Author Topic: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead"  (Read 62521 times)

NoComply180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • Objectivity police
Re: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead"
« Reply #480 on: December 01, 2022, 12:53:35 PM »
Will watch this shortly. No comply up 9-10 stairs sounds cool. Bracing for having to wade through underwhelming gen-z skaters doing mid NYC tricks just to get to see a handful of good tricks that will possibly be ruined by filming

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2022, 01:23:13 PM »
Am I buggin or was this video full of abds?

pj chad

• Rep: 7
« Reply #482 on: December 01, 2022, 01:23:39 PM »
i just don't understand how someone can be filming for what, 20+ years, and has the opportunity to film what may be considered the trick of the year, and this is what is produced

EagleassMF

• Rep: 11
Re: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead" Coming Soon
« Reply #483 on: December 01, 2022, 01:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Aiden’s (half) part was surprisingly good.
[close]
why is that a surprise

Because everything since 917 has been underwhelming

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #484 on: December 01, 2022, 01:36:25 PM »
i just don't understand how someone can be filming for what, 20+ years, and has the opportunity to film what may be considered the trick of the year, and this is what is produced

I mean yada yadda its filmed like dogshit BUT you can't judge it by a still-frame. its a video, its about motion. and all y'all toys having your imaginary conversations with the filmer or others even saying you would give him "two black eyes"... the dudes that are filmed in this choose to be filmed by him. they prolly like what he's putting together
fun fun fun

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #485 on: December 01, 2022, 01:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean yada yadda its filmed like dogshit BUT you can't judge it by a still-frame. its a video, its about motion. and all y'all toys having your imaginary conversations with the filmer or others even saying you would give him "two black eyes"... the dudes that are filmed in this choose to be filmed by him. they prolly like what he's putting together
The video was also shitty. And you can judge it by a frame. A well composed and timed shot should not contain anything that looks like that frame.

And these skaters are having stockholm syndrome because they want to look cool and having their footage ruined and having pervy photo shoots in strobeck's dahmeresque apartment is the only way to do it.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #486 on: December 01, 2022, 01:42:25 PM »

“ABD’s and illegals” would have been a better name for the vid
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #487 on: December 01, 2022, 01:46:35 PM »

not a single person who watched this wasn't waiting for the second angle

BrockSamson

• Rep: 3
« Reply #488 on: December 01, 2022, 01:48:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anybody notice the Jordan 1’s sage was wearing with a converse star instead of a swoosh? Am I seeing this wrong?
My screen cap is too big to post. 12:10 in video hit pause. They are white
[close]

I was curious about that too, they did a really hideous pair of converse with a jordan logo on them a couple years ago so maybe they're doing the reverse now. Or he could've just taken the nike logo off himself and painted the star on
[close]

Maybe theyre re-releasing the weapons hi
[close]

Nah, they are definitely Jordan 1’s.

customs i think. you can kind of see some lines where the swoosh panel was cut out.

thebacker

« Reply #489 on: December 01, 2022, 01:55:39 PM »

i def noticed some abds

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
« Reply #490 on: December 01, 2022, 01:58:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anybody notice the Jordan 1’s sage was wearing with a converse star instead of a swoosh? Am I seeing this wrong?
[close]

I was curious about that too, they did a really hideous pair of converse with a jordan logo on them a couple years ago so maybe they're doing the reverse now. Or he could've just taken the nike logo off himself and painted the star on
[close]

[close]

[close]

customs i think. you can kind of see some lines where the swoosh panel was cut out.
Did he also wear a Jordan shirt? I'm thinking it was orange but don't feel like watching that again to find it

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: December 01, 2022, 02:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Did he also wear a Jordan shirt? I'm thinking it was orange but don't feel like watching that again to find it

He had an orange Nike X Supreme shirt or soccer jersey in a clip, I don’t recall a Jordan shirt
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 198
« Reply #492 on: December 01, 2022, 02:00:12 PM »
Lol Metallica

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #493 on: December 01, 2022, 02:01:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Nike x Supreme shirt I think.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #494 on: December 01, 2022, 02:01:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He had an orange Nike X Supreme shirt or soccer jersey in a clip, I don’t recall a Jordan shirt

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #495 on: December 01, 2022, 02:02:30 PM »
Ben Kadow with that shoulder tap while parting the crowd really won me over.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #496 on: December 01, 2022, 02:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i def noticed some abds

same

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #497 on: December 01, 2022, 02:19:01 PM »
When the Metallica song started I was like, holy shit, the Danny Way part is finally here 

Was absolutely not expecting him, or for him to skate the Rick Owens store so much, but I'll take it for sure 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
« Reply #498 on: December 01, 2022, 02:29:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ah yep that was it. Me dum

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #499 on: December 01, 2022, 02:30:53 PM »
great vid i think it beats out Define for spot #2 of full lengths of the year

1. GX1000 RH4P
2. Supreme Play Dead
3. Primitive Define
4. Polar - Sounds like you guys are crushing it
5. sour solution 3
Fixed this for you.

1. Sour Solution 3
2. GX1000 RH4P
3. Polar - Sounds like you guys are killing it
4. Primitive Define
5. Supreme Play Dead
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

cannibalochs

• Rep: -1
« Reply #500 on: December 01, 2022, 02:46:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/walkerCryan/status/1598384525503041536

LOL at how badly butchered the tre clip is after seeing the angle from that tweet.

cannibalochs

« Reply #501 on: December 01, 2022, 02:47:38 PM »
At this point, I hope the King video is this part with alternative angles

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #502 on: December 01, 2022, 02:52:23 PM »
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

Zaaa

« Reply #503 on: December 01, 2022, 02:52:35 PM »
What a fascinating coincidence that Strobeck picked rock songs by white people for the white skaters and hiphop, rnb and reggae songs by black people for the black skaters! I don't think he's ever done that before

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #504 on: December 01, 2022, 02:56:52 PM »
Nik stain had the best part. I think that Metallica song would’ve went way better on nyjahs new part.
First kid is overrated.
I thought a hammer was about to happen for sure when they included that security guard clip, and then it was a just a ride on grind.

SSBSTRS

• Rep: 6
« Reply #505 on: December 01, 2022, 02:59:26 PM »
I honestly usually don't mind the filming, but it's noticeably bad in that first part. Deftones track was sick though.

Also, Rowan's kickflip front board in the middle of Ben's part is fucking BONKERS, idk if anyone's brought that up yet in this behemoth of a thread.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #506 on: December 01, 2022, 03:03:39 PM »
If you're ever filming a friend doing a trick down a big set of stairs, be sure to zoom in so tight that you never actually see the stairs in the clip. It creates this really cool effect that can make a hardflip down 12 almost look like it was done on flat ground, it's really cool.Bonus points if you zoom in so tight that you can barely tell it was a hardflip.

I'm sorry, I know it's beating a dead horse but come the fuck on, Bill.
Do you're wacky seizure-cam superzooms on filler tricks, not when someone is throwing down a hammer.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #507 on: December 01, 2022, 03:06:07 PM »
I watched 5 minutes...it's  one of  worst filmed video..I dunno maybe ever not including handy cam days..not sure how to get through it. Can't see how it's worth it.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 80
« Reply #508 on: December 01, 2022, 03:11:26 PM »
that kid hucking back 3 down the huge set that Kader kickflipped for the gram recently where you have to roll off a like 4 or 5 right before is fucking insane (i think antonio durao also kickflipped it? not sure what else has been done but back 3 was nuts)

also ironic that Bill would post that "east vs. west" IG story tagging Tyshawn and Nyjah the other day knowing full well that he was within days of being revealed as the ultimate butcher of Tyshawn's chances at winning again. Bill's filming doesn't bother me that much a lot of the time but his style really does not fit with Tyshawn's skating at all. he's too tall, his tricks are popped too high, the spots he skates are too huge and gnarly, the casual zoomed in thing just doesn't work there. feels natural in a lot of other contexts (for example, it feels right in Troy or Kader's footage) but Tyshawn really needs to start working with someone else because his clips get absolutely decimated by this dude. there's a time and a place for that vibe and kickflipping a subway gap is not one of them. praying for a My War or Rough Cut or something on that with another angle or two

imafugyashizup

• Rep: 12
« Reply #509 on: December 01, 2022, 03:16:52 PM »

noticed and googled for them instantly with no luck