Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 717129 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5910 on: November 11, 2019, 01:14:11 PM »
Expand Quote
It did and honestly, I have been self-conscious about not getting a response (I did text her to let her so she'd save my number) but, i should just focus on it going relatively well.
[close]

The limbo period is the worst. No need for alarm yet though, everybody out here playin games.

Thanks for the positivity, kinda needed it. But I'll just check in with her this week because we made plans to go watch Dr. Sleep together and if she doesn't reply that's her answer.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Jagr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #5911 on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My car rolled over 100k on the odometer today. I think it's the first car that I've put that many miles on. Stoked on that and that the car has had no issues this far, just replacing the usual stuff as it wears out.

As stupid as this sounds, I'm not stoked that I wasn't paying attention and missed seeing it hit that 100k mark. By the time I remembered it was at 100,017. Also not stoked that my warrantee is up now and I still owe on my loan, but I should be alright. I'm just hoping that nothing major happens before I pay it off and I get at least a few months with it after its paid off because it's not going to be worth anything by the time I'm done with it.
[close]

what kind of car? my 2003 ford ranger just rolled over 200,000 today. haven't had any major issues. i fucking missed the mark too by only a couple miles. i did snap a pic at 181,818 at least...hell ride!
[close]

2016 kia forte. Not exactly a coolmobile, but it's a reliable little car.
I did get a pic when it had 80085 because it sorta looks like BOOBS.

lmao, classic with the 80085!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #5912 on: November 11, 2019, 10:45:27 PM »
Career opportunities that sound like a good possible next step, but would require an original investment all the while coming with new relationships that would possibly ruin the whole point of whatever it is that I'm trying to do, to me. Right now I mostly enjoy engaging with artists on the human level and helping spread the word around their existence when I really believe in them and in what they're doing, leading to sincere and authentic interactions; the possible new position would allow a lot less time for that and require commercial communication to be prioritized since I'd basically be running the whole thing, but purely commercial relationships are something I've had to handle - for way too long - in past jobs before, and everything I currently want to avoid. I'm not the one to enjoy missing trains in life so I might run with it eventually, as I appreciate and trust what the people that are offering are seeing in me, but not before I've secured my interests and made sure things really aren't going that way. Otherwise I'll just keep doing my thing as a freelancer and develop that aspect of the activity, as the simplicity (in comparison, to me) resonates and well, apparently I can do this shit.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:48:44 PM by silhouette »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5913 on: November 12, 2019, 05:49:18 AM »
Been talking go a cute girl on Tinder for a while now and finally met up at a bar with her. We ended up going back to her place after. Getting it on but couldnt finish and I had to stop due to me being way to drunk. Not stoked that now I feel that she lost interest due to that lackluster performace. I don't know what to do now. Any advice pals?
Tell her that you were in a whiskey dick phase, and if she really lost interest, next !

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #5914 on: November 12, 2019, 05:57:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Been talking go a cute girl on Tinder for a while now and finally met up at a bar with her. We ended up going back to her place after. Getting it on but couldnt finish and I had to stop due to me being way to drunk. Not stoked that now I feel that she lost interest due to that lackluster performace. I don't know what to do now. Any advice pals?
[close]
Tell her that you were in a whiskey dick phase, and if she really lost interest, next !
Two options, "I respect you too much as a woman to move this fast" or "the ghost of my mum was watching".
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #5915 on: November 12, 2019, 09:20:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Two options, "I respect you too much as a woman to move this fast" or "the ghost of my mum was watching".

The other thing that can happen is when you have trouble getting it up, for whatever reason, girls get hella insecure and think it’s them that’s the problem. Their thinking is “dudes wanna bang all the time and something about me is so off putting that he can’t stand up.”

So she may be psyching herself out. A follow up text with new plans not at a bar can be a solid move.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #5916 on: November 12, 2019, 11:01:47 PM »

Sounds like you're assuming a loss, when you should be assumimg the close, and that would be a simp play.  No go.  It's ABC.  Always Be Closing.  She's already decided that you're attractive enough to fuck.  She knew that within seconds.  Shit happens, but it's HOW you recover that really counts.  I say, be the man and take responsibility for the situation and direct the outcome.

Say, look baby, please don't take the other night the wrong way.  I made  the mistake of drinking too much and I apologize for making it uncomfortable.  I will NOT be making that mistake again.   I think you're wonderful and I would really like to make this up to you.  And since I owe you one now, I'm eating that ass this time, so be ready.  Same place, same time sound good?

Go there at 8
Eat her ass
Go for the kill

Or whatever, the point is Don't ask.  Assume you're still in there until SHE kills the deal, and don't make it easier by assuming you've already lost.  If she does shut you down, you're still in the same place.  So why even give a fuck?  Or, in your case, a half a fuck.

"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #5917 on: November 13, 2019, 12:44:34 PM »
Got a new phone: Nokia 6.2, like the normal, socialy well adjusted, person. Can't find the settings I like but it was about 300 bucks.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #5918 on: November 13, 2019, 02:31:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It did and honestly, I have been self-conscious about not getting a response (I did text her to let her so she'd save my number) but, i should just focus on it going relatively well.
[close]

The limbo period is the worst. No need for alarm yet though, everybody out here playin games.
[close]

Thanks for the positivity, kinda needed it. But I'll just check in with her this week because we made plans to go watch Dr. Sleep together and if she doesn't reply that's her answer.
Every time i was with a new partner that happened the first time. I get it sometimes now because I am always so stressed out. Thankfully my lady is awesome and we find a way like nature does. It’s usually like a period of a few days when I have a lot on my mind. Then it goes away

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5919 on: November 13, 2019, 11:55:57 PM »
Not stoked:
There is a foot of snow outside and it's well below freezing

Stoked:
It's almost Ski season

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #5920 on: November 14, 2019, 01:40:26 AM »
Dig It! 

Stoked on the game.
Not stoked on the "monkey on my back" the damn thing has become, and having to add a fucking GAME to my long list of unhealthy addictions.

Anyone else struggling with a Dig It addiction?  I think I may need a sponsor.

"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5921 on: November 14, 2019, 05:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like you're assuming a loss, when you should be assumimg the close, and that would be a simp play.  No go.  It's ABC.  Always Be Closing.  She's already decided that you're attractive enough to fuck.  She knew that within seconds.  Shit happens, but it's HOW you recover that really counts.  I say, be the man and take responsibility for the situation and direct the outcome.

Say, look baby, please don't take the other night the wrong way.  I made  the mistake of drinking too much and I apologize for making it uncomfortable.  I will NOT be making that mistake again.   I think you're wonderful and I would really like to make this up to you.  And since I owe you one now, I'm eating that ass this time, so be ready.  Same place, same time sound good?

Go there at 8
Eat her ass
Go for the kill

Or whatever, the point is Don't ask.  Assume you're still in there until SHE kills the deal, and don't make it easier by assuming you've already lost.  If she does shut you down, you're still in the same place.  So why even give a fuck?  Or, in your case, a half a fuck.
I like this advice . Why do you think she lost interest & Have you made plans to hang again ?

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #5922 on: November 14, 2019, 06:16:07 AM »
Stoked on Winnie the Pooh bong existing, Not stoked someone saw me look it up hahaha

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 93
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #5923 on: November 15, 2019, 04:03:41 AM »
Stoked to be going to Madrid in a couple days.  Some of my favorite ledge spots are there.

Not stoked that it’s going raining indefinitely so I probably won’t be there for more than 2 days. Hunting for better weather to skate in. Lisbon, Malaga, Barcelona, Valencia, Mallorca, & Madrid are all forecasted for rain. Looking for anywhere in EU that isn’t freezing/soaking and has spots.
Considering flying to Las Palmas or Catania. I don’t have a lot of spots in either of those locations.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 04:53:17 AM by HateFV »

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1611
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #5924 on: November 16, 2019, 08:41:59 PM »
Broke my ankle this morning. Stoked to be back on SLAP but not stoked on why. Definitely stoked to have hit a "bottom " that has completely killed any desire for booze or cigarettes.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5925 on: November 17, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »
Broke my ankle this morning. Stoked to be back on SLAP but not stoked on why. Definitely stoked to have hit a "bottom " that has completely killed any desire for booze or cigarettes.

Sorry to hear that but, welcome back! Hoping for a speedy recovery process.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #5926 on: November 17, 2019, 08:08:10 PM »

heavy dude, so you will be laid out for a month?

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5927 on: November 27, 2019, 09:37:32 AM »
A few months ago someone from another department at the University I work at offered me a job. It was a pay grade above where I'm at now, and I've reached my max in my current position, meaning that I'm not going to get promoted or get any significant raises no matter how long I stay. I didn't want to take the job but I told my boss about the offer and asked what they could do to match it. My boss and her team did a lot to try to get my position reclassed into a higher pay grade because they all agree that I deserved it. My boss even wrote all the job reclass paperwork for me so I'd have the best chance of HR and the union signing off on it. I felt like I had everyone on my side, but after a month of waiting on HR, they denied the reclass. I'm really bummed because I had my boss and her team all backing me though this whole thing and someone who I don't know and won't ever work with denied me that chance to advance. They've done it for others in the past, so I don't know why they're denying me. They even did it for the other guy in the other department who offered me the other job that I didn't take, and the worst part about that is that guy works within a branding identity that I created, but he gets paid more. I'm bummed.

They are giving me a pretty decent bonus though, which is great, and will definitely help me get some house projects done, but it's not comparable to the salary increase I would've gotten.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #5928 on: November 28, 2019, 06:57:31 AM »
The good stuff

The bad stuff

Headed to the park tho, cbd flower joints kuz I'm ignorant
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #5929 on: November 29, 2019, 06:31:31 AM »
My mother is going back in for surgery a 3rd time.

I thought that I would cry for a minute but I faded.

Life is a toilet
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

GollyIamGully

• Rep: -8
« Reply #5930 on: November 29, 2019, 04:08:04 PM »
- Best wishes to you and your mom, assflea. My stoked on/Not stoked on isn't near as harsh.

-  I recently left my last job in the industry I have worked since i was a teenager. Going back to school isnt really an option, but I got an in working with at risk teenagers, which is something I've long had an interest in. It just is insanely nerve wracking to be applying to any sort of real job, after having an education and career doing something totally different, with skills that don't cross over into many other things.

I'm stoked on leaving something that I'm burnt out on, and just isn't going to get me where I need to go.

I'm not stoked on trying to enter a different career field where I'm dont have a bunch of flashy shit to wave at prospective employers.

Brguy

« Reply #5931 on: November 30, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »
I'm stoked to be going to the dentist on monday because my wisdom tooth is fucking slashing my gums right now.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5932 on: December 01, 2019, 08:28:46 AM »
Complained about getting ghosted after a one night stand/date thing a while ago and it had left me bummed out about the music I usually listened to because it reminded me of the person. I kinda began listening to New Wave and Indie music (open to recommendations) and it's been a nice shift. I have also begun to move past it and be okay with it.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5933 on: December 01, 2019, 08:42:15 AM »
Complained about getting ghosted after a one night stand/date thing a while ago and it had left me bummed out about the music I usually listened to because it reminded me of the person. I kinda began listening to New Wave and Indie music (open to recommendations) and it's been a nice shift. I have also begun to move past it and be okay with it.

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5934 on: December 01, 2019, 08:45:08 AM »
It’s amazing how annoying getting ghosted can be . I had read a few articles about it some
Time ago I’ll look and see if I can find the one I liked . aziz ansari Has a great book on dating . Anyway you weren’t here to keep going over that on to important matters 1st off to hell with that broad . There’s a good new wave thread in music. https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=72751.0
We talking Dino jr , early replacements , paul westerberg solo is amazing so frank black solo . I love the Afghan whigs . Go listen to gentlemen

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5935 on: December 01, 2019, 10:46:47 AM »
aziz ansari Has a great book on dating

correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that dude recently in a bunch of trouble for sexual harassment?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5936 on: December 01, 2019, 11:16:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that dude recently in a bunch of trouble for sexual harassment?
He was but I believe it was because a woman had a bad date and decided to slander him with false accusations.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5937 on: December 01, 2019, 11:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
He was but I believe it was because a woman had a bad date and decided to slander him with false accusations. Edit : also the book has to do with the change in dating such as how the cell phone era of dating . Talking to different generations about dating .

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #5938 on: December 01, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »
I am recording a podcast in a week for work. I’ve always found podcasting fun, from the tech to the creative side, and feel I’m better in the world of audio than my typical realm of video production. However, not stoked I’m recording it for a couple of engineers who are known to rant for hours on end, then having to turn it around within 5 hours from record to upload. Hoping my coworker in NY can handle the editing but he’s a total fucking flake and can’t trust him as far as I can throw him.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #5939 on: December 01, 2019, 07:02:09 PM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

I like it but it makes me want to focus my controllers and drink. I definitely want beersbad
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''