Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 937925 times)

botefdunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #8640 on: June 19, 2021, 09:39:03 PM »
pretty entertaining and pretty impressive, cast and crew is like 10 LA hipsters total.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8641 on: June 20, 2021, 07:31:20 AM »
If you suffer from any degree of claustrophobia, watch Sanctum and lose your shit. Not great cinema, but some good action scenes.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #8642 on: June 20, 2021, 10:48:53 AM »
I rewatched one of my all time favorites the Count of Monte Cristo with Guy Pearce and Jim Caveziel. It's a shame jim is so cooked and stupid irl, but i love his performance in this movie, and i will literally watch Guy Pearce in anything. I fucking love Guy Pearce

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #8643 on: June 20, 2021, 11:28:27 AM »
Color Out of Space. New favorite movie, hands down.

Psycho Goreman was also pretty fucking great.

Special shout out to shudder.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #8644 on: July 01, 2021, 12:59:24 AM »
check out monkey bone it might be the only good movie brendan frasier has ever been in. its cartoony irl i like it

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #8645 on: July 01, 2021, 09:19:58 AM »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #8646 on: July 02, 2021, 03:20:50 AM »
district 9 is a good one. in an alternate 1982 a mothership appears over johannesburg -a scifi retelling of the apartheid era where residents were forcefully relocated. themes of humanity and xenophobia. warlords. interspecies prostitution. greed and betrayal. transmutation. mercenaries. exosuits. cat food

https://soap2day.to/MczoxOToiMzI2NHx8MTk4Ljk4LjQ5LjE0NiI7.html

The cunt knows, such a good movie I like the Matt Damon one too
Sharlto Copley is sick and so are those saffer accents

Broken lizard are sooo funny have you seen beerfest
listen to cosmic psychos

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8647 on: July 02, 2021, 04:24:06 AM »
das boot

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
« Reply #8648 on: July 02, 2021, 05:42:52 AM »
Color Out of Space. New favorite movie, hands down.

Psycho Goreman was also pretty fucking great.

Special shout out to shudder.

Thanks for reminding me this existed, I finally watched it the other day and loved it! They did a great job transplanting the story to the present day. Apparently they plan on making a series of three Lovecraft-based films, hope it happens

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #8649 on: July 04, 2021, 07:15:00 AM »

"Insult her...

...If she's a tramp, she'll get angry. If she smiles, she's a lady."

...1:24...1:25...1:26...

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #8650 on: July 04, 2021, 08:13:15 AM »
So, I had listened to a podcast with Quinten Tarantino and he said that Unhinged, the Russel Crowe Road Rage Movie, was one of a couple that he would pay money to see in a theater.

I checked it out, and I was super surprised.  It plays like a early or mid 90's thriller, but without the camp.  I was really impressed with how fun/on the edge of your seat it was.  Super fun movie.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #8651 on: July 06, 2021, 12:30:31 AM »
Robocop series to understand postmodernism in film. IT was crazy. like... !

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 100
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #8652 on: July 06, 2021, 01:17:56 AM »
A Quiet Place 2, good scary fun.
Cocteau Twins

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8653 on: July 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM »
check out monkey bone it might be the only good movie brendan frasier has ever been in. its cartoony irl i like it

...you mean besides this masterpiece:

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8654 on: July 07, 2021, 06:03:58 AM »
just read up on what its about. i might

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8655 on: July 07, 2021, 07:27:43 AM »
  The last good one I watched was the last movie I sat thru which was a good 10 years ago.  "Im still here" by joquin pheenix and casey affleck.  Its funny for sure.  Trial of Tim Hidecker is kind of movie like in a way.  thats good.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #8656 on: July 10, 2021, 09:21:17 PM »
I watched Nobody the other night and really enjoyed it.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8657 on: July 11, 2021, 06:35:01 AM »
gladiator. 3 weeks from now i will be harvesting my crops imagine where you will be and it will be so. hold the line stay with me. if you find yourself alone riding in green fields with the sun on your face do not be troubled for you are in elysium and youre already dead

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • old and in the way
« Reply #8658 on: July 19, 2021, 10:34:58 PM »
trailer:

soundtrack example:

I just watched Manhunter the 1986 Michael Mann film and prequel to Silence Of The Lambs. It's a hyper-stylized film with over saturated color tints and dramatic neo-noir lighting. It's all pretty breathtaking and the cinematography is kind of the star of the film. The intense mood lighting reminds me of Nicholas Winding Refn's film Drive and my favorite French New Wave absurdist-gun running-romantic comedy-musical-crime spree film Pierrot Le Fou by Jean Luc Godard. The editing choices and heavy handed but palatable visual symbolism remind me of Nicholas Roeg's Don't Look Now with visually stunning elements that slowly build an overwhelming dread and discomfort. Some of the costumes are so 1980's funky and the performances so over the top and cliched that it runs the outdated risks but it also sort of reads like a self aware satire of the crime film genre. There is a haunting score similar to Blade Runner's and also horribly generic bicep rock with lyrics that made me LOL. I don't want to throw out any spoilers so I'll just leave it at this. PS I don't know much about film but I certainly liked this one.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:45:14 AM by funeral_tuxedo »

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #8659 on: July 20, 2021, 12:10:33 PM »
I went to the flicks and caught Another Round. Watch the trailer until it convinces you because it's predictable enough, but my goodness- what a smash.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #8660 on: July 20, 2021, 02:18:22 PM »
I watched once upon a time in the west for the first time last night and what a beautiful film it was. Also ennio Morricone hit us with one of the best scores ever

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #8661 on: July 20, 2021, 03:03:37 PM »
Baby Driver. Pretty solid throughout, if a little unbalanced. Edgar Wright is simply one of my favorites. There's something about taking a total cliche subject that has been beaten to death by Hollywood, and elevating it. It's no Shaun of the Dead, or Hot Fuzz. But tons of fun, and some of the best driving scenes I've seen in recent films

charge

• Rep: 17
« Reply #8662 on: July 20, 2021, 04:08:10 PM »
mothman prophecies. one of those films that at times make you feel super disoriented despite how lame it sounds on paper.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #8663 on: July 21, 2021, 10:25:28 AM »
trailer:

soundtrack example:

I just watched Manhunter the 1986 Michael Mann film and prequel to Silence Of The Lambs. It's a hyper-stylized film with over saturated color tints and dramatic neo-noir lighting. It's all pretty breathtaking and the cinematography is kind of the star of the film. The intense mood lighting reminds me of Nicholas Winding Refn's film Drive and my favorite French New Wave absurdist-gun running-romantic comedy-musical-crime spree film Pierrot Le Fou by Jean Luc Godard. The editing choices and heavy handed but palatable visual symbolism remind me of Nicholas Roeg's Don't Look Now with visually stunning elements that slowly build an overwhelming dread and discomfort. Some of the costumes are so 1980's funky and the performances so over the top and cliched that it runs the outdated risks but it also sort of reads like a self aware satire of the crime film genre. There is a haunting score similar to Blade Runner's and also horribly generic bicep rock with lyrics that made me LOL. I don't want to throw out any spoilers so I'll just leave it at this. PS I don't know much about film but I certainly liked this one.

Manhunter is in my top 3 of all time.  I probably watch it every couple weeks.  Beautiful film. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #8664 on: July 21, 2021, 10:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
trailer:

soundtrack example:

[close]

Manhunter is in my top 3 of all time.  I probably watch it every couple weeks.  Beautiful film.

Absolutely tremendous film. Soundtrack is beautiful.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #8665 on: August 02, 2021, 09:12:31 PM »
I have low standards nevertheless Savages entertaining

norcalnobody

« Reply #8666 on: August 03, 2021, 01:45:48 AM »

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8667 on: August 03, 2021, 02:47:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
trailer:

soundtrack example:

[close]

[close]

Absolutely tremendous film. Soundtrack is beautiful.

yes. underrated.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8668 on: August 03, 2021, 02:57:43 PM »
Kinda late on watching „ upon a time in hollywood“ but i really liked it.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #8669 on: August 09, 2021, 12:35:53 AM »
The Fisher King (1991)

Young Jeff Bridges, a perfect Robin Williams role, and a healthy peppering of Terry Gilliam style without being quite as over the top or stylized as Brazil. Some really hard hitting, down to earth writing on relationships, etc for such a fantasy setting. Really enjoyed.