Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 278204 times)

sle_epy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -96
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #930 on: July 10, 2023, 05:22:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So does Breezeana or whatever they call her breathe a sigh of relief that no one’s talking about her, or worry that they’re coming for her next?
[close]

if you can switch flip like her, bs wallride and Kickflip an 8 you are a decent enough skater. she also has some sick combos in her part. I like her
[close]

Neither of them are on Rayssa, Vitoria, or Nicole’s level.
[close]

just landing tricks doesn't make you "good." I say that because style is a huge factor. Consider Jeff Dechesare. Weird you'd compare a grom style to adult style. Vitoria and Nicole are actually a pleasure to watch regardless of their skill level versus rayssa; they also actually skate street. Your takes are so wild dude. that said not shocked you'd mention rayssa...
[close]

She’s the best female sponsored skateboarder right now, why wouldn’t someone mention her?
[close]

Bro. The thread might've been deleted or I was blocked from it, but no one is gonna forget it. Is ginwoo the best male skater rn?
[close]

That’s a shame, I didn’t want it deleted.

It didn’t do much to help people like you not to come off as overly opinionated, emotionally weak, and lacking in basic reading comprehension.

Unfortunately, I have no clue who Ginwoo is. Grant Taylor is the best male skater right now.
[close]

Maybe it’s the hair and the age and being unfamiliar with the gender of the name, but I thought Ginwoo was a female
[close]
Thing is tho rayssa IS the best female street skateboarder right now. Park or not who else has anywhere near that bag of tricks. Back lipped Hollywood high so don't even bother with that doesn't skate street shit. Breanna would most likely have her beat with manuals. Rayssa also has the most power by far does all the gnarly stuff Pamela Rosa was known for but makes it look easy

I'd like to see her skate a cutty ass spot that's not literally perfect and see how she fares. She's a good skater, hopefully she grows out of the grom style. But don't act like a she out here in these streets because she hit a blown out spot in CA. BIG for women but in the scheme of things it's basically an SLS rail.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

sle_epy

« Reply #931 on: July 10, 2023, 05:23:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So does Breezeana or whatever they call her breathe a sigh of relief that no one’s talking about her, or worry that they’re coming for her next?
[close]

if you can switch flip like her, bs wallride and Kickflip an 8 you are a decent enough skater. she also has some sick combos in her part. I like her
[close]

[close]

just landing tricks doesn't make you "good." I say that because style is a huge factor. Consider Jeff Dechesare. Weird you'd compare a grom style to adult style. Vitoria and Nicole are actually a pleasure to watch regardless of their skill level versus rayssa; they also actually skate street. Your takes are so wild dude. that said not shocked you'd mention rayssa...
[close]

She’s the best female sponsored skateboarder right now, why wouldn’t someone mention her?
[close]

Nelly is the best

Facts, for her style of skating. My personal fave despite having a totally diff style and trick selection than I'd like to pursue.

sle_epy

« Reply #932 on: July 10, 2023, 05:26:25 AM »
Expand Quote
A lot of dudes in here doing mental gymnastics to explain why it’s cool that Beatrice has 3 pro shoes money and an ego the size of Texas but skates worse than the 7 year old who just messes around at your local. In the same world where women now rip and some top pros don’t even have a shoe sponsor.

Prove us wrong Beatrice, bang us over the head
[close]

She has 4 colorways

I saw a clip of a varial flip fs 50-50 nollie bs 180 out which is different

Sounds like an ugly ass trick tbh. Prob on a 4" curb. She's almost 30, it's not impressive. I think a lot of ppl protect her because they think she's like 17. She's a grown ass woman skating like that. It's bad for women's skateboarding progression that someone at her skill level gets propped up as something to shoot for.

That said, I think her biggest contribution is probably getting way more young black girls into skating, so I'll def give her that. Maybe that's the most important thing. However there are female skaters of color who'd literally rip her to shreds at any spot who get zero love.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #933 on: July 10, 2023, 05:40:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bro. The thread might've been deleted or I was blocked from it, but no one is gonna forget it. Is ginwoo the best male skater rn?
[close]

It didn’t do much to help people like you not to come off as overly opinionated, emotionally weak, and lacking in basic reading comprehension.

Unfortunately, I have no clue who Ginwoo is. Grant Taylor is the best male skater right now.
[close]

Maybe it’s the hair and the age and being unfamiliar with the gender of the name, but I thought Ginwoo was a female
[close]
Thing is tho rayssa IS the best female street skateboarder right now. Park or not who else has anywhere near that bag of tricks. Back lipped Hollywood high so don't even bother with that doesn't skate street shit. Breanna would most likely have her beat with manuals. Rayssa also has the most power by far does all the gnarly stuff Pamela Rosa was known for but makes it look easy
[close]

I'd like to see her skate a cutty ass spot that's not literally perfect and see how she fares. She's a good skater, hopefully she grows out of the grom style. But don't act like a she out here in these streets because she hit a blown out spot in CA. BIG for women but in the scheme of things it's basically an SLS rail.
You are reaching lol. You just don't like her. She has very good style before her there was talk of having to change all the courses because they were too big then she showed if you just have good technique you can get all the speed you need to get onto every obstacle. How can if be grom style if she has more power than people twice her age? If anything she makes everything look too easy. Good technique = good style

sle_epy

« Reply #934 on: July 10, 2023, 05:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
You are reaching lol. You just don't like her. She has very good style before her there was talk of having to change all the courses because they were too big then she showed if you just have good technique you can get all the speed you need to get onto every obstacle. How can if be grom style if she has more power than people twice her age? If anything she makes everything look too easy. Good technique = good style

No offense but you couldn't be more wrong. I don't dislike her, I just think you ppl obsessed with contest skaters are missing the entire point. I hope she grows into it because yes she rips. You prob think ginwoo has great style too. Who are your other favorite skaters? I'm really curious if you think that's good style. Also as an aside, can someone talk to these SLS girls and tell them they don't have to celebrate when they land every trick? It's fucking off-putting. Hate that jock shit.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #935 on: July 10, 2023, 05:57:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

No offense but you couldn't be more wrong. I don't dislike her, I just think you ppl obsessed with contest skaters are missing the entire point. I hope she grows into it because yes she rips. You prob think ginwoo has great style too. Who are your other favorite skaters? I'm really curious if you think that's good style. Also as an aside, can someone talk to these SLS girls and tell them they don't have to celebrate when they land every trick? It's fucking off-putting.
No offense but you tend to write a lot about what your ideals are instead whats reality. Nobody is really obsessed with contests they're kinda like a celebrity roast for comedians, just another outlet to show some skating. Don't like ginwoo at all actually, don't even think he and rayssa are compatible.
I'd agree with the celebration thing and honestly think that may even be coached somehow. Like ok remember when you land to give a big fist pump for the cameras. Sora has even given himself a signature sword slice celebration. Wouldn't mind if that all went away.

sle_epy

« Reply #936 on: July 10, 2023, 06:13:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

No offense but you couldn't be more wrong. I don't dislike her, I just think you ppl obsessed with contest skaters are missing the entire point. I hope she grows into it because yes she rips. You prob think ginwoo has great style too. Who are your other favorite skaters? I'm really curious if you think that's good style. Also as an aside, can someone talk to these SLS girls and tell them they don't have to celebrate when they land every trick? It's fucking off-putting.
[close]
No offense but you tend to write a lot about what your ideals are instead whats reality. Nobody is really obsessed with contests they're kinda like a celebrity roast for comedians, just another outlet to show some skating. Don't like ginwoo at all actually, don't even think he and rayssa are compatible.
I'd agree with the celebration thing and honestly think that may even be coached somehow. Like ok remember when you land to give a big fist pump for the cameras. Sora has even given himself a signature sword slice celebration. Wouldn't mind if that all went away.

What's wrong with having ideals and voicing them about something you love? I def don't give a shit what anyone here thinks and I'm not someone to just agree w the majority opinion to please others. Also my takes aren't all that unique from others here really. Ginwoo is very good technically so doesn't that = style for you like you said? Can't have it both ways. I could list many more skaters w good technique who have zero style or skateboarding IQ.

concrete eater 1000

• Rep: -13
« Reply #937 on: July 10, 2023, 06:23:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

yeah damn itd definitely be way sicker if rayssa skated some dusty ass 3 stair out the front of an east coast liquor store instead of a 16 stair rail lol we get it sleepy, you're the most core dude here

sle_epy

« Reply #938 on: July 10, 2023, 06:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

yeah damn itd definitely be way sicker if rayssa skated some dusty ass 3 stair out the front of an east coast liquor store instead of a 16 stair rail lol we get it sleepy, you're the most core dude here

🫡 Sorry I have an opinion. Also I'm not some male talking shit on some chick over here like the rest of you. Why can't I advocate for less contest bullshit and more actual skating. I'd love to see her do a line at some east coast spot. Why wouldn't you? All you white knights make me laugh.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #939 on: July 10, 2023, 06:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

What's wrong with having ideals and voicing them about something you love? I def don't give a shit what anyone here thinks and I'm not someone to just agree w the majority opinion to please others. Also my takes aren't all that unique from others here really. Ginwoo is very good technically so doesn't that = style for you like you said? Can't have it both ways. I could list many more skaters w good technique who have zero style or skateboarding IQ.
You say this but then are also arguing like your opinions are gospel and everyone who agrees with you is wrong. Your weird hangups about contest skating are clouding your judgement. It's not a rule that we have to have a massive hate boner for everybody who primarily skates contests
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

sle_epy

« Reply #940 on: July 10, 2023, 06:42:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
You say this but then are also arguing like your opinions are gospel and everyone who agrees with you is wrong. Your weird hangups about contest skating are clouding your judgement. It's not a rule that we have to have a massive hate boner for everybody who primarily skates contests

You couldn't be projecting more onto someone you don't know. So what if I think what I think is best? What type of person do you think actually drives convo here? Certainly not a yes man who thinks everything is amazing and doesn't ever have an opinion of their own that varies from the toxic positivity culture in skating. You can have whatever kind of boner you want, I'm not capable of that. You're equating me to a troll and you know that's total bullshit.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #941 on: July 10, 2023, 07:01:32 AM »
So people that think Rayssa has a good style are -

White knights
Obsessed with contest skaters
Yes men who think everything is amazing
Can't form their own opinions
Part of the 'toxic positivity culture of skating' (lol you know what website you're on right?)
Can't differentiate style from technical ability
Must also think Ginwoo has a great style

These are all your talking points. If you're self aware enough to know that your opinions aren't mainstream then maybe just be aware enough to realise that it's just your opinion rather than strawmanning everyone who disagrees with you to death in an attempt to be 'right'.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

sle_epy

« Reply #942 on: July 10, 2023, 07:03:37 AM »

White knights
Part of the 'toxic positivity culture of skating' (lol you know what website you're on right?)

These are all your talking points. If you're self aware enough to know that your opinions aren't mainstream then maybe just be aware enough to realise that it's just your opinion rather than strawmanning everyone who disagrees with you to death in an attempt to be 'right'.

I do realize that's just my opinion. And like I always say think what you want but that's what I think. Can you handle the fact that I don't think contest skaters should be the standard for women's skating? It sure isn't for men.

Edit: wanted to add that I don't see you guys falling all over yourself defending male contest skaters. In fact we shit all over them 80% of the time. Be critical of one female skater, or the state of female skating and y'all come flying out of the woodwork. That's white knighting my friend.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:15:57 AM by sle_epy »

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #943 on: July 10, 2023, 07:18:23 AM »
Jesus this thread is tedious

sle_epy

« Reply #944 on: July 10, 2023, 07:27:19 AM »
Jesus this thread is tedious

Apologize for using the board how it's used to be.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #945 on: July 10, 2023, 08:10:32 AM »
Expand Quote

White knights

[close]

I do realize that's just my opinion. And like I always say think what you want but that's what I think. Can you handle the fact that I don't think contest skaters should be the standard for women's skating? It sure isn't for men.

Edit: wanted to add that I don't see you guys falling all over yourself defending male contest skaters. In fact we shit all over them 80% of the time. Be critical of one female skater, or the state of female skating and y'all come flying out of the woodwork. That's white knighting my friend.
I guess maybe you could compare it to vert skating because it just happens to be a much smaller number of participants and similarly the best also have to skate contests. I don't think anybody disagrees with you and would prefer more street/videos vs contest coverage but skateboarding as a whole is transforming and you're just going to see the effects of that more on a smaller group. (When was the last vert video?)

Part of the change tho with sls getting smaller is they seem to have cut out much of the young adult group of women so a positive could be they focus more on traditional filming etc and it does seem to be opening up a bit with funa getting a thrasher cover and momiji having a thrasher interview with street photos

I guess another part of the problem would be there's like a thousand male pros and only like 50 female so just because of numbers half of them are going to end up in the contests because that's where the opportunity is.

(I also just don't think rayssa has a bad style)

sle_epy

« Reply #946 on: July 10, 2023, 08:35:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

White knights

[close]

[close]
I guess maybe you could compare it to vert skating because it just happens to be a much smaller number of participants and similarly the best also have to skate contests. I don't think anybody disagrees with you and would prefer more street/videos vs contest coverage but skateboarding as a whole is transforming and you're just going to see the effects of that more on a smaller group. (When was the last vert video?)

Part of the change tho with sls getting smaller is they seem to have cut out much of the young adult group of women so a positive could be they focus more on traditional filming etc and it does seem to be opening up a bit with funa getting a thrasher cover and momiji having a thrasher interview with street photos

I guess another part of the problem would be there's like a thousand male pros and only like 50 female so just because of numbers half of them are going to end up in the contests because that's where the opportunity is.

Fair. We def come together on a lot of the points you made. I will say some of those young Japanese girls are steezy as fuck. Maybe not as good as rayssa but they look so much better doing it. Style queens for this next generation. I look at rayssa the same as I look at nyjah. Super impressive feats, but robot style.

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -254
« Reply #947 on: July 10, 2023, 08:38:21 AM »
I love this website and heated discussions.
make my rep -32465 I dont care
please dont stop having opinions

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -351
« Reply #948 on: July 10, 2023, 08:39:12 AM »

Don't like ginwoo at all actually, don't even think he and rayssa are compatible.
[/quote]

I think ginwoo and rayssa are very compatible and their future child would be the final boss brazian skater overlord.

shockpadsandwristguards

« Reply #949 on: July 10, 2023, 08:42:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Don't like ginwoo at all actually, don't even think he and rayssa are compatible.

I think ginwoo and rayssa are very compatible and their future child would be the final boss brazian skater overlord.
[/quote]

brazil = country
asia = continet from Japan to turkey
give yourself the time and google his country North American man

sle_epy

« Reply #950 on: July 10, 2023, 08:56:06 AM »
I love this website and heated discussions.
make my rep -32465 I dont care
please dont stop having opinions

🫡☺️ Opinions are what keep this board alive. If ppl don't want to have an opinion or hear them they should go to r/skateboarding on reddit and circle jerk with all the other idiots there.

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -351
« Reply #951 on: July 10, 2023, 09:01:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

brazil = country
[/quote]

I combined japan and brazil to make the word "brazian" because we get to make up words whenever the fuck we want in Merica. Just like we invented skateboarding. USA! USA! USA!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3351
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #952 on: July 10, 2023, 09:03:10 AM »
…ya mama got an afro with a chinstrap.

um um well excuse me
um um well excuse me
um um well excuse me
um um well excuse me

sle_epy

« Reply #953 on: July 10, 2023, 09:06:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

White knights

[close]

[close]

Has rayssa gotten a cover? I looked but couldn't find one. If not that says a lot to me, that an unknown can come here, do a harder trick on the same rail and score one. If I'm wrong on the cover thing I'll stand corrected.

sle_epy

« Reply #954 on: July 10, 2023, 09:12:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

If that's a shot at my steezy ass kickflip down a dusty three stair outside of a liquor store on the east coast, on my insta you're on one. If so, show me your first kickflip down any set of stairs. Let's compare.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 09:19:56 AM by sle_epy »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #955 on: July 10, 2023, 09:16:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

White knights

[close]

[close]

[close]

Has rayssa gotten a cover? I looked but couldn't find one. If not that says a lot to me, that an unknown can come here, do a harder trick on the same rail and score one. If I'm wrong on the cover thing I'll stand corrected.
Don't think so. To be fair to funa I wouldn't call her an unknown either I think she actually was in sls before rayssa and I actually think she got robbed in the Olympics (soz to bring it back to contests again but it is what it is). Maybe rayssas was an April ad. Wierd thing too not long before she back lipped it rooz 5050d it and I think it got the contents page

shockpadsandwristguards

« Reply #956 on: July 10, 2023, 09:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

brazil = country

I combined japan and brazil to make the word "brazian" because we get to make up words whenever the fuck we want in Merica. Just like we invented skateboarding. USA! USA! USA!
[/quote]

ok thats fair. I would have chosen brapan to make it more obvious but I'll take back what I said.

sle_epy

« Reply #957 on: July 10, 2023, 09:18:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

White knights

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Don't think so. To be fair to funa I wouldn't call her an unknown either I think she actually was in sls before rayssa and I actually think she got robbed in the Olympics (soz to bring it back to contests again but it is what it is). Maybe rayssas was an April ad. Wierd thing too not long before she back lipped it rooz 5050d it and I think it got the contents page

Not that thrasher is the be all end all but I think that says a lot about rayssa's place in skating. I wish her all the contest success, I just don't want her to be the standard.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #958 on: July 10, 2023, 09:23:54 AM »
can't wait till ginwoo has a stoner arc upon his inevitable relocation to the US and develops the nastiest most criminally insane steeze known to man

sle_epy

« Reply #959 on: July 10, 2023, 09:31:14 AM »
can't wait till ginwoo has a stoner arc upon his inevitable relocation to the US and develops the nastiest most criminally insane steeze known to man

If he manages that he prob will be the goat, because while it's ugly his technical ability is kinda cray.