Author Topic: Wheelbase on your trucks  (Read 40577 times)

Ride it to dust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Re: WB on your trucks
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2022, 09:38:55 AM »
I measured a pair of forged Indy and they are right at +3". My Thunder Team cast on the same deck are closer to +3.2. So, that actually explains why the forged have a faster pop feel. Both boards have the exact same pop angle. It's all in our heads.

Ha, knew it!!

richard00800

• Rep: 14
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2022, 03:38:25 AM »
I measured a pair of forged Indy and they are right at +3". My Thunder Team cast on the same deck are closer to +3.2. So, that actually explains why the forged have a faster pop feel. Both boards have the exact same pop angle. It's all in our heads.

I measured each side 10 times with a ruler that has markings down to 1/64". I averaged those measurements for each side and then overall. Definitely +3

mesuared my new 144 forged(without iron cross), they are +3" on spot.
but i remambered my old 139 forged witg iron cross on it were actually +3.1875, compaired to mids +3" at the same time.

i will get a mesuarement alter on my 139 forged later.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2023, 04:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Do forged indies really make a longer wheelbase than cast thunders? Both are somwhere between +3.12 and +3.18 right? My team thunders are around +3.15
[close]

i found this
https://freedomskateshop.at/en/blogs/skate-tech/wheelbase-und-trucks

@Mbrimson88
I'm pretty sure there is a thread somewhere that list how much each type of trucks affects wheelbase.
Do you know where please ?

@BALARGUE

This one?

Always hidden because it had WB and not WHEELBASE in the title, I think.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Re: Wheelbase on your trucks
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2023, 01:14:26 AM »
Yes
thanks @Mbrimson88

LebowskisRug

« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2023, 04:27:17 PM »
To revive this thread:

I recently measured 5.6 Venture V-Cast at +3.125, directly matching my Thunder Team 148s. My Venture V-Lights were +3.35

Vintagebody

• Rep: 83
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2023, 01:51:19 PM »

It has the same angle of pop because the indy's are 1,5mm taller (in theory).
But it still has shorter wheelbase, so the board might actually take less force to lift, and the heft from the weight will carry its momentum upwards better. Maybe can you put weights on ur tail and see how much force it takes? to lift? :D

I skate indy forged and Thunders team casts, and to me indy's def feel faster, but it also feels heavier in the air.

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2023, 07:07:48 PM »
Anyone know how much slappy trucks push out the wheelbase? Interested in picking some up but can't get to a store to measure them.

GrapeApeAffe

• Rep: 8
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2023, 09:37:30 PM »
Anyone know how much slappy trucks push out the wheelbase? Interested in picking some up but can't get to a store to measure them.

3.06” according to Prof Schmitt

He measured these and several other trucks in this post.

Kaydubbb

« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2024, 04:03:45 AM »
Another wheelbase request, does anyone have a set of 8.5 silver M class trucks they can measure the wheelbase on?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2024, 05:02:51 AM »
The question here is why anybody would skate Silver.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Kaydubbb

« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2024, 01:39:49 PM »

Had a set back in 2013 on a DGK 8.38 with a 14.5 wheelbase, I remember really liking the wheelbase and pop feel, despite the trucks not being great. Trying to figure out what the effective wheel base was for madness sake.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #281 on: January 01, 2024, 01:54:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Had a set back in 2013 on a DGK 8.38 with a 14.5 wheelbase, I remember really liking the wheelbase and pop feel, despite the trucks not being great. Trying to figure out what the effective wheel base was for madness sake.

shoutout to you for knowing wheelbase in 2013

Kaydubbb

« Reply #282 on: January 01, 2024, 02:07:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

shoutout to you for knowing wheelbase in 2013

The deck is still in my garage, only recently measured it. Was a Kalis model with a crown royal graphic, Kalis is one of my top 3 and I was an Aussie living in Canada at the time, I could never throw it out.

ultrabra

• Rep: 4
« Reply #283 on: January 02, 2024, 02:13:09 AM »
Another wheelbase request, does anyone have a set of 8.5 silver M class trucks they can measure the wheelbase on?

Seems like it shortens the wheelbase like an Ace, This is an 8.25 though.

Hope this place has an answer:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13rCMIthFb59Y-xrveasWk4GqR9jgd85fXDCIFm3g15I/edit#gid=0

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2024, 01:36:57 PM »
In case anybody ever searches for it:
Wheelbase of thunder hanger in a venture forged baseplate with venture bushings:
+3.55

In comparison: Thunder forged: +3.25
Venture forged: +3.35

PS: FUCK the thunder baseplate. I hate being a thunder guy but it's what works the best for me

Kaydubbb

« Reply #285 on: January 13, 2024, 10:43:20 PM »
Can anyone re measure Standard venture 6.1 cast? I'm getting 3.248 (3.25) across multiple checks, tape measures and measuring deck wheelbase prior in case listed dims are off.

Schinken

• Rep: 67
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2024, 12:22:16 AM »
 Recently measured my 6.1 v-hollows and they are extending the wheelbase around 3.35". I'm pretty sure my 6.1 cast extended the wheelbase by 3.25"(cannot confirm anymore, sold them)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2024, 05:22:51 AM »
Tried Thunders after riding Indys my whole life and it threw me right off, had to switch back right away, so I guess Ventures are out too. 

I am pretty intrigued by Aces, though I’m a husky dude and ride my trucks pretty tight, could I avoid the squirrely feeling by cranking them down with hard bushings?  Does the shorter wheelbase make them noticeably easier to pop vs Indy?  What about for balancing mannies? 

rikki

• Rep: 290
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2024, 06:43:37 AM »
Tried Thunders after riding Indys my whole life and it threw me right off, had to switch back right away, so I guess Ventures are out too. 

I am pretty intrigued by Aces, though I’m a husky dude and ride my trucks pretty tight, could I avoid the squirrely feeling by cranking them down with hard bushings?  Does the shorter wheelbase make them noticeably easier to pop vs Indy?  What about for balancing mannies?

Ace Classics fucked up my pop pretty bad. Was relieved upon returning to Ventures and Indys.

You'll need hard bushings for sure. Ace hards are great, though -- the turn is there but not too squirrely.

If I didn't want to ollie anymore and just ride transition, I'd rice Aces. But for street -- no thanks.

Mooseknuckle666

• Rep: 2
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2024, 04:34:05 PM »
Thunder team hollows 149
Venture 5.8 v lights

What’s the spec difference
Height?
Wheelbase?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1007
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2024, 05:56:02 PM »
Thunder team hollows 149
Venture 5.8 v lights

Height?
Wheelbase?

Click  me:

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2024, 07:54:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ace Classics fucked up my pop pretty bad. Was relieved upon returning to Ventures and Indys.

You'll need hard bushings for sure. Ace hards are great, though -- the turn is there but not too squirrely.

If I didn't want to ollie anymore and just ride transition, I'd rice Aces. But for street -- no thanks.

ace were some of the most finicky, for me, trucks to pair with a deck.
the few times i got it right, they were popping tho. and with big wheels.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2024, 08:19:56 PM »
Thunder team hollows 149
Venture 5.8 v lights

Height?
Wheelbase?

Just check on the first page of this thread, as the wheelbases of every option has been updated a fair bit with relevant info from when it first started.

Thunder with any cast baseplate (any option about 52mm tall) and closer together.

Venture with any forged baseplate (also about 52mm tall) and further apart.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Big_e_no_smalls

• Rep: 0
« Reply #293 on: January 26, 2024, 02:55:59 AM »
Do Venture Lo raws have the same wheelbase as a Venture Hi raw? Also Forged plates?

I'm have Venture 5.2 lo's on a 8.25 and wanted to size up to 8.5 and wanted to know if the only difference between the trucks would be hight. I'm getting good at manuals and have decent snap and a lil extra height couldn't hurt, Going to 5.8 V-Cast. Or 5.8 V Hollows.

I've tried thunders and ace's but the aces threw my stance and the thunders threw my tricks while popping off the front.

Crailtap G069 -> G096

Luismps

• Rep: 9
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2024, 02:10:31 PM »
I always used thunders forged 148, now I bought ventures forged 5.6. Will I notice a difference in +0.10"???

Tks!

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2024, 02:40:34 AM »
I always used thunders forged 148, now I bought ventures forged 5.6. Will I notice a difference in +0.10"???

Tks!
Yeah you can feel it, might need to pop a little bit harder. But it's not a big change and you'll get used to it in no time.
Have fun sliding on your new baseplate

Luismps

« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2024, 03:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote

Tks!
[close]
Yeah you can feel it, might need to pop a little bit harder. But it's not a big change and you'll get used to it in no time.
Have fun sliding on your new baseplate

thanks! I thought you wouldn't notice such a small fringe, especially when it's the same height

Luismps

« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2024, 09:51:21 AM »
I just got the ventures rolling.
I had to adapt a little to the kickflips and they were a bit rockety, but I think it can be corrected quickly. Everything else didn't require much adaptation and the stability is actually phenomenal.
I didn't touch the KingPin and even so the washer is already trying to penetrate the bushing after just 2 hours  :o

iamok

• Rep: 1
« Reply #298 on: Today at 12:43:57 PM »
Just got slappys inverted hollows 8.75 and measured them, just for science. Got +3.1.

Also checked ace hollows 66 and they are +2.85

Mooseknuckle666

• Rep: 2
« Reply #299 on: Today at 01:06:06 PM »
So according to the first post Thunder standard 149 are the same as Indy forged hollow 149
Difference only being the Indy is a mill and a half taller?

I love thunders but I just get madness about thinking Indy’s are sicker or ventures are sicker lol