Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 372276 times)

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #5190 on: May 03, 2024, 02:08:03 PM »
Those damn producers, camera ops, and Ernie know exactly what they're doing lol. Always Teeing up the chuck shade. The outfit roast and "who he play for" are the best bits. Probably why they have so many Emmy's..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #5191 on: May 03, 2024, 04:20:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think the Sixers would've won playing Maxey instead of Simmons. Y'all will still be contending without Simmons, even if the return for trading him is not great 

[close]

I posted this exact gif a year ago, and it's my pleasure to post it again

[close]

This is becoming one of my favorite traditions
[close]

I can't believe another year has flown by already. RIP BOZO. Also my Maxey take from 2021 looks mad prescient now

Lovely. Has me in tears every time, and this time more than ever.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5192 on: May 04, 2024, 12:42:58 AM »
Expand Quote
LeBron out, KD out, Steph didn't even make it in... if the Mavs send Harden, Kawhi and George fishing next game this is a pretty comprehensive changing of the guard all across the board. I like it.
[close]
Seriously doubt Bucks move on without their 2 main stars. Also doubt the Clippers will pull off 2 more wins. Kyrie and Jrue are really the only 30+ stars making much of an impact in the playoffs this year.

Yep, Bucks out and Kawhi, George, Harden and Westbrook also gone in one fell swoop. Out with the old, in with the new (Kyrie excepted, he’s been balling out!)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #5193 on: May 04, 2024, 01:49:02 AM »
How severely have the Clippers leveraged their future to get Harden?   Asking for a friend filled with schadenfreude

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #5194 on: May 04, 2024, 02:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
LeBron out, KD out, Steph didn't even make it in... if the Mavs send Harden, Kawhi and George fishing next game this is a pretty comprehensive changing of the guard all across the board. I like it.
[close]
Seriously doubt Bucks move on without their 2 main stars. Also doubt the Clippers will pull off 2 more wins. Kyrie and Jrue are really the only 30+ stars making much of an impact in the playoffs this year.
[close]

Yep, Bucks out and Kawhi, George, Harden and Westbrook also gone in one fell swoop. Out with the old, in with the new (Kyrie excepted, he’s been balling out!)
Word. Kyrie just turned 32 last month and he’s still fast as fuck. His handles are unmatched. I’ve never been a big fan, especially with all the conspiracy/flat Earth/antisemitism stuff, but his playoff performance is winning me over as fan of his game. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5195 on: May 04, 2024, 03:25:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Word. Kyrie just turned 32 last month and he’s still fast as fuck. His handles are unmatched. I’ve never been a big fan, especially with all the conspiracy/flat Earth/antisemitism stuff, but his playoff performance is winning me over as fan of his game.

Helps that he finally shut the fuck up this year and stopped getting in his own way

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1067
« Reply #5196 on: May 04, 2024, 04:05:58 PM »
How severely have the Clippers leveraged their future to get Harden?   Asking for a friend filled with schadenfreude

It doesn’t much matter. All the best players (Edwards, Luka, Tatum, Shai, Ja, Jokic) are maxed out until 2026-27. If Kawhi (big if) could stay healthy the Clippers have a better chance of making a run than the Lakers who are stuck with LeBron. The next 3 years are going to be the most competitive era since Kobe and Duncan were in the league.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5197 on: May 04, 2024, 04:15:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It doesn’t much matter. All the best players (Edwards, Luka, Tatum, Shai, Ja, Jokic) are maxed out until 2026-27. If Kawhi (big if) could stay healthy the Clippers have a better chance of making a run than the Lakers who are stuck with LeBron. The next 3 years are going to be the most competitive era since Kobe and Duncan were in the league.

Thanks, Premier League has rotted my brain when it comes to US athlete contract rights.   

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5198 on: Today at 03:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Indeed:

Also, I think these Wolves might actually take out the Nuggets.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:57:09 AM by RoaryMcTwang »