Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224957 times)

macgruber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2130 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
I feel like it's a lot harder to catch games this year than last year with all the regional channels. Anyone else finding this to be true?

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2131 on: October 25, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »
I feel like it's a lot harder to catch games this year than last year with all the regional channels. Anyone else finding this to be true?

Canada or the States?

I've been enjoying Rogers Game Centre, free until January

Flames have been a surprise, Islanders got the hell of a lot better with the Leddy and Boychuck acquisitions, Philly should be better, losing Coburn and Macdonald hurts a lot.

Buffalo and Carolina in a race for McDavid already.

Fucking Canucks are such an up and down team. We're the Flames of the last 6 years, gonna finish in 9th or 10th place every year. Not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a good draft pick.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2132 on: October 25, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »
Buffalo suffered from having the shittiest ownership followed by blindly dumping money into the team.....no plan....

My expectations are quite low for the Canucks but I'm glad to see the twins clicking again....I think if the team can tighten up a bit we'll be competitive...still won't be many playoff spots left at the end of the year...

VHS

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2133 on: October 26, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2134 on: October 26, 2014, 10:35:05 AM »
I joined my buddies team and i have my first game tonight. I havent played in a real hockey game since sophomore year in high school when i quit so it should be interesting.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2135 on: October 26, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »
Buffalo suffered from having the shittiest ownership followed by blindly dumping money into the team.....no plan....

My expectations are quite low for the Canucks but I'm glad to see the twins clicking again....I think if the team can tighten up a bit we'll be competitive...still won't be many playoff spots left at the end of the year...

Buffalo and Carolina at this rate are lucky to win 15 games this year. Just so so bad.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2136 on: October 27, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Canada or the States?

I've been enjoying Rogers Game Centre, free until January

Flames have been a surprise, Islanders got the hell of a lot better with the Leddy and Boychuck acquisitions, Philly should be better, losing Coburn and Macdonald hurts a lot.

Buffalo and Carolina in a race for McDavid already.

Fucking Canucks are such an up and down team. We're the Flames of the last 6 years, gonna finish in 9th or 10th place every year. Not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a good draft pick.

The States.

I've also noticed that not being in a fantasy league this year has narrowed my focus back to basically a single team rather than a broad awareness of the league.

VHS

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2137 on: October 28, 2014, 08:53:40 PM »
the latter usually results in less upset.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2138 on: November 24, 2014, 10:23:10 AM »
RIP Pat Quinn.....

Skateboarding saved his life too.....

Snapped his leg riding his daughters board...had to quit playing....can you imagine if that happened today?

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2139 on: March 08, 2015, 09:05:24 PM »
got kicked out of my game tonight for telling a ref to fuck off after giving me a penalty for a hook when the guy was clearly holding my stick.

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #2140 on: April 07, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »
Penguins successfully blew a healthy lead to now fight for a wildcard spot. Just lovely.

Harem

« Reply #2141 on: April 07, 2015, 11:46:12 PM »
The Pens have been putrid for a while now. Will be out in the first round of the play offs anyway.

Senrud

• Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #2142 on: April 08, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »
The Pens have been putrid for a while now. Will be out in the first round of the play offs anyway.

they've been steadily imploding for the past three months. last night's game against the Sens was like giving a kid an ice cream cone and then watching it melt all over him and cry when all he ended up with was a sloppy mess and soggy cone. I want to believe they can pull something together, but I think at best they MIGHT limp into the playoffs then get swept right back out.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2143 on: April 10, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »

Playing the Rangers the first round would not bode well

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2144 on: April 10, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
The pens should just take the lottery pick....it sucks but they keep trying to patch holes....

I usually don't give a shit about this kinda stuff...but it's cool to have five Canadian teams in the playoffs and I like em all...don't really hate even the Flames anymore....

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2145 on: May 25, 2015, 09:04:23 PM »
Has to be bumped, 2 hella close series and some terrible goaltending. Ducks can't blow it tonight or it's Chicago in the Cup Finals.

Toews is a sick man, scores the game tyin goal 40 feet behind the goal line  ;D

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #2146 on: May 25, 2015, 09:26:56 PM »
That was insane.  There was no reason for that goal to go in.  Sucks the Hawks lost in overtime though.  I'm hoping they can pull it off and win two straight, but they've been severely outplayed this series for the most part.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2147 on: May 25, 2015, 09:39:21 PM »
That was insane.  There was no reason for that goal to go in.  Sucks the Hawks lost in overtime though.  I'm hoping they can pull it off and win two straight, but they've been severely outplayed this series for the most part.
Crawford looks like trash, and #1 Chicago line is getting bullied by Anaheims size. Quick and hilarious finish in OT tonight, but overall a decent game

Buddha

• Rep: -205
« Reply #2148 on: June 06, 2015, 02:33:57 AM »
I am surprised Chicago made it past Anaheim, they were dominated the whole series.  Tampa vs. Anaheim would have been a better final to watch.

straight

« Reply #2149 on: June 06, 2015, 07:46:20 AM »
I am surprised Chicago made it past Anaheim, they were dominated the whole series.  Tampa vs. Anaheim would have been a better final to watch.

Ny Chicago woulda been. Better. Tb is the better team but Chicago gonna win. They've proved they know how to win games. Go hawks

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2150 on: June 06, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »
It's really experience and being able to see how to force small errors and taking advantage of them.  That's one of the Hawks' biggest strengths.  Plus, their coach almost overthinks games and is willing to make adjustments on the fly or stick to plans that are difficult or inconvenient.  That's what happened in the last two games against Anaheim.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #2151 on: June 06, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »
It's really experience and being able to see how to force small errors and taking advantage of them.  That's one of the Hawks' biggest strengths.  Plus, their coach almost overthinks games and is willing to make adjustments on the fly or stick to plans that are difficult or inconvenient.  That's what happened in the last two games against Anaheim.

And yet again Ryan Getzlaf was Captain No Show when his team needed him most. He was a floating passenger the entire WCF that did nothing. I'm not even talking about filling up stats. He did NOTHING. That will be his legacy. Getzlaf has done nothing of consequence since Pronger and Neids have been gone. Sure he piles up the stats during the regular season, and looks great in boxscores, but he has no heart when it matters most and is a terrible captain. I'm not even entirely sure he ever really wanted to be captain of that team.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2152 on: June 06, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ny Chicago woulda been. Better. Tb is the better team but Chicago gonna win. They've proved they know how to win games. Go hawks

wrong

Tracer

« Reply #2153 on: June 06, 2015, 10:55:16 PM »
Chicago really stunk it up tonight, hopefully they can take 2 at home and end this shit quick. Watching hockey in June is just wrong but I can't help it

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2154 on: June 13, 2015, 10:05:28 PM »
One more game baby. At least the Hawks are playing closer to their full potential.

Tracer

« Reply #2155 on: June 14, 2015, 07:39:01 PM »
25 000 people are paying for game 6 tickets @ chicago

standing room is 1 000+ if you're lucky

straight

« Reply #2156 on: June 14, 2015, 08:06:18 PM »
Hoping for a Blackhawks dynasty with win at home. This team is legendary

Harem

« Reply #2157 on: June 15, 2015, 01:27:59 AM »
Give Duncan Keith his Conn Smythe. What a fucking beast.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #2158 on: June 15, 2015, 07:55:15 AM »
Blackhawks win the Cup tonight.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

straight

« Reply #2159 on: June 15, 2015, 04:38:20 PM »
LETS GO HAWKS!