Author Topic: vans x HUF shoe  (Read 5867 times)

loophole

vans x HUF shoe
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
never though i'd be making a shoe thread.

http://slamxhype.com/fashion/vans-x-huf-sf-old-skool/

not bad!

GnarlesManson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: vans x HUF shoe
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »
those do look very nice

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »
I like the stuff HUF does, looks really classy

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »
$85 not a bad price for all the materials they use on them.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
85 dollars is a very high price especially considering the materials they used on them. and even if they did use good materials it wouldnt matter because 90% of the people that buy these will wear them once(with a matching hat and shirt) then put them back in the box and never wear them again.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 05:07:55 PM »
that logo could totally be a nazi symbol. hittnagel!

still a good looking shoe, the details are lovely.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 05:28:50 PM »
such a nice shoe

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 07:21:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
85 dollars is a very high price especially considering the materials they used on them. and even if they did use good materials it wouldnt matter because 90% of the people that buy these will wear them once(with a matching hat and shirt) then put them back in the box and never wear them again.
Usually how much are old skools like $45-$55?
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »
edit: nevermind, those have canvas on the side

wtb all suede old skools
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 07:54:41 PM by Beer Keg Peg Leg »

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 08:05:54 PM »
edit: nevermind, those have canvas on the side

wtb all suede old skools

If you want all suede old skools, get the city pack ones

And personally, the Huf logo reminds me of A-team's logo.

therealmario

• Rep: -20
  • is there life on jars?
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 08:51:10 PM »
I like the stuff HUF does, looks really classy
faggot.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 11:39:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Usually how much are old skools like $45-$55?
they retail at 45 i believe, (which is overpriced)
so even though huf is rad, paying 40 dollars more to have some extra fancy animal skin that was prepared with toxic chemicals in a third world country just seems pretty pointless.

vihreekerma

• Rep: 21
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 02:04:24 AM »
That red one is one hella good looking shoe! not a change of getting these though...

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Free Max B
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 06:47:02 AM »
ill get these on sale for 55 in 2 months.
FREE MAX B

cops keep firing

• Rep: 63
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 09:13:44 AM »
thats cool in all but this is the second time i'll have to bring up huf eluding
my sort of fundamental understanding of being sponsored by a company.

first its the store full of nikes in hayes valley. we went over that; i.e. no one is allergic to money.
but now this? i don't understand how podium is just like "yeah make a shoe with vans even though
you ride for us." can anyone explain how this works? i don't believe any other pro has this much leeway.
i mean if it was an industry norm then koston just could have stayed on lakai and had a one off on nike.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »
never though i'd be making a shoe thread.

http://slamxhype.com/fashion/vans-x-huf-sf-old-skool/

not bad!

i'ma skate the fuck outta these  :)
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 12:28:58 PM »
those are fucking sick! to bad they cost more than a regular oldskool, so ill be waiting for em at the oulet
ohyeahohyeah

royaltrout

• Rep: 7
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »
thats cool in all but this is the second time i'll have to bring up huf eluding
my sort of fundamental understanding of being sponsored by a company.

first its the store full of nikes in hayes valley. we went over that; i.e. no one is allergic to money.
but now this? i don't understand how podium is just like "yeah make a shoe with vans even though
you ride for us." can anyone explain how this works? i don't believe any other pro has this much leeway.
i mean if it was an industry norm then koston just could have stayed on lakai and had a one off on nike.
Keith rides for DVS and his store HUf collabs with companies it sells - doesn't seem that strange to me. Lots of pros own shops that sell their sponsor's rival's products.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »
those are fucking sick! to bad they cost more than a regular oldskool, so ill be waiting for em at the oulet
vans outlets only get vans sold in vans stores. van stores dong get syndicates/pros/collabs

cops keep firing

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 09:37:30 PM »
this is not the appropriate thread but regardless of that, what i am really trying to say is
with the over saturation of pro skaters, doesn't anyone think it would be more, for lack of a better term,
fair to give a shoe collab or a shoe period to someone who NEEDS it? what i am saying is huf has a legitimate
deal with dvs. good for him. it seems extremely excessive to have a collaboration with vans. i know the easiest
response to my argument is 'c'est la vie' and for the ignorant people here 'thats life!'. ok i got it, now present
me a better argument as to why a pro with a shoe sponsor and a decent career is able to have another shoe with
his name on it on another shoe company (that isn't his main sponsor) and that company being as legit as it gets (vans). this is in no way a diss
against huf. he is an amazing skater and i am happy for him but in a time where there are a ridiculous amount of
struggling pros with nothing to fall back on, it just seems silly for someone to have this much pull. i challenge anyone
to say something more than thats the way the industry is...

(a good example would be how fucking long it took fred gall to get the pro shoe he should have had eons ago)
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »
Huf is a store like supreme, recon, undefeated etc. It's not a keith hufnagel pro shoe it's a collaboration with his store.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:48:24 PM by ChildoftheGhetto »

spare change

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 09:50:31 PM »
You'd think people could easily figure that out.
Apparently not.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »
You'd think people could easily figure that out.
Apparently not.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 12:26:59 AM »
If Keith was sponsored by Ball Park Franks would he be allowed to do a huf collab with Oscar Meyer?

cops keep firing

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 01:23:42 AM »
Huf is a store like supreme, recon, undefeated etc. It's not a keith hufnagel pro shoe it's a collaboration with his store.

if you really want to play that card, are you trying to say keith hufnagel's likeness and name don't have anything to do with the
success of his store and the expected success of this shoe?

this shoe is clearly not marketed towards the bubblegum tate/asian sneake rhead demographic.
huf is store is such a cheap shot, fair enough yet extremely cheap. that said you still haven't answered the question.

edit:

thats like saying if poets (gino's skateshop) had a collaboration with someone that it would sell because of how famous poets is on its on.
not having anything to with the the fact the gino opened the store. what kind of stupid shit is that? huf 'the store' is collaboration with vans
and it has nothing to do with 'huf' the man himself. are you high?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:26:47 AM by cops keep firing »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 01:36:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you really want to play that card, are you trying to say keith hufnagel's likeness and name don't have anything to do with the

this shoe is clearly not marketed towards the bubblegum tate/asian sneake rhead demographic.
huf is store is such a cheap shot, fair enough yet extremely cheap. that said you still haven't answered the question.

edit:

thats like saying if poets (gino's skateshop) had a collaboration with someone that it would sell because of how famous poets is on its on.
not having anything to with the the fact the gino opened the store. what kind of stupid shit is that? huf 'the store' is collaboration with vans
Huf is a sneaker boutique. The only people that know that huf is/was a pro skateboarder are skateboarders. I doubt anyone that shops there/would buy those shoes knows that huf is an actual person. I would also like to add that you're overestimating the selling power that huf's (the skateboarder) name has behind it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:00:39 AM by ChildoftheGhetto »

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 02:54:34 AM »
this is not the appropriate thread but regardless of that, what i am really trying to say is
with the over saturation of pro skaters, doesn't anyone think it would be more, for lack of a better term,
fair to give a shoe collab or a shoe period to someone who NEEDS it? what i am saying is huf has a legitimate
deal with dvs. good for him. it seems extremely excessive to have a collaboration with vans. i know the easiest
response to my argument is 'c'est la vie' and for the ignorant people here 'thats life!'. ok i got it, now present
me a better argument as to why a pro with a shoe sponsor and a decent career is able to have another shoe with
his name on it on another shoe company (that isn't his main sponsor) and that company being as legit as it gets (vans). this is in no way a diss
against huf. he is an amazing skater and i am happy for him but in a time where there are a ridiculous amount of
struggling pros with nothing to fall back on, it just seems silly for someone to have this much pull. i challenge anyone
to say something more than thats the way the industry is...

(a good example would be how fucking long it took fred gall to get the pro shoe he should have had eons ago)

Argument Fail!

spare change

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 08:11:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

edit:

Well obviously the store is successful because of keith,his connections and the people he aligns himself with to help with his buying and designing. But you're getting the fact that he used his nickname as the name for his store all twisted with him endorsing this stuff personally.
If he had used any other name it wouldn't matter,because it would just be a shop he owned along with heath kirchart owing subsect,kerry getz owning nocturnal and so on and so on. Those shops have also been involved with co branding things like shoes with other companies but you just don't hear about it and noone cares because theres no confusion with the name. Mostly because huf does tons of marketing and because they actually produce unique items that people want.
Here's the halfcab s.p.o.t. did, not exactly worth forming a line over imo.

Yes keith hufnagel used his name association to gain recognition for his store,but they are obviously separate entities now. dvs has accepted that, maybe everyone else should too.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:13:43 AM by spare change »

cops keep firing

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 09:22:51 AM »

Yes keith hufnagel used his name association to gain recognition for his store,but they are obviously separate entities now. dvs has accepted that, maybe everyone else should too.

i just don't think you can disassociate keith the skater from huf the store.
it sounds silly just saying that the should be recognized as separate but i won't continue to beat a dead horse.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 09:37:48 AM »
It's just shows that HUF as a brand has succeeded beyond his name. To people that don't know, it's just a dude's name that started a company....like Shawn Stussy. It's cool that HUF is a skater but that is a very small part to what HUF is as a whole. He's gone a long way from the first time I used to go there...when they had DVS, iPath and DC on his stocklist.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!