Author Topic: Told you people from the east coast are lame complainers  (Read 13785 times)

blackalbino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
Re: Told you people from the east coast are lame complainers
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »

COTG should watch this video everyday
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2010, 06:02:52 AM »
^^ cotg probably replies something like this:
"hahahahaha you clowns still don't get the point blablabla"
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

teprXL

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
That video still proves my point. People from new york aren't good at skating because they skate lame shit. If p rod stayed in new york for 3 months everything would be destroyed, because he could get used to the spots, and he already has a foundation of good tricks. That's what you guys don't understand. 1 because you don't skateboard, and 2 because you're idiots.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »
And not every spot in new york is rugged. you guys just choose to skate those ones to make up for your suckage. And that still doesn't make up for the fact that they were complaining about people from oregon. I rains damn near every day in oregon. and all the spots they were skating were shitty. Those kids were still actually good at skateboarding.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:22:01 PM by ChildoftheGhetto »

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
I live in New York, and am mediocre at skating, not because the spots here suck, but because I do.  I'm from the northwest originally though, have only lived here a few years, so I'm not sure I qualify as 'being from the east coast'.  There are some sick skaters here, and some sick spots.  Some are shitty, and rugged.  I find myself skating them because often there are too many people/other skaters in the way at some of the nicer spots.  COTG, I think maybe the party scene/thousands of hot girls walking around have more to do with any perceived suckage/laziness of skaters out here than the spots do.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2010, 05:48:47 PM »
That video still proves my point. People from new york aren't good at skating because they skate lame shit. If p rod stayed in new york for 3 months everything would be destroyed, because he could get used to the spots, and he already has a foundation of good tricks. That's what you guys don't understand. 1 because you don't skateboard, and 2 because you're idiots.
P-Rod is famous for his speed and rawness

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2010, 06:44:08 AM »
it has more to do with everyone co-opting bobby puleos style and putting it on a pedestal than east coast skaters sucking. theres a lot of people that are really talented and can do really good tricks at any random ledge spot but they choose not to.

Macs T

« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2010, 04:25:44 PM »
People from new york aren't good at skating because they skate lame shit.

hahahahahahaha idiot assclown faggot

Davy

« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2010, 06:28:29 PM »
http://www.sbcskateboard.com/features_article?news_id=2328&uniqid=1451

You mentioned the Nike commercial you did with Nas earlier where you skated all New York spots. Was New York easier or harder to skate than you expected?
"It?s super hard to skate in New York. The streets are rough, they?re weathered. Ledges grind rougher, the spots definitely aren?t perfect. I?d been to New York plenty of times before that [commercial], so I  knew what to expect. Ever since my first trip to New York, I had a whole new respect for all the footage I?d seen from there and all the skaters who skated spots there because most of the time they?re a lot harder than they look. The fact that certain people have done the tricks they?ve done on certain spots blows my mind."
- Paul Rodriguez.