Author Topic: Anaheim Spots/Parks  (Read 1899 times)

streetsoup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
Anaheim Spots/Parks
« on: February 12, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »
Going to be in Anaheim for a few days. Bought tickets to Disneyland for my girlfriend over the weekend because she is somehow still obsessed. Maybe ill find out what all the hype is about.
When not stuck in the amusement park, wondering what spots might be close by? Any ledges or curb spots? Skate tourism? Nearby parks worth visiting?
Thanks Pals

Pinballer

• Rep: -2
Re: Anaheim Spots/Parks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:55:39 PM »
Check out Ponderosa skatepark, pretty new I think, haven't been. But I know it's in Anaheim. Also drive 30 min out to Costa Mesa and skate the Volcom Skatepark.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 10:21:04 PM »
Anaheim has like 3 or 4 parks. They're all pretty fun. Pondy is probably the best. No offense but don't go to volcom. It's a shitty park with shitty kids. Santa Ana park or Van's hb is fun.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 10:27:06 PM »
Vans park(s)

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2257
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
Chapparel park, downtown Anaheim off lincoln and Anaheim blvd, rio vista park, and a bunch of mini spots down katella from harbor to euclid. You'll recognize some shit from videos.

Ponderosa is worth the skate. all the other parks arent really. All these are within a couple miles of mickey land.

Edit: If you want to recreate Ronnie Creager lines the ledges off harbor and chapman are still mostly a go, the hockey rink and his super quick 3 trick line are also down Chapman going east like a block before Haster. Angel stadium has stuff too,near the hooters theres some popular banks and a hidden one thats chill in that same area, around the way by the bus/train station theres some gnarly freeway overpass bank.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:47:21 PM by Francis Xavier »

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 04:27:22 PM »
Hell yeah. Thanks all.
Any of these spots or parks lit up at night?

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 07:38:19 PM »
Ponderossa is great and yes, Volcom sucks over all but it has one of my favorite minibowls ever if you're into that

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 04:49:49 PM »
Chapparel park isn't a skatepark n has a little somethin to mess around on for everybody.

Sadlands if you wanna get nostalgic.

The Santa Ana river bed has stuff to skate under just about every overpass but watch out for yourself down there, it's like the Wild West where anything goes.

Like a post before me said under the overpass next to the train staion is where Ray Barbee had a Skateboard Mag cover and it's where Dlyan pulled an alley oop wallride in his Gravis part. There's some little things to dick around on there.

Be prepared to spend a bit of cash at the Happiest Place on Earth... Last time was there I witnessed a woman spend over $90 on food for lunch.

Ponderossa is great and yes, Volcom sucks over all but it has one of my favorite minibowls ever if you're into that

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 07:00:03 PM »
Check out Ponderosa skatepark, pretty new I think, haven't been. But I know it's in Anaheim. Also drive 30 min out to Costa Mesa and skate the Volcom Skatepark.

Don't do this, that park is douche heavy and seems to have a skate camp going on every fucking day. Go to Vans HB. There are plenty of places to skate around the area too including Golden West College.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2257
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 08:24:12 PM »
There are so many spots in Anaheim you'll waste your time driving to HB Vans. Just saying. I got some park structure spots too if it's raining,just pm me

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 11:13:58 AM »
There are so many spots in Anaheim you'll waste your time driving to HB Vans. Just saying. I got some park structure spots too if it's raining,just pm me

I thought he wanted to go the park route, but yes the urban sprawl that is Orange County is more than sufficient to skate around. Just make sure you have a car because getting around can be a massive bitch without one.