Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 717236 times)

Ramrod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6060 on: February 05, 2020, 12:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Took the car in for check engine ...time for a new car.

Looking for a new car is kinda fun but not  looking forward to new monthly payments
[close]
had this happen a few years back
it sucks having a car payment, but you win in other ways like knowing your car will start each and every time you put your key in the ignition
[close]
Goddamn man I know how that goes. I didn't get my first great condition car until I was like 27, when I bought pre-owned. After driving nothing but shitty cars all my life I was screaming on the road so happy. I proceeded to fly off the road in a desert state park like a month later, and fucked up the bumper and the body under the door, but that ain't the point, she still runs.

My first car some dude had to show me how to like tap a wire to the starter to get that shit going, it was always sketchy and you always needed someone to turn the key at the time you did it. Then my next car I always used to park way up the driveway so I could roll back, get enough speed and jump start it in reverse. Became a pro at jump starting for a while.
My dad intentionally bought me a shitty ass $600 car that required maintenance every other time i needed to start it.
1990 Toyota camry.. the seatbelt moved back automatically when it started.
One time, one of the belts under the hood broke, and i had no money for a tow. My homie took the laces from 2 pairs of old shoes out of my trunk and made a makeshift belt for me to drive home as best as i could.
I needed to go about 3 miles, and we made it to the apartment parking lot i lived in after an hour, and just pushed it into a parking space.
Fucking great memories lol

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1495
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6061 on: February 06, 2020, 03:33:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Took the car in for check engine ...time for a new car.

Looking for a new car is kinda fun but not  looking forward to new monthly payments
[close]
had this happen a few years back
it sucks having a car payment, but you win in other ways like knowing your car will start each and every time you put your key in the ignition
[close]
Goddamn man I know how that goes. I didn't get my first great condition car until I was like 27, when I bought pre-owned. After driving nothing but shitty cars all my life I was screaming on the road so happy. I proceeded to fly off the road in a desert state park like a month later, and fucked up the bumper and the body under the door, but that ain't the point, she still runs.

My first car some dude had to show me how to like tap a wire to the starter to get that shit going, it was always sketchy and you always needed someone to turn the key at the time you did it. Then my next car I always used to park way up the driveway so I could roll back, get enough speed and jump start it in reverse. Became a pro at jump starting for a while.
[close]
My dad intentionally bought me a shitty ass $600 car that required maintenance every other time i needed to start it.
1990 Toyota camry.. the seatbelt moved back automatically when it started.
One time, one of the belts under the hood broke, and i had no money for a tow. My homie took the laces from 2 pairs of old shoes out of my trunk and made a makeshift belt for me to drive home as best as i could.
I needed to go about 3 miles, and we made it to the apartment parking lot i lived in after an hour, and just pushed it into a parking space.
Fucking great memories lol

My father used to buy horrible used cars all my childhood (many embarrassing situations came out of this) and my mom's cars that I could drive after first getting my license weren't much better. Had quite a few embarrassing breakdowns in our small little town. One of the weirdest ones was the second generation VW Golf (Rabbit in the USA) with a plastic front bumper that would fall off quite easily.

At one occasion I actually scraped a car with a little bit (plastic doesn't do much against metal fortunately) while backing out of a parking space and that fucker fell off after 100m while I did a left turn and I did not realize it. After I noticed was it was gone, I went back to retrieve it only to have cops see me do it. They questioned me about how this happened and I lied successfully, but what a fucking sketchy situation.

Luckily for me though, my first car was brand new - I won a small car in 2012! I then realized what a joy it is to have brand new car that doesn't break down (it never did in the 6.5 years I had it), so my wife and I upgraded it with a new car and not a used one. Meanwhile our friends insist on buying "lightly used" (high mileage, but only a few years old) cars too boost their ego, so they can flaunt a bigger car than ours and then have it in the shop most of the time.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6062 on: February 06, 2020, 07:48:50 AM »
Stoked I won, but still waiting for my nintendo switch prize and 12 games from that lunchables sweepstakes. They said 8-10 weeks. Just got confirmation they finally began shipping the prizes today. So definitely over the time estimate haha. Super excited, but also not stoked it's taking so long, I have no patience

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #6063 on: February 07, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »
My works been pretty awful. I started getting panic attacks on my days off and the enviroment was terrible for the people and the dogs. I ended up quitting last sunday in the middle of the night before my shift. I ended getting hired at another place two days later for more pay and a much less stressful enviroment... I sort of also updated my dogs profile pictures at work to me holding them and flipping off the cameras. Not my most shining moment but the thought of them pulling up my dogs photos one of these days to find a photo of me shootin’ them the bird is just really hilarious to me. Either way im never taking my dogs there again.

So stoked to be gone and already have a new job lined up.

Not stoked by being unprofessional.

Stoked but Not stoked on photo thing. 

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #6064 on: February 07, 2020, 07:00:31 PM »
I have an interview with Netflix on Monday. I'm a good fit for the job, have a couple referrals from friends there so feel confident in it.

What I'm stoked on is their total compensation packages being much higher than most.

What I'm not stoked on is the prospect of possibly leaving my current job and if I get/take the job over there if I'll regret it. I work at a big tech company now and have it pretty good. Travel a decent amount, work from home most days, boss is super chill and some people on my team are my closest friends. Eventually, if it all goes well, I'll be at a fork in the road and trying to decide what's more important to me - a 30%+ raise or healthy work/life balance.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #6065 on: February 07, 2020, 11:19:37 PM »
I have an interview with Netflix on Monday. I'm a good fit for the job, have a couple referrals from friends there so feel confident in it.

What I'm stoked on is their total compensation packages being much higher than most.

What I'm not stoked on is the prospect of possibly leaving my current job and if I get/take the job over there if I'll regret it. I work at a big tech company now and have it pretty good. Travel a decent amount, work from home most days, boss is super chill and some people on my team are my closest friends. Eventually, if it all goes well, I'll be at a fork in the road and trying to decide what's more important to me - a 30%+ raise or healthy work/life balance.

This is the worst.

Every time I've taken a more stressful job for more $$$ I've spent all the extra cash on booze and other vices to help me cope with the stress. I've learned it doesn't work for me. But everyone is different. Hope you figure it out.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #6066 on: February 07, 2020, 11:32:36 PM »
Lots of snow here in Colorado, so stoked to snowboard all weekend with some good homies.

But because of the weather it took 9 hours to drive to copper, usually takes about 2.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6067 on: February 08, 2020, 02:01:37 AM »
Stoked I won, but still waiting for my nintendo switch prize and 12 games from that lunchables sweepstakes. They said 8-10 weeks. Just got confirmation they finally began shipping the prizes today. So definitely over the time estimate haha. Super excited, but also not stoked it's taking so long, I have no patience

Glad you are gonna get it. After seeing your post I was going onto the site for free entries daily under a bunch of family members names lol.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6068 on: February 09, 2020, 07:53:20 PM »
going back to canada in a few months for a wedding, stoked to see my friends, not stoked for a long flight/money just for a few weeks holiday

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #6069 on: February 11, 2020, 11:32:30 AM »
I was just told Saturday night that I would be getting a promotion and a raise at work. I come in on Sunday to work on inventory (new responsibility) and Monday night I'm told that I won't actually get the promotion or the raise until I finish a trial period of an undetermined length.

It was really just a miscommunication between my chef and the owner. I'm upset it wasn't immediate but hey, I'm still getting a raise in the next month or so.
Frontside grind blind on the government

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6070 on: February 13, 2020, 10:27:16 PM »
back home from tokyo. was an amazing trip but now I've got the vacation's over blues.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #6071 on: February 14, 2020, 04:27:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Glad you are gonna get it. After seeing your post I was going onto the site for free entries daily under a bunch of family members names lol.

Thanks haha yea you never know man! Just got it yesterday actually, posted a pic in things you're stoked on. So hyped!

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #6072 on: February 14, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »
My current job can best be described as glorified internship. The staff liked me so much that I ended up getting hired at another school. Sad to be leaving all the kids behind, but stoked on benefits and a better pay.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #6073 on: February 18, 2020, 12:39:05 AM »
Old manning it in the parking lot the other night and some annoying fat high school kid asks me if I'm like 30 years old, but he and his friends were trying to start a fight with me.

Stoked I still look 30, but not so stoked this fat ass piece of shit went out of his way to hassle me when I was just trying to roll around a spot I hadn't skated in years.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #6074 on: February 18, 2020, 08:12:21 PM »
I’m starting to get way too comfortable with enjoying a drink during the day.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1486
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6075 on: February 18, 2020, 09:43:03 PM »
I'm stoked that I'm getting better at using my cast iron wok (made garlic fried rice tonight). Not stoked my stove is electric so I can't do certain things you can do on a gas burner. I have a gas cartridge camping burner though, so I might give outdoor cooking a go until the insects recover from the cold.

Wok is similar to this and I got it for $8 from aldi.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6076 on: February 18, 2020, 10:33:58 PM »
Keeping pressure on the bosses at work. Today I was asked to speak with the highest in command who locks herself away like a cunt and laid out all the bullshit that's going on. Big meeting is getting called for everyone in the office, because I pointed out how much they have fucked everything up and how the people under her aren't telling her everything we are bringing up. How morale, customer service, and our numbers are at an all time low when we used to be the best office in the district all because of their shitty decisions. They started calling people in to get opinions and even the ones who are the most scared are throwing down some reverse uno cards.

It is a great feeling but it's also exhausting going to bat for everyone. It puts a target on my back with the supervisors, which I don't really give a fuck because nobody likes them and/or wants to hang out with them. But I think the big boss respected what I said today, and my coworkers for sure did. And now that it's out I don't really have to speak up for anyone anymore. Hopefully. People just need some fucking balls. We got a union, we got rights, I just don't understand how people can eat a shit sandwich day in and day out.

chuckles

• Rep: 16
« Reply #6077 on: February 19, 2020, 06:47:23 AM »
Felt really good when my coworker told me she took her son to the skatepark for the 1st time on the board that i gave him. Little guy had a great time and the older dudes helped him out and were super encouraging.  Not stoked that i'm not able to be out there myself until i get through yet another knee surgery.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #6078 on: February 19, 2020, 03:07:45 PM »
Gonna flip it and do not stoked first.

Not stoked my gf of 4 years and I just broke up 

Stoked to eventually find someone with similar goals in life

Not stoked again because I legit don’t know what to do by myself without someone around.

Stoked to have time to get back into my interests more

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6079 on: February 19, 2020, 08:37:44 PM »

Not stoked again because I legit don’t know what to do by myself without someone around.

May i ask why? Has there been a build up and you knew it was coming or did this happen out of the blue? Either way sucks to hear bro but hopefully the future hold some positivity for you and you can figure out who you are and what you want

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6080 on: February 19, 2020, 09:31:55 PM »
Going to move home to save up and get things in order. That's what I'm not really stoked on, it's nice to have privacy.

But the pro's far outweigh the cons. Saving Like a grand a month, the house is a huge 2 story that just my mom and sister live in. Will have the only room on the bottom floor, bathroom right there across from me. Can actually shit and shower comfortably compared to my cramped place. Nice new kitchen so I can cook real food, and can bbq after not being able to for years. My kitchen doesn't even have a vent fan so if you cook the wrong thing it stinks. Gonna have a garage again which I used to always work on projects in. First order of business is building a fun box. I'll be close to the city so I can go to good parks, and will be able to do more even though I'm saving money and paying bills. And I think it will be good for my mom and sister. I know they are excited but my sister never moved out and doesn't understand that it's weird coming home. It's just for like 6 months I think, so I can get bills paid off, get a place with my girlfriend and lock her phat booty down with a ring.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #6081 on: February 20, 2020, 03:37:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

May i ask why? Has there been a build up and you knew it was coming or did this happen out of the blue? Either way sucks to hear bro but hopefully the future hold some positivity for you and you can figure out who you are and what you want

It had been building for a bit. We both want different futures and there was some other issues that weren’t going away between us.

Going into it I was 24 just looking for something random now I’m 28/29 and I eventually want someone with similar goals in life.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #6082 on: February 20, 2020, 05:22:46 AM »
I went to church last night with a friend to see what it was like. It was pretty rad and I could feel the love that these people were feeling. I was stoked, just not really stoked on the whole "Saved by Jesus thing". I'm not a Jesus head but I'd like to go to feel a spiritual connection with something.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #6083 on: February 20, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »
Life

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6084 on: February 20, 2020, 09:39:40 AM »
I went to church last night with a friend to see what it was like. It was pretty rad and I could feel the love that these people were feeling. I was stoked, just not really stoked on the whole "Saved by Jesus thing". I'm not a Jesus head but I'd like to go to feel a spiritual connection with something.

I used to go to a 'skate church' where they'd let you skate their indoor park for a couple hours but halfway through you had to listen to a sermon. Not the biggest deal in the world and if you took the religious aspects out of if there were a lot of positive messages in what they had to say. The community aspect can be cool but banging you over the head with Jesus stuff can be a bit overbearing. Glad you were able to find something positive in your visit.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6085 on: February 20, 2020, 09:43:18 AM »

It's an act. If you don't believe me, spend more time with those people and you'll find out all the drama and gossip and bullshit that their group is caught up in. I went to church with my wifes family for a while and had an experience like yours early on. Didn't take long to see that so many people from that group were totally self-righteous and hypocritical.

I'm stoked/unstoked on my accounting tutor. Stoked that I'm getting help, otherwise this class would be torture. Not stoked on how hot she is. I met with her yesterday and she was all done up like she was going to the club. Full hair/makeup/nails. Shirt so low and open that her tits were just out. She had a bra on, but still, I didn't have to try to see them. I'm happily married, but sitting next to her looking like that when I'm trying to learn process costing bullshit made me pretty uncomfortable.   

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #6086 on: February 20, 2020, 09:44:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I used to go to a 'skate church' where they'd let you skate their indoor park for a couple hours but halfway through you had to listen to a sermon. Not the biggest deal in the world and if you took the religious aspects out of if there were a lot of positive messages in what they had to say. The community aspect can be cool but banging you over the head with Jesus stuff can be a bit overbearing. Glad you were able to find something positive in your visit.

Also went to skate church once (Portland?) and can agree it seemed wholesome.  Not for me perhaps but they were nothing but welcoming and skating the park was cool, I can definitely see the appeal
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6087 on: February 20, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Also went to skate church once (Portland?) and can agree it seemed wholesome.  Not for me perhaps but they were nothing but welcoming and skating the park was cool, I can definitely see the appeal

Yep, that's the one, Slippy. One of these days I'll run into you out here and I may or may not address you by your slap name.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #6088 on: February 20, 2020, 10:00:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's an act. If you don't believe me, spend more time with those people and you'll find out all the drama and gossip and bullshit that their group is caught up in. I went to church with my wifes family for a while and had an experience like yours early on. Didn't take long to see that so many people from that group were totally self-righteous and hypocritical.

I'm stoked/unstoked on my accounting tutor. Stoked that I'm getting help, otherwise this class would be torture. Not stoked on how hot she is. I met with her yesterday and she was all done up like she was going to the club. Full hair/makeup/nails. Shirt so low and open that her tits were just out. She had a bra on, but still, I didn't have to try to see them. I'm happily married, but sitting next to her looking like that when I'm trying to learn process costing bullshit made me pretty uncomfortable.
I am sure there is some drama, I don't really wanna be a super religious person, It's just nice to get out of the house. They gave me a bible to read and I've read it before, I like all the stories.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6089 on: February 20, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
We have some crazy church that stands on the corner sometimes with a megaphone telling you to repent and shit. It’s all kids. As soon as he yelled something about Kobe dying and using it to recruit members I slowed down and screamed “YOU’RE ALL INSANE, YOU’RE IN A CULT, FUCK YOUUUUU!”

Felt good. Also some weird kids knocked on my door Sunday when I was in a shitty mood. They wanted to share a quick inspirational quote from the Bible. I just said Nah I’m good and slammed the door.

I know it’s a bit dickish but fuck off. I’m playing video games you fucking psychos.