Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93138 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1020 on: April 18, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »
Expand Quote
There was a MAGA protest a few miles from where I live today. That's twice now we have been covered by the national media for our rampant stupidity over our handling of this virus. I fucking hate Huntington Beach and all the right-wing trash that lives here. Can't wait to leave.
[close]
I would have left when the original HB park got destroyed.

That shit is ridiculous. I always forget that places like Hermosa and Huntington beach are (I think) primarily populated by conservative people who lean far more right than center.

Situation is still the same in my city in Ventura County. 70k residents and 39 total cases. I can imagine this place becoming the next area of protest regarding social distancing though.

Since I've already made my post subtly political, I cannot fucking stand Donald Trump. I can't believe he's tweeting about 2nd amendment rights and telling states to "Liberate!". I already seriously disliked him for discrediting any new organization that disagrees with him (+ hundreds of other reasons) but the way he's handled this entire pandemic is fucking disgraceful. The entire country will release stay-at-home orders too soon and this virus will wreak 100x's the amount of havoc it already has.

I already had thoughts/opportunities to move abroad but am now beginning to go down those avenues.

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1514
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1021 on: April 18, 2020, 01:06:26 PM »
Proud to say, we in Slovenia have received official confirmation of reversing the curve. I have started skating flat, but before that I didn't skate for a month and half at all even in perfect fucking weather.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1022 on: April 18, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »
Austin is 3 hours drive away from where I live but this is going down in ATX ...so wack
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1023 on: April 18, 2020, 01:37:22 PM »
Austin is 3 hours drive away from where I live but this is going down in ATX ...so wack

Unreal. Thanks Info Wars (https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/493466-texans-plan-to-turn-out-saturday-calling-to-reopen-the-country).

81% of Americans supported social distancing and only 10% wanted to " “stop social distancing to stimulate the economy, even if it means increasing the spread of coronavirus" 3 days ago (https://thehill.com/homenews/news/492886-poll-81-percent-say-keep-social-distancing-despite-damage-to-economy).

I wonder if these protests (and President's dumb ass tweets) will increase support or it will just create an insane amount of animosity towards these groups. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/social-distancing-culture/609019/

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #1024 on: April 18, 2020, 03:40:40 PM »
LOL everything is a “culture war” these days.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1025 on: April 18, 2020, 03:48:08 PM »
My sister who is not a trump supporter, is all for opening up the states as she feels expendable being at home. She's concerned about people with mental illness killing themselves and families who cant make ends meet. Seems like a really good idea to open everything back up and if it goes poorly our president will just say he had no control over it. DONT TREAD ON MY SEEDS!

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1026 on: April 18, 2020, 03:58:36 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:08:42 PM by legion »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1027 on: April 19, 2020, 08:48:53 AM »
Yesterday one of my co workers was wearing a mask and I kept hearing her cough. I’m always wearing a mask when I am in that office space at least.
Today she’s coughing and clearing her throat a bunch. She said something to me with her mask off and she looked fully sick. She is definitely sick with a cold of some sort.

Luckily I only have to walk by her in the office once an hour or less but I wish she would/could just go home and not be putting the rest of us at risk.
I can’t be a Narc and like text my boss, “so she is sick I’m not comfortable with us having to work together in proximity. I wish I could just do that tho.

This is the first of my 7 co workers who had started wearing a mask. I’m the only one who has been wearing masks everyday for work.
All the other people work together close to each other in 2 offices. Most of my work is outside that office luckily but everyone in there has just been reckless and not taking any of the precautions I have been.

I have no option but to just try to be around her as little as possible.

Side note: I have been keeping a bottle of green mouthwash (with alcohol) with me to gargle a few times a day. In then hope that it kills any potentially bad germs that might be coming into my throat. So. Many. Cocks.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:51:40 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1028 on: April 19, 2020, 12:45:44 PM »
Yesterday one of my co workers was wearing a mask and I kept hearing her cough. I’m always wearing a mask when I am in that office space at least.
Today she’s coughing and clearing her throat a bunch. She said something to me with her mask off and she looked fully sick. She is definitely sick with a cold of some sort.

Luckily I only have to walk by her in the office once an hour or less but I wish she would/could just go home and not be putting the rest of us at risk.
I can’t be a Narc and like text my boss, “so she is sick I’m not comfortable with us having to work together in proximity. I wish I could just do that tho.

This is the first of my 7 co workers who had started wearing a mask. I’m the only one who has been wearing masks everyday for work.
All the other people work together close to each other in 2 offices. Most of my work is outside that office luckily but everyone in there has just been reckless and not taking any of the precautions I have been.

I have no option but to just try to be around her as little as possible.

Side note: I have been keeping a bottle of green mouthwash (with alcohol) with me to gargle a few times a day. In then hope that it kills any potentially bad germs that might be coming into my throat. So. Many. Cocks.
That sucks.

Are there any people at your work are always spreading gossip or kissing the boss's ass? Sometimes telling them will get the news to the boss without you having to be a snitch.

I mean it is pretty lame of her to be at work while showing visible of symptoms of being sick with a respiratory illness when people are on edge about all this.

What are the consequences of you calling her out or telling the boss?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #1029 on: April 19, 2020, 12:53:53 PM »
Yo Johnes that fucking sucks. We are wishing u the best and wishing u safety around that kinda shit. U got this homie!

Things are okay around my town in VA. The skatepark is closed off with a fence, which I think is brilliant. If i were the age of the kids now, I probably wudda kept going to the park unless it was made obvious.

Pretty bummed on the young bucks tho. One of them called me to say hey the other day, which was great! But frustrating cause he also called to ask if i wanted to go out with him and another homie?! I of course said no way - he's like 'dam ur really about this quarantining' ..... idk i don't like to tell people they're wrong or butt my opinions in - but that was pretty wild. I tried to assure him to be safe and follow all those precautions.

So anyway - I'm glad we're all doin what we can on here! Keep it up everyone, things gonna be okay in due time.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #1030 on: April 19, 2020, 01:29:26 PM »

Why CAN'T you? Dude, fucking say something for sure. She's putting everyone in the office at risk, period. Even if she doesn't have the virus, it's mentally unhealthy for you and your co-workers to be subjected to her presence. Fuck being a "snitch" or even any potential consequences for you (and there shouldn't even be any), you're acting in everyone's best interests by saying something.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #1031 on: April 19, 2020, 01:38:33 PM »
Why not ask your dumbass coworker directly why they are willing putting others at risk in a time where hundreds of thousands of people are getting sick and dying

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1032 on: April 19, 2020, 01:52:35 PM »
Yea fuck that snitch on the bitch , even before this pandemic one of my biggest pet peeves is people who come to work sick, claiming they can still work...trying to bank it with vacation days, like no mother fucker it’s called sick leave for a reason

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1033 on: April 19, 2020, 04:29:25 PM »
I really think that if I told my managers that this conworker was sick and she shouldn’t be at work, they wouldn’t even do anything about it.
And just be like, oh John, he’s the only one who cares about that in this office poor guy.
and people who call HR about any type of negative office thing, always end up getting transferred or fired.
I love my job tbh.  I Probably/hopefully won’t be working another shift with this woman until Friday or Saturday.
Things could always be worse.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 04:31:04 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1034 on: April 19, 2020, 04:53:32 PM »
I really think that if I told my managers that this conworker was sick and she shouldn’t be at work, they wouldn’t even do anything about it.
And just be like, oh John, he’s the only one who cares about that in this office poor guy.
and people who call HR about any type of negative office thing, always end up getting transferred or fired.
I love my job tbh.  I Probably/hopefully won’t be working another shift with this woman until Friday or Saturday.
Can you do it thru an email so you have records for a potential lawsuit?
Ask HR if you should be keeping records for this potential lawsuit..

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1035 on: April 19, 2020, 05:34:49 PM »
Thought this video was really good to show to all the google made experts I’ve been seeing on social media.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/problem-thinking-know-experts

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1036 on: April 20, 2020, 05:51:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Can you do it thru an email so you have records for a potential lawsuit?
Ask HR if you should be keeping records for this potential lawsuit..
Honestly I have no interest in a potential lawsuit.

But yes I could email HR, but every employee that has contacted HR, after they have been transferred, the management always talk about it openly like, HR always tells management who it was that contacted them and then it just runs through the whole office, “did you hear so and so called HR and said this and now they got transferred”.
I think I’m just tripping a little bit over the sick person. I’m not trying to make a big deal about it irl.

Just kinda venting here. Also I checked the schedule and that woman comes in at 10am today but all 3 managers will be here also, Saturday and Sunday that I worked with her while she looked really sick, no management was here. So maybe there is a tiny chance that she will get sent home once mgmt sees it for themselves this morning.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #1037 on: April 20, 2020, 05:59:13 AM »
it’s so weird how nothing is different near me. I watch the news and people everywhere are stuck at home. but where I’m at, people are just still going about their lives as normal. I work overnight though, so I’m not usually out during the day anyway. the only thing different is everything is pick up instead of dine in. my mom was telling me where she lives you got to wait in line to go in wal mart....crazy.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1038 on: April 20, 2020, 02:56:51 PM »
right now, everything including human poop is worth more than a barrel of american oil. that's pretty crazy.

man we are going to have some serious issues in the world after this.

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1039 on: April 20, 2020, 06:02:44 PM »
We have been in lock down for the last month. And was just extended one week. Can only go to the grocery or pharmacy.

USA should be on crazy watch right now. They looking confused as hell. Algood you guys don’t like Trump, but why not listen to the doctors instead. Economy’s fucked regardless and we all going down together

TooOldToCare

• Rep: -53
« Reply #1040 on: April 20, 2020, 06:50:52 PM »
We have been in lock down for the last month. And was just extended one week. Can only go to the grocery or pharmacy.

USA should be on crazy watch right now. They looking confused as hell. Algood you guys don’t like Trump, but why not listen to the doctors instead. Economy’s fucked regardless and we all going down together

The doctors change their story on this shit every day, why would we consider them the authority on something even they don't understand?

Go out, do shit, just don't be stupid and unsafe and life goes on for everyone.  We can't stay inside for a whole year, if a month hasn't fixed it, then it's going to do what it is going to do either way.

JumpManShorty

« Reply #1041 on: April 20, 2020, 07:54:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The doctors change their story on this shit every day, why would we consider them the authority on something even they don't understand?

Go out, do shit, just don't be stupid and unsafe and life goes on for everyone.  We can't stay inside for a whole year, if a month hasn't fixed it, then it's going to do what it is going to do either way.

A month is very close to eliminating it for us.

Granted our boarders will be closed for a very long time

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1042 on: April 20, 2020, 08:00:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

We've been closed up a month, either it's going to be fine if we reopen and be safe, or, people better just plan to never leave the house again and going broke while hoping someone will just drop free food off and pay their rent.  The same doctors who said millions would die now cut those numbers way down because none of the models were remotely accurate.  That's why many don't trust em.

Shit is bad for people who are vulnerable and likely isn't bad for those who aren't. No point in collapsing the fuckin nation or the world just so we can delay a few people getting what we'll almost all inevitably get.  If people would just be safe, we can go on with life.  Safe doesn't mean staying home forever, it just means not being fuckin stupid for the next few months. 

JumpManShorty

« Reply #1043 on: April 20, 2020, 08:04:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

We've been closed up a month, either it's going to be fine if we reopen and be safe, or, people better just plan to never leave the house again and going broke while hoping someone will just drop free food off and pay their rent.  The same doctors who said millions would die now cut those numbers way down because none of the models were remotely accurate.  That's why many don't trust em.

Shit is bad for people who are vulnerable and likely isn't bad for those who aren't. No point in collapsing the fuckin nation or the world just so we can delay a few people getting what we'll almost all inevitably get.  If people would just be safe, we can go on with life.  Safe doesn't mean staying home forever, it just means not being fuckin stupid for the next few months.

Good points. you guys do you.

I’m just glad I don’t have to work from the office so I don’t have to put my faith in society to stay away if they are sick like the other unlucky dude on this page.

People are dumb af

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1044 on: April 20, 2020, 08:12:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m just glad I don’t have to work from the office so I don’t have to put my faith in society to stay away if they are sick like the other unlucky dude on this page.

People are dumb af

People do what they do.  It's not like grocery stores are guaranteed free from the virus, but everybody has to shop sooner or later and puts themselves at risk.  So, it's not any riskier to open up some businesses now and just keep good policies of being sanitary and not getting too close to each other for a few months.  We can actually keep shit going to not kill businesses and lose jobs and not fuck the whole world up forever if we aren't stupid about what we do.  The alternative of telling everyone to stay indoors for another few months won't work, so we just have to not be dumb about reopening shit up and we can make things end well.  If people wanna stay in, they stay in, but it's not necessary for every single human to be confined now.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #1045 on: April 20, 2020, 08:51:56 PM »
Something I saw Mark Waters post today, unreal...

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #1046 on: April 21, 2020, 12:01:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

People are dumb af
[close]

People do what they do.  It's not like grocery stores are guaranteed free from the virus, but everybody has to shop sooner or later and puts themselves at risk.  So, it's not any riskier to open up some businesses now and just keep good policies of being sanitary and not getting too close to each other for a few months.  We can actually keep shit going to not kill businesses and lose jobs and not fuck the whole world up forever if we aren't stupid about what we do.  The alternative of telling everyone to stay indoors for another few months won't work, so we just have to not be dumb about reopening shit up and we can make things end well.  If people wanna stay in, they stay in, but it's not necessary for every single human to be confined now.

This is the problem.  You're assuming people won't be stupid and selfish.  Like others have mentioned about people going to work sick where I live we had few infections, but someone who worked at a fast food joint knowingly went to work, infected all their co-workers and they infected their families.  Not to mention if they gave any customers it as well.
I agree with you on some points of opening, but there should be certain mandates in place just because people are dumb and selfish.  Some states are requiring the use of masks (not n95). This isn't a bad idea.  There are lots of videos showing people how to make a cloth mask. 
I know that people say that cloth masks aren't effective in keeping you from getting infected, but it's not about you.  If everyone wore a mask it wouldn't spread as much just because there would be less spores in the air as a whole.  What gets me is the same people who talk about their civil rights and not want to wear a mask are the same ones who want to open quickly.  Well if you wear a mask and help keep the spread down we can open quicker.  It's a small sacrifice.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:05:30 AM by Decreed Bratton »

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1047 on: April 21, 2020, 12:07:55 AM »
People are ALWAYS stupid and selfish, man.  But trying to force everyone to stay the fuck in for months on end won't fix things unless you can force every fuckin person to do the same.  People see politicians still going out to the gym and gettin haircuts and shit like that asshole from NY with the do as I say not as I do bullshit and it's pissing them off big time.  I see pics people take daily of teens and adults playing basketball, having street parties and all sorts of shit, so unless you're going to get the cops to stop every last living being in every neighborhood, shit's gonna be what shit's gonna be.  Seems like the states and countries who have the hardest rules in place aren't slowing any more than those that aren't these days too.

Masks are a good idea, I don't think anyone's going to argue that.  But how do you force everyone to wear one shy of having armed security at every door?  You either have to have full martial law police state, or we have to figure this fucker out with a lot of kinks in the road. 

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1514
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1048 on: April 21, 2020, 01:58:16 AM »
You can impose huge fines. But you could also nurture a more sympathetic culture, where you feel like a part of a community. It is OK to have a strong individual identity, but we should all feel at least some collective responsibility.

What the nay-sayers are doing is just looking for excuses to get out of these new responsibilities they now have towards everyone around them, acting like spoiled children basically.

You wouldn't want to contact COVID from someone else, but when you get confronted with the fact that you might have been spreading it to others, you play it down invoking the best possible outcome (while deep down you are dreading the worst case scenario).

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 835
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1049 on: April 21, 2020, 02:14:29 AM »
Got my results back. Tested Negative.. Pretty stoked about that.

Also these protesters are all fucking clowns.