Author Topic: Skaters most likely to get CTE  (Read 15499 times)

links, pics, and quotes

Re: Skaters most likely to get CTE
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2019, 11:08:38 AM »
[7:50]

Jamie Foy: I remember feeling just a smack, a big bright flash, and old music - like old Lil Wayne music playing through my head. Whenever I get rocked really hard, I always hear old music in my head.

Chris Nieratko: Really?!

Jamie: Yeah. Every time. Instead of like the cartoon cuckoos -

Chris: Hahahaha!

Jamie: - I hear the music that I used to listen to on my bus ride to high school.

Chris: Oh my god. That's amazing.

Jamie: Yeah. That's what I always get knocked back into like - yeah, back into 2010 music going through my head.

Chris: I love it.

Jamie: I was thinking about obviously - first thought was like, "Do I have to go to the hospital?" But I knew where I was at. Some people get scared of certain concussions, but the only reason I would be scared of a concussion is: one, you don't know where you're at; two, you don't know what happened; three, you don't know who you're around. Like that type of stuff. When things that are for sure facts that you should know, you don't know - that's when you got a bad concussion.

ChronicBluntSlider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2019, 11:17:20 AM »
Crazy how adults in the skate industry seem more concerned about being perceived as cool by the kids than being any sort of reasonable voice.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2019, 11:49:30 AM »
Well its not like skaters are the smartest people on earth, is it? :D

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2019, 11:51:45 AM »
My first thought was 0:58

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi