Author Topic: are political pros lame?  (Read 12864 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2212
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: are political pros lame?
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2022, 07:41:05 PM »
i can’t believe your SO left you, what were they thinking
This guy over here must’ve worked for Dionne Warwick’s Psychic Friends Network, or Sister Cleo, or something, because mans is all up in my head, reading my thoughts.
Condolences about that break-up, tho.
Hope you feel better soon.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2022, 08:38:25 PM »
Political pros suck. Paul Hart is a good example. There is no reason to bring politics into skating unless you want someone to hate on you for that. Leave that shit out of it. Let me just see some sick tre flips

What is bringing politics into skating tho? Like having some political deck graphic or some political shit in a skate video or magazine ad?

Is sharing some political belief on some social media account considered bringing politics into skating?

Chavo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2022, 08:56:32 PM »
I would like to think that Ed Templeton's TWS interview challenged my personal beliefs, which were somewhat conservative then. Until that point, I never heard anyone within skateboarding (my peers or the "industry" in general) address homophobia. Now I could care less what he or any other pro thinks, but to answer your question--no(?).

LebowskisRug

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2022, 01:13:17 PM »
I would rather listen to pro skaters talk about politics than 95% of the people I grew up around and many of my friend's SO's. Cuz at least at the end of the day we have something likable in common that we both could relate to.

guccislides

« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2022, 12:03:38 PM »
There’s definitely one political party that skaters see as lame and one they see as cool/good which is sad. So I guess it depends on their party, but we tend to jump to conclusions when we shouldn’t.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Political pros suck. Paul Hart is a good example. There is no reason to bring politics into skating unless you want someone to hate on you for that. Leave that shit out of it. Let me just see some sick tre flips
[close]

What is bringing politics into skating tho? Like having some political deck graphic or some political shit in a skate video or magazine ad?

Is sharing some political belief on some social media account considered bringing politics into skating?

You know that the process of building skateparks as a part of spatial planning and development is also political.

So I'm glad that skaters get political and get involved in this planning process.

sle_epy

• Rep: -95
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2022, 12:18:05 PM »
I miss the days where you didn't have a clue as to any celebrities politics and you didn't know what they were like as a person. It makes everything more consumable.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2022, 12:31:36 PM »
There’s definitely one political party that skaters see as lame and one they see as cool/good which is sad. So I guess it depends on their party, but we tend to jump to conclusions when we shouldn’t.

What a dope and smart message! Sure glad you boosted this thread!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2022, 12:52:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What a dope and smart message! Sure glad you boosted this thread!

he got made fun of for being a libertarian so now he has to shove it down our throats. i wish these guys that were all about personal liberty would give me my personal liberty of being free from seeing their opinions.

bohemian

• Rep: -319
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2022, 03:00:54 PM »
political is one thing, but this is even worse imo

i mean the dude is a great skateboarder, thats all i need from him. like any other artist, i follow them for their craft, not their political view, religion or fucking other random hobbies. i could care less about their opinions and private life, and i feel they abuse their positions by pushing these things.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2022, 03:15:04 PM »

i mean the dude is a great skateboarder, thats all i need from him. like any other artist, i follow them for their craft, not their political view, religion or fucking other random hobbies. i could care less about their opinions and private life, and i feel they abuse their positions by pushing these things.

skanye

• Rep: -29
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2022, 03:57:21 PM »
Left/Right diff sides of the same shitcoin. avoid avoid. Ryan Lay looks Like Mikey Taylors contrarian son. Dorks.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2022, 05:26:56 PM »

Born on third thinks he hit a triple.  Gotta make sense of that shit somehow, it’d be helpful for his mindset if you could agree please!

GroovySinner

• Rep: -79
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2022, 08:16:37 PM »
Would you rather do a fs blunt for trump or a bs blunt for Biden ?? Lmao why is this even a question?? I think you ( the original poster ) is more lame for even asking this . I bet you can’t even blunt to fakie on a 3 ft quarter yet you have the “balls “ to get political 😂😂 typical person why I hate skateboarding now a days , it always has to be be about you sissy

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2022, 08:19:12 PM »
Would you rather do a fs blunt for trump or a bs blunt for Biden ?? Lmao why is this even a question?? I think you ( the original poster ) is more lame for even asking this . I bet you can’t even blunt to fakie on a 3 ft quarter yet you have the “balls “ to get political 😂😂 typical person why I hate skateboarding now a days , it always has to be be about you sissy

go off king

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2022, 07:28:23 AM »
Only if they disagree with me

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2022, 09:33:16 AM »
I think it’s good. I was riding a Franky spears deck when he posted a jordan peterson meme so I literally took the deck off and gave it away.

I only buy Rodney mullen boards now I can’t trust anyone haven’t been happier those Uber decks are nice

bohemian

• Rep: -319
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2022, 09:45:04 AM »
I was riding a Franky spears deck when he posted a jordan peterson meme so I literally took the deck off and gave it away.

thats almost as stupid as prod praising jesus for his success.

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2022, 09:45:30 AM »
Man, fuck all parties tbh. Power to the people!
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2022, 10:28:25 AM »
My political party is Slap Pal. I back the party with every fiber of my soul.

Pros should too.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2022, 11:16:05 AM »
I think it’s good. I was riding a Franky spears deck when he posted a jordan peterson meme so I literally took the deck off and gave it away.

I only buy Rodney mullen boards now I can’t trust anyone haven’t been happier those Uber decks are nice

Why Jordan Peterson is that bad?
Miss you Rusty Berings

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2022, 11:18:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How is babby formed?

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2022, 11:21:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How is babby formed?

jokes aside. I really dont even know the  guy.
Miss you Rusty Berings

dannyprovolone

« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2022, 11:27:37 AM »
Gotta give it up to my man p rod for taking time out of his Christmas Day to bless us with some good vibes

Useless_wooden_lurker

• Rep: 36
  • Congratulations! You've wasted your life!
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2022, 02:03:57 PM »
You mean like Lacey baker?

Way to add some transphobia to this thread.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2022, 02:53:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Born on third thinks he hit a triple.  Gotta make sense of that shit somehow, it’d be helpful for his mindset if you could agree please!

P-Rod is a bummer. I met him a few years back in LA. The hoops he expects others to jump through for him is absurd. He seems to be very used to getting his ass kissed by SLS kooks.

I remember my old manager backed him after he came through our shop when he was still on City Stars. Sadly, I can't say the same thing about adult P-Rod after I met him in LA.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2022, 03:48:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How is babby formed?
[close]

jokes aside. I really dont even know the  guy.
Here is a short video explaining who Jordan Peterson is.

Southernmost

• Rep: 121
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

P-Rod is a bummer. I met him a few years back in LA. The hoops he expects others to jump through for him is absurd. He seems to be very used to getting his ass kissed by SLS kooks.

I remember my old manager backed him after he came through our shop when he was still on City Stars. Sadly, I can't say the same thing about adult P-Rod after I met him in LA.

Met him in Tampa once. I Didn’t say much more than what’s up, how’s the knee (after his injury) and he couldn’t have been cooler or more genuine. He even took a photo and signed autographs for every single kid that asked. I’m not religious myself but I’m not gonna be mad or clown him for believing or being thankful for his accomplishments.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2022, 06:41:48 PM »
I’m gonna clown every religifuck I see mercilessly. Magic sky daddy believing morons. Just over the internet and not to anyone’s face.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2022, 06:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Met him in Tampa once. I Didn’t say much more than what’s up, how’s the knee (after his injury) and he couldn’t have been cooler or more genuine. He even took a photo and signed autographs for every single kid that asked. I’m not religious myself but I’m not gonna be mad or clown him for believing or being thankful for his accomplishments.

In fairness, being nice to people who are big fans of you, or ask about your injury is a crazy low bar, but I’m glad he got wasn’t rude for no reason.  He’s absurdly lucky to have the life he has and others are absurdly unlucky in life, for the fortunate person to proselytize about god being the source of said fortune is fucking cruel and gross.  I get everyone thinks it’s fine to do, but the sooner we don’t, the better off the world will be, so fuck that shit.  I don’t wish the guy any bad will, but that smug religious bullshit sucks.