Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93137 times)

TooOldToCare

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1080 on: April 22, 2020, 10:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My buddy, put this way "my grandfather survived Nazi bombing of France;" he said people need to make sacrifices and changes to survive.

Support your local take out, order ahead. Wear a bandana even and gloves-even if it looks like wack sauce. this is gonna pick up again. Sacrifrice
[close]

Totally fair.  At least a few peeps here havent gone off the deep end
[close]
Says the guy who most obviously has gone off the deep end.
[close]

May as well have just said I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?  Dont be salty that some people in this fuckin world dont all think the way you do, youre gonna blow a fuse trying to spend your life convincing people youre the only smart one in the room.
[close]
Uhm..
Ditto?
I change my previous statement from shout to shoot.. that'll learn em!
[close]

Ah, yeah, the tried and true line of the defenseless, make a lame dig if you don't have a point, been a hot ticket on this board tonight with the usual gang doin their usual shit.
I don't expect to change your mind.  Not even trying in the slightest.  Im telling you people that if you think youre gonna fearmonger and shame everyone into doing things the way you think is the only way, you better get ready to be disappointed.  And that trying to move forward by opening some shit up safely isnt guaranteed to kill your grandma.
And you asked which expert was flip flopping, I gave you the top dog, is that why you're doing the dodge like everyone else who gives your type of reply?  Typical SLAP, can dish it out but sure as fuck cant take it even when you get just what you asked for.
[close]

Nothing will guarantee people from getting the virus, but opening up everything with no mandates will make certain portions of the population shell up even more.  They see how the protesters are with no masks and no social distancing and most likely not go out based on thinking those are the people who will be out.
60% of people think it's too early to open.  One thing that we can agree on is there will be people like you who will go out and and say fuck it and those who will be the moles like you say.  Then there are people who are 50-50. 

If you want to stimulate the economy the most there should be rules and mandates so those who are 50-50 think it's safe to go out and spend.  For a hair salon for example, masks required for both customer and employee.  Appointment only with only 1 person in the salon at a time.  Required disinfecting all equipment and chairs after each person.  I saw a insta post in Japan where a salon employee is wearing a face shield and gloves.  I would more willing to get my hair cut from an establishment like this than a place with no masks and 5 dudes waiting to get their hair cut.

If you don't do these things and just free ball it, yes you'll have a certain portion of the population go out, but those are the only ones who will spend.  So instead of having 20 or 30 percent going out to stimulate the economy you could have more.  If you try to make it so people think it's a safer environment, the more likely they will go out to spend.

Never said no mandates, I repeatedly say safely with masks and proper precautions but somehow nobody picks up on it.
All I'm sayin is, if we just stop fearmongering with no concern of crashing the already fucked system and hope that big daddy government will swoop in to save the day, shits going to be worse than we ever imagined if we keep locked down another month + with nothing opening.  Most of the indie shop owners arent gonna get shit to save them, so if you wanna stay closed until theres almost NO cases left, youre gonna have about 30% fewer small biz operations running to go back to for employment. 
There's a reaction to everything.  Close too long and you cost millions their livelihood.  Open too soon and dont have some regulation on safety and there could certainly be more waves.  Finding middle ground is the best place but god fuck all, half the people here lose their fuckin minds if you dont just sit back and say that the experts with changing stories are the only ones who can make the call.
That ho governor from Michigan has been using this shit to grease palms for her buddies and got called out on it, so anyone thinkin this is all benevolent is taking their eyes off the game.  That b*tch was about to give millions to special interests and used her power to try and make it slide thru, good thing the Detroit press caught wind and took her to task on it.
That's why I keep saying its about power for the extended lockdowns.  We've already seen it happen this week with her story, trust me itll keep happening if nobody stands up to it.

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1081 on: April 22, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »
Too Old To Care really seems like he cares a whole lot. Makes me miss that guy who was crying about wanting to buy his precious seeds in Michigan 4 pages ago.

People seem to be doing a decent job of following the rules here in Orange County so far, grocery stores are starting to require masks just to enter and not letting you bring in reusable bags.

I think our big test is going to be this weekend - supposed to be around 80 degrees, first hot weekend of the year. Won’t be surprised to see packed beaches on Saturday and beach closures etc by Sunday.

Hey, buddy, Im too old to give a fuck about some clique's opinions, but young enough to care about my future as well as that of people I know.  Sue me for not being someone who just marches where theyre told to without asking questions.  I know it goes against your clique's rules to dare to speak out, but fuck having a hugbox of sycophants, if the truth hurts too much, maybe the internet isn't for all of you.  You can stay safe at home without having to hear any bad ideas from bad people who dont just fall in line, just turn your PC off and life can be as cozy as you want without any opinions that hurt your feelings.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1082 on: April 22, 2020, 10:32:04 PM »
They tested all the people at the shelter down methadone mile. Over 100 cases a symptomatic.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1083 on: April 22, 2020, 10:38:50 PM »
They tested all the people at the shelter down methadone mile. Over 100 cases a symptomatic.
Thats what's fucking the numbers up a lot.  We probably have millions who are already carriers and will be asymptomatic the whole time and who are just as dangerous to the vulnerable ones they live with and come in contact with as anyone else.  Its why doing more testing doesnt make the problem change or go away, its just an excuse to keep everyone stuck waiting for the next update.
This shit isnt going to have an easy fix, and locking ourselves up for months on end isnt the solution.  Finding a way to get shit restarted safely without making it worse is way better than curling up in a ball while the world falls apart waiting for the so called experts to finally say its all okay.

Dad_Brains

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1084 on: April 22, 2020, 11:33:47 PM »
New Zealand is semi opening up next week, or dropping down a level as per the official channels. I work from home anyway so not a huge change. Schools are opening for those in need but we’ll be keeping the kids home. I do have a half built mini ramp I started when I got back from Europe so I’m hoping the lumber yard opens for more than just tradies

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #1085 on: April 23, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »
North cali here, shit is still locked down, no stimulus on my end. shit is getting rough and i think im gonna have to start moving hard stuff to get by since i won't be getting unemployment. this is just lame all around. heart goes out to all of yall who have families to support, i may think i have it hard but at least i just have to take care of myself and dog
even the steven

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #1086 on: April 23, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »
Here in Illinois they expanded the lockdown to all of next month as well now.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1087 on: April 23, 2020, 06:45:46 PM »
Quebec wants to have the kids go back to school before the end of the semester.

Herd immunity was mentioned and so was avoiding a burst in cases come September when the kids go back to school.
I am just south of the Woburn border in Maine, I have a feeling thats going to happen at our local school too.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1088 on: April 24, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1415
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1089 on: April 24, 2020, 04:25:43 PM »

in the bean? jesus
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1090 on: April 26, 2020, 08:00:41 AM »
My mom went grocery shopping and some dude in line behind her rambled racist shit at her. Now she wants me to get a gun license, whereas before she was very much against guns.

realistically won't be able to actually acquire a firearm within like 6 months of whatever but im stoked lol

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1091 on: April 27, 2020, 06:58:24 AM »
Our county mayor has given the green light for restaurants to open their dining rooms. There are guidelines they "must" follow but there will be no enforcement.

It's hard for me not to get cynical. I basically see a very long and drawn out march to herd immunity before everyone starts getting sick again on a new strain and an endless cycle. Americans need to feel free and important and can't be told what to do so we truly are pretty fucked.

It is also weird that it is not being reported how deserted hospitals outside of COVID hotspots are. I feel like the media is ignoring the issue because they don't wan't to give the wrong impression that COVID isn't serious but this strategy will backfire as reactionaries point to this fact and say that COVID is a hoax. 
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1092 on: April 27, 2020, 10:38:33 AM »

It is also weird that it is not being reported how deserted hospitals outside of COVID hotspots are. I feel like the media is ignoring the issue because they don't wan't to give the wrong impression that COVID isn't serious but this strategy will backfire as reactionaries point to this fact and say that COVID is a hoax.

I'm not certain that the unequal strain on the health system isn't being reported.

https://www.newsweek.com/most-us-hospitals-are-empty-soon-they-might-closed-good-opinion-1500028

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/well/live/coronavirus-doctors-hospitals-emergency-care-heart-attack-stroke.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-nycs-largest-emergency-hospital-javits-center-pretty-much-empty-2020-4

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/starved-for-cash-hospitals-and-doctor-groups-cut-staff-amid-pandemic/2020/04/09/d3593f54-79a7-11ea-a130-df573469f094_story.html

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #1093 on: April 27, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »
Our county mayor has given the green light for restaurants to open their dining rooms. There are guidelines they "must" follow but there will be no enforcement.

It's hard for me not to get cynical. I basically see a very long and drawn out march to herd immunity before everyone starts getting sick again on a new strain and an endless cycle. Americans need to feel free and important and can't be told what to do so we truly are pretty fucked.

I'm in a suburb near Los Angeles. We thought my mom (in her 70's) had a heart attack a couple weeks ago and brought her to the hospital.. thankfully, no heart attack, stroke or anything serious.

Due to this being the first time anyone in my family had visited a hospital since all this popped off, we took the recommended precautions: Don't enter the hospital, drop the patient off out front and call ahead to make sure they can be received. Left her out front until someone came to bring her in and left.

We called her shortly after dropping off to see what the status was. We expected a few things:
1) It would be packed and there were no beds available.
2) The waiting room would be packed with COVID-19 patients and we would greatly risk our own health by going in.
3)This was essentially a death sentence for her, due to the hospital being packed with contagious patients.

To our surprise, she was the only patient there. No one in the waiting room, no one in the beds. She had the full staff's attention and was quickly able to leave.

Outside of my immediate fear of her having a heart attack or stroke being relieved, I was very happy people are (apparently) being more cautious in their personal life and only going to the hospital if absolutely necessary.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1094 on: April 27, 2020, 12:22:04 PM »
The call volume is down about 30-40% at the department I work for. I guess people are less likely to call 911 for toe pain, when there is a possibility of getting hospital acquired covid...

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1514
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1095 on: April 28, 2020, 04:55:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm in a suburb near Los Angeles. We thought my mom (in her 70's) had a heart attack a couple weeks ago and brought her to the hospital.. thankfully, no heart attack, stroke or anything serious.

Due to this being the first time anyone in my family had visited a hospital since all this popped off, we took the recommended precautions: Don't enter the hospital, drop the patient off out front and call ahead to make sure they can be received. Left her out front until someone came to bring her in and left.

We called her shortly after dropping off to see what the status was. We expected a few things:
1) It would be packed and there were no beds available.
2) The waiting room would be packed with COVID-19 patients and we would greatly risk our own health by going in.
3)This was essentially a death sentence for her, due to the hospital being packed with contagious patients.

To our surprise, she was the only patient there. No one in the waiting room, no one in the beds. She had the full staff's attention and was quickly able to leave.

Outside of my immediate fear of her having a heart attack or stroke being relieved, I was very happy people are (apparently) being more cautious in their personal life and only going to the hospital if absolutely necessary.

I don't find that surprising. There is no prediction models that can anticipate the rise in cases for any given area (a hotspot can appear quickly) and you'd want to have enough capacity to deal with it. People with urgent cases will come regardless and be taken care of like your mother. Empty waiting rooms ensure that they don't become the new hotspot. A few hypochondriacs could then spread that shit far and wide.

In Slovenia, skateparks have reopened with social distancing rules. Scooter kids have been advised against suckling on their handlebars for the time being.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1096 on: May 01, 2020, 05:43:18 AM »
My mom called last night and said my dad had a fever of 100.9 and he hadn’t said anything about feeling sick all day until right when they left work at 9pm and she called me at 9:30. He didn’t want to go to the emergency room he just wanted to go home and go to sleep.
100.9 isn’t that high but I’m still concerned about it. He’s age 75 and gets sick fairly easily.
I was around them earlier in the day. I kinda wish I could just tell work that I’m going to quarantine for a week but I don’t want to risk my job or facing repercussions for that.

I’m def telling them today that it my dad has to go to the ER I’m going to leave work to go be with him.

Things are starting to open back up in Texas and my city.
Seems too soon to me.

My city has been at 99 confirmed cases for the last 4 or 5 days so that’s at least a plus that we haven’t had new cases.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:46:16 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #1097 on: May 01, 2020, 07:05:27 AM »
My mom called last night and said my dad had a fever of 100.9 and he hadn’t said anything about feeling sick all day until right when they left work at 9pm and she called me at 9:30. He didn’t want to go to the emergency room he just wanted to go home and go to sleep.
100.9 isn’t that high but I’m still concerned about it. He’s age 75 and gets sick fairly easily.
I was around them earlier in the day. I kinda wish I could just tell work that I’m going to quarantine for a week but I don’t want to risk my job or facing repercussions for that.

I’m def telling them today that it my dad has to go to the ER I’m going to leave work to go be with him.

Things are starting to open back up in Texas and my city.
Seems too soon to me.

My city has been at 99 confirmed cases for the last 4 or 5 days so that’s at least a plus that we haven’t had new cases.
I would consider getting tested asap and telling your company fuck off if they have any problem. By law they cannot penalize you for anything of the sort and if you are quarantining Im pretty sure youre entitled to payment while doing so. 

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1098 on: May 01, 2020, 06:18:21 PM »
rooting for your dad to just have been a little under the weather hopefully, johnes. my parents are old as well and every flu season i freak out.

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1099 on: May 01, 2020, 06:41:00 PM »
The 70 year old handyman I hire on occasion has it, called my folks to tell them he couldnt redo their garage because he had to self quarantine for 2 weeks and his schedule for May was all fucked.  Tho he did say that despite testing positive he just had a slight cough and sore throat, said he didnt even think it was possible that he was infected for how little the effects were.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1100 on: May 02, 2020, 07:03:00 AM »
Sick people who want Mass immunity will try and shake your hand pass the blunt fucking not rock a mask.

They want to see their pot clinic re open because. I have pre existing conditions big time.
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1101 on: May 02, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »
Sick people who want Mass immunity will try and shake your hand pass the blunt fucking not rock a mask.

They want to see their pot clinic re open because. I have pre existing conditions big time.

yeah some people i know are like that. a friend who lives in another city told me they have still regular barbecues. the same dude is also insisting that covid is actually just a flu. i tried to tell him that it's not the flu, because it's a different virus. but he would still be "nah man, it's actually just the flu, shit is made up bigtime." it bums me out, but it is what it is.

i hope you stay well.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #1102 on: May 02, 2020, 08:56:46 AM »
295 people at our pork slaughterhouse just tested positive for it and the city is going ahead with a limited reopen on Monday. I'm v worried for everyone here because to be honest, this city is dumb as shit.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/nearly-300-employees-at-st-joseph-missouri-food-plant-test-positive-for-covid-19-coronavirus/32346566

Edit: it's jumped lol
https://www.kq2.com/content/news/LATEST-359-employers-test-positive-for-COVID-19-at-Triumph-570144151.html
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 10:20:40 AM by Lame_Nigga »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1103 on: May 02, 2020, 10:02:04 AM »
I just found out my skate bud Mike Kolbialka passed away at Lahey clinic.

He had a dispute with his ”Running Mate” and she called the cops.

He was sent to Middletown Jail (ECCF) he contracted the virus and he fucking died.

He was put in Jail on a false charge was held with out bail because of prior convictions and now I hear he's fucking dead.

Thats another homie ground up by the system.
(A)pl(E)

Yu Dum

« Reply #1104 on: May 02, 2020, 11:37:11 AM »
Memphis is planning on opening up at half capacity Monday. I'm deathly afraid.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #1105 on: May 02, 2020, 05:26:20 PM »
They re-closed all the beaches around me. I'm bummed because the weather is nice but all for keeping this shit at bay. However...

There's Red Tide in Malibu and it's somewhat rare to see. I would have loved to walk on the sand tonight and take some pictures.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #1106 on: May 02, 2020, 05:38:37 PM »
I think I'm just now getting to the levels of boredom people were experiencing 2-3 weeks ago. I got this comic I'm gonna try to write, hopefully that'll occupy my free time for the next month.

Whenever I make a grocery run you do less people giving a shit about proper precautions, which is disturbing af.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1107 on: May 03, 2020, 03:56:05 AM »
Have any of the American pals had stimulus cheques yet?

I live in the UK and have been furloughed on 80% of my salary which is fine as there is not much to spend cash on anyway. Long-term though it is a bit of a concern for our business but I work in Finance/Accountancy so probably got a better shot at being kept than most, unless it gets really really bad I'm fairly confident our business will continue to function in some capacity. Thankfully my parents are being sensible but I feel like people are getting sick of the lockdown and it definitely seems busier on the streets than it did 3 weeks ago. Hope everyone is doing the best they can!

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #1108 on: May 03, 2020, 03:59:30 AM »
Here in Moogle Village it seems pretty tense still, I went out to get some Kupo Nuts the other day and the other moogles were saying kupo a lot. Today is supposed to be nice weather though so maybe they will lighten up a bit.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 04:01:04 AM by Mog »

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

whitefeathers

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1109 on: May 03, 2020, 05:25:19 AM »
Have any of the American pals had stimulus cheques yet?

Yes, a couple weeks ago.
my work is still open, we have been so busy because of people panic buying.
Tomorrow Minnesota is going to let some businesses open back up only for curbside pickups and deliveries. Some industrial places and offices were opened back up last week. Minneapolis closed skateparks and took down basketball hoops and stuff where St. paul all that stuff is still open. I was just at the skatepark at 6am this morning. Nobody there. During the day its pretty busy.