Author Topic: Thrasher Interview issue *spoilers*  (Read 32600 times)

Dontfearthereefer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
Re: Thrasher Interview issue *spoilers*
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2013, 06:24:59 AM »
njyah is gay, confirmed

pope

• Rep: 0
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »
is this the one with Clint Walker on the cover doing the back smith on that curved rail?

No, this one has Nyjah doing a 5-0 on a kinked rail

johnnymousedoom

• Rep: -21
  • skateBOARd
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
Nyjah sucks... his name is shitty and he is a shitty human being. I am more interested in knowing more about good ol' jake johnson
I skateboard, fuck da poleeeeece

Yu Dum

« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »
The fact that Nyjah said all of that about how skating isn't for girls does not surprise me in the least bit. He's a fucking jockey douchebag. The backlash he's going to get from this is going to be huge.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
I expect to see a Street League press release with a prepared Nyjah apology sooner than later.

Anyone think its odd that Jordan was over energy drink sponsors but is getting flowed or on New Balance?

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Between all the beef and stuff, I'll have to say that the lamest part was nyjahs comment that girls shouldn't skate. What the f. I know its easy to "hate" the dude, even if his tricks are really insane (even though all the stuff from him in the mag was down a handrail...), but comments like that don't really help.
[close]

True that! Sounds like some redneck shit to me. Worst part about it is that a million kids will believe it to be true just because it's him who said it.

it's ridiculous that all this billy marks/jt stuff is getting more controversy than nyjah's ridiculous comment.  i hope he gets a ton of shit for this other than a few negative comments on slap.  fuck this delusional kid

jimi420

« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Between all the beef and stuff, I'll have to say that the lamest part was nyjahs comment that girls shouldn't skate. What the f. I know its easy to "hate" the dude, even if his tricks are really insane (even though all the stuff from him in the mag was down a handrail...), but comments like that don't really help.
[close]

True that! Sounds like some redneck shit to me. Worst part about it is that a million kids will believe it to be true just because it's him who said it.
[close]

it's ridiculous that all this billy marks/jt stuff is getting more controversy than nyjah's ridiculous comment.  i hope he gets a ton of shit for this other than a few negative comments on slap.  fuck this delusional kid
Can someone elaborate upon what was said? I'm too broke to buy the magazine

atswimtwobirds

• Rep: -109
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »
dam thers more beef now in skating then ever. and yeah, girls shouldnt skate. they need to preserve their beauty. no 1 wants to see a chick hit her head on concrete.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2013, 11:19:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

We went to this downhill contest last week and I saw this girl get served-up hard.
Why was a girl skating a downhill contest?

The women do the downhill stuff because they think it's like sidewalk surfing. They don't realize how dangerous it really is.
you could get way more served up skating downhll than you could skating a ten-stair rail. Some girls can skate but I personally believe that skateboarding is not for girls at all.  Not one bit.

That one girl did a 540, but that's very.
Yeah, street skating is completely different.

the bold is obviously interviewer (phelps, of course). 

jimi420

« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

We went to this downhill contest last week and I saw this girl get served-up hard.
Why was a girl skating a downhill contest?

The women do the downhill stuff because they think it's like sidewalk surfing. They don't realize how dangerous it really is.
you could get way more served up skating downhll than you could skating a ten-stair rail. Some girls can skate but I personally believe that skateboarding is not for girls at all.  Not one bit.

That one girl did a 540, but that's very.
Yeah, street skating is completely different.

the bold is obviously interviewer (phelps, of course). 
He's saying it because of the obvious skill gap between girls and boys. I like watching Nyjah skate but it's obvious his father ingrained a jock mentality into him and he thinks that since girls can't do half the things guys can they shouldn't do it at all. While I agree that I would feel uncomfortable watching a girl eat shit trying a trick we live in modern times and women can do what the fuck they want whether or not a swagfag with a benz and a speech impediment agrees with it or not.

srsbsnss

• Rep: 10
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »
Made it to five pages and somehow skipped over a lot. Two L.E. riders confirmed a December release date on a full video. Theotis brought up Forrest Edwards in the same paragraph as nyjah and Reynolds when asked if it can get bigger trick wise. Ishod talks about having to wipe switch. Garret Hill Finally confirmed in print that he's taking control of the price point company at black box. Ed predicts statutory rape charges in professional skateboardings future.

As far as the Jamie Thomas/Billy shit goes it seems like they both didn't want him there and Jamie was nice enough to give him a years pay while he looked for other companies to ride for and didn't fully put him off until he was going somewhere else. Billy refused to give him footage for the fallen video (the whole fucking reason Billy was getting paid was to help promote the brand and a huge part of that was footage) so who's the real asshole in this situation? I am not a huge JT fan and i hate religion being mixed with skating but  I personally would rather watch this than anything Billy has ever put out no matter how good he is.

at 1:14

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2013, 09:12:59 PM »
if companies support male skateboarders who do not support females skateboarding, we've got a problem. strange thing for nyjah to say since lacey baker is involved with element.

in regards to jason dill and the element cutting down tree thing i worked at the element skate camp for a couple summers. paul schmitt came and told us they have a tree replanting program for all the trees they chop down. i am pretty sure there was something about the toxicity of the glues mentioned as well.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:24:20 PM by tkp »

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »
Al Fuckin' Davis

wheee!

rideforJJ

• Rep: -1
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »
Fred Gall still skates, drinks heavily, doesn't live in CA or talk shit. As long as he doesn't pull a Billy and have two kids and start skating SL after getting married(congrats) he will still remain the best part of any magazine that have pictures of him skating in.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2013, 01:52:23 AM »
Made it to five pages and somehow skipped over a lot. Two L.E. riders confirmed a December release date on a full video. Theotis brought up Forrest Edwards in the same paragraph as nyjah and Reynolds when asked if it can get bigger trick wise. Ishod talks about having to wipe switch. Garret Hill Finally confirmed in print that he's taking control of the price point company at black box. Ed predicts statutory rape charges in professional skateboardings future.

As far as the Jamie Thomas/Billy shit goes it seems like they both didn't want him there and Jamie was nice enough to give him a years pay while he looked for other companies to ride for and didn't fully put him off until he was going somewhere else. Billy refused to give him footage for the fallen video (the whole fucking reason Billy was getting paid was to help promote the brand and a huge part of that was footage) so who's the real asshole in this situation? I am not a huge JT fan and i hate religion being mixed with skating but  I personally would rather watch this than anything Billy has ever put out no matter how good he is.

at 1:14

Whats up with this? Is Forrest on, and will Garret have part in Cold War, or any other info? When does the transition starts?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2013, 02:47:10 AM »
Expand Quote
I would fold faster than skatedood's rap career if I was told to put that many stickers on my board in exchange for several lucrative contracts.
[close]

My career never folded tho? Shit's about to get heavy ina lil bit actually. stay tuned for all that...

plus ive heard theotis say he likes putting stickers on his board anyway, so who gives a fuck? alot of yall niggas work 9-5's that you dont always enjoy waking up to in order to make a living, while this guy gets paid more to put stickers on a fucking skateboard. who's winning? The "corer-than-thou" SLAP poster with the highest of skateboarding morals, or 22 year old kid from the hood who gets to skate all day in order to provide for his family & live the lavish life? you sound regular.

I remember this Altamont Epicly Later'd they did and DOllin said he once asked Theotis as to why so many stickers and his reply was something in the lines of ; I wanna rep the companies that help me out . i don't see it as much of a big deal as everyone makes it.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

93tilinfinity

« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »
Ed Templeton just put Nyjah's bullshit out on his Instagram.  More people should know about that ignorant shit.

http://statigr.am/p/469900115708469835_50503575#/detail/469900115708469835_50503575

Wow, what a dumb shit. However, I'm not surprised....he does ride for Element.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2013, 06:02:15 AM »
Ed Templeton just put Nyjah's bullshit out on his Instagram.  More people should know about that ignorant shit.

http://statigr.am/p/469900115708469835_50503575#/detail/469900115708469835_50503575

i cant believe that he was stupid enough to say that in an interview for thrasher. i mean, i am sure that theres tons of sexist skateboard pros out there that keep that shit to themselves, at least when some kind of media is around.

bs noseblunt el toro if you want, the little respect i had for him is gone, and i hope this falls back on him so bad.

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2013, 06:16:05 AM »
I remember this Altamont Epicly Later'd they did and DOllin said he once asked Theotis as to why so many stickers and his reply was something in the lines of ; I wanna rep the companies that help me out . i don't see it as much of a big deal as everyone makes it.

it still surprises me how some of the guys on this site get so affected and upset by such trivial shit. getting your knickers in a twist over some stickers on a board? fuck sake, at least pick something worthwhile to cry about

Expand Quote

[close]

i cant believe that he was stupid enough to say that in an interview for thrasher.

the guy rips but hes an absolute spud. I wonder what GKlasek has to say about this one?

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2013, 06:24:15 AM »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

edddiebyrne

« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2013, 07:27:57 AM »
i love to skate. as long as i have my skateboard and im having fun, all is good.
things here turned into a soap opera,
at least it feels like it.
then again im in slap.

sometimes i wish i was a drama queen like you guys
or cared more about the industry or whatever.
or better yet, be man enough to form an opinion and express it.
maybe thats why i dont have any friends and rather skate by myself.

im a happy coward.

im like the type of girlfriend that sees nothing hears nothing says nothing, ignores everything and is constantly in la-la land happily day dreaming

or a mentally regular kid.
only that i choose to ignore all this skate talk.

i just ate a potato sandwish

it was funny during the big brother days.
it's awesome you guys are saying something about this

dill rules and ave has a manly chin,
i need a pair of balls and a manly chin.

Did anyone else think that this was the best thing?

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2013, 07:28:22 AM »
Fuck Phelps acting like he dont know who Alana Smith is. "That one girl" Stupid asshole, he knows her name.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2013, 07:35:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I would fold faster than skatedood's rap career if I was told to put that many stickers on my board in exchange for several lucrative contracts.
[close]

My career never folded tho? Shit's about to get heavy ina lil bit actually. stay tuned for all that...

plus ive heard theotis say he likes putting stickers on his board anyway, so who gives a fuck? alot of yall niggas work 9-5's that you dont always enjoy waking up to in order to make a living, while this guy gets paid more to put stickers on a fucking skateboard. who's winning? The "corer-than-thou" SLAP poster with the highest of skateboarding morals, or 22 year old kid from the hood who gets to skate all day in order to provide for his family & live the lavish life? you sound regular.
[close]

If he feels that way its ok. However i believe he is stupid. I wouldnt do it unless it was in my contract. In my mind when you are a pro you break yourself and companies profit from that giving you a small fraction of profits. So basically if you are a good skater that brings profits the company should rep you harder not the other way round....

As for nyjah:

He is the perfect depiction of skateboarders of 21st century. Super athlete who doesnt know shit about anything and has only skills to show. The worst thing isnt what he says, but that he is so stupid that doesnt hide it. Kid is irrelevant with anything that doesnt have to do with handrails, stairs or flip tricks. Sadly skateboarding has come to a level that in order to be super good you have to commit so much that you are really deficient in other aspects of life like common sense.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:47:19 AM by Tufty »

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »

Yeah, I used to work with quite a lot of prostitutes and some of them would let their regulars spunk on their face after they'd sucked them off.

Same thing really?

I like Theotis's backside 5.0 flip trick out shit.

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »
Did the tempster watch Nyjahs Sextape!?!?  :o  ??? :'(

O'Dell posted the excert of Nyjahs interview and in the comments somebody brings up the rumored sextape:

this is also the same dude (and I know this for a fact) that double teamed a chick with his friend that was so drunk she pissed herself and was basically unconscious the whole time. The only reason she didn't try to press charges was because she was 18 at the time and nyjah and his friend were under 18 at the time. #fucknyjah
tater_of_the_tots - about 18 hours ago

Forgot to mention they also filmed it. #stupidfuckingkids @epiclylaterd
tater_of_the_tots - about 17 hours ago

A littel later Ed comments..

Sex video exposes true feelings towards women.
tempster_returns - about 16 hours ago

Also that sextape now sounds pretty disgusting!?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:57:40 AM by poster »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2013, 10:34:52 AM »
Did the tempster watch Nyjahs Sextape!?!?  :o  ??? :'(

O'Dell posted the excert of Nyjahs interview and in the comments somebody brings up the rumored sextape:

this is also the same dude (and I know this for a fact) that double teamed a chick with his friend that was so drunk she pissed herself and was basically unconscious the whole time. The only reason she didn't try to press charges was because she was 18 at the time and nyjah and his friend were under 18 at the time. #fucknyjah
tater_of_the_tots - about 18 hours ago

Forgot to mention they also filmed it. #stupidfuckingkids @epiclylaterd
tater_of_the_tots - about 17 hours ago

A littel later Ed comments..

Sex video exposes true feelings towards women.
tempster_returns - about 16 hours ago

Also that sextape now sounds pretty disgusting!?

Nyjah is a product of his environment and also a product of current youth oriented sex culture. But he rips, so it's cool right?

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2013, 10:44:27 AM »
Get it straight bwayes.

Nyjah's style is ultra wack. Look at how he skates, he land awesome shits but he's overall a wack ass.

He seems so non-spiritual too, dissing girls in interviews and skating fucking boring contests.

I piss on everything he stand for. He need a reality check, like getting a fraud on his bank account.

wack dude.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »
Get it straight bwayes.

Nyjah's style is ultra wack. Look at how he skates, he land awesome shits but he's overall a wack ass.

He seems so non-spiritual too, dissing girls in interviews and skating fucking boring contests.

I piss on everything he stand for. He need a reality check, like getting a fraud on his bank account.

wack dude.

Also, compare and contrast.

vs.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2013, 12:39:02 PM »
I want to apologize for the remarks I made in Thrasher about female skateboarders. What I meant was that skateboarding is a gnarly sport, in general, and as someone who knows the wrath of the concrete all too well, I don?t like the thought of girls (like my little sister) getting hurt. My words were an inaccurate reflection of who I am; more importantly they were disrespectful and I genuinely regret them.