Author Topic: Jordan Trahan and James Capp go pro!  (Read 6230 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
Re: Jordan Trahan and James Capp go pro!
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2021, 06:53:41 PM »
These guys are sick, sure. But I think they turned the wrong dudes pro… the buzz is pretty much around Carl, Erik and Horsea.

Craig’s always gonna be a couple steps behind what’s going on because of their hilarious backlog of pros. Kenny can’t even get the boot for rape accusations. Other dudes just openly don’t skateboard anymore.

Anyway congratulations and apologies to the both of em, they’ve been had deserved better.

Well they’re definitely promoting Carl and his guys the most, which is why no one gets what they hell they’re doing with barely mentioning Trahan for a while.    It’s like they’re fixated on the surprise part (not to mention always turning people am or pro in groups).   Pro status isn’t even on their IG page yet

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2021, 06:57:34 PM »
Expand Quote
These guys are sick, sure. But I think they turned the wrong dudes pro… the buzz is pretty much around Carl, Erik and Horsea.

Craig’s always gonna be a couple steps behind what’s going on because of their hilarious backlog of pros. Kenny can’t even get the boot for rape accusations. Other dudes just openly don’t skateboard anymore.

Anyway congratulations and apologies to the both of em, they’ve been had deserved better.
[close]

Well they’re definitely promoting Carl and his guys the most, which is why no one gets what they hell they’re doing with barely mentioning Trahan for a while.    It’s like they’re fixated on the surprise part (not to mention always turning people am or pro in groups).   Pro status isn’t even on their IG page yet
Crail is weird, at least the past 12 to 13 years. It is almost impossible to get past flow to get on the team, but once you are on they tend to turn you pro pretty quickly. Compared to a brand like DLX who take like 5 years to turn you pro unless you are some sort of prodigy like Ishod or Daan.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2021, 07:10:13 PM »
Have there been any announcements or posts about these two turning pro? Haven’t seen anything

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2021, 07:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SJ was the first non World-affiliated addition, followed by Stevie. I remember how much the streets were buzzing here in Philly when rumors of Stevie getting on Chocolate and DC started circulating.

McCrank had already ridden for Plan B before Birdhouse, albeit the post-World Plan B distributed by XYZ.

I had always thought Girl/Chocolate only ever took former World riders prior to SJ. I think York might have been the only non-World defector from the early roster, but he may have been World flow prior to Stereo.
[close]

Wasn’t Colin McKay on before SJ.  Don’t think he was on World before Plan B but I don’t know that era too well
[close]
Yeah, when people say World or World camp of that era they essentially mean World/101/Blind/Plan B. Most of the OG Girl team actually came from Plan B (Howard, Carroll, Sheffy, Tony Ferguson). It was basically half Plan B and Blind (Rudy, Guy, Jeron, Gavin), plus Jovontae (World) and Koston (101). Chocolate to start was mostly World riders (Chico, Mulder, Castillo, York, Shamil) plus Gabriel (101), Paulo (believe he got on from Stereo but was on Blind at one point) and Ben Sanchez (Blind). And, the first two riders they added who weren't on OG Chocolate in Keenan and Gino came from Blind and 101.

Basically, all of the early years of Crail can be directly tied to World teams, EMB, and the LA Boys. The first guys they put on who had no connection to that were essentially Stevie (although he was a Pier 7 guy for years), McCrank, B.A., and Chris Roberts who all got on at various points between 1997 and 2002.
[close]

Yeah, Paulo got on bLind and had one board out for them shortly before Chocolate and after Stereo. That dope white board with the human-bodied saxophone graphic.

I remember picking up one of Paulo’s first Chocolate boards with the VW van and palm tree sketch graphic at my local shop back in the day.

Imagine if Kareem, Shiloh, and Henry would’ve said peace out to Rocco for Girl/Chocolate.
[close]
What happened with Henry is always up for dispute. He says he turned them down because he thought he needed the check from Rocco and didn't want to risk it. Other people (including Gavin), said that Henry managed to piss everyone off on a trip before it was official, and Gavin got the last pro-spot due to that. I tend to believe the one about him managing to piss everyone off, I do think Gavin is exaggerating about taking his spot (since he apparently got Jeron on and it was planned at his apartment).

You also missed the other big name. I believe Daewon was considering jumping to Chocolate when it launched as he was close with the guys who jumped at that point (mainly Daniel and Mulder). He like Shiloh and Kareem decided to stay at World.

I doubt Jenkem could ever get them all to sign-off on it, but I would kill for an oral history of the World exit/formation of Girl/Chocolate similar to the recent Tilt Mode piece. So many rumors etc about that it'd be interesting to hear people associated with its take.

That’s interesting, I haven’t ever heard anything about Daewon being in the mix. Just Kareem and Shiloh for “Sister”.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion