Author Topic: Breakups  (Read 343 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Breakups
« on: August 10, 2022, 07:30:43 AM »
So there's an "awkward/awful marriages" thread but I didn't see one for breakups.

Break up stories here.

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Breakups
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 07:44:05 AM »
I tried to do one out of kindness and consent recently over the phone after a 5 month tour; I just genuinely was not into it.
-cigarette habit
-messy house*
-ugly cat*
-unique terroir in the valley*
-conflicting careers
-daily drinking habit
-yada yada yada
-collectively these were contributing to some ED issues

I didn’t state all of these in the call (sans a starred topics above), just that my emotions weren’t matching up with it and elaborated a bit why I didn’t want to continue it; not fair for either party if one of which isn’t down to keep it going. I kept it cool, but had to take a beratement of bullshit from topics ranging that I wasn’t working hard enough with my therapist, to claims about how I don’t know how to communicate and shouldn’t expect to be in a successful relationship ever accordingly.
For the record, my mental health is in the high 90th percentile right now, and I work in the government sector for environmental regulation and am a tribal liaison. I communicate just fine with my head screwed on straight.

Better now than later.
Happier now than ever.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.