Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 213034 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1416
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #4980 on: May 12, 2024, 11:51:26 AM »
Not all boards had super deep concave DMs at the time but I recall Elements in 1996-97 starting to be super fucking deep. I remember having a Reese Forbes Element that was basically vert ramp shaped. I thought it would make me kickflip better. Came off of Girl decks, which were flat. I do remember Aliens having steeper kicks and not super deep concave and skated those for a while because I learned switch heels on one. Then back to Girl/Choc and Tum Yeto were always fairly flat.

we always said element and AWS decks were the ones you wanted for the most pop and/or flipped the best due to the concave and kicks
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #4981 on: May 12, 2024, 12:22:13 PM »
Was going through storage and pulled out some shoes from glory days past…

I know pals like to save their decks but does anyone else keep their favorite shoes that have been fully skated in.  I had some ipath cats thats were just used for work, washed them and they still look good to wear and skate.  Dont know if I should keep them in storage or display them

Dmng

• Rep: 15
« Reply #4982 on: May 12, 2024, 01:14:43 PM »
Are 8.25 decks way lighter than 8.5 ? I’ve tried a couple of 8.25 and I’ve been very surprised about the light sensation / almost toy vs my 8.5

Or are girl decks heavy in general ?

From what I see on tactics, thunder hollow light have 3g difference between 8.25 and 8.5 so it can’t come from that ?

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -27
« Reply #4983 on: May 12, 2024, 01:25:22 PM »
Are 8.25 decks way lighter than 8.5 ? I’ve tried a couple of 8.25 and I’ve been very surprised about the light sensation / almost toy vs my 8.5

Or are girl decks heavy in general ?

From what I see on tactics, thunder hollow light have 3g difference between 8.25 and 8.5 so it can’t come from that ?
Assuming that the .25 is taken off the middle of a 32" board, you would have 8 less square inches of 7 ply wood. I'm guessing that would be the reason, also assuming that all other aspects remain constant(i.e. factory so same wood and glue, same shape)

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #4984 on: May 12, 2024, 02:01:07 PM »
pros that left thunder, venture or ace?

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #4985 on: May 12, 2024, 02:36:14 PM »
Was going through storage and pulled out some shoes from glory days past…

I know pals like to save their decks but does anyone else keep their favorite shoes that have been fully skated in.  I had some ipath cats thats were just used for work, washed them and they still look good to wear and skate.  Dont know if I should keep them in storage or display them

Get your most shredded pair bronzed like a baby shoe

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4986 on: May 12, 2024, 07:13:13 PM »
Anyone have plans for a small-ish fun box they could share?

Something like this? Materials readily available at your hardware store, all you need is an electric screwdriver / drill to countersunk your screws into into the angle iron.

If you want something more permanent go with a cinderblock ledge, more effort and material but it would last way longer and probably slide better too. I'd still try to screw in the angle iron into the concrete, the angle iron will eventually bend and liquid nails won't hold it anymore.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m