Author Topic: Things you are not stoked on  (Read 474925 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things you are not stoked on
« Reply #3330 on: August 07, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »
kev the "jump like a black/gold tiger" statement didn't give away their kookyness? how could you not realise that something was going to go wrong with a statement like that? they obviously don't know anything about skating

i'm trying not to be a dick so this won't make the 'things i'm stoked on thread' but ha...yeah....

'Great shape, lots of bounce, lightweight yet durable. Made for superb performance! '

aw shit man....check out what else the dude sells?  did you not think for a second?

ha.....

'Bottoms of the boards have special Metalic Gold coating generously applied for extended long and improved sliding life. Gold deks generaly outperform every other deck. They are unique, rare and hard to find.'

oh man....ok...enough...

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #3331 on: August 07, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »

Jump like a black gold natural tiger

kev you are awesome

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #3332 on: August 07, 2007, 10:22:29 PM »
hahah look at the shape

they look like big fingerboards or something

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #3333 on: August 07, 2007, 10:39:33 PM »
my back hurts all the time and I haven't had fun skating in over a year :'(
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

DIGDUG!!!!

« Reply #3334 on: August 08, 2007, 09:29:58 AM »
you know when youre taking a shit and the water splashes back up on you. not stoked on that at all.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #3335 on: August 08, 2007, 09:35:32 AM »
hahah look at the shape

they look like big fingerboards or something

I think that's the exact shape of the Toy Machine I just bought.

E.l.G

« Reply #3336 on: August 08, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »
Apparently we still haven't plumbed the depths of Kev's retardation.

kevbo999

« Reply #3337 on: August 08, 2007, 06:06:50 PM »
Hahaha, well fuck, I assumed they'd be made in a real skateboard factory.  They aren't thaaat bad.  They were cheap as fuck.  Whatever.

I'm not stoked on this bitch.  How dare she lead me on, shut me down, then act all buddy buddy and tell me about her "hangout seshes" with my friends?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 06:08:36 PM by The Skateboarder Formerly Known As Kev »

Meth and Hookers

• Rep: 12
  • caveman?
« Reply #3338 on: August 08, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »
kill her

nearly every time I see a possum it's in dead form.

kevbo999

« Reply #3339 on: August 08, 2007, 08:30:50 PM »
gnar'd

mick swagger

« Reply #3340 on: August 09, 2007, 04:28:22 AM »
97 degree weather with rain and 100% humidity
breaking in a new deck with new shoes
dumb broads who think being a cunt is cute
the new ugk cd

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #3341 on: August 09, 2007, 06:16:42 AM »
my board got stolen from my front hall way.

bornindabay

« Reply #3342 on: August 09, 2007, 01:31:18 PM »
I can't believe how much I've matured in the last couple of years. Today this painter  who's had it out for me  since hired was being so fucking rude he honestly deserved to get his ass dropped. Me being the bigger man just shrugged it off. I quit the job but found a higher paying one the same day. I start tomorrow.
I can't even believe I didn't beat him up or start yelling at him. There's something inside that wants to spit in his face when I go to get my last check but the test will be on again and I'll just leave with my middle finger in the air. This being a mature adult shit is kind of hard at times and when you're genuinely nice to people at all times they tend to think they could say what they want to you. Maybe I'll just call him a chump or something. That will be completely deserved.

Meth and Hookers

• caveman?
« Reply #3343 on: August 09, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »
kill him

sebastian toombs

« Reply #3344 on: August 09, 2007, 01:36:04 PM »
I can't believe how much I've matured in the last couple of years. Today this painter  who's had it out for me  since hired was being so fucking rude he honestly deserved to get his ass dropped. Me being the bigger man just shrugged it off. I quit the job but found a higher paying one the same day. I start tomorrow.
I can't even believe I didn't beat him up or start yelling at him. There's something inside that wants to spit in his face when I go to get my last check but the test will be on again and I'll just leave with my middle finger in the air. This being a mature adult shit is kind of hard at times and when you're genuinely nice to people at all times they tend to think they could say what they want to you. Maybe I'll just call him a chump or something. That will be completely deserved.

i usually figure, if someone's a chump, why bother pointing it out to them?  theyre likely too stupid to ever reflect on anything you (or anyone else) might say...   to me theyre just invisible, non-entities...

bornindabay

« Reply #3345 on: August 09, 2007, 01:44:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i usually figure, if someone's a chump, why bother pointing it out to them?  theyre likely too stupid to ever reflect on anything you (or anyone else) might say...   to me theyre just invisible, non-entities...

Yeah but everyone in the shop knows it so it'd be a nice laugh for them. Dude swears he's the mightiest painter of them all. I think he just didn't like me cause I was very hungry , eager, and am an ASE certified painter, which he is not. I have never encountered as much territorial bullshit in my life. It's to the point where I have to act like I don't know much in order for guys to not hate. I'll leave it on the table at the interview but none of the shmoes need to know about any of my certificates or knowledge. I was told the first two years are hell in Auto Body so I'll just perservere knowing that I'll be a high paid journeyman eventually. It's hard to hold back but has matured me in many ways at work and in life in general.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #3346 on: August 09, 2007, 07:39:59 PM »
yeah..it sucks cause i think to some degree...it's like necessary to put those type of people in their place...someone has to... and dudes should have your back too....

yeah..i'd just make it a point to ridicule the dude at how much of a clown he is....

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #3347 on: August 09, 2007, 07:43:18 PM »
getting kooked everytime i post a pic of Swayze...
[youtube=425,350]ygiLUrJJjnM[/youtube]

OR

mention law school
[youtube=425,350]E0V0IDVVB5A[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 07:46:54 PM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

kevbo999

« Reply #3348 on: August 09, 2007, 07:57:49 PM »
Here's the reply I got from the black gold natural tiger skateboard company, as to why my decks were 8 inches (and I measured them) instead of 7'' 3/4;

Hi,

The boards are professionally made to the specification of 7 3/4”. They are measured edge to edge from the middle of the edge to the middle of the edge in straight line.

Also, high moisture and heat in the air affect the natural fiber of the wood which expands.

Sincerely,

Steven

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #3349 on: August 09, 2007, 09:14:34 PM »
Pittsburgh SLAppers aren't stepping up up to host one of their own. Disappointed. I will never give y'all the Philly love.

Actually, I probably will because I grew up in a different time...
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

bornindabay

« Reply #3350 on: August 09, 2007, 09:21:21 PM »
Here's the reply I got from the black gold natural tiger skateboard company, as to why my decks were 8 inches (and I measured them) instead of 7'' 3/4;

Hi,

The boards are professionally made to the specification of 7 3/4”. They are measured edge to edge from the middle of the edge to the middle of the edge in straight line.

Also, high moisture and heat in the air affect the natural fiber of the wood which expands.

Sincerely,

Steven

People who don't know skating think 1/4"  difference is miniscule. I know metal expands but don't think wood  would expand 1/4".

Meth and Hookers

• caveman?
« Reply #3351 on: August 09, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »
just add water and watch your board grow!

bornindabay

« Reply #3352 on: August 09, 2007, 09:23:35 PM »
hahahaha

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #3353 on: August 09, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
it seems like every thread i post in just ends
i'm lame

SR Junky

« Reply #3354 on: August 09, 2007, 10:21:24 PM »
it seems like every thread i post in just ends
i'm lame

well this one is a good confidence builder because it isnt going to die unless the boards crash.

but im not stoked on thinking this was the stoked thread and getting unstoked when i was ready to be stoked, making the unstoking that much worse

sergio

« Reply #3355 on: August 09, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
nick dagger.

needs to lay off the internet for a while. needs to quit skating too. i hear public libraries are great son.

sergio

« Reply #3356 on: August 10, 2007, 04:23:01 AM »
current situatish at the new park

photo de mr.billybonebrake

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #3357 on: August 10, 2007, 01:58:36 PM »
reminds me of the episode of sk8 when the skater is chatting up this gal and she says shes a skater and shes working on her 540's and the skater thinks he found himself a super sk8er gurl but they meet up at the park and she turns out to be a inline skater
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 607
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3358 on: August 10, 2007, 10:09:44 PM »
FUCK GIRLS

FUCK 'EM

JUST FUCK 'EM

E.l.G

« Reply #3359 on: August 11, 2007, 01:21:16 AM »
Some really cool and clever guys decided to throw a bottle of piss on me and my friends tonight.