Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 710414 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #6150 on: April 29, 2024, 05:28:52 PM »
Some thoughts after one month on the 93’s: I think I’m starting to prefer the radials to the classic shape. They seem to keep speed better in most conditions and on a purely aesthetic note I just like the way they look a little better. Still haven’t decided if they’re gonna be my full time wheel but I’m noticeably less sore, especially in my feet after a session when I’m skating the 93’s and haven’t really had the urge to change back aside from a few sessions at a local skatepark early on in my time with them. I really wish they made the radial in a 52mm since the reason I was riding 54mm in 99a was to have more speed and not get tripped up on cracks/pebbles as much on the street spots I usually skate. With these I’d feel more comfortable on a smaller wheel knowing they have the ability to cruise over crust and cracks and I’d suffer less wheelbite on flip tricks with my thunder hollow lights.

Overall I’m really happy with them and aside from a flatspot on the classics (which worked itself out in one session) that I got from sliding out on a varial heel attempt I’ve had no issues with their performance. They do feel a slight bit sticky compared to a 99 when doing sharp turns I noticed, but it’s minimal and something I’m willing to adapt to unless it becomes more prevalent as the wheel ages.

Re 93 duro wheels

Do they seem to wear down about the same, faster or slower?

I know getting 54 mm Classics and wearing them down to 52 mm was always a good size and shape, like fat little Classic Full wheels, but the Radials are pretty solid for everything.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Dad Board

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #6151 on: April 29, 2024, 05:56:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Some thoughts after one month on the 93’s: I think I’m starting to prefer the radials to the classic shape. They seem to keep speed better in most conditions and on a purely aesthetic note I just like the way they look a little better. Still haven’t decided if they’re gonna be my full time wheel but I’m noticeably less sore, especially in my feet after a session when I’m skating the 93’s and haven’t really had the urge to change back aside from a few sessions at a local skatepark early on in my time with them. I really wish they made the radial in a 52mm since the reason I was riding 54mm in 99a was to have more speed and not get tripped up on cracks/pebbles as much on the street spots I usually skate. With these I’d feel more comfortable on a smaller wheel knowing they have the ability to cruise over crust and cracks and I’d suffer less wheelbite on flip tricks with my thunder hollow lights.

Overall I’m really happy with them and aside from a flatspot on the classics (which worked itself out in one session) that I got from sliding out on a varial heel attempt I’ve had no issues with their performance. They do feel a slight bit sticky compared to a 99 when doing sharp turns I noticed, but it’s minimal and something I’m willing to adapt to unless it becomes more prevalent as the wheel ages.
[close]

Re 93 duro wheels

Do they seem to wear down about the same, faster or slower?

I know getting 54 mm Classics and wearing them down to 52 mm was always a good size and shape, like fat little Classic Full wheels, but the Radials are pretty solid for everything.

I just went to measure the classics the other day and my caliper was randomly just broken so I’m gonna need to pickup another because I feel like they’ve already worn down quite a bit in the month I’ve ridden them. The contact patch is definitely wider so I’m assuming they’re around a 53 now. I agree though, a 54 worn down to about a 51-52 is the sweet spot. I have a set of 99’s that I was riding before these that I keep wanting to setup because they’re at that perfect stage, but I’m staying on these for science.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6152 on: April 29, 2024, 06:21:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so i have had the easy slider 56mm 93a Radial for a couple weeks - skated em 4-5 times at least
really happy with the slide and cruise and speed still. flip trick game seems intact even on big board, trucks + wheels (8.75 egg, 149 indy)
just did a side by side with the 99a 52mm classic full
it definitely felt less icy on the 93a but i could still do all my tricks on the curb
feels like i never push at all on the 93a. it got scary fast very quickly. but the wheel is also a lot larger in this case, a 52 vs a 56mm.

I am probably madnessing towards a 54mm radial 99a for my next setup. or the reforumlated 97a, cause i have awhile on these 2 new wheels now to last me :) I think I am kinda over the smaller and classic wheels. I feel like they are not really providing me much value vs. what the bigger square ones are for the type of skating I do. I am starting to get a little better at the noseslide > crook combos but i feel like i dont need the classic wheel for it, i will do fine using a square one and i will stay locked in the grind a lot better too. i think same thing for feebles, dont need to the classic to help get into the grind anymore, will end up staying locked in the grind better with other wheels im thinking.
[close]

Is that what you've been riding lately on ig? Looks like it.
[close]

riding 2 setups lol between the 99a and the 93a

the line i am riding the 93a 56mm radial and the single tricks is all on my 52mm classic full 99a

i am not sure if i can fully give up the 99a yet. but i am thinking i will go up to 54mm radial. the sound is so awesome on the harder wheel but i dont feel like its really providing me any advantage... It definitely is more icy but i dont think its a huge difference. i did those same tricks on the radial setup as well and it felt like i wasnt grinding as long, but i definitely could still do them all.

Yeah that the video. They look fast. I can see it. I think they're good for you.

All these comments are encouraging. I hope soft wheels stick around

Has anyone gotten a really bad bounce yet leading to injury from basics?. Like the dragons
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6153 on: April 29, 2024, 06:29:53 PM »
Check out the Jason Dagner video too. Shows smooth ground performance
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Dad Board

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6154 on: April 29, 2024, 07:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so i have had the easy slider 56mm 93a Radial for a couple weeks - skated em 4-5 times at least
really happy with the slide and cruise and speed still. flip trick game seems intact even on big board, trucks + wheels (8.75 egg, 149 indy)
it definitely felt less icy on the 93a but i could still do all my tricks on the curb
feels like i never push at all on the 93a. it got scary fast very quickly. but the wheel is also a lot larger in this case, a 52 vs a 56mm.

I am probably madnessing towards a 54mm radial 99a for my next setup. or the reforumlated 97a, cause i have awhile on these 2 new wheels now to last me :) I think I am kinda over the smaller and classic wheels. I feel like they are not really providing me much value vs. what the bigger square ones are for the type of skating I do. I am starting to get a little better at the noseslide > crook combos but i feel like i dont need the classic wheel for it, i will do fine using a square one and i will stay locked in the grind a lot better too. i think same thing for feebles, dont need to the classic to help get into the grind anymore, will end up staying locked in the grind better with other wheels im thinking.
[close]

[close]

the line i am riding the 93a 56mm radial and the single tricks is all on my 52mm classic full 99a

i am not sure if i can fully give up the 99a yet. but i am thinking i will go up to 54mm radial. the sound is so awesome on the harder wheel but i dont feel like its really providing me any advantage... It definitely is more icy but i dont think its a huge difference. i did those same tricks on the radial setup as well and it felt like i wasnt grinding as long, but i definitely could still do them all.
[close]

Yeah that the video. They look fast. I can see it. I think they're good for you.

Has anyone gotten a really bad bounce yet leading to injury from basics?. Like the dragons

I got a mild slam the other day due to the wheels sticking on a pivot out of a nosemanual, and a few wheelbite incidents I’m fairly sure were because of the soft duro. One thing to note too that I’m wary of is the temperature change coming in summer. Soft wheels will feel even softer on hot pavement/concrete so I’m not sure I’m gonna stick with them once we get above 85 on a regular basis :/

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • sup dog
« Reply #6155 on: April 29, 2024, 08:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn Rawr-Bert! You’re good!
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #6156 on: April 30, 2024, 08:02:23 AM »
Im on 93 classics, was worried about bluntslides but they work. Loved the dragons except for bluntslides (super sticky), hardly skate rails so did not care about the sound they did and the stickyness on rails.
Feel like dragons is faster then 93, atleast for me. But i probably skate slow either way ::)
And dragons rolled over pebbels where the 93 sticks.

Dont even know what to use anymore, probably cant go back to hard wheels again, so its either 93 och x97

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6WyurCtPti/?igsh=cHVrYTdjMmsyMXM1

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #6157 on: April 30, 2024, 08:47:10 AM »
Im on 93 classics, was worried about bluntslides but they work. Loved the dragons except for bluntslides (super sticky), hardly skate rails so did not care about the sound they did and the stickyness on rails.
Feel like dragons is faster then 93, atleast for me. But i probably skate slow either way ::)

Dont even know what to use anymore, probably cant go back to hard wheels again, so its either 93 och x97

Notice much difference between 93 and x97?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #6158 on: Today at 12:03:40 AM »

X99 to solve all your madnessesses

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6159 on: Today at 06:55:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

when i do a bigspin that spins on the floor, if i treat it like the 99a i will stick. i did this once with dragons and slammed badly lol. i did it once on the 93a and i was able to save it still. its all about being prepared for it. it will work. i was trying to skate with 95a wheels and I could actually make it work for the most part so this is like a huge huge step above in both directions which is kinda hilarious.