Author Topic: my bearings keep breaking  (Read 6492 times)

goatsucker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23
Re: my bearings keep breaking
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
guess i should have bought some quality bearings instead of some cheap ones. o well

get some reds and you might want to check and see if the holes where the bearings go in your wheels are out of round that will cause them to fuck up ....

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »
i make beer mac and cheese every once in awile. its amazing

Please continue.

BIGSTOOPS

• Rep: -6
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 10:10:06 PM »
mmmmmm, i'm hungry now

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 06:22:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Please continue.

yes, lay that on us.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »
On the ghetto tip....who here puts ketchup on their KD?  Whoa...what the?  It's called Kraft macaroni in the states.....you ever put weiners in it?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Please continue.
[close]

yes, lay that on us.
[close]

so basically you start by boiling your choice of pasta. youre gonna want it to be a little less than al dente (around 5 minutes under cooked)

Meanwhile, mix butter and flour to form a roux. once the roux is together add a can of your choice of beer. Then add alot of cheese (sharp cheddar is the best). and stir until everything comes together.

mix it with the pasta in some kind of baking pan. sprinkle panko on top and cook for about a half hour or until golden brown at about 425 degrees.

its amazing. ill take a picture next time i make some

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you need more abec, thats your problem.
[close]
  This statement is actually true.  Abec ratings are based on the machining quality.  Higher Abec rating has less of a tolerance which means more precise machining. 
[close]

The owner of my local skate shop says the ABEC rating of bearings only matter if you're going 30 miles per hour or faster.  In other words, for the vast majority of skaters, it doesn't make a difference.  This is just what the guy told me, not what I necessarily believe.
[close]

i dont know about that exactly, who knows? but in my experience abec has never meant anything more than an argument between me and my friends as little kids about our setups and who has the highest abec. not that we actually knew what abec meant back then. currently i have the cheapest bearings my local shop sells and i can't tell any difference to the expensive high abec luckys i was suckered into when i was a kid. if you want to go faster get bigger wheels, bearings are going to break at the drop of a hat no matter what.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABEC_scale

Your shop owner is right in the sense that you will never burn out an Abec 3 bearing.  But with high quality material and more precise manufacturing a more expensive and higher Abec should last longer.   

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2012, 11:12:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you need more abec, thats your problem.
[close]
  This statement is actually true.  Abec ratings are based on the machining quality.  Higher Abec rating has less of a tolerance which means more precise machining. 
[close]

The owner of my local skate shop says the ABEC rating of bearings only matter if you're going 30 miles per hour or faster.  In other words, for the vast majority of skaters, it doesn't make a difference.  This is just what the guy told me, not what I necessarily believe.
[close]

i dont know about that exactly, who knows? but in my experience abec has never meant anything more than an argument between me and my friends as little kids about our setups and who has the highest abec. not that we actually knew what abec meant back then. currently i have the cheapest bearings my local shop sells and i can't tell any difference to the expensive high abec luckys i was suckered into when i was a kid. if you want to go faster get bigger wheels, bearings are going to break at the drop of a hat no matter what.

[close]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABEC_scale

Your shop owner is right in the sense that you will never burn out an Abec 3 bearing.  But with high quality material and more precise manufacturing a more expensive and higher Abec should last longer.  Swiss Bones are a good example

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Please continue.
[close]

yes, lay that on us.
[close]
[close]

so basically you start by boiling your choice of pasta. youre gonna want it to be a little less than al dente (around 5 minutes under cooked)

Meanwhile, mix butter and flour to form a roux. once the roux is together add a can of your choice of beer. Then add alot of cheese (sharp cheddar is the best). and stir until everything comes together.

mix it with the pasta in some kind of baking pan. sprinkle panko on top and cook for about a half hour or until golden brown at about 425 degrees.

[close]

You're a boss.  Psyched on using a roux as well.  I love incorporating them whenever I can.

Yeah, tryin' this tonite with a can of Yuengling.  Standard can, not tall?

It would really be something if you used pot butter in the roux.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Please continue.
[close]

yes, lay that on us.
[close]
[close]

[close]

You're a boss.?  Psyched on using a roux as well.?  I love incorporating them whenever I can.
[close]

Yeah, tryin' this tonite with a can of Yuengling.?  Standard can, not tall?

thanks hate! i love using a roux as much as possibel too.

and yeah, i use a standard can. it really depends how much you wanna make.
i use like 3/4 box of pasta.
1 standard can of beer.
and one of the huge bags of pre-shredded cheese. (about the equivilent of 2 normal sized blocks)

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
If you wanna pick up some mac and cheese on the go. Get noodles and company, its got like, creamy cheese in the bottom so you gotta stir a little bit.

mr cheese

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »
Expand Quote
guess i should have bought some quality bearings instead of some cheap ones. o well
[close]

get some reds and you might want to check and see if the holes where the bearings go in your wheels are out of round that will cause them to fuck up ....
actually just got reds!

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 01:03:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Please continue.
[close]

yes, lay that on us.
[close]
[close]

I'm so food-horny right now!!

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Please continue.
[close]

yes, lay that on us.
[close]
[close]

[close]

You're a boss.?  Psyched on using a roux as well.?  I love incorporating them whenever I can.
[close]

Yeah, tryin' this tonite with a can of Yuengling.?  Standard can, not tall?

[close]

1 standard can of beer.
and one of the huge bags of pre-shredded cheese. (about the equivilent of 2 normal sized blocks)
This is some IronChef shit here! I am going to make this later this week, maybe even tonight. I've never really fucked with Roux. I was raised cooking Italian so that French shit is kinda foreign. I watched an episode of Good Eats that was discussing Roux and made that shit seem really hard to make a good one without fucking it up so I have kinda strayed from it and never attempted it. Any tips on making that banger roux?

sdscanz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »
dont buy girl bearings.

beer mac and cheese sounds amazing.

mr cheese

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
dont buy girl bearings.

beer mac and cheese sounds amazing.
i just skated them to hard, rush bearings are a no no

no fun

• Rep: 32
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 05:44:21 PM »
I love how this thread was started by someone named mr. cheese
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 07:15:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Please continue.
[close]

yes, lay that on us.
[close]
[close]

[close]

You're a boss.??  Psyched on using a roux as well.??  I love incorporating them whenever I can.
[close]

Yeah, tryin' this tonite with a can of Yuengling.??  Standard can, not tall?

[close]

1 standard can of beer.
[close]
This is some IronChef shit here! I am going to make this later this week, maybe even tonight. I've never really fucked with Roux. I was raised cooking Italian so that French shit is kinda foreign. I watched an episode of Good Eats that was discussing Roux and made that shit seem really hard to make a good one without fucking it up so I have kinda strayed from it and never attempted it. Any tips on making that banger roux?

in this context, making a roux is really easy. just get a frying pan on the lowest heat possible, and add a little more than a fourth of a stick of butter. (i use a big frying pan so i can just do the cheese sauce in one pan) once its fairly well melted add a little less than the same amount of flour and add more to get the right consistency. its always better to slightly undercook it than to burn the butter.

i also forgot to mention to add a little pepper the cheese mixture before mixing with the pasta. its not a huge difference maker though.

corn flakes

• Rep: -15
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
the fuck yall know about easy mac, as for bearings stay reds homie

Pike St

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »
On the ghetto tip....who here puts ketchup on their KD?  Whoa...what the?  It's called Kraft macaroni in the states.....you ever put weiners in it?

Yeah I do all my life why is that ghetto? lol The mac and cheese recipes in here are amazing! Simple answer about the bearings you're not screwing your nuts in properly? Too loose too tight? Or is your shit just blowing out instantly?

bee

• Rep: -13
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »
Don't give a fuck about your bearing problem.....
But if you want bomb mac and cheese
Cook noodles first
Then empty cooked noodles into strainer
Start cooking fat table spoon of butter into pot.
Add milk when melted
Heat and stir until hot.
Add cheese mix stir into sauce
Add grated cheese
For added protein add a can of flaked tuna

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »
what if i added whiskey to the mac and cheese recipe? good idea? bad idea? too much epic meal time influence?

bee

• Rep: -13
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 12:45:18 AM »
Whiskey + anything = life changing recipes

Koopa16

• Rep: -9
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, 06:41:47 AM »
Spitifre wheels can fuck up your bearings if they are cheap.

Spitfire wheels tends to be softer than other wheels and when landings might absorb more impact but put more pressure on your bearings.

If you keep having this issue change your wheels brand. It worked for me.

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 07:19:33 AM »
what if i added whiskey to the mac and cheese recipe? good idea? bad idea? too much epic meal time influence?

Woah, that suggestion needs a response. Can anyone speak from experience here?

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Woah, that suggestion needs a response. Can anyone speak from experience here?

As long as the actual alcohol cooks off, and leaves whiskey flavor, there is no way that idea can miss.

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

managuense

• Rep: -27
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »
its actually a much better workout if you dont have bearings

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2012, 02:19:41 PM »
Spitifre wheels can fuck up your bearings if they are cheap.

Spitfire wheels tends to be softer than other wheels and when landings might absorb more impact but put more pressure on your bearings.

If you keep having this issue change your wheels brand. It worked for me.

Don't they have the durometer written on the sides of the wheels, like all the other wheels?

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »
UPDATE! I made the Beer Mac and Cheese tonight. Roux and all. Shit was awesome! Made it with Yuengling and deli cheese Scraps that were assorted cheese ends for $2 a pound. I used broken up Cheese its  for a crust. Definitely recommend this to anyone trying to eat good and cheap.