Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93154 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #420 on: March 17, 2020, 04:20:22 PM »
Expand Quote

While I was driving around I wondered if this could make some ppl move out of higher population areas. Fear of another pandemic could turn ppl into rural preppers.
[close]

This thought has crossed my mind. I’d be a little less stressed out about this if I were in the boonies somewhere. If anything goes south I feel like the number of people here just make everything that much worse.

I’m a little worried about unrest if this goes beyond two weeks and even then I’m worried the economic engine won’t start right.

I’m only here for the Mexican, Vietnamese, and Middle Eastern food anyway.

I had a dream a month ago where I saw missiles launching out my window and I yelled at my wife “fill the tub!” like in The Road. Upon waking I was like “why do I live in a target rich environment? It’s not something that I lose a lot of sleep over but maybe it’s a valid question now that I’m too old for cool bars.

yo mang, I live in a county that likes like 4052 sq miles, or 2.6million acres. Our population is under 130k. All of a sudden, I'm seeing hella ouuuutlanders, coming in from all around to "gte away." all their doing is bringing the sickness with them.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

lady fanny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -52
« Reply #421 on: March 17, 2020, 05:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

While I was driving around I wondered if this could make some ppl move out of higher population areas. Fear of another pandemic could turn ppl into rural preppers.
[close]

This thought has crossed my mind. I’d be a little less stressed out about this if I were in the boonies somewhere. If anything goes south I feel like the number of people here just make everything that much worse.

I’m a little worried about unrest if this goes beyond two weeks and even then I’m worried the economic engine won’t start right.

I had a dream a month ago where I saw missiles launching out my window and I yelled at my wife “fill the tub!” like in The Road. Upon waking I was like “why do I live in a target rich environment? It’s not something that I lose a lot of sleep over but maybe it’s a valid question now that I’m too old for cool bars.
[close]

yo mang, I live in a county that likes like 4052 sq miles, or 2.6million acres. Our population is under 130k. All of a sudden, I'm seeing hella ouuuutlanders, coming in from all around to "gte away." all their doing is bringing the sickness with them.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1015
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #422 on: March 17, 2020, 06:19:28 PM »
Pretty crazy everywhere...here in L.A. it feels like everyone is 'just waiting' for it to become a mass outbreak here, slow to close schools, public businesses, etc., (and I get it, there is a lot of infrastructure to think about)...don't be fooled, 100 [reported] deaths in the states, it's hit all 50 states now and we are waaaaaay behind in testing, areas of spiking over night with confirmed cases due to finally being tested...way more people have it than we think and it's only going to spike higher in the next few weeks as we peak..

Stay safe and hit that driveway!

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #423 on: March 17, 2020, 06:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The night Tom Hanks told us he has the coronavirus AND they put the NBA on hiatus, I said "F this" and bought over $700 worth of non-perishables at Vons, most of it on club price so I paid only $360.

Work is giving me the option to work from home, which I will probably take them up on.
[close]

Pretty much exactly what my girlfriend and I did, but even earlier than that. Pretty much when china went to shit. Luckily with her money since I'm a  broke bitch right now. Grabbed as much shit as we could. I didn't panic buy a bunch of nonsense but I sure as shit made sure we would be alright. The grocery stores were still stocked totally fine when I went. With just toilet paper and rice being mildly sparse but still around. I've also been generally prepping for years now so luckily I had a small advantage.

I really hope everyone can get what they need and will be alright. Despite some people talking shit online, I don't feel bad at all for buying as much food as I did. I have to put my girlfriend and myself above some random person and when I bought shit, there was still plenty.  The writing was on the wall weeks ago about this shit. If you had the money to get what you needed before the panic buying set in, I have a hard time feeling bad for you if you didn't.
[close]

The problem is that there are so many typical selfish Americans like yourself, complete with the "fuck you I got mine" attitude, that are hoarding resources.

But what else is there to expect from a country that tramples people to death over a 20% mark off on TV's during Black Friday. I'm truly disgusted by this country and our people right now and I'm sure the next couple weeks will be even more confirmation of those feelings.

Yeah, except I'm not "hoarding resources." I saw China building giant ass temporary hospitals and thought to myself, "hey, I should make sure my girlfriend and I have enough food for a month or more. And then I went and did that with her. While the toilet paper was still stocked and everything else was there as well. I don't find that to be a fuck everyone else type of attitude. Where do you draw the line if you do? Are preppers assholes for having a pallet of toilet paper, if they bought that pallet of TP ten months ago when nothing was wrong? No, they aren't. So I don't feel bad and I'm not going to feel bad and to be honest, I've been in desperate ass situations, situations where I was hungry for a half a year at a time and where I didn't know if I was going to get through it and I'll tell you right now, I'd rather have enough food and have you think I'm an asshole than go hungry. Plus, if I was working and went ahead and lost my job, I'd sure as shit be glad I "hoarded" food.

To me, there are quite a few people that have been truly fucked. People that were left hanging and haven't gotten enough shit because they were in a situation that they truly couldn't help and they couldn't get what they need. Then there are a lot more people who took this jokingly and didn't give a shit about the fact that people panic buy food and shit and there are mass shortages in literally every emergency. I don't feel bad for the latter.

I'll never feel bad for preparing and it seems silly how burned out people are getting about that facf. Not everyone is hoarding. Some people are just smart enough, with enough resources, to have properly prepared for this.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #424 on: March 17, 2020, 06:50:05 PM »
Kc is closing reatraunts for the next 2 weeks drive through still open. Not trying to stress too much about it went skating today and the park was empty so thats dope

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #425 on: March 17, 2020, 07:02:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The night Tom Hanks told us he has the coronavirus AND they put the NBA on hiatus, I said "F this" and bought over $700 worth of non-perishables at Vons, most of it on club price so I paid only $360.

Work is giving me the option to work from home, which I will probably take them up on.
[close]

Pretty much exactly what my girlfriend and I did, but even earlier than that. Pretty much when china went to shit. Luckily with her money since I'm a  broke bitch right now. Grabbed as much shit as we could. I didn't panic buy a bunch of nonsense but I sure as shit made sure we would be alright. The grocery stores were still stocked totally fine when I went. With just toilet paper and rice being mildly sparse but still around. I've also been generally prepping for years now so luckily I had a small advantage.

I really hope everyone can get what they need and will be alright. Despite some people talking shit online, I don't feel bad at all for buying as much food as I did. I have to put my girlfriend and myself above some random person and when I bought shit, there was still plenty.  The writing was on the wall weeks ago about this shit. If you had the money to get what you needed before the panic buying set in, I have a hard time feeling bad for you if you didn't.
[close]

The problem is that there are so many typical selfish Americans like yourself, complete with the "fuck you I got mine" attitude, that are hoarding resources.

But what else is there to expect from a country that tramples people to death over a 20% mark off on TV's during Black Friday. I'm truly disgusted by this country and our people right now and I'm sure the next couple weeks will be even more confirmation of those feelings.
[close]

Yeah, except I'm not "hoarding resources." I saw China building giant ass temporary hospitals and thought to myself, "hey, I should make sure my girlfriend and I have enough food for a month or more. And then I went and did that with her. While the toilet paper was still stocked and everything else was there as well. I don't find that to be a fuck everyone else type of attitude. Where do you draw the line if you do? Are preppers assholes for having a pallet of toilet paper, if they bought that pallet of TP ten months ago when nothing was wrong? No, they aren't. So I don't feel bad and I'm not going to feel bad and to be honest, I've been in desperate ass situations, situations where I was hungry for a half a year at a time and where I didn't know if I was going to get through it and I'll tell you right now, I'd rather have enough food and have you think I'm an asshole than go hungry. Plus, if I was working and went ahead and lost my job, I'd sure as shit be glad I "hoarded" food.

To me, there are quite a few people that have been truly fucked. People that were left hanging and haven't gotten enough shit because they were in a situation that they truly couldn't help and they couldn't get what they need. Then there are a lot more people who took this jokingly and didn't give a shit about the fact that people panic buy food and shit and there are mass shortages in literally every emergency. I don't feel bad for the latter.

I'll never feel bad for preparing and it seems silly how burned out people are getting about that facf. Not everyone is hoarding. Some people are just smart enough, with enough resources, to have properly prepared for this.

"People with a pallet of toilet paper weren't assholes 10 months ago."
Yes they were assholes. "Preppers" are total dipshits.

"Some people are smart enough to panic buy"

Panic buying doesn't do shit for anyone but make the situation worse. You might have gotten a short term safety blanket, but you made it worse for yourself and everyone else. You're attempting to rationalize being a complete dick, just like all the other panic buyers that you think are different from.

Shit, I hope that "I got mine" attitude works out for you if there is an economic crisis or some other crisis associated with this. I don't foresee the grocery stores going out of business or American/Mexican farms being unable to produce food, but I could see a ton of people losing their jobs if the health crisis drags on. I'm sure all your salaried work-remotely not-first-to-be-laid-off neighbors will remember the guy who was gloating about how smart he was for panic buying all the toilet paper. 

If everyone acted reasonably we all could easily maintain some relative normalcy. I went to the market and the pharmacy today and things seemed relatively normal. Way to go Canada.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:06:12 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #426 on: March 17, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »
Recession is gonna start with restaurant industry. So many layoffs already.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #427 on: March 17, 2020, 07:17:58 PM »
I don’t think buying enough food for a few weeks is being selfish. People hoarding Tylenol and toilet paper are assholes. Who knows what’s going to happen in the coming weeks though. They’re already taking about the schools being closed for the remainder of the year, when last Friday it was until early April.

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #428 on: March 17, 2020, 07:34:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Panic buying doesn't do shit for anyone but make the situation worse. You might have gotten a short term safety blanket, but you made it worse for yourself and everyone else. You're attempting to rationalize being a complete dick, just like all the other panic buyers that you think are different from.

Shit, I hope that "I got mine" attitude works out for you if there is an economic crisis or some other crisis associated with this. I don't foresee the grocery stores going out of business or American/Mexican farms being unable to produce food, but I could see a ton of people losing their jobs if the health crisis drags on. I'm sure all your salaried work-remotely not-first-to-be-laid-off neighbors will remember the guy who was gloating about how smart he was for panic buying all the toilet paper. 

If everyone acted reasonably we all could easily maintain some relative normalcy. I went to the market and the pharmacy today and things seemed relatively normal. Way to go Canada.
preppers aren't assholes, they're gonna be prepared while you gotta pimp your girl for a little bit of money just to get something to eat. you ever think about that?
seriously though, preppers, nothing but respect. maybe it seemed paranoid but now it seems wise.
panic shoppers can get fucked. people who don't panic, don't prep and just 'cool guy' it? see how cool you are when you haven't eaten in days. TP isn't important, shelter, food and water are necessary.
i checked out that paradox grip page, he is posting some relevant content. some still seems out there [adrenachrome] but pizzagate seemed crazy before Epstein's pediphile island became common knowledge.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: March 17, 2020, 07:37:36 PM »
fuck all cool guy-ers!

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #430 on: March 17, 2020, 08:36:00 PM »
fr where the fuck can i find toilet paper still. I swear to god every store that carries it is  out. I'm not panicked about the whole situation and i got like 4 rolls left, but like i'm gonna need some at some point...

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2020, 08:56:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You literally went and misquoted me but nice way to support your narrative.

At the end of the day,  I want everyone to have what they need. That being said, you're full of shit if you're pretending you won't put yourself first to survive and if you had the means to prep early and you didn't its you're own fault. The writing has been on the walls for weeks before panic buying .

I find it funny people would say preppers are stupid. Paranoid,  yeah, but any aspect of personality that helps you survive better or longer than another person doesn't seem stupid. Potentially callous yeah, but not stupid.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:58:00 PM by drewsmahgoos »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1489
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #432 on: March 17, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »
I have a bidet, but just searched for portable bidet on amazon and there are some options for people who live in apartments and can't make alterations to the fixtures in their unit. That's one way to maximize your reserves.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #433 on: March 17, 2020, 09:45:43 PM »
I'm an essential worker supposedly. Our director made a statement to the news about how proud she is that we are all dedicated to assisting the public when none of us actually want to be there at all.

Last night they had this emergency meeting about everyone having to stay in their cubicles and you aren't allowed to enter anyone elses, so this morning they had a scavenger hunt for 2 leprechauns and had everyone run around the office touching everything and moving shit to find them.

I work with a bunch of fucking idiots.

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #434 on: March 17, 2020, 09:49:59 PM »
I have a bidet, but just searched for portable bidet on amazon and there are some options for people who live in apartments and can't make alterations to the fixtures in their unit. That's one way to maximize your reserves.

Do you just hook it up to your water line in the toilet? A good tip for any heavy weed smokers right now is to be cbd buds online. Some places even sell trim dirt cheap. You can add it to regular weed to stretch it out.  Foodwise, I made a lot of chili. Really easy to stretch it with rice for nutrient dense meals.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #436 on: March 17, 2020, 10:05:06 PM »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #437 on: March 17, 2020, 10:06:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you just hook it up to your water line in the toilet? A good tip for any heavy weed smokers right now is to be cbd buds online. Some places even sell trim dirt cheap. You can add it to regular weed to stretch it out.  Foodwise, I made a lot of chili. Really easy to stretch it with rice for nutrient dense meals.
Of course, the one I bought for $25 last August is sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TPGPUW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's pretty basic plumbing and yes, just a hookup to water line. I got used to the water being cold as fuck in the winter since it doesn't take long to blast the shit off your butthole.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:08:09 PM by layzieyez »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #438 on: March 17, 2020, 10:22:56 PM »
i checked out that paradox grip page, he is posting some relevant content. some still seems out there [adrenachrome] but pizzagate seemed crazy before Epstein's pediphile island became common knowledge.

Checking paradox grip's social media and giving benefit of the doubt to pizzagate now? Figured mentioning Kalergi plan was just your mask slipping but I guess you're just incredibly stupid.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #439 on: March 17, 2020, 10:29:23 PM »
My first two tests came out negative.

I should hear about the third later today. Pretty happy it appears I just have a flu.
Gentleman ninja warlock

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #440 on: March 17, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »
Betaphenylethylalamine of Corona

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #441 on: March 17, 2020, 11:27:13 PM »
Betaphenylethylalamine of Corona

Lol

Be safe out there folks
Gentleman ninja warlock

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
« Reply #442 on: March 17, 2020, 11:41:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

nailed it, bruv. thank you
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #443 on: March 18, 2020, 04:34:30 AM »
My first two tests came out negative.

I should hear about the third later today. Pretty happy it appears I just have a flu.
how was the test?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: March 18, 2020, 04:38:00 AM »
Two mouth swabs test and a blood sample
Gentleman ninja warlock

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #445 on: March 18, 2020, 04:38:12 AM »
They stick a swab in your nose and in your throat. Feels like poking your nose

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #446 on: March 18, 2020, 04:40:43 AM »
14 deaths so far in Belgium. The youngest victim was 59 I think, so I'm not tripping. but total lockdown starts today.
Kinda worried about my parents near Paris though.

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #447 on: March 18, 2020, 05:32:24 AM »
No bars or restaurants but still no sleep, no travel even outside the confines of your house, panicky thoughts about unlikely imminent death----now the whole world knows what it's like to have a baby.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:58:27 AM by one-off »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #448 on: March 18, 2020, 05:37:47 AM »
No bars or restaurants but still no sleep, no travel even outside the confines of your house, panicky thoughts about unlikely imminent death----now the whole world know what it's like to have a baby.

Lol.

Banks closed too, so online or machine services only for now

My son in law went to buy beer yesterday and said there was so many people there that they just started walking out with booze. Keep in mind it's a small place with only 1 or 2 employees so theyll got casually looted over beer.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:40:41 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #449 on: March 18, 2020, 05:50:28 AM »
I still do not perceive this as an existential threat. I guess I will continue trying to calm those around me.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.