Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1887269 times)

Mongoloid

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #18090 on: April 19, 2017, 04:25:19 PM »
Our neighbour, where my gf is the caretaker because the guy has ALS has filed for euthanesia...
Won't take long since he is already on morphine. That's going to be a hard one for the gf since she has taken care of him for several years.

She also works at a home for handicapped children, she takes care of a group of kids tbat were all 'hit and run' cases. Kids that were normal, got hit and are now mentally handicapped. One dude 16 years old, can't do anything anymore was getting huge bruises. He bled oit of his mouth constantlt and they rushednh to,the hospital... Conclusion? leukemia. Doctors say its so,bad they already gave up,on him... Its not even worth trying because he doesn't respond to the medicines...

Life is fucked sometimes...

Your girlfriend is a saint, and sounds like a genuinely caring soul.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #18091 on: April 19, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
my desk is next to the companies co-owner and dude comes in everyday eats his food with mouth open and its very loud smacking...for a good 30 minutes,  combined with the smell, it makes me want to vomit....who the fuck doesn't notice this when they eat.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #18092 on: April 20, 2017, 12:59:29 PM »
I'm not stoked to post this but lately I'm not stoked on, life. Sorry in advance for the pity party but I'm starting to run low on optimism. My troubles started a couple years ago when my fianc? and I split up. I moved back to my parent's house and she kept our two dogs. That sucked and still hurts but on the bright side I have saved a lot of money, found solace in running and lost a ton of weight. I just turned 30 and now weigh less than I did in high-school. Best shape of my life.

I eat right, exercise plenty and no longer drink.

However, I haven't talked or visited with any friends (I don't suppose I have any anymore) in about that time too. Haven't even gotten a single phone call or message from anyone. Certainly haven't dated.

The worst thing is my Dad has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer, so that's been wearing on my nerves.

I've also been juggling injuries lately too, so running hasn't been going very well either. All of the things above are just really starting to wear on me. Normally I think I have been doing great at keeping my chin up but lately have found myself getting super fucking sad sporadically. I almost have been feeling manic.

Hopefully writing this all out helps, it was certainly hard enough to put down.

Here Come The Lame Jets

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #18093 on: April 21, 2017, 06:12:51 AM »
I'm not stoked to post this but lately I'm not stoked on, life. Sorry in advance for the pity party but I'm starting to run low on optimism. My troubles started a couple years ago when my fianc? and I split up. I moved back to my parent's house and she kept our two dogs. That sucked and still hurts but on the bright side I have saved a lot of money, found solace in running and lost a ton of weight. I just turned 30 and now weigh less than I did in high-school. Best shape of my life.

I eat right, exercise plenty and no longer drink.

However, I haven't talked or visited with any friends (I don't suppose I have any anymore) in about that time too. Haven't even gotten a single phone call or message from anyone. Certainly haven't dated.

The worst thing is my Dad has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer, so that's been wearing on my nerves.

I've also been juggling injuries lately too, so running hasn't been going very well either. All of the things above are just really starting to wear on me. Normally I think I have been doing great at keeping my chin up but lately have found myself getting super fucking sad sporadically. I almost have been feeling manic.

Hopefully writing this all out helps, it was certainly hard enough to put down.

thats a bummer man and sorry to hear about your dad.

the only thing i can really offer up is that if you miss your friends, give them a call or a text. i lost touch with mine for a while and realized that they weren't going to contact me, so i started contacting them. their phones work both ways just like yours does. hit them up this weekend and go do something fun. people grow apart around that age, but strong friendships should always be there.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18094 on: April 21, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
Friendship is a tenuous thing that is 50% dependent on other people. It comes and goes and that's okay. It sounds like you've made a lot of great progress on yourself and looked at things most people never look at about themselves and I don't think you should cheapen it by thinking about the people who aren't sitting next to you anymore. You sound like you have some level of clarity and self awareness and I think that's worth a little bit of solitude and loneliness. You're suffering, to whatever degree, and will be better for it. I spent a lot of time in the middle of nowhere taking care of my dad while he was dying. I exercised a lot and quit drinking. I lost all my friends. He died and I moved on and find myself in a better life than I would have been in had I stayed at the bar. Life is going to be periodically miserable no matter what so you might as well get something out of it.

HFS40000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #18095 on: April 21, 2017, 02:20:32 PM »
Damn there's some heavy shit in this thread, hope everyone's doing okay.

With that said, I've been watching the playoffs and there's this fucking Hyundai commercial that's on every five minutes where a bunch of regular people sing a song about hybrids.  And I've realized that one of my least favorite things in the world is commercials where people who aren't singers try to sing. Just get a goddamn singer or don't have a song at all. 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #18096 on: April 22, 2017, 06:03:34 AM »
Damn dudes, fucked times over here!

Mine is not that heavy, but I just found that I got 20 euros on my account till the end of the month (well not anymore, I had to take those too). I spent a lot this month on skate shit, went to a concert in munich with my girlfriend and bought other shit I dont really needed. I blame my lack of experience in dealing with my own money and paypal. I saw that I had like 280, last week but I forgot that paypal takes like 2 days to make the transaction, so it wasnt accurate.
The only good part is that my girlfriend has some money with her and I have my fridge blowing with food because without that I would be fucked! :/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #18097 on: April 22, 2017, 12:21:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Our neighbour, where my gf is the caretaker because the guy has ALS has filed for euthanesia...
Won't take long since he is already on morphine. That's going to be a hard one for the gf since she has taken care of him for several years.

She also works at a home for handicapped children, she takes care of a group of kids tbat were all 'hit and run' cases. Kids that were normal, got hit and are now mentally handicapped. One dude 16 years old, can't do anything anymore was getting huge bruises. He bled oit of his mouth constantlt and they rushednh to,the hospital... Conclusion? leukemia. Doctors say its so,bad they already gave up,on him... Its not even worth trying because he doesn't respond to the medicines...

[close]

The poor kid died yesterday...

Rip Jeson

miff

• Rep: -7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18098 on: April 23, 2017, 12:33:22 AM »
The anxiety and depression levels are getting worse and worse.

Take care of yourself. Reach out if you need help... open up a bit if you haven't already. There are surely people who care about you whether you realize it or not.

Advice I wish I had long ago.

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #18099 on: April 23, 2017, 12:37:40 AM »

Mine is not that heavy, but I just found that I got 20 euros on my account till the end of the month (well not anymore, I had to take those too). I spent a lot this month on skate shit, went to a concert in munich with my girlfriend and bought other shit I dont really needed. I blame my lack of experience in dealing with my own money and paypal. I saw that I had like 280, last week but I forgot that paypal takes like 2 days to make the transaction, so it wasnt accurate.
The only good part is that my girlfriend has some money with her and I have my fridge blowing with food because without that I would be fucked! :/

Keep painting... Potential is more important than money. Youre probably doing a lot better than you realize.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #18100 on: April 23, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »

I can relate to that, ive been losing hours at work cause of the shitty weather, i got paid last thursday, majority of it went to rent,  food that will hopefully last two weeks and bills, now im left with about 25 bucks until next paycheque, shits rough, im tired of struggling just to get by.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #18101 on: April 23, 2017, 12:03:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can relate to that, ive been losing hours at work cause of the shitty weather, i got paid last thursday, majority of it went to rent,  food that will hopefully last two weeks and bills, now im left with about 25 bucks until next paycheque, shits rough, im tired of struggling just to get by.

Yeah! That's fucked dude. I got enough money to live by the whole month, I just lost track of the amount of money I had and I would be fucked if my girl wasnt with me. Rookie error I guess, I'll try to have more attention to it in the future.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18102 on: April 23, 2017, 09:23:34 PM »
just had a voice crack yelling at my dog
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #18103 on: April 24, 2017, 05:34:54 AM »
My work has been giving me the shittiest hours for the longest time now so I'm constantly broke and barely getting by, this girl who I was talking to and sort of had a thing developing with decided to call it off and would rather just be friends, and my living situation is pretty shitty at the moment too. All this added together has sort of put me in a "so this is my life eh?" sort of mood and I'm bummed. I'm reaching my late 20s and kinda just feel like maybe I would've been a bit more complacent in life by now instead of still trying to figure out where in life I'm going. Ive been through this already once before back in 2012 and ended up sorting my shit out for a while, so I know I can do it again, but it just sucks knowing I gotta do it again. I know some people don't even figure their shit out til they're in their 30s and I'm still young in the long scheme of things and I shouldn't be overthinking it too much, but still, I just thought I'd be a little more complacent and situated by now. But oh well; I'm gonna start trying to find a new job soon and just hope for the best and keep my head up, it's all I can do really. Skateboarding has been one of the few things lately that has kept me happy and my mind off this negative thinking, even if it's just going out with a friend and doing some mellow cruising here and there, so I've actually been more hyped on skating lately so that's a plus.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18104 on: April 24, 2017, 08:01:13 AM »
just had a voice crack yelling at my dog

Does it still respect you and look to you as a leader?

My work has been giving me the shittiest hours for the longest time now so I'm constantly broke and barely getting by, this girl who I was talking to and sort of had a thing developing with decided to call it off and would rather just be friends, and my living situation is pretty shitty at the moment too. All this added together has sort of put me in a "so this is my life eh?" sort of mood and I'm bummed. I'm reaching my late 20s and kinda just feel like maybe I would've been a bit more complacent in life by now instead of still trying to figure out where in life I'm going. Ive been through this already once before back in 2012 and ended up sorting my shit out for a while, so I know I can do it again, but it just sucks knowing I gotta do it again. I know some people don't even figure their shit out til they're in their 30s and I'm still young in the long scheme of things and I shouldn't be overthinking it too much, but still, I just thought I'd be a little more complacent and situated by now. But oh well; I'm gonna start trying to find a new job soon and just hope for the best and keep my head up, it's all I can do really. Skateboarding has been one of the few things lately that has kept me happy and my mind off this negative thinking, even if it's just going out with a friend and doing some mellow cruising here and there, so I've actually been more hyped on skating lately so that's a plus.

You'll be alright. The only real problem I think is the job but like you said, you'll bounce back. The rest, girl stuff, will continue to happen until you die or marry. If you marry then divorce you won't have the problem because you won't give a shit what anyone thinks for the rest of your life.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #18105 on: April 24, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »
Thanks, SFB & JB! Really appreciate the advice and hope you pals had a good weekend!

Here Come The Lame Jets

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #18106 on: April 24, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »
Watching a pregnant chick smoke a blunt.
Then 10 minutes later, seeing her smoke a cigarette unstoked me even more.
And the fact that I did/said nothing is not too stoke worthy.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #18107 on: April 24, 2017, 11:55:27 AM »

Same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. With some friends at this skatepark we have never been to. This older woman with her (I assume) teenage kids walks up to us. She asked for a lighter and my friend gave her one kinda confused, then she pulled out a cig, lit it, and was on her way. I was honestly just shocked people still do that shit. But honestly what could we have done, roasted her for it? It's shitty, but they are not gonna stop.

Although I agree, made me really 'not stoked'

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #18108 on: April 24, 2017, 12:20:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. With some friends at this skatepark we have never been to. This older woman with her (I assume) teenage kids walks up to us. She asked for a lighter and my friend gave her one kinda confused, then she pulled out a cig, lit it, and was on her way. I was honestly just shocked people still do that shit. But honestly what could we have done, roasted her for it? It's shitty, but they are not gonna stop.

Although I agree, made me really 'not stoked'

Yeaaaah, theres not a whole lot you can do in those situations, roasting her or telling her she shouldnt be doing that isnt going to change, shes just gonna ask the next person she sees for a lighter, kinda shitty people do that shit, they should be smarter in this day and age

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18109 on: April 24, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »
She's gonna do WAY worse shit to that kid once it's born.

Mongoloid

« Reply #18110 on: April 24, 2017, 03:49:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The poor kid died yesterday...

Rip Jeson

RIP, what an awful way to go.

Life is so temporary and delicate.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #18111 on: April 25, 2017, 03:27:43 AM »
People are singing the beatles out loud on the office and I am cringing so hard. I cant work properly in this situation.  :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #18112 on: April 25, 2017, 04:38:55 AM »
People are singing the beatles out loud on the office and I am cringing so hard. I cant work properly in this situation.  :-\

Take a sad song and make it better!

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #18113 on: April 25, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Take a sad song and make it better!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #18114 on: April 25, 2017, 11:51:51 AM »
current Job sucks. started looking for a new job...I hate this shit

shark tits

« Reply #18115 on: April 25, 2017, 12:57:53 PM »
dr liver was wicked condescending last wk, talking about 'you have to quit using' and 'drinking is gonna expedite your liver's decrepitude'  i'm like 'i can't use rob dyrdek's time machine and quit any sooner, i've been clean'. not to mention i haven't drank in almost 7 yrs but he wasn't hearing me. so i'm tentatively scheduled to come back in 6 months.
so today i'm at suboxin and they draw my blood and after some bee talk [do you sell your honey? no i'm a fucking idiot who shares and regrets it] she says my liver numbers are high.
they've got a cure for hep C but it's inflated price so they're w/holding it til my liver ransoms.
apparently it's ransoming but i've gotta leave for a month.
maybe i can get fast tracked.
i tell you what, i empathize w/ jigsaw a lot more than i usedta.
SAW 18, shark tits vs umass staff.........

calvinsdream

« Reply #18116 on: April 25, 2017, 01:12:39 PM »
dr liver was wicked condescending last wk, talking about 'you have to quit using' and 'drinking is gonna expedite your liver's decrepitude'  i'm like 'i can't use rob dyrdek's time machine and quit any sooner, i've been clean'. not to mention i haven't drank in almost 7 yrs but he wasn't hearing me. so i'm tentatively scheduled to come back in 6 months.
so today i'm at suboxin and they draw my blood and after some bee talk [do you sell your honey? no i'm a fucking idiot who shares and regrets it] she says my liver numbers are high.
they've got a cure for hep C but it's inflated price so they're w/holding it til my liver ransoms.
apparently it's ransoming but i've gotta leave for a month.
maybe i can get fast tracked.
i tell you what, i empathize w/ jigsaw a lot more than i usedta.
SAW 18, shark tits vs umass staff.........

My uncle had a pretty long battle with hep C and liver issues that he unfortunately lost - had 25 yr chips from AA and NA too. He went through a transplant and all sorts of shit, it's rough. Best of luck to you.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #18117 on: April 26, 2017, 09:42:05 AM »
current Job sucks. started looking for a new job...I hate this shit

mine doesnt suck, but i spend more time doing things i dont enjoy than things i do and i get no sense of pride or happiness from it. its very easy and tolerable and thats why ive been here for so long. i dont even know what i want to do if i were to leave though. i just dont want to sit behind a desk anymore.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #18118 on: April 26, 2017, 11:18:43 PM »
Jonathan Demme dying sucks.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #18119 on: April 27, 2017, 12:35:31 AM »
Jonathan Demme dying sucks.

This. Again, fuck cancer.