Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 183811 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1680 on: October 03, 2022, 02:04:53 PM »
I have actually! We've only been a medical state for the last few years so for a long time the best stuff came from the hippie festival scene and you could get Moroccan hash balls from the old heads. I actually posted on here last year about my attempts at making "shoe hash" which is essentially saving up all your kief and wrapping it up real tight in plastic, then putting
It in the heel of your shoe and walking on it all day. The constant heat and pressure breaks it down and by the end of the day you have a sticky little packet of hash in your shoe. It actually worked surprisingly well and the end result was pretty comparable to what we used to get from the hippies, especially once it aged a little.

The extracts and stuff are nice and this might be placebo or something but I do feel like you get a more robust effect from flower/hash/rosin. It just feels like there's something that gets lost in extracting with a solvent. We just recently started getting various forms of hash here, mostly it's cold pressed or just straight kief from the trimming screens but we have one grower doing live bubble hash which is awesome. I've also been getting into rosin which is basically using 2 heated metal plates to heat up, liquify and then squish out all the good stuff. The end result is as strong as a normal concentrate but has a really awesome taste and doesn't use any solvents.

Here's one of my more recent snags - one of my buddies is having some pain issues and has traditionally avoided strong  indicas so he wanted me to pick something out to split with him. I settled on LA Biker #2... Genetics are (LA Confidential x Biker OG) but it isn't as gassy and oily as other Biker crosses I've had. This has a more traditional earthy, balanced OG taste. The fuel is there, just not overpoweringly so. Very pleasant, classic OG effects. Instant relaxation and heavy body sensation, pain is barely noticeable even though I'm pretty beat up today. The Biker sedation was there but it wasn't a heavy handed knockout like motor breath, more of a curl and watch sumo wrestling on YouTube til you doze off kinda thing. Good meds.

badmanganjaspliff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #1681 on: October 04, 2022, 01:28:48 AM »
I have actually! We've only been a medical state for the last few years so for a long time the best stuff came from the hippie festival scene and you could get Moroccan hash balls from the old heads. I actually posted on here last year about my attempts at making "shoe hash" which is essentially saving up all your kief and wrapping it up real tight in plastic, then putting
It in the heel of your shoe and walking on it all day. The constant heat and pressure breaks it down and by the end of the day you have a sticky little packet of hash in your shoe. It actually worked surprisingly well and the end result was pretty comparable to what we used to get from the hippies, especially once it aged a little.

The extracts and stuff are nice and this might be placebo or something but I do feel like you get a more robust effect from flower/hash/rosin. It just feels like there's something that gets lost in extracting with a solvent. We just recently started getting various forms of hash here, mostly it's cold pressed or just straight kief from the trimming screens but we have one grower doing live bubble hash which is awesome. I've also been getting into rosin which is basically using 2 heated metal plates to heat up, liquify and then squish out all the good stuff. The end result is as strong as a normal concentrate but has a really awesome taste and doesn't use any solvents.

Here's one of my more recent snags - one of my buddies is having some pain issues and has traditionally avoided strong  indicas so he wanted me to pick something out to split with him. I settled on LA Biker #2... Genetics are (LA Confidential x Biker OG) but it isn't as gassy and oily as other Biker crosses I've had. This has a more traditional earthy, balanced OG taste. The fuel is there, just not overpoweringly so. Very pleasant, classic OG effects. Instant relaxation and heavy body sensation, pain is barely noticeable even though I'm pretty beat up today. The Biker sedation was there but it wasn't a heavy handed knockout like motor breath, more of a curl and watch sumo wrestling on YouTube til you doze off kinda thing. Good meds.

That looks absolutely beautiful, I love a nice balanced hybrid. I'm 100% gonna try your shoe hash method, I've got about a half ounce of shake I've been saving from the bottom bits of packs over the last couple of months so I'm gonna sift that for the kief and see how much I can get out of it. Do you know roughly how much keef you had saved when you tried this?  Loving these detailed descriptions btw, can almost envision how that bud would smoke haha.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1682 on: October 04, 2022, 03:43:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That looks absolutely beautiful, I love a nice balanced hybrid. I'm 100% gonna try your shoe hash method, I've got about a half ounce of shake I've been saving from the bottom bits of packs over the last couple of months so I'm gonna sift that for the kief and see how much I can get out of it. Do you know roughly how much keef you had saved when you tried this?  Loving these detailed descriptions btw, can almost envision how that bud would smoke haha.

Thanks dude, I usually try to write them pretty soon after I smoke so sometimes they get a little long winded haha. Frank, iutsm, lydius, and a bunch of others write solid smoke reports too. Lots of sharp stoners up in here.

For the shoe hash I'm gonna say I started with about 1.5-2g of kief, not a ton but enough to figure out if it works. The hardest part is wrapping it up in a way that it won't break open but not too uncomfortable to walk on either. I used the fingers of a surgical glove for the outer wrap and that worked pretty well. Just make sure the inner wrap is something it won't stick too badly to or that you can easily scrape it off of. If it's going to shit and you need to salvage it you can always use a low heat source and pressure from something like a mortar and pestle to speed things up as well. I had to do that with one batch and it turned out fine.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1683 on: October 04, 2022, 03:51:47 AM »
Got some new stuff from a new grower yesterday. Cool ass dude from the Toronto area, dude knows what he's doing.

Pure Michigan #5
Pure Michigan #9 (smelliest of the two PM's)
Road Apples (some crazy GMO cross)
Garlic Breath (free)
Dino Breath. (free)

Almost 40g for 210$ CAD, I would have gladly paid 300$ CAD for the oz alone.

So far I've tried PM #9 and Road Apples and Jesus Christ is this stuff strong. Super clean smoke

Just tested positive for Covid, so I might not smoke for a couple days and my nose might be playing tricks on me, so I'll have a full review later this week.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1684 on: October 04, 2022, 05:56:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thanks dude, I usually try to write them pretty soon after I smoke so sometimes they get a little long winded haha. Frank, iutsm, lydius, and a bunch of others write solid smoke reports too. Lots of sharp stoners up in here.

For the shoe hash I'm gonna say I started with about 1.5-2g of kief, not a ton but enough to figure out if it works. The hardest part is wrapping it up in a way that it won't break open but not too uncomfortable to walk on either. I used the fingers of a surgical glove for the outer wrap and that worked pretty well. Just make sure the inner wrap is something it won't stick too badly to or that you can easily scrape it off of. If it's going to shit and you need to salvage it you can always use a low heat source and pressure from something like a mortar and pestle to speed things up as well. I had to do that with one batch and it turned out fine.
Safe for the shoe hash info bro, definitely trying it asap. I'll have to join yous with the smoke reports, gonna write one up when I get back from work, though I'm sure my prohibition pack won't be quite up to the standard in the thread haha.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1685 on: October 04, 2022, 10:37:37 AM »
Smoking on what I would consider a pretty nice cut of mimosa. The trim admittedly leaves a bit to be desired but it’s a lovely smoke, the flavour is mainly orangey with a bit of a peppery taste as well. The high is pretty fucking stoney, like a strong Indica sort of thing (fairly sure it’s a hybrid but the Indica comes through a lot more). Right now I’m glued to the sofa and gonna finish my spliff watching the new polar vid :))

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1413
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1686 on: October 04, 2022, 12:31:53 PM »
Plastic wrap and tin foil work real nice for that shoe/back pocket hash. Wax paper too
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1687 on: October 04, 2022, 12:33:38 PM »
Got some new stuff from a new grower yesterday. Cool ass dude from the Toronto area, dude knows what he's doing.

Pure Michigan #5
Garlic Breath (free)
Dino Breath. (free)

So far I've tried PM #9 and Road Apples and Jesus Christ is this stuff strong. Super clean smoke

Just tested positive for Covid, so I might not smoke for a couple days and my nose might be playing tricks on me, so I'll have a full review later this week.

Weyyy there he is. How you been booger? Sucks about the Rona, hope you get over it quick. Always nice to see you pop in with your goodies. What's the genetics on the Dino breath? I know Garlic Breath is GMO/Garlic cookies x mendo breath, but I've never seen the dino. I had and thoroughly enjoyed Gator Breath, but that's a motorbreath cross.

I remember being interested by PM last time you posted it. It looked delicious and I think you said homie used it for a bunch of breeding projects. Those GMO crosses are probably pretty near and dear to my heart too. I've been getting bopped on that and watching Sumo like every night for the last 2 weeks haha.

Smoking on what I would consider a pretty nice cut of mimosa. The trim admittedly leaves a bit to be desired but it’s a lovely smoke, the flavour is mainly orangey with a bit of a peppery taste as well. The high is pretty fucking stoney, like a strong Indica sort of thing (fairly sure it’s a hybrid but the Indica comes through a lot more). Right now I’m glued to the sofa and gonna finish my spliff watching the new polar vid :))

Looks good to me, your black market stuff is probably comparable to a lot of our med weed actually. We get good stuff but we also get lots of bullshit. Honestly that was a big part of why I started learning about terps and shit. The packaging requirements in my state mean you don't get to see the flower until after you've bought it, but we have those little analysis labels on everything so when I got sick of paying $40-50 for booty bud I learned to decipher them. It's not perfect, but I usually have a pretty good idea of what a strain is going to smell/taste like and how it'll affect me just from the label.

Mimosa is a good one. It is technically a hybrid but so is 99% of the stuff nowadays. One of the parents is purple punch which is a super chill high and Mimosa tends to have high levels of myrcene (smells kinda like mango) and limonene (citrusy) which is what gives it that funky orange smell/taste. The little spice is from caryophellene which is a terp that's very prominent in black pepper. Mimosa tends to hit me more like an indica as well because of the myrcene content... Lots of myrcene tends to make me spaced out and hungry haha. Here's the one I get with a partial terp report if you're curious.

https://www.iheartjane.com/embed/stores/338/products/690743/moxie-mimosa

Plastic wrap and tin foil work real nice for that shoe/back pocket hash. Wax paper too

Listen to this man. He's smarter than me.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1688 on: October 04, 2022, 01:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote

Pure Michigan #5
Garlic Breath (free)
Dino Breath. (free)

[close]

Weyyy there he is. How you been booger? Sucks about the Rona, hope you get over it quick. Always nice to see you pop in with your goodies. What's the genetics on the Dino breath? I know Garlic Breath is GMO/Garlic cookies x mendo breath, but I've never seen the dino. I had and thoroughly enjoyed Gator Breath, but that's a motorbreath cross.

I remember being interested by PM last time you posted it. It looked delicious and I think you said homie used it for a bunch of breeding projects. Those GMO crosses are probably pretty near and dear to my heart too. I've been getting bopped on that and watching Sumo like every night for the last 2 weeks haha.

Shit you just reminded me the September Basho just went down, I got some catching up to do, perfect for Covid chilling.

Been good man, just off the internet a bit. Been trying to get in on the last fall salmon runs and been doing a ton of BJJ.

I think you'd like Road Apples, it's Apple Fritter x Unicorn Poop, but the GMO stench and classic fox tailing are really present with something else I can't quite put my finger on... slight sweetness maybe ?

PM was used a lot by Barrie Grower for breeding purposes, but this one is straight up Pure Michigan from Thug Pug. I've always had crosses of it, never on its own. Both phenos are quite different. #9 has smaller buds but is putrid smelling (body odor, rotten fruit and amonia) while the #5 has bigger, chunkier buds and more leaning on the lemony-lime and light gas smell. #9 was potent as hell, I'm guessing #5 will be as well. Both are super caked in crystals. This is my kind of strain and it checks all the boxes for me. Super satisfied.

Dino Breath is Peanut butter breath x Stankasaurus from Canadian Craft Genetics. Haven't tried her yet, I'm just waiting on this Covid thing to mellow out before I test it. She's got a real unique look to her.

Garlic Breath I can smell even if my nose is clogged. Just putrid Italian restaurant garbage juice kinda terps.

Super stoked on this new grower.

My usual guy (Panama Red guy) was moving during spring/summer therefore he didn't have a proper garden going on but he's got that fixed for now. Expecting some new landraces for the end of the month so I'm beyond stoked for that.

Black Vietnamese, Balkh (Afghani landrance straight from Afghanistan), Chocolate Thai and some new stuff as well. Apparently he's got a super high CBG strain in the works I'm very curious about. Black Viet is about to get chopped after almost 19 weeks of flowering, that's fucking nuts.

Crazy bastard already started crossing his Black Viet with (Kush Mints x Khalifa Mints) from Barrie Grower. Ho Chi Mints he calls it, I wish I was kidding. Dude's a madman and always a pleasure to talk strains with. Super lucky to have access to his stuff.

His Black Milk (black cherry punch x jellybreath bx1 x cereal milk) just tested at almost 6% terps, so I'm super stoked on that one. Going to be an expensive month.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1689 on: October 04, 2022, 02:17:15 PM »
Had to chop a little early. Upper Ny and i was afraid of frost. This is half of what the bitch gave me.
A two day hang dry then a quick trim. We will see after fully dry and cured how it turns out. Lots of good sugar leaves and shake that i will freeze and make some bho this week. Smells like gasoline. Gimp Piss FTW lol. Great summer experiment.

EDIT. Forgot to add that i did a wash on whats shown before i hung to dry with 50/50 peroxide and water. I still have about half to go but even quick shitty trimming takes forever.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:46:46 PM by Natas Fauxas »

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1690 on: October 04, 2022, 02:30:05 PM »
Nice one. Love me some good outdoor.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1691 on: October 04, 2022, 04:09:47 PM »
Had to chop a little early. Upper Ny and i was afraid of frost. This is half of what the bitch gave me.
A two day hang dry then a quick trim. We will see after fully dry and cured how it turns out. Lots of good sugar leaves and shake that i will freeze and make some bho this week. Smells like gasoline. Gimp Piss FTW lol. Great summer experiment.

EDIT. Forgot to add that i did a wash on whats shown before i hung to dry with 50/50 peroxide and water. I still have about half to go but even quick shitty trimming takes forever.

Oh fuck that looks so beautiful. Classic northeast outdoor bud, man it hasn't truly felt like fall until I saw those pics. I'm being flooded with memories haha...

The gas, color, and the frosty sugar leaves are making me think she's gonna be a heady Betty. So stoked to see the finished product.

Boogs I'm going to respond to you in the morning after I smoke my golden goat. I just ripped a bowl of that LA biker and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open  :D

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1413
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1692 on: October 04, 2022, 05:43:50 PM »

pleeeeease blow a fan on those stalks. keep the air moving for the love of jah!

nice looking plant too btw.

we had a piss plant volunteer once. little bitch popped up in the piss spot on the side of the quonset hut and just kept growing and growing and growing. super frosty little skank she was. after chop we mixed it in the bag with the plant that had a gallon of undiluted fish emulsion spilled on it and sent it home with some trimmer we didn't like  :o :o :o
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1693 on: October 05, 2022, 01:07:20 PM »

Shit you just reminded me the September Basho just went down, I got some catching up to do, perfect for Covid chilling.

Been good man, just off the internet a bit. Been trying to get in on the last fall salmon runs and been doing a ton of BJJ.

I think you'd like Road Apples, it's Apple Fritter x Unicorn Poop, but the GMO stench and classic fox tailing are really present with something else I can't quite put my finger on... slight sweetness maybe ?

PM was used a lot by Barrie Grower for breeding purposes, but this one is straight up Pure Michigan from Thug Pug. I've always had crosses of it, never on its own. Both phenos are quite different. #9 has smaller buds but is putrid smelling (body odor, rotten fruit and amonia) while the #5 has bigger, chunkier buds and more leaning on the lemony-lime and light gas smell. #9 was potent as hell, I'm guessing #5 will be as well. Both are super caked in crystals. This is my kind of strain and it checks all the boxes for me. Super satisfied.

Dino Breath is Peanut butter breath x Stankasaurus from Canadian Craft Genetics. Haven't tried her yet, I'm just waiting on this Covid thing to mellow out before I test it. She's got a real unique look to her.

Garlic Breath I can smell even if my nose is clogged. Just putrid Italian restaurant garbage juice kinda terps.

Super stoked on this new grower.

My usual guy (Panama Red guy) was moving during spring/summer therefore he didn't have a proper garden going on but he's got that fixed for now. Expecting some new landraces for the end of the month so I'm beyond stoked for that.

Black Vietnamese, Balkh (Afghani landrance straight from Afghanistan), Chocolate Thai and some new stuff as well. Apparently he's got a super high CBG strain in the works I'm very curious about. Black Viet is about to get chopped after almost 19 weeks of flowering, that's fucking nuts.

Crazy bastard already started crossing his Black Viet with (Kush Mints x Khalifa Mints) from Barrie Grower. Ho Chi Mints he calls it, I wish I was kidding. Dude's a madman and always a pleasure to talk strains with. Super lucky to have access to his stuff.

His Black Milk (black cherry punch x jellybreath bx1 x cereal milk) just tested at almost 6% terps, so I'm super stoked on that one. Going to be an expensive month.

First off let me just say as a huge fan of both good weed and bad puns, I would buy Ho Chi Mints just for the name. The fact it's from a great grower is a bonus too. That guy sounds awesome and now if he's fucking with afghanica landrace I'm excited to hear how they turn out. I just finished a quarter and a few grams of conc of Black Afghan last month and it was incredible. Chocolate Thai is always a nice little treat too, but it always gives me a sore throat for some reason. That black milk sounds fucking insane. I've had a few 5+% durban jars and it's incredible, it's almost like a concentrate at that point. You feel like you've been huffing gas or something haha. I can't even imagine what 6% with the black milk terps would be like haha. I've never encountered black Viet, but the pictures are crazy... Pure jungle sativas are something I don't have much access to sadly.

Road Apples sounds interesting. I had an apple Fritter a while back that I did not get along with at all, but modern genetics are so varied that sometimes I hate a strain but love the parent or vice versa and the unicorn poop side sounds like something I'd really like. Garlic breath too. Dino Breath

That's right, I was remembering the PM crosses from before. That #9 sounds really interesting, the rotten fruit and BO thing made me think orange krush and a sour blueberry we get here, both of which absolutely smash me. The #5 really sounds like something I'd buy, ultra potent gassy lemon lime are all things I look for.

Dino breath I have zero reference for haha. I've never tried PBB somehow.

The basho was pretty good but very unexpected. Without spoiling too much, the dudes who ended up being contenders down the stretch are not the ones you'll expect but 2 of them are favorites of mine so it was really fun for me PERSONALLY. November is gonna be interesting to see if any of the new contenders start to separate from the pack. Asanoyama should be back up to Makuuuchi for that one I'm pretty sure, so it will be really interesting to see how he stacks up against the big boys after his suspension and demotion.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1694 on: October 07, 2022, 10:49:01 AM »

Grabbed a half ounce of stardawg last night for £70, smoking pretty nice. The taste and smell is really gassy as always with dawg, plus a bit of pine aswell. The high is very Indica leaning and definitely has the glued-to-the-sofa effect haha. The trim is again not the best but not terrible, the cure and drying is really good tho, sticky with a bit of give when you squeeze the nug, but still nice and dry. All in all pretty happy with the smoke

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1695 on: October 07, 2022, 03:14:50 PM »
gnars for everyone on this page

@Natas Fauxas looks awesome despite the early takedown

got some run of the mill wedding cake, it's alright. it tasted great in the beginning and now i'm halfway through it and it kinda tastes like nothing. no i don't have covid, everything else tastes normal. i get that a lot with desert strains. it's like they hit so many tastebuds, in the beginning there's always something flashy or upfront that drifts into the background with further consumption and since they kind of taste like everything a little bit, it's like it all cancels each other out. that's my theory at least.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1696 on: October 07, 2022, 04:46:06 PM »
Road Apples:

https://ibb.co/27H60vv
https://ibb.co/s9vWRrG

Pure Michigan #5
https://ibb.co/DRj4Z2h

Pure Michigan #9
https://ibb.co/H27z4x1

Dino Breath- 1 long bud I had to break up
https://ibb.co/HKZkKtp

Garlic Breath- Same as Dino Breath, 1 bud I broke up (she's the only one I can smell even with Covid)
https://ibb.co/TMkhFsy

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1697 on: October 07, 2022, 05:01:53 PM »

got some run of the mill wedding cake, it's alright. it tasted great in the beginning and now i'm halfway through it and it kinda tastes like nothing. no i don't have covid, everything else tastes normal. i get that a lot with desert strains. it's like they hit so many tastebuds, in the beginning there's always something flashy or upfront that drifts into the background with further consumption and since they kind of taste like everything a little bit, it's like it all cancels each other out. that's my theory at least.
that's kinda how i feel about all the new dessert strains too. trying to be too many things at once, too exotic, too "bred for THC and looks and not as much about taste and longevity". i don't know, i just like simpler hybrids.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1698 on: October 07, 2022, 05:36:30 PM »
Road Apples:

https://ibb.co/27H60vv
https://ibb.co/s9vWRrG

Pure Michigan #5
https://ibb.co/DRj4Z2h

Pure Michigan #9
https://ibb.co/H27z4x1

Dino Breath- 1 long bud I had to break up
https://ibb.co/HKZkKtp

Garlic Breath- Same as Dino Breath, 1 bud I broke up (she's the only one I can smell even with Covid)
https://ibb.co/TMkhFsy

OK I definitely see what you mean about road apples and the GMO structure. Definitely intriguing. Dino breath looks sticky as fuck.

I think my favorite is either pm 9 or the garlic breath. That garlic breath pic just looks like it stinks. So stanky not even covid can stop it should be a marketing bullet point haha.

Expand Quote

[close]
that's kinda how i feel about all the new dessert strains too. trying to be too many things at once, too exotic, too "bred for THC and looks and not as much about taste and longevity". i don't know, i just like simpler hybrids.

Agree 100% about the dessert strains, when they dry out or aren't cured right they end up in one big mess where its hard to distinguish anything and they all kind of taste the same. I think it's because certain terps degrade faster than others and once those more volatile ones are gone you're left with that same limonene-caryophellene base that they all have.

My dad just gave me like a quarter of dessert strains from those Cali bulk ounces with the shitty graphics. Gelato, biscotti, sunset sherb etc. They all smell exactly the same to the point I have no clue what's what and have zero desire to smoke it.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1699 on: October 08, 2022, 02:02:02 AM »
Also big up Biden for having the balls to step up and start making some changes. De-scheduling is a much bigger deal than the other stuff because there honestly just aren't that many federal cases involving simple possession, but it sets an important precedent and guide for states to follow. I can only imagine how different my life would be today if I hadn't been stuck with that scarlet letter when I was 18 and had to drop out of school (you're not eligible for financial aid if you've had any kind of drug conviction in the prior year)... I've always maintained that marijuana was never a gateway to hard drugs for me, but getting arrested and spending time in jail for it sure as fuck was.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1700 on: October 08, 2022, 06:12:39 AM »
Also big up Biden for having the balls to step up and start making some changes. De-scheduling is a much bigger deal than the other stuff because there honestly just aren't that many federal cases involving simple possession, but it sets an important precedent and guide for states to follow. I can only imagine how different my life would be today if I hadn't been stuck with that scarlet letter when I was 18 and had to drop out of school (you're not eligible for financial aid if you've had any kind of drug conviction in the prior year)... I've always maintained that marijuana was never a gateway to hard drugs for me, but getting arrested and spending time in jail for it sure as fuck was.
That’s so fucked up that you were sent prison just for weed, even here in the UK you only go prison for large amounts, the police are generally not bothered about possession. Obviously it needs 2 be fully legalised cos there’s always the chance some cunt policeman throws the book at u for a Z or some shit.

caked

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1701 on: October 08, 2022, 08:41:43 AM »
Yep agreed with the above, big move for Biden to get the ball rolling on decrim/legalization. The best thing about it is the rescheduling of cannabis. This will allow our cannabis research scene to flourish and that's wonderful because we are 100 years behind on cannabis research. Pretty excited about this news. But truly doubt my Republican governor will do anything about pardoning people with possession charges. I hate living in a red state.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #1702 on: October 08, 2022, 09:23:56 AM »
i hate when my bud is laced with pcp. rarely happens though

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1703 on: October 09, 2022, 04:02:26 AM »

That’s so fucked up that you were sent prison just for weed, even here in the UK you only go prison for large amounts, the police are generally not bothered about possession. Obviously it needs 2 be fully legalised cos there’s always the chance some cunt policeman throws the book at u for a Z or some shit.

I didn't go to prison for it, but I did spend a couple days in county jail for possession of under an ounce. They also tried to get me (18 years old and a bit of country bumpkin at this point) to go into the projects with a wire on and just start asking people where I could buy heroin and crack. Years later when I became a junkie I spent plenty of time up in those same projects and I can tell you with absolute certainty that if an 18 year old country kid wandered up in there like that with no vouches he would be lucky if all he got was robbed. If they found the wire it would likely be an instant death sentence. So yeah, they locked me up and tried to make a scared 18 year old kid do something incredibly dangerous and didn't give a shit what happened to him.

That also made it so any time I was stopped by the cops for any reason they would claim they smelled weed - including once when I was home on leave from military training and hadn't so much as seen let alone smoked weed in over a year. I've been arrested like 9 or 10 times in my life, but I've been detained, searched, and questioned at least twice that many times.

On one of those occasions they found my chillum and I got 6 months of probation. When I started getting into oxys and then later heroin some of my first plugs were a guy that I had to do probation classes with, a guy that I was in the holding cell with who went to the same college as me but was from the hood, and a homeless chick from the soup kitchen that I did my community service at. County jail and probation is basically LinkedIn for small time criminals. So dumb to introduce kids to that world because they wanted to smoke a joint with their buddies and listen to the Allman Brothers.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1704 on: October 10, 2022, 12:53:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I didn't go to prison for it, but I did spend a couple days in county jail for possession of under an ounce. They also tried to get me (18 years old and a bit of country bumpkin at this point) to go into the projects with a wire on and just start asking people where I could buy heroin and crack. Years later when I became a junkie I spent plenty of time up in those same projects and I can tell you with absolute certainty that if an 18 year old country kid wandered up in there like that with no vouches he would be lucky if all he got was robbed. If they found the wire it would likely be an instant death sentence. So yeah, they locked me up and tried to make a scared 18 year old kid do something incredibly dangerous and didn't give a shit what happened to him.

That also made it so any time I was stopped by the cops for any reason they would claim they smelled weed - including once when I was home on leave from military training and hadn't so much as seen let alone smoked weed in over a year. I've been arrested like 9 or 10 times in my life, but I've been detained, searched, and questioned at least twice that many times.

On one of those occasions they found my chillum and I got 6 months of probation. When I started getting into oxys and then later heroin some of my first plugs were a guy that I had to do probation classes with, a guy that I was in the holding cell with who went to the same college as me but was from the hood, and a homeless chick from the soup kitchen that I did my community service at. County jail and probation is basically LinkedIn for small time criminals. So dumb to introduce kids to that world because they wanted to smoke a joint with their buddies and listen to the Allman Brothers.

Damn Homie. That is some outrageous shit. Sry. Glad you became a upstanding member of society. Someday ill saunter down to PA. and smoke wit ya.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1705 on: October 10, 2022, 02:23:02 PM »

Damn Homie. That is some outrageous shit. Sry. Glad you became a upstanding member of society. Someday ill saunter down to PA. and smoke wit ya.

I don't know about that, but I'm not a piece of shit anymore at least. I got my ass kicked by the world and learned my lesson for the most part. Still putting it back together slowly but I'm confident I'll get there eventually.

I was skating home from the grocery store today and it was beautiful out so I sparked up a joint of bubblegum since it seemed to match the mood outside. I rolled past a cop who was sitting in a parking and didn't tuck it and instantly panicked just out of reflex, then remembered that it's 2022 and shits finally changed. It makes me so happy to not have to hide it.

I reupped on gg4 carts and Blueberry muffin rosin because it was on sale today and all the indicas coming out lately have been weak and I know theyre good batches. I just spied something on the menu at the other dispensary in my hood that looks really interesting. I was just going to reup on golden goat but they have something that doesn't have a name but is just listed as Jack the Ripper x Pineapple x Cindy 99 bx3. It's 27% thc and around terpinoline/myrcene dominant. Ive never had JTR but it looks like your typical "super jack" cross and pineapple and c99 have both been staples for me at different points in my life. Definitely looking forward to trying that one, if the weather is nice tomorrow I might skate over after work.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1706 on: October 10, 2022, 03:18:41 PM »

3\4 of first half. Big colas are still drying. @Butfart Rapedick its funny because i have one autoflower GG4 seed that im thinking of doing rn. I wonder if it will take abuse indoors like this one rando seed did outdoors.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1707 on: October 12, 2022, 02:27:09 PM »

3\4 of first half. Big colas are still drying. @Butfart Rapedick its funny because i have one autoflower GG4 seed that im thinking of doing rn. I wonder if it will take abuse indoors like this one rando seed did outdoors.

Damn son. Not a bad yield for mystery bag seed you tinkled all over.

I think I've mentioned this before but gg4 got so popular so fast and was cloned so much there's apparently been significant "genetic drift" and theres some phenos that you can torture but also a lot that will herm or otherwise go wonky half the time even if you do everything right. The guy who was telling me about it worked for one of our better growers and said he'll never run it again after the issues they had. So I'd say with a gg4 with ruderalis AF genes there's a decent chance something goes wrong, but you've obviously got a bit of a yellow.. I mean green.. thumb so it could be a fun little challenge. The end result will be worth it if it turns out, I know most people like gg4 mostly for the medical effects (and I'm one of them) but the super indica heavy pheno that I get has a chocolatey finish to it that sticks with you and pairs really well with coffee or tobacco.

It was soooo nice out today that I had to run down to the dispensary and grab that jack the ripper cross. They had a pretty nice sale going and I needed some sativa flower so I ended up grabbing a few other things too. Moby Dick, apple Sundae, and Bio Jesus. 2 indicas, 2 sativas. The bio jesus is probably the best of the bunch, I'm a disappointed in both the moby dick and JTR cross from first impression, but maybe it'll smoke better than it looks. The apple sundae was on sale for $15 and looks like its going to be a pleasant surprise.

Everything except the Bio Jesus was pretty dry so I put moisture packs in all the jars and I'm gonna let them sit for a few hours and see if they come to life.

The Moby Dick I should have known better. I swore this grower off a long time ago specifically because of the last time I bought this exact strain but MD is a great strain when done well and the terps looked good. We've had some formerly bad growers get really dialed in this year so I thought maybe these guys had changed too but nope it could have been identical to last time. Same dry ass, bullshit trimmed, sticks and dust filled jars that they somehow think are worth $50-60. I got mine for $29 and I feel ripped off. Actually the weed itself isn't bad, there's just so little actual bud with how much leaf and stem they leave. Its not marked as rough cut or untrimmed either. Classic cheap ass slimeball profit first tactics. Fuck those guys.

To add insult, they're already sold out of golden goat and they have a really nice looking batch of Jack from a grower I know does it well that I was originally going to get but swapped out for the Moby Dick at the last minute. If this pineapple JTR doesn't scratch the itch I might have to go back tomorrow and grab one of those Jack eighths before they sell out too.

Pics later once it's done hydrating.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1708 on: October 13, 2022, 04:33:50 AM »
Pics of the stuff I got yesterday.

https://imgur.com/a/xDeO4Jo

Sadly my initial predictions seem to be pretty accurate, though I haven't tried the Apple Sundae yet.

The Moby is a decent enough heady sativa that's fairly tasty and reminds me of trainwreck in effect. I'm going to trim the rest of it later but save for one nug it's leafy, larfy, seedy crap. I'd love to see a competent grower run these genetics (white widow x haze) and see how it comes out. I did get a few seeds that might be viable from it though.

The JTR cross is weird. When I rehydrated it the hay smell went away and now there's a very distinct floral smell like a fresh rose that's overwhelming the citrusy stuff. The taste is kind of muddled and generic, despite not really smelling it originally I tasted the Cindy more than anything. The high is similarly generic.. It's a functional sativa so you get high with very little in the way of sedation but it lacks the motivating and mood elevating effects of my usual trio of morning strains (goat, Jack, durban). Its fine and I don't feel ripped off or anything, but I had really high hopes for an energizing and creative day starter based on the genetics and it didn't really deliver.

Thankfully the Bio Jesus sure did. Genetics on this are (Gumbo x Bio Diesel) with BD being a strong gassy diesel cross and gumbo being a very potent indica bubblegum strain. The result is a sweet, gassy, spicy knockout punch. I didn't necessarily need another strong indica but I couldn't pass up the deal and I'm extremely glad I didn’t now. I've had this stuff in extract form many times and I'm happy to report the flower is just as potent. It's one of those ones where you already know it's good by the time you've started to exhale the green hit. I believe the youth would describe it as a bunch of flame and gas pump emoji. Interestingly one not so great effect from the carts is also present here... this strain is brutal on my throat. It has a sharp spicy terp in it that makes me cough and leaves my throat feeling sore but adding ice to my bong and taking small hits makes it manageable and it would be worth it either way for the effects. It has one of the strongest and purest crushing gassy indica effects I've found. I would go so far as to call it must-try for gasmen or sleepy indica fans.

The apple sundae smells solid. Gonna try that one later today.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 04:44:09 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1709 on: October 13, 2022, 07:53:32 AM »
Pics of the stuff I got yesterday.

https://imgur.com/a/xDeO4Jo

Sadly my initial predictions seem to be pretty accurate, though I haven't tried the Apple Sundae yet.

The Moby is a decent enough heady sativa that's fairly tasty and reminds me of trainwreck in effect. I'm going to trim the rest of it later but save for one nug it's leafy, larfy, seedy crap. I'd love to see a competent grower run these genetics (white widow x haze) and see how it comes out. I did get a few seeds that might be viable from it though.

The JTR cross is weird. When I rehydrated it the hay smell went away and now there's a very distinct floral smell like a fresh rose that's overwhelming the citrusy stuff. The taste is kind of muddled and generic, despite not really smelling it originally I tasted the Cindy more than anything. The high is similarly generic.. It's a functional sativa so you get high with very little in the way of sedation but it lacks the motivating and mood elevating effects of my usual trio of morning strains (goat, Jack, durban). Its fine and I don't feel ripped off or anything, but I had really high hopes for an energizing and creative day starter based on the genetics and it didn't really deliver.

Thankfully the Bio Jesus sure did. Genetics on this are (Gumbo x Bio Diesel) with BD being a strong gassy diesel cross and gumbo being a very potent indica bubblegum strain. The result is a sweet, gassy, spicy knockout punch. I didn't necessarily need another strong indica but I couldn't pass up the deal and I'm extremely glad I didn’t now. I've had this stuff in extract form many times and I'm happy to report the flower is just as potent. It's one of those ones where you already know it's good by the time you've started to exhale the green hit. I believe the youth would describe it as a bunch of flame and gas pump emoji. Interestingly one not so great effect from the carts is also present here... this strain is brutal on my throat. It has a sharp spicy terp in it that makes me cough and leaves my throat feeling sore but adding ice to my bong and taking small hits makes it manageable and it would be worth it either way for the effects. It has one of the strongest and purest crushing gassy indica effects I've found. I would go so far as to call it must-try for gasmen or sleepy indica fans.

The apple sundae smells solid. Gonna try that one later today.
Bio Jesus looks like some fire, gassy + sweet strains over pure dessert flavour any day