.  The two that I have are from people who tried them and wanted longer wheelbases, so go figure really.

One other guy I know drilled both ends out, but even on Ace trucks, it was still too short (as well as a really short tail).

* Just adding this here, as per Polar Thread post / conversation:

I have tall guy with short legs problems so it's pretty perfect for me. My one complaint would be that the nose is just long enough and could maybe even be slightly longer or fuller. So my thinking is with them extending out the wheelbase is that they take the quarter inch from the already short nose. At that point you might as well roll the dice and make the Dane2 and see if it catches on.

Yeah that is why a lot of people like it, cause it works for them.

Would the shape work better if it was longer in the nose?  I think so, but as you said, is it now a different shape, the Dane 2 more so than revising the original shape and still having the same name.

With Jr or Sr or whatever different names they have with some of the slightly different variations on the original shape, at least something else could work better, especially if it had something like a longer overall shape, longer nose, then double drilled at 14.1 and 14.4 or so.

Just a thought there, much like some of the Black Label boards at 14 or 14.5 or others like Grosso, although his is long or longer, in that regard.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 03:29:54 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #6013 on: February 17, 2024, 03:13:33 PM »
Crosspost from the set up thread

Anti Hero Huffer shape 9.18"×32.62" 14.81WB
Film Trucks 6.5 cut bushings, no washers
Spitefire formula 4 classic shape 56mm 99a
spagear hardware 7/8" allen
MOB grip
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 790
« Reply #6014 on: February 17, 2024, 03:37:15 PM »
Crosspost from the set up thread

Expand Quote

Anti Hero Huffer shape 9.18"×32.62" 14.81WB
Film Trucks 6.5 cut bushings, no washers
Spitefire formula 4 classic shape 56mm 99a
spagear hardware 7/8" allen
MOB grip
[close]

CVLT of the Huffer.

notpeet

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6015 on: February 18, 2024, 03:07:42 PM »

Pulled the trigger on this setup after a medical hiatus
Heroin 10” Curb Killer
Madness rails
Ace 77s
Reds
Indy 1/8” cushion padded riser things.
Cheap wheels as I thing I need to size up and go softer. 56mm 101A
🇬🇧 cheers folks.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #6016 on: February 18, 2024, 07:09:24 PM »

Heroin 10” Curb Killer
Madness rails
Ace 77s
Reds
🇬🇧 cheers folks.

Running a very similar setup other than the wheels (might I suggest some x97s or F4 97 Radial Fulls?), such a fun ride. Find myself reaching for it way more often than my “normal” board. Enjoy it!

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #6017 on: February 18, 2024, 07:45:58 PM »
patiently waiting for a lance mountain ssd setup post

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #6018 on: February 18, 2024, 08:36:43 PM »
patiently waiting for a lance mountain ssd setup post

yeah that one had me feeling some.
a buddy used to skate this really sick natas lance mountain graphic and it was perfect.

KILLEDTHEPOOL

• Rep: 17
  • I'm not a player I just throw up a lot.
« Reply #6019 on: February 22, 2024, 04:52:50 AM »
I’m pushing this back to the first page to talk about quivers

I only do two boards currently

I’ve done the occasional 8.75 pop and sometimes a cruiser but I find it just distracts from skateboarding for me

These are both “all purpose” but I favor the scram for steep transition and DIY and the fixer as my ‘normal’ skateboard

Anyone else only have 9+

only 9+ gang, the smallest is the blueish scram(9.5) i had set up as my everyday, then the bigger scram for vert/diy spots but i’m waaay more comfortable on the 10.5 so i made it my daily driver minus the lift kit. then the assault is just my ditch/wet board.

Ⓐ//Ⓔskate fast or d̶o̶n̶t̶ DIE!

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #6020 on: February 22, 2024, 12:26:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Specs pls

Looks sick
[close]

here ya go sir..
Indy mids
spitfire 53 classic
[close]

[close]
I am a really poor judge of that, but I would say steep kicks/medium concave. tbh anything you typically enjoy about a board goes out the window with the loveseat or couch shape..they are their own breed

One of my favorite shapes/sizes. I've been skating a Bannerot board as my secondary/curb board for about a year and I've been meaning to grab another one. As far as skating it, It looks like a lot of board under your feet but the concave and short WB feels more like a popsicle than a typical shaped board.

Gland Dongzig

« Reply #6021 on: February 22, 2024, 04:05:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Specs pls

Looks sick
[close]

here ya go sir..
Indy mids
spitfire 53 classic
[close]

[close]
[close]

One of my favorite shapes/sizes. I've been skating a Bannerot board as my secondary/curb board for about a year and I've been meaning to grab another one. As far as skating it, It looks like a lot of board under your feet but the concave and short WB feels more like a popsicle than a typical shaped board.
Very accurate description and also Hi @Coldbrew 👋

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #6022 on: February 25, 2024, 01:42:50 PM »
Expand Quote

Heroin 10” Curb Killer
Madness rails
Ace 77s
Reds
🇬🇧 cheers folks.
[close]

Running a very similar setup other than the wheels (might I suggest some x97s or F4 97 Radial Fulls?), such a fun ride. Find myself reaching for it way more often than my “normal” board. Enjoy it!

I tried F4 97 Radial Fulls (56mm) on different setups but it really clicked when I put them on the 9.75 Symmetrical Egg. Such a stable but fun ride. I usually grab it for lazy day sessions and surprisingly often those sessions turn into really good ones. Something about this shape with those weird balloon wheels inspires me to try new tricks.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #6023 on: February 29, 2024, 12:50:09 PM »
I just been watching the curb junkies YouTube and relinquished my desire to do anything but skate curbs.
Had this left over so decided to give it another shot.
I’m hooked

Heroin curb killer 10 symmetrical egg
Ace 77 with Krux hollow downlow kingpin and hard ace bushings
Spitfire f4 classic 99a
Quantum isotopes
Roughneck Allen
Rad railz
Jessup

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6024 on: February 29, 2024, 01:42:17 PM »
I just been watching the curb junkies YouTube and relinquished my desire to do anything but skate curbs.
Had this left over so decided to give it another shot.
I’m hooked

Heroin curb killer 10 symmetrical egg
Ace 77 with Krux hollow downlow kingpin and hard ace bushings
Spitfire f4 classic 99a
Quantum isotopes
Roughneck Allen
Rad railz
Jessup

Set up looks like a ton of fun. Do you have any recommendations on removing kingpins to do the IKP swap? I've got an extra set of baseplates I'm willing to mutilate.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6025 on: February 29, 2024, 01:52:20 PM »
Find a hammer with some weight, like a splitting mall or something heavier than s standard framing hammer.
I screw the kingpin nut back on until the threads are flush with the top of the nut. I have a curb with a hole I use to place the baseplate on so the kingpin can come out the bottom.
Give your hammer a solid controlled swing and should pop right out, have used vicegrips to hold the kingpin and keep the baseplate still with my other hand but last time i just used one swing and popped it out and didn't need the vice grips.

Gland Dongzig

« Reply #6026 on: February 29, 2024, 02:05:25 PM »

holy sweet fuck. 🤤

skateboarder4life

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6027 on: February 29, 2024, 02:57:57 PM »
Where can I get a 10" popsicle? 33" length or more

Heroins have too small a wheelbase. I want at least 15" wheelbase and 33" length, solid nose and tail.

Everything else is old school with tiny / pointy nose.

Closest i can seem to find is the Moose 10x33 blank. Concave seems good but the nose is shorter and pointier than I'd like. Is nobody making 10" popsicles anymore?

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #6028 on: February 29, 2024, 03:06:42 PM »

Heroins have too small a wheelbase. I want at least 15" wheelbase and 33" length, solid nose and tail.

Closest i can seem to find is the Moose 10x33 blank. Concave seems good but the nose is shorter and pointier than I'd like. Is nobody making 10" popsicles anymore?

Scram has 10” and 10+ popsicles with dims you’re wanting.
Hit up Black Market for them(dims are on tactics/so cal) or https://northwest-skateboard-distribution-8760.myshopify.com/collections/scram-skates

Enjoy.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6029 on: February 29, 2024, 03:24:03 PM »

We have 10 and 10.25 popsicles made
By south central with 15 wb and measures 33 long in this graphic only
https://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/35th/p/35th-Script-Outline-Shop-Deck-x46710530.htm