Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 717230 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5610 on: June 06, 2019, 11:46:02 PM »
Climbed half a mountain today, shoulda worn better shoes for it though

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #5611 on: June 07, 2019, 01:25:49 AM »
shoes are important. i hiked up a mountain for
3h with my busenitz adv and then wasn't able
to walk for a week straight. my feet/legs were
dead afterwards. hiking shoes are recommend.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5612 on: June 07, 2019, 03:39:08 AM »
Yeah, my dumb ass did it in doc martens. Lesson learned

thomas kook

« Reply #5613 on: June 07, 2019, 04:49:53 AM »
i'm stoked on finally skating street till sunset again, not stoked on snot city for the week after jesus christ i guess i gotta eat more fruit or something

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #5614 on: June 07, 2019, 06:14:10 AM »
shoes are important. i hiked up a mountain for
3h with my busenitz adv and then wasn't able
to walk for a week straight. my feet/legs were
dead afterwards. hiking shoes are recommend.

A few years ago I took the train into NYC for the day to take some photos (I was working in Connecticut) . I was walking around literally all day. I probably walked 30 or so miles. I got into the city at like 9 a.m. and I didn't leave until probably 9 p.m.

When I finally sat back down on the train to go back to Connecticut, my foot was hurting so bad. When I got back to my place I took my shoe off to see that my sock was soaked in blood. After taking my sock off, I found that I had a sharp edge on one of my toenails that was just digging into the side of the toe next to it. It was gross and my foot hurt for like 2 weeks until the cut on my toe fully healed.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5615 on: June 07, 2019, 06:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
I got preapproved for a mortgage and I’m shopping for a house right now. It feels very surreal to be in a position where I can do this because even a year ago I was in a bit of a rough place in terms of employment/life. I’m very excited, but holy smokes is this process stressful. I’m at work and can barely concentrate.
[close]

good on you .. one thing to consider are property values both current and future .. i would suggest making sure you find a neighborhood that is either long standing stable or up and coming .. owning a house is an investment and if you play your cards right, allows you the chance to sell for a higher price down the road and upgrade your digs or cash out .. good luck and have fun with your process

That's awesome you are looking for a house. I bought one about 13 years ago with my girlfriend (now wife). Some lessons I've learned:

Get recommendations on a home inspector trusted by someone besides a real estate agent. Ours was from an agency, he sucked, and it turned out he had worked for our agent before so he probably wouldn't want to torpedo the sale for someone with whom he would likely have future business with.

Some things are easier to fix/improve than others. Does the house need a new heater or interior wall added/moved? Easy. Do you have galvanized steel or iron pipes nearing the end of their useful life? Less so. A small bathroom that needs a complete redo is surprisingly expensive, even if you do the work yourself. Sometimes a complete gut of a cheaper house ends up being easier and cheaper overall than fixing layers of work done by someone's uncle.

Some fixes/improvements are a nightmare to live around and if possible are best done without you living there (like fixing your only bathroom).

Pay attention to things like school quality, even if you don't have kids. You may suddenly end up with them and then panic because your local school is crap. Even if you're sterile or something, schools are a good flag for a place that will appreciate or hold value.

It's usually better to pick the worse house in the better neighborhood. Our house is niceish and was so much bigger than a lot of the other places we looked at but if I did it again I'd pick the smaller place on the quieter street in the better school catchment.

When you're really serious about a place, try coming back at different times of the day to assess noise, neighbors, etc.

When it's all said and done there's still a bit of luck involved. You may get lucky and buy in a neighborhood that appreciates incredibly (like my friend) or you may buy in an outwardly nicer neighborhood that lags the overall market (me).

Owning is mostly a good thing but if things are going wrong it can really weigh on you in a way that a rental never will. I never had dreams about water leaks until I had to fix water leaks myself.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #5616 on: June 07, 2019, 09:07:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
my three rommates and i got two silkie chickens, only a few weeks old. they're hella cute and should be a great experience to care for them and have eggs in the future. however, it is also a huge responsibility that i hope my roommates and i can manage as a group. also we don't know if they are hens or roosters yet, so we might have to part ways with one or both of them if they start crowing at some point.
[close]
roosters don't lay eggs but they will defend their whores. and they keep each other warm. i looked into chickens a yr or so ago and caring for em is almost barbaric vs how you'd treat a pet but i guess they're just tiny dinosaurs.
[close]

The hard part is remembering to lock them up every night so opossums or raccoons don’t eat them.

where i live one can only have 2 chickens in residential areas, so we'd like hens for the eggs. we have a good setup for their coop, but still afraid of mongooses getting in there...
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Kumiko

« Reply #5617 on: June 21, 2019, 08:15:38 AM »
Stoked: NHL draft is tonight

Not stoked: I've become the person who gets excited about the fucking draft

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #5618 on: June 21, 2019, 08:17:09 AM »
Stoked: NHL draft is tonight

Not stoked: I've become the person who gets excited about the fucking draft

I love hockey (Penguins fan from Pittsburgh) but I can't watch the draft. Shit is just so boring.

I do hope they can find a way to deal Kessel though.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Kumiko

« Reply #5619 on: June 21, 2019, 08:41:01 AM »
Yeah, I couldn't imagine watching the whole thing and will tune out right after the Kings make their pick. Still going to be a fun night of youtube videos and geeking out in the subreddit.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #5620 on: June 25, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
I just moved. My new neighbor downstairs is a chubby asian girl that smokes a bunch of weed and feeds the cats in the parking lot.  The cats piss on my tires and sleep on my hood. The weed smoke goes right in to my bedroom. She kinda cute though... but her place probably stinks and she toxoplasmosis.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5621 on: June 25, 2019, 09:18:26 PM »
Went on my first date since my ex broke up with me and had a lot of fun with the chick but now I'm starting to suspect that the chick I went out with is ghosting me.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #5622 on: June 26, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
Only read the first few sentences, but have you considered snorting an xxtra fat line of Blue Chew?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5623 on: June 26, 2019, 02:35:02 PM »
Only read the first few sentences, but have you considered snorting an xxtra fat line of Blue Chew?
  Im gonna say no.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5624 on: June 26, 2019, 02:53:26 PM »
My question is how would your ex feel if she found out if you shared this?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5625 on: June 26, 2019, 04:27:50 PM »
  Anomonously?  She wouldnt give a shit,-you dont know who we are.  I dont tell any of my buddies when i get with a girl, ive always been good that way.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5626 on: June 26, 2019, 06:49:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Anomonously?  She wouldnt give a shit,-you dont know who we are.  I dont tell any of my buddies when i get with a girl, ive always been good that way.

im just saying it’s kinda fucked in my opinion. I’d much rather be valued and not talked about like a sex object just saying.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5627 on: June 26, 2019, 06:50:28 PM »
I love living in California but fuck it’s expensive.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5628 on: June 26, 2019, 11:35:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
im just saying it’s kinda fucked in my opinion. I’d much rather be valued and not talked about like a sex object just saying.
  I just removed it outta respect.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #5629 on: June 30, 2019, 01:14:38 PM »
Not stoked on life, it's so sassy and condescending. It's too hard for a stuffed lad. Why's it always mocking my questions? Why's it so patronizing towards the topic of meaning?

Pretty stoked that it doesn't give a shit though, my pecs would be tiny otherwise. So I'll enjoy my worries, cause I may never have them again.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5630 on: June 30, 2019, 08:16:11 PM »
  This girl Im dating now, (my ex) shes got me all peripheralized, so's that when we hang out, its just me and her.  She's doing all this social type stuff with her social group and I haven't been invited so far.  She'll have these nites or afternoons free and then its heated between us and thats one of the things about me she likes but then I'm just on the shelf.  On paper it sounds good but it mixes me up.  She just left a 10 year realationship and the company she keeps is slightly hoity toity so she doesn't wanna come out "yah I'm fucking ---- now"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:18:32 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5631 on: June 30, 2019, 08:42:09 PM »
  This girl Im dating now, (my ex) shes got me all peripheralized, so's that when we hang out, its just me and her.  She's doing all this social type stuff with her social group and I haven't been invited so far.  She'll have these nites or afternoons free and then its heated between us and thats one of the things about me she likes but then I'm just on the shelf.  On paper it sounds good but it mixes me up.  She just left a 10 year realationship and the company she keeps is slightly hoity toity so she doesn't wanna come out "yah I'm fucking ---- now"

Man unless those people are actually super cool, (doubt it) then fuck it. Do you wanna fake it just because they are her friends? I mean if the free food and shit is THAT good then it may be worth it, otherwise let her do her thing and you guys just do your own.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5632 on: June 30, 2019, 10:01:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man unless those people are actually super cool, (doubt it) then fuck it. Do you wanna fake it just because they are her friends? I mean if the free food and shit is THAT good then it may be worth it, otherwise let her do her thing and you guys just do your own.
  I need the outside perspective so thank you for that.  Shes nice to me i just gotta play it cool, like your saying.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:03:10 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #5633 on: July 01, 2019, 07:47:15 AM »
Maybe she just needs time. I know I ended an almost decade-long relationship last year and here I am one year later still 'recovering' and relearning to find my personal space and pace again (which surprisingly was a struggle at first). During such periods of time one may need a certain tranquility of the mind in order to feel solid ground, recognize where they are and stand on their feet again, if that makes sense. Which of course doesn't negate that during said periods of time, the person still wants to socialize all the while remaining confused as to the direction they feel like reconnecting with, which might cause them to make the occasional odd life choice and frequent a variety of people they normally (?) wouldn't. I'm not trying to analyze you guys' situation here but I know I'm usually a focused and determined person with default respect for people, yet just last year I probably interfered with and confused two or three innocent girls' lives by being too distracted to know how to deal with their attention, or by developing unrealistic feelings that to me felt like they made sense. In general I think it's pretty fascinating the width of the array of possibilities in life, relationships bear witness to how every new human encounter will by definition add another dimension to one's existence - in general we try to look so solid when in reality we're so frail.

But I digress, and I'm only sharing my experience in case it would resonate with yours somehow and help you understand what may be your girl's mindset these days based on the couple of elements you brought up, but of course I'm disconnected from you guys' reality so you know the details and everything a lot better than I do.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:51:04 AM by silhouette »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5634 on: July 01, 2019, 08:09:48 AM »
Maybe she just needs time. I know I ended an almost decade-long relationship last year and here I am one year later still 'recovering' and relearning to find my personal space and pace again (which surprisingly was a struggle at first). During such periods of time one may need a certain tranquility of the mind in order to feel solid ground, recognize where they are and stand on their feet again, if that makes sense. Which of course doesn't negate that during said periods of time, the person still wants to socialize all the while remaining confused as to the direction they feel like reconnecting with, which might cause them to make the occasional odd life choice and frequent a variety of people they normally (?) wouldn't. I'm not trying to analyze you guys' situation here but I know I'm usually a focused and determined person with default respect for people, yet just last year I probably interfered with and confused two or three innocent girls' lives by being too distracted to know how to deal with their attention, or by developing unrealistic feelings that to me felt like they made sense. In general I think it's pretty fascinating the width of the array of possibilities in life, relationships bear witness to how every new human encounter will by definition add another dimension to one's existence - in general we try to look so solid when in reality we're so frail.

But I digress, and I'm only sharing my experience in case it would resonate with yours somehow and help you understand what may be your girl's mindset these days based on the couple of elements you brought up, but of course I'm disconnected from you guys' reality so you know the details and everything a lot better than I do.
  No thats relevent to me actually thank you, if im left to my own devices, i can loose the plot  a bit so again the outside guidance is appretiated.  She texted me last nite and said she wished i was beside her and it made me feel better.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5635 on: July 01, 2019, 09:55:47 PM »
Work. Assistant managers are dick heads.
Another thing. For some reason I’ve been thinking about my ex girlfriend but I’m not sure why? It’s been a year since we were together. I’m not hurt by our break up, I hope she’s happy doing whatever. The only problem is, that I wish I got to tell her how I feel. When we were still together she was starting to get very distant to me and I was wondering if she was ok. I think she was seeing someone else because when we broke up she had someone to replace me. Had a dream about her a few months ago. In my dream her dad (who I really liked) was telling me “don’t worry about her, she doesn’t deserve you anyways”. 

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5636 on: July 03, 2019, 06:26:39 AM »
Another thing. For some reason I’ve been thinking about my ex girlfriend but I’m not sure why? It’s been a year since we were together. I’m not hurt by our break up, I hope she’s happy doing whatever. The only problem is, that I wish I got to tell her how I feel. When we were still together she was starting to get very distant to me and I was wondering if she was ok. I think she was seeing someone else because when we broke up she had someone to replace me. Had a dream about her a few months ago. In my dream her dad (who I really liked) was telling me “don’t worry about her, she doesn’t deserve you anyways”.
i mean are managers there for any other reason but to make our day shittier ? here’s a nice emo song for you . There’s always things you think about after and are all damn if only . Would telling here made a difference? if she was being distant she wouldn’t have cared or even acknowledged your feelings which i know would bum me out even more .

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5637 on: July 03, 2019, 08:50:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i mean are managers there for any other reason but to make our day shittier ? here’s a nice emo song for you . There’s always things you think about after and are all damn if only . Would telling here made a difference? if she was being distant she wouldn’t have cared or even acknowledged your feelings which i know would bum me out even more .

probably  I’ve been thinking about quitting my job just so I can finally enjoy myself.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #5638 on: July 04, 2019, 04:43:34 PM »
New position and shift at work. Extra 10k a year, less work. The shift is Wednesday through Saturday, 8pm to 6am. Coming from Monday through Friday, 8-5.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #5639 on: July 04, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »
New position and shift at work. Extra 10k a year, less work. The shift is Wednesday through Saturday, 8pm to 6am. Coming from Monday through Friday, 8-5.

Congrats on the raise. Ever do third shifts?