Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93155 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #570 on: March 21, 2020, 01:29:27 PM »
Why do you know so many shit eaters?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #571 on: March 21, 2020, 01:37:57 PM »
Unfortunately, relatives. I got a huge fam.
Now that I think about it, I might just attract them like moths to a flame.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #572 on: March 21, 2020, 02:55:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I heard it takes one to know one

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #573 on: March 21, 2020, 03:22:59 PM »
First confirmed case of corona in my city was just announced.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:19:14 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -449
« Reply #574 on: March 21, 2020, 03:42:34 PM »
its all a bunch of hype and overreaction for the deathly medical companies to get rich off.  ppl in they're 20's and younger are mostly immune to it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #575 on: March 21, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just got an email from my apartment manager telling people to properly flush their shit and properly dispose of diapers ...like it’s been an issue for them

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #576 on: March 21, 2020, 05:18:49 PM »
First confirmed  case of corona in my city was just announced.

Johnes on Corona

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #577 on: March 21, 2020, 05:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
First confirmed  case of corona in my city was just announced.
[close]

Johnes on Corona
Oops didn’t mean i was lol. But someone in my city just got confirmed to have it .
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #578 on: March 21, 2020, 05:34:37 PM »
NYC officially the US epicenter. #1 baby! Does this mean we’ll be done with it first? Idk how science works. Help me Neil Degrasse Tyson. I’m drunk.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1105
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #579 on: March 21, 2020, 05:42:37 PM »
First confirmed case of corona in my city was just announced.

My city been had it, B
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #580 on: March 21, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I just got an email from my apartment manager telling people to properly flush their shit and properly dispose of diapers ...like it’s been an issue for them

My grandma's apartment playground was floored for a couple of months until they found out a diaper was plugging the main pipe. Someone flushed it. I wouldn't be surprised if some stupid people start doing shit like that.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #581 on: March 21, 2020, 06:21:05 PM »
all yall numbers are way higher too though, we just have tests now and are testing lots of people so the numbers climbing fast.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #582 on: March 21, 2020, 08:05:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

My grandma's apartment playground was floored for a couple of months until they found out a diaper was plugging the main pipe. Someone flushed it. I wouldn't be surprised if some stupid people start doing shit like that.
Damn... probably explains why we’ve been having water shut off issues

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #583 on: March 21, 2020, 09:03:41 PM »
Because of the situation I'm getting 0 hours of work. Wish I got a CA state ID shortly after moving.. I tried filing for unemployment, I get as far as it will take me in application process online, at the end it shows that I should call a phone number for the agency. When I call the automated message tells me to go to the website/online portal. Useless. Can you see why I have a disdain for the public sector.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 09:07:36 PM by lazer69 »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #584 on: March 21, 2020, 10:41:06 PM »
Because of the situation I'm getting 0 hours of work. Wish I got a CA state ID shortly after moving.. I tried filing for unemployment, I get as far as it will take me in application process online, at the end it shows that I should call a phone number for the agency. When I call the automated message tells me to go to the website/online portal. Useless. Can you see why I have a disdain for the public sector.

1) you realize bureacracy is an aspect of all large organizations right?

2) I tried to contact my cell provider to change my monthly plan and they ran me around in circles for hours yesterday.

The best part was when I told one rep that I needed to change my plan for the month because I'm stuck in Canada and my family is in the USA and I can't afford calling the USA to cost 20 cents a minute. After an hour of taking to 3 reps and tons of bullshit, the rep told me I needed to go to the USA to switch my plan so I can get the ability to call my family in the USA.

Unreal. Any and all large organization are difficult as all hell to interact with if something is slightly out of the ordinary.

3) that sucks you have to deal with this shit to get some help. Are there any other numbers you can call? Or can you hit zero to get an operator or something to eventually to get transferred to someone who can help?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:44:46 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #585 on: March 21, 2020, 10:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

My wife's cousin used to own about 70 properties around the city back before the RE market crash of the early 2000s, he said that no fewer than 5 times over a decade during those years, he had people trying to flush diapers and wondering why their toilet was clogged and overflowing.  And, apparently, they'd get angry when he'd explain that they CANNOT do it again or they'd have to pay the costs themselves for all repairs. 

Some people just weren't given the good sense to make even entry-level decisions, and apparently, he was their landlord.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #586 on: March 22, 2020, 12:16:18 AM »
I'm in California, I work for a really progressive employer and they had us start working from home because of it on 3/2 and advised us to stay inside since then, before that I had a cold so I've been home for almost 30 days and i'm honestly getting really stir crazy. We have ordinances to stay in home here until beginning of April but you can still go out for essential stuff. 

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #587 on: March 22, 2020, 01:43:49 AM »
I'm in California, I work for a really progressive employer and they had us start working from home because of it on 3/2 and advised us to stay inside since then, before that I had a cold so I've been home for almost 30 days and i'm honestly getting really stir crazy. We have ordinances to stay in home here until beginning of April but you can still go out for essential stuff.

What does " a really progressive employer" mean?

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #588 on: March 22, 2020, 02:33:09 AM »
Just got a notice announcing the first confirmed covid 19 case in our condo. Victim in hospital. Everyone they were in contact with is being quarantined. Public areas are being disinfected and shut down.

I'm changing strategy. About to head out and panic buy everything I need for a 1 month supply of negronis.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #589 on: March 22, 2020, 02:51:13 AM »
Just got a notice announcing the first confirmed covid 19 case in our condo. Victim in hospital. Everyone they were in contact with is being quarantined. Public areas are being disinfected and shut down.

I'm changing strategy. About to head out and panic buy everything I need for a 1 month supply of negronis.

I usually drink beer. Bought a crate of 20 and almost out of those.

Someone left a bottle of nice tonic water at my flat from a get together in November. Based on that, I decided to buy gin. Then I realized that, of all liquors, the supermarkets around me were sold out of gin. Everything else was still there for the most part aside from cheap wines.

Finally found a bottle yesterday. Probably should have just gotten whiskey or stuck to beer. Why Germans are recently so obsessed with gin, I don't quite understand.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #590 on: March 22, 2020, 07:25:26 AM »
My wife still having to work she has a salon and apparently getting your hair done is essential in these times. I’m working at home but they cut me to 5 hrs/wk so I feel the can is next.

I heard from a reliable source that tomorrow they may be shutting a lot of shit down maybe grab some food or shit on your way home today

"Reliable source"

Twitter and text message screenshots  from your friends friend who works in the government are all fake dude. AP news has an article about it. My girlfriend's mom sent her a screenshot "from a reliable source" as well. It's all bullshit. Especially one saying "they may be shutting down." That's speculative nonsense. Any regular person can see that the "government may be shutting things down." Multiple states are clearly doing that.

Who's the source bud?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:30:43 AM by drewsmahgoos »

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #591 on: March 22, 2020, 09:54:19 AM »
Expand Quote
My wife still having to work she has a salon and apparently getting your hair done is essential in these times. I’m working at home but they cut me to 5 hrs/wk so I feel the can is next.

I heard from a reliable source that tomorrow they may be shutting a lot of shit down maybe grab some food or shit on your way home today
[close]

"Reliable source"

Twitter and text message screenshots  from your friends friend who works in the government are all fake dude. AP news has an article about it. My girlfriend's mom sent her a screenshot "from a reliable source" as well. It's all bullshit. Especially one saying "they may be shutting down." That's speculative nonsense. Any regular person can see that the "government may be shutting things down." Multiple states are clearly doing that.

Who's the source bud?

Euro TM
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2274
« Reply #592 on: March 22, 2020, 11:56:36 AM »
Heard the Pentagon is shutting down for a few weeks via my friend's sister in law's husband's government boss.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -449
« Reply #593 on: March 22, 2020, 11:57:56 AM »
Heard the Pentagon is shutting down for a few weeks via my friend's sister in law's husband's government boss.

we attacked iran last week tho

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #594 on: March 22, 2020, 12:37:19 PM »
Sweden is kinda on a wierd waiting period now. No full lockdown yet, higher education schools closed, no events with more then 500 persons allowed. We dont have the mentality that would cause riots or cues, but some things fly off the shelves now. Yeast, flour, rice and pasta basically. And TP of course. Other then that all shops are stocked. Its kinda empty on the streets, but at the same time, people kinda go about their day.

Went skating yesterday, and skated outside our towns technical college, which is this huge and famous school, that is closed (even though some people went in and out). A girl showed up with a board, and asked if we wanted to skate the miniramp in the basement. Which I had no fucking idea existed. Ive been fully involved in basically every aspect of the scene here the last 25 years, but somehow, this secret had escaped me. Went into the school, which was ghostly empty. Skated the halls and had a session in the ramp, which kinda sucked but fun enough. So thanks Corona for that at least.  We also went to this spot yesterday, which is usually a bust. Totally empty so got a session on. Shot this of a friend:

We are a reversed people, and the elders usually dont live with the family, so we have this kind of "natural" distancing with older demographic, which I think gonna help us.

The economy is gonna take a big hit though. Read an article yesterday about layoff in the past week, listing a few big companies, an the numbers was up in 30 000 people already. And some of the big companies has done short-time layoffs, that could be extended. Airline SAS, 10 000 people. Volvo stopped production, 45 000 people. And much more, not to say all the people in the service sector or small business. This is a disaster. Bear in mind that we have a population of 10 millions only. Im in a facebook group for jobs on my tow, and its tragic and scary to see how many people have been lay offed and are desperate.

21 death so far here. And secondhandstoke, the virus might not affect you health, but it will to the older demographic. What do you think will happen when the numbers rise? Over 600 deaths in Italy today alone. It might not affect your health, but trust me, it will affect your wallet. You should be scared.

Our prime minister is holding a speech to the nation today in about 40 minutes. Thats not common, so interesting to see what follows.

At this point, Im consider myself lucky that have a (so far) steady, upper management job that allows me to work from home. But who knows what will follow.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:46:40 PM by Mr.Jenkins »

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #595 on: March 22, 2020, 01:00:40 PM »
"Australia is shutting down “non-essential” services as coronavirus cases skyrocket around the country.

Pubs, clubs, gyms, cinemas and places of worship will be shut from midday on Monday, while restaurants and cafes will switch to takeaway only."

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2274
« Reply #596 on: March 22, 2020, 01:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

we attacked iran last week tho

EXACTLY

nah,it's just the common hearsay

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1105
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #597 on: March 22, 2020, 01:56:23 PM »
Sweden is kinda on a wierd waiting period now. No full lockdown yet, higher education schools closed, no events with more then 500 persons allowed. We dont have the mentality that would cause riots or cues, but some things fly off the shelves now. Yeast, flour, rice and pasta basically. And TP of course. Other then that all shops are stocked. Its kinda empty on the streets, but at the same time, people kinda go about their day.

Went skating yesterday, and skated outside our towns technical college, which is this huge and famous school, that is closed (even though some people went in and out). A girl showed up with a board, and asked if we wanted to skate the miniramp in the basement. Which I had no fucking idea existed. Ive been fully involved in basically every aspect of the scene here the last 25 years, but somehow, this secret had escaped me. Went into the school, which was ghostly empty. Skated the halls and had a session in the ramp, which kinda sucked but fun enough. So thanks Corona for that at least.  We also went to this spot yesterday, which is usually a bust. Totally empty so got a session on. Shot this of a friend:

We are a reversed people, and the elders usually dont live with the family, so we have this kind of "natural" distancing with older demographic, which I think gonna help us.

The economy is gonna take a big hit though. Read an article yesterday about layoff in the past week, listing a few big companies, an the numbers was up in 30 000 people already. And some of the big companies has done short-time layoffs, that could be extended. Airline SAS, 10 000 people. Volvo stopped production, 45 000 people. And much more, not to say all the people in the service sector or small business. This is a disaster. Bear in mind that we have a population of 10 millions only. Im in a facebook group for jobs on my tow, and its tragic and scary to see how many people have been lay offed and are desperate.

21 death so far here. And secondhandstoke, the virus might not affect you health, but it will to the older demographic. What do you think will happen when the numbers rise? Over 600 deaths in Italy today alone. It might not affect your health, but trust me, it will affect your wallet. You should be scared.

Our prime minister is holding a speech to the nation today in about 40 minutes. Thats not common, so interesting to see what follows.

At this point, Im consider myself lucky that have a (so far) steady, upper management job that allows me to work from home. But who knows what will follow.

Dude you better be careful or youre gonna get the coronavirus. Going down to basement miniramps, are fucking loco? Stay inside your home, guy, trust me...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #598 on: March 22, 2020, 02:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude you better be careful or youre gonna get the coronavirus. Going down to basement miniramps, are fucking loco? Stay inside your home, guy, trust me...

Im working from home. I skate with 2 friends only, in remote areas and Im careful of contact. And I drive my car everywhere, to avoid public transportation. Im more careful then most people. Im not afraid of it myself, but I dont want to pass it on to someone at risk. And Im pretty sure I already had it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:21:02 PM by Mr.Jenkins »

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
« Reply #599 on: March 22, 2020, 03:51:05 PM »
This week my boss sat me down and started laying me off then started feeling sad and guilty and backpedaled because we’re cool and I bust my ass. I talked my way into reminding him that I am “essential” and he’s tryna keep me but he’s not promising being able to pay me past next week. So I’m in limbo but assuming I’m out a job.

We closed our 6 retails cafes, all those baristas and managers are furloughed, I’m continuing wholesale coffee as long as possible but who’s buying when the restaurants are closed. Got my resume lookin good and started applying but who the fuck will be hiring right now.

What if you agreed to take a pay cut for a couple of months? It sounds like your boss is nice and if you like your job it may be worth taking a small hit now for long term success with the company.

Just a thought...