Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 717115 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6720 on: March 29, 2022, 08:11:29 PM »
i’m glad he smacked chris rock cause it was a bad joke. chris you’re a pro. gi jane my dude?! he’s smacking new ideas into ur dome

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6721 on: March 29, 2022, 08:38:55 PM »
Working from a cafe on the Oregon coast. It is nice and the nature here is amazing, but the Jesus soundtrack and the guys discussing gun control is killing me.

Where ya at?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 842
« Reply #6722 on: March 31, 2022, 11:43:45 PM »
Russian troops abandoned Chernobyl and are retreating to Belarus. According to the workers at the plant, the Russian generals had their soldiers building earthen fortifications in the fucking exclusion zone (this should give you some idea about how smart these people are), one of the most radioactive places on earth. Predictably, people started getting sick very fast and there was a near mutiny.

Obviously not stoked about the circumstances, but it really sounds like there's a serious morale issue in the Russian military. Putin has to be absolutely fuming, can you imagine how much it must bother a dude with a small dick to just fail miserably like this?

Sharp-o

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #6723 on: April 01, 2022, 02:36:04 AM »
New job.

Last job was boring in a lot of ways, job turned to shit as soon as they called us back into the office, and the pay was less than fair remuneration, and I was always working. BUT, I had a lot of vacation time, it was a super safe career path, the 401K matching was amazing (2 dollars for every dollar I pitched in but only up to 2K per year) and the hours were very very flexible. I bailed when the boss told me that my promotion would only lead to some bullshit raise that wouldn't change my life at all.

New job pays almost double the last job, it is 100% remote, and it could lead to a job that pays well enough to actually enjoy life in SF or Vancouver without 60 roommates. But, I lost a lot of vacation time and the job is going to be insanely boring.

My life revolved around my old job for so long, it'll be weird to have to develop a new sense of self.

nice man working 100% remote might be wierd tho atleast i couldnt do that
but congrats

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6724 on: April 01, 2022, 08:28:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Working from a cafe on the Oregon coast. It is nice and the nature here is amazing, but the Jesus soundtrack and the guys discussing gun control is killing me.
[close]

Where ya at?

I've done a few nights near Coos Bay and Tillamook. No real destination other Astoria to do some Goonies sight seeing.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6725 on: April 01, 2022, 08:28:31 AM »
Honzo the cat pooped so he will live. Not stoked he did it on my new rug
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6726 on: April 01, 2022, 12:17:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where ya at?
[close]

I've done a few nights near Coos Bay and Tillamook. No real destination other Astoria to do some Goonies sight seeing.

Right on. There's all kinds of skate parks up and down Oregon. Super old boy land, for sure. I like driving the coast most of the way when I head up to Eugene. Pretty sweet driving

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #6727 on: April 01, 2022, 02:29:36 PM »
Russian troops abandoned Chernobyl and are retreating to Belarus. According to the workers at the plant, the Russian generals had their soldiers building earthen fortifications in the fucking exclusion zone (this should give you some idea about how smart these people are), one of the most radioactive places on earth. Predictably, people started getting sick very fast and there was a near mutiny.

Obviously not stoked about the circumstances, but it really sounds like there's a serious morale issue in the Russian military. Putin has to be absolutely fuming, can you imagine how much it must bother a dude with a small dick to just fail miserably like this?
We've got to stop with small dick shaming. Ain't no one got control over that. And we don't want to be compared to Putin.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #6728 on: April 01, 2022, 09:53:31 PM »
Heard a song in an edit years ago and could never find out the name of it. Finally got it last night. Stoked.
Turns out it was a self released album by a band that has been broken up for sometime now. Bummed, since the chances of getting the album now are pretty fucking slim.
Side note, if anyone has a copy of Hail Seizures Fucked Up Zoo they want to sell, PLEASE hit me up.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #6729 on: April 02, 2022, 08:52:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
We've got to stop with small dick shaming. Ain't no one got control over that. And we don't want to be compared to Putin.
Agreed nothing makes me more upset but my dick is huge for the record

Brguy

« Reply #6730 on: April 02, 2022, 09:40:12 AM »
We should go back to the old greece ways and act like big dicks are for vulgar, barbaric people. Just like I am, for the record.

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #6731 on: April 04, 2022, 09:03:16 AM »
Anything Nike that I actually want gets bought immediately by resellers. I probably would have looked stupid wearing those Dunks or hoodie, so LRAB can take my money instead of Nike/CONS.

Edit:
Shitposting in a class discussion board to get more points to pad by grade.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 05:18:55 PM by SchizophrenicFatBoy »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #6732 on: April 04, 2022, 09:47:57 AM »
We should go back to the old greece ways and act like big dicks are for vulgar, barbaric people. Just like I am, for the record.

harder to fuck kids with so naturally the grecians were against them

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6733 on: April 04, 2022, 04:26:24 PM »
went out in the damp and the rain for the whole weekend a few days ago looking for rocks. found rocks. found FOSSILS (graptolites). i am now sick as fuck. at least i have some rocks.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #6734 on: April 04, 2022, 08:00:08 PM »
coworker leaving to work at a local distributor. hyped for him, but we are fucked for staffing now.

also no shot i can take time off now... been year and a half and i havent taken more than a day off

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6735 on: April 05, 2022, 11:47:36 AM »
sitting on the 5th floor of a building on the university campus. Been here 3x in the past 7 days after not having been here in2 years due to covid. used to live a mile or so up through the forest, 800 ft elevation gain, and hiked back and forth every day that whole first year, during 2019, early 2020. Nice to be back here during the last few weeks of this program, not super stoked on having to find something else to do. I'm finally fully transitioned out of working outside/labor, built a good program at the job this year, flexing my head during classes and research. Now, it's all coming to a close and I've gotta find something else to do. not wicked stoked on that aspect

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #6736 on: April 05, 2022, 11:55:12 AM »
Been working a full time job , money is alright . Less free time to spend wallowing. Barely skate anymore but I guess that’s growing up

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1377
« Reply #6737 on: April 06, 2022, 03:08:55 PM »
I started a new part-time job at a hotel to make extra money. I've only been there for about a month and a half. I'm not going to be there forever, just until I build up enough savings for a mortgage, which should be in October or November.

There's a waitress in the restaurant hotel I find attractive, looks and personality-wise. I don't know too much about her, but I like what I've seen so far. We've chatted briefly.

I'd like to get to know her more, but A) I'm only there two times a week, B) she's there sporadically and I'm not sure when I'll see her again, C) I don't put myself out there too much, and D) I know creating a work relationship has its dangers.

On that last point, I contacted several of my (male) co-workers to ask if she's single - one of them didn't know, the other didn't respond. I'm cool with both of them, they're supportive and nice (I hope the guy who didn't respond isn't offended/wary of me now. I eventually apologized for asking, still no response). But as a friend of mine pointed out, it's tricky to bring other people into the situation because they may not want to be involved, and it may be problematic for them if things go south in the future. Which is true, I wasn't thinking about that; only thought it'd be a friendly question.

I know life isn't a movie or TV show, it's best to keep things mellow and friendly in the beginning - it's just that we'll see each other so rarely that I feel I need to take every opportunity to find out more about her. If she's not single, or younger than I think, for instance - that way I can leave it at that and move on. Or, start looking around other places and keep her in mind, but I'm not really that guy.

There are other waitresses who work with her, so I'm contemplating whether or not to ask them for more details about her, but I don't want to press myself on them or say the wrong thing. I need help, I'm tired of doing everything by myself to start a relationship, and tired of being alone as other people sing my praises, and tired of feeling like I'm doing or feeling the wrong thing. My separation has taken a real toll on me and I need to be happier than I am.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6738 on: April 06, 2022, 07:42:52 PM »
More not stoked with a tiny bit of stoked.
Halfcab cost $190 in Australia now. That's as much as dunks Jordans etc. I remember when they were half that. (Altho the newer ones are whatever pro thingo). But I guess it stops me from buying more stuff. I've already got what could actually be a life's supply of shoes

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6739 on: April 07, 2022, 03:35:24 AM »
Borrowed a tv but the things fucking gigantic. It's like 65 inches or something. I only need maybe half that. Its like that scene from the i.t crowd i can literally stick my foot out and touch the tv.
Also went out to the car and realised the entire street can see it playing my 80s Italian horror movie that's basically softcore with a bit of murder plot put in.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #6740 on: April 10, 2022, 05:44:16 PM »
Saw this at the Smithsonian. Was surprised then sad.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6741 on: April 11, 2022, 12:35:12 PM »
I started a new part-time job at a hotel to make extra money. I've only been there for about a month and a half. I'm not going to be there forever, just until I build up enough savings for a mortgage, which should be in October or November.

There's a waitress in the restaurant hotel I find attractive, looks and personality-wise. I don't know too much about her, but I like what I've seen so far. We've chatted briefly.

I'd like to get to know her more, but A) I'm only there two times a week, B) she's there sporadically and I'm not sure when I'll see her again, C) I don't put myself out there too much, and D) I know creating a work relationship has its dangers.

On that last point, I contacted several of my (male) co-workers to ask if she's single - one of them didn't know, the other didn't respond. I'm cool with both of them, they're supportive and nice (I hope the guy who didn't respond isn't offended/wary of me now. I eventually apologized for asking, still no response). But as a friend of mine pointed out, it's tricky to bring other people into the situation because they may not want to be involved, and it may be problematic for them if things go south in the future. Which is true, I wasn't thinking about that; only thought it'd be a friendly question.

I know life isn't a movie or TV show, it's best to keep things mellow and friendly in the beginning - it's just that we'll see each other so rarely that I feel I need to take every opportunity to find out more about her. If she's not single, or younger than I think, for instance - that way I can leave it at that and move on. Or, start looking around other places and keep her in mind, but I'm not really that guy.

There are other waitresses who work with her, so I'm contemplating whether or not to ask them for more details about her, but I don't want to press myself on them or say the wrong thing. I need help, I'm tired of doing everything by myself to start a relationship, and tired of being alone as other people sing my praises, and tired of feeling like I'm doing or feeling the wrong thing. My separation has taken a real toll on me and I need to be happier than I am.

I was thinking the other day about a time I asked a coworker for the deets on a girl at work and it ended up in a stupid situation where a girl I was friendly with ended up weirded out because of whatever this kid said to her. I should have just said "hey, Naila, wanna hang out?"

Maybe just ask her to have a drink or something

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6742 on: April 13, 2022, 12:07:14 AM »
root canal treatment

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #6743 on: April 13, 2022, 10:26:36 AM »
The impermanence of all things.

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #6744 on: April 14, 2022, 12:56:01 PM »
I smoked weed even though I shouldn't. It just makes me feel really weird, in a non-enjoyable way, which is the complete opposite effect it had for the past 10-12 years of my life.

A couple days ago, I had two pints and a couple mixed drinks, which resulted in a hangover. The whole next day was a complete waste. I used to be an alcoholic, and technically am because I consumed more than 2-3 drinks in a night.

It's probably a good thing alcohol and weed aren't as fun as it used to be when I was younger. Plus, it just seems like it's not mixing well with my medication. I struggle to be productive for more than 8 hours a day.

At this point, I finally accept that I have an addictive personality and just need to spend an hour playing guitar or skating flatground every time I feel like smoking or drinking. I can either be productive or hedonistic, but not both. What works for my friends, and a lot of people, doesn't and hasn't worked out for me.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6745 on: April 16, 2022, 01:40:58 AM »
I smoked weed even though I shouldn't. It just makes me feel really weird, in a non-enjoyable way, which is the complete opposite effect it had for the past 10-12 years of my life.

A couple days ago, I had two pints and a couple mixed drinks, which resulted in a hangover. The whole next day was a complete waste. I used to be an alcoholic, and technically am because I consumed more than 2-3 drinks in a night.

It's probably a good thing alcohol and weed aren't as fun as it used to be when I was younger. Plus, it just seems like it's not mixing well with my medication. I struggle to be productive for more than 8 hours a day.

At this point, I finally accept that I have an addictive personality and just need to spend an hour playing guitar or skating flatground every time I feel like smoking or drinking. I can either be productive or hedonistic, but not both. What works for my friends, and a lot of people, doesn't and hasn't worked out for me.

FWIW I was in the same boat where I smoked daily for years than suddenly stopped enjoying it in my mid-late 20s and stopped for 8 years. Last year I got my medical card really out of curiosity more than anything and started trying a bunch of different stuff - sometimes it didn't go well but eventually I learned enough and figured out what worked best for me and ended up kind of falling in love with it again.

If you have med/red access and do start smoking again I would maybe try something that's very happy and light like Jack Herer for daytime or blueberry for evenings.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6746 on: April 16, 2022, 02:03:55 AM »
Was looking for something in the basement and found this. Almost started crying.

It was given to me by a super cool Ukrainian kid who lived above me a few years ago. He was smart as fuck (like full ride to Carnegie Mellon smart) and really cool. Kinda that shy nerdy  type but not weird or awkward, you could talk to him about girls and sports just as easily as computers and video games. I met him when I sold him some old furniture and we realized we were both pc gamers so over the next year or so any time he needed a piece of computer equipment or something broke he'd come down and knock on my door and we'd geek out for a little while. I don't usually get too friendly with the kids in my building since they rarely stay more than a semester or two, but I couldn't help it with him. Before he left he came down to shake my hand and gave me this magnet and I had honestly mostly forgotten about all of this until I saw it and memories started flooding in.

Obviously we all know what's going on over there. I really, really hope he's over here somewhere using that big brain to make enough money to move his loved ones over. I miss you and I hope to run into you again some day Aleks. Fuck Putin.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #6747 on: April 16, 2022, 10:05:58 PM »
Had an amazing dinner paid for in full by the owner of one of our favorite restaurants by randomly sitting by him at the bar.

Not stoked on enduring the rich full of himself cunt that had his head so far up his own ass. Basically will Arnett from hot rod.

I did find $50 cash on the ground walking there so I literally made money tonight taking my gf out.  Worth it in the end swallowing my hate

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6748 on: April 18, 2022, 04:09:06 AM »
Woke up and watched that new Penny part and got super stoked to skate, looked out a window and it’s fucking snowing. Get it together Michigan.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6749 on: April 19, 2022, 08:01:20 AM »
There's a bunch of Transworld videos on tubi. (I haven't checked they're probably also on YouTube anyway) but watching them it's like vx fetish videos. Half the tricks are beyond yellow. Super close fisheye that's like looking into a washing machine. Dad cam long lens. And personal pet peeve when the skater goes from shadow to light but the filmer doesn't adjust and half the clip is just completely blown out.