Author Topic: Can’t remember if the board likes Huberman  (Read 7676 times)

fuck_that_guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 306
Re: Can’t remember if the board likes Huberman
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2024, 01:54:13 PM »
fuck that guy

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2024, 02:00:44 PM »
fuck that guy

Doesn’t hit the same without the avatar.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2024, 02:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Presently, he's just posting about other things and hasn't addressed it.

The fact that he hasn't responded to either A) Clear his name of the cheating accusations, or B) Regarding the counterpoint questioning the quality of his sponsor AG1, is a terrible sign and look.

I imagine a person who had nothing to hide would refute those claims and openly show their clean hands. To hide in the shadows seems like a cowardly move here.
[close]

Funny, I think it’s a great sign and look.  It’s great, actually, that people are starting to not feel the need to debase themselves to the mob that somehow feels it’s their right to demand it of them.  You all have no idea how cooked you are.  Good for Andrew.

Very interesting point of view, augustmoon, this line. I'll reflect on it.

Personally, if I was a well known figure like Andrew, and people accused me of cheating, I think I would be shocked and wouldn't want people having a false perception of me, and I'd want to respond showing how it's not true.

As regards to the AG1 counterpoint, I think he should reply to that for the sake of a greater understanding of the quality and validity of the supplements' ingredients.

Shtonk

• Rep: -353
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2024, 02:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Funny how threads like these always bring out the "did he do anything illegal?" and "this isn't about skateboarding" crowd. Why are you fuckheads not over at Tim Pool's compound already?

Also all the guys sticking to this ex-military Joe Rogan buddy's side because he helped you drink less coffee and do cold showers, I really feel for you that it took you until this douche's podcast to find out about some of the most basic health routines that have been out there for centuries. The double-inbreath technique (another variation is the 8-seconds inbreath, 4-seconds outbreath) is part of basic Yoga teachings and that shit is I don't know how old. Cold showers/baths are recommended in medieval tomes already.

For all the coffee/drinking/fasting advice, I hope it's okay if I borrow the "rich silicon valley bros preaching macho eating disorders" line, that phrase is pure art and would gnar if i could.
[close]

It’s ok to not feel strongly one way or the other about every person after every article gets published on the internet. That novel posted above was boring and the accusations not  serious enough to make me feel compelled to suffer through it especially for huberman who’s also pretty boring. I don’t think anyone is suggesting he invented science or is putting him on the same pedestal you are. I actually heard about the no coffee for first hour at a talk on a business retreat in Costa Rica last year from this lady who talks about fitness, happiness, longevity, etc. Lots of people are putting these ideas out, huberman is just a popular consolidation as far as I can tell and it’s way easier to say “I’ve been doing that huberman no coffee thing” than to refer to more obscure sources. And anyone who is well read/studied knows that nothing is really original out there especially in self help, productivity space. I don’t get that criticism. Like who would actually be well read and also think that?

Nothing I could ever come up with to diss you for finding the stuff detailed in this article "boring and not serious enough" will ever touch the degree of whackness that you're the kind of guy who goes on "business retreats in Costa Rica". Just perfect

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1606
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2024, 04:43:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Getting tenure at an R1 like Stanford is REALLY difficult. Like, REALLY REALLY difficult. That world is 24/7 work. He is extremely smart, good looking, and makes damn good money. I understand how lots of women want him and why he could be reticent to jump into a legally binding relationship with a 50% chance of going through emotional and financial hell.

If that article indicated he was being abusive, then that is not okay.

EDIT: I will not purchase A1 greens.
[close]

He's not tenured. As far as I know "assistant professor" means he's got a job at a university doing research and/or teaching while he's already completed a phd.

I don't really care about the guy, but I have grown to hate the podcast bubble he's associated with: JRE, Lex Fridman and all those other guys just pander to a certain audience, while posing as critical thinkers.

I only know the accusations from twitter. I am not reading that article. Seems like he didn't break any laws. He is accused of being an asshole in his private life.
[close]

https://profiles.stanford.edu/andrew-huberman
[close]

he's an "associate professor".

Wikipedia tells me: "In the North American system, used in the United States and many other countries, it is a position between assistant professor and a full professorship. In this system an associate professorship is typically the first promotion obtained after gaining a faculty position, and in the United States it is usually connected to tenure"

He doesn't have tenure, yet. He probably will, though?

Sorry, I am not American and not familiar with American academic ranks/job positions, but I am curious.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information. The promotion from assistant to associate generally means that tenure has been acquired.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2024, 08:47:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Funny how threads like these always bring out the "did he do anything illegal?" and "this isn't about skateboarding" crowd. Why are you fuckheads not over at Tim Pool's compound already?

Also all the guys sticking to this ex-military Joe Rogan buddy's side because he helped you drink less coffee and do cold showers, I really feel for you that it took you until this douche's podcast to find out about some of the most basic health routines that have been out there for centuries. The double-inbreath technique (another variation is the 8-seconds inbreath, 4-seconds outbreath) is part of basic Yoga teachings and that shit is I don't know how old. Cold showers/baths are recommended in medieval tomes already.

For all the coffee/drinking/fasting advice, I hope it's okay if I borrow the "rich silicon valley bros preaching macho eating disorders" line, that phrase is pure art and would gnar if i could.
[close]

It’s ok to not feel strongly one way or the other about every person after every article gets published on the internet. That novel posted above was boring and the accusations not  serious enough to make me feel compelled to suffer through it especially for huberman who’s also pretty boring. I don’t think anyone is suggesting he invented science or is putting him on the same pedestal you are. I actually heard about the no coffee for first hour at a talk on a business retreat in Costa Rica last year from this lady who talks about fitness, happiness, longevity, etc. Lots of people are putting these ideas out, huberman is just a popular consolidation as far as I can tell and it’s way easier to say “I’ve been doing that huberman no coffee thing” than to refer to more obscure sources. And anyone who is well read/studied knows that nothing is really original out there especially in self help, productivity space. I don’t get that criticism. Like who would actually be well read and also think that?
[close]

Nothing I could ever come up with to diss you for finding the stuff detailed in this article "boring and not serious enough" will ever touch the degree of whackness that you're the kind of guy who goes on "business retreats in Costa Rica". Just perfect

you this shallow and judgmental in your day to day life or just on the internet?

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 27
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2024, 03:58:00 PM »
This is all just his big revenge against all the bullies in grade school who called him Goober Man

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 117
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2024, 08:38:59 PM »
I like this analysis of Huberman. Self help is all about juggling punani and getting away with it.

Dad Board

• Rep: 86
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2024, 08:43:58 PM »
This is all just his big revenge against all the bullies in grade school who called him Goober Man

Hubrisman it is

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2024, 08:58:03 PM »
Crazy to see people siding with this dude. He's got 5 women in the rotation, lying to all of them telling them he's exclusive, and not wrapping it up with any of them? And he's on a podcast telling me how to regulate MY dopamine? Hell na

You win my g.

But yea this man got hella "I used to skate too guys" energy.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2024, 10:39:23 PM »
No different than all those male feminist journalists who got nailed with #metoo allegations.

Doesn't surprise me Huberman may be a creep.

People just aren't consistent.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2024, 06:30:42 AM »
I've listened to a few. He shares good info on certain topics but he also sells green juice.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2024, 06:34:44 AM »
 Green juice?!
 Now THAT'S a product I can get behind.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2024, 07:49:21 AM »
Getting tenure at an R1 like Stanford is REALLY difficult. Like, REALLY REALLY difficult. That world is 24/7 work. He is extremely smart, good looking, and makes damn good money. I understand how lots of women want him and why he could be reticent to jump into a legally binding relationship with a 50% chance of going through emotional and financial hell.
I had been applying for academic positions after finishing my Ph.D., but it's incredibly difficult and non-stop research/publishing to move up the tenure track. The salary isn't even that great and a lot of people get into the tenure track just to stroke their ego. There are a few people who are just very passionate about what they do, but they seem few and far between. I've heard Huberman speak a few times and he instantly gave off narcissistic vibes. Every academic conference I go to is crawling with these people, which pushed me away into private practice and just being a half-time lecturer on the side.

In Huberman's 9-Club and Karl Watson interviews he was pushing a lot of pseudoscience  as hard facts. I distinctly remember him telling Karl Watson to practice self-EMDR before scary tricks. I don't even know where to begin with how ridiculous that suggestion is.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1606
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2024, 08:07:56 AM »
I feel you, man. I resigned in October and cannot wait to do something different in the fall. Most people do not have any idea how exploitative academia is. Slave away to do research that Sage publishes and then turns around and charges the universities that churned out the research to get access to the research they did. Profoundly underpaid lecturers who teach the bulk of undergrad curriculum… extravagantly paid administrators who give themselves raises and offer fuckall to the rank and file… the list goes on.

There is constant discussion of DEI, but when they have created a legitimate social justice issue, they act like it does not exist. For a place known as an employer of highly educated "smart" people, how academia works is dumb.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2024, 08:13:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had been applying for academic positions after finishing my Ph.D., but it's incredibly difficult and non-stop research/publishing to move up the tenure track. The salary isn't even that great and a lot of people get into the tenure track just to stroke their ego. There are a few people who are just very passionate about what they do, but they seem few and far between. I've heard Huberman speak a few times and he instantly gave off narcissistic vibes. Every academic conference I go to is crawling with these people, which pushed me away into private practice and just being a half-time lecturer on the side.

In Huberman's 9-Club and Karl Watson interviews he was pushing a lot of pseudoscience  as hard facts. I distinctly remember him telling Karl Watson to practice self-EMDR before scary tricks. I don't even know where to begin with how ridiculous that suggestion is.

I tried that breathing shit - i didnt land the trick and i still got mad  ;D

Mallie

• Rep: 37
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2024, 04:14:48 PM »

It doesn't work if you don't do it in conjunction with A1 Greens.

A1 Greens! Live better, skate better!
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2024, 04:52:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I tried the self EDMR. Worked for me. Maybe because I did real EDMR last year? Or maybe I fooled myself. In which case that’s cool.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2024, 12:10:06 PM »
This was pretty funny

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2024, 01:54:36 PM »
My ex brother in law was a huge Huberman fan. He was very unsuccessful in life, but he was constantly hitting me with "huberisms" and did anything fir "health" and to make "cash" without working ...

Dude even cosplayed as him!!!! Always a black button up, same beard, same haircut.

lurkluke

• Rep: 180
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2024, 02:22:37 PM »
This was pretty funny

Chapo deadass need to start spending money on sound and production. They make so much money and it's always so fckn ass.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1326
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2024, 05:12:06 PM »
Expand Quote
This was pretty funny

[close]

Chapo deadass need to start spending money on sound and production. They make so much money and it's always so fckn ass.
Some of the members are just bad on the mic. It's part of the charm; one of the dudes has a subtle lisp
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Ninj2

• Rep: -85
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2024, 06:05:33 PM »
Hell nah
He like the same as golf to me

Shtonk

• Rep: -353
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2024, 01:06:56 AM »
So has he reacted in any way? Is he still podcasting? Laying low?

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2024, 06:36:55 AM »
So has he reacted in any way? Is he still podcasting? Laying low?

AFAIK, he has hasn't responded. He is still podcasting and posting regularly on his Youtube and Instagram