Author Topic: Most hilarious career ender  (Read 21752 times)

No1hypocrite and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Troubadour26

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 91
Re: Most hilarious career ender
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2024, 06:25:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Salmongate.
[close]
Neen gave up a Lululemon sponsorship for telling Weck to kill himself over a salmon recipe, what an idiot.

On the flip side, Weck shot himself in the foot for calling Stevie's mom a crack whore in the height of George Floyd protests

I would like to know more of this salmongate please

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3368
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2024, 06:49:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salmongate.
[close]
Neen gave up a Lululemon sponsorship for telling Weck to kill himself over a salmon recipe, what an idiot.

On the flip side, Weck shot himself in the foot for calling Stevie's mom a crack whore in the height of George Floyd protests
[close]

I saw Neen at a fish market in Echo Park yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen fresh salmon in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir you need to pay for those fish first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the fish and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each fish and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

ratking

• Rep: 5
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2024, 06:57:08 PM »
^ Cant help but read the whole story every time.

Rogers gotta be the most hilarious 

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 32
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2024, 07:00:41 PM »
Man I thought we were coming in here to talk about funny enders in some fool's careers.

i thought ville wester's fakie 360 flip cock bonk ender was funny

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 254
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2024, 08:38:58 PM »
mike mo golfcart

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2024, 08:48:57 PM »
mike mo golfcart
The question is if it wasn't for the injury would he of still turned into such a grub?

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2024, 09:29:44 PM »
Nick Trapasso blew it prettttty bad at Crossroad tradeshow, blackout drunk on a bus yelling at shop owners and industry folks. Ended with Nick and Sinner both getting their heads smacked into a pole by a certain OG from Seattle.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 09:49:43 PM by ticklefingers »

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 34
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2024, 09:50:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salmongate.
[close]

[close]

There was a meme page called “foodskaters” that would make photoshops like Clyde pringleton and Dill pickle and roast peoples bad cooking or give props on decent plates of food skaters would post. Neen was cooking salmon skin side up in a pan and food skaters made a harmless jab at his method and neen responded hostile and told him to kill himself and the dm got spread all over. Weck got in on it and a lot of people were roasting neen.  Sometime down the line neen made a redemption video of him cooking salmon skin side down

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 391
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2024, 10:01:00 PM »
No, it was this:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salmongate.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I saw Neen at a fish market in Echo Park yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen fresh salmon in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir you need to pay for those fish first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the fish and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each fish and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Koozin

• Rep: -19
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2024, 10:16:53 PM »
The Furby Yezzur + Baby mama drama was a good chuckle for a few years

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2024, 10:28:00 PM »
Vincent Touzery to Edglrd

Caleb Barnett to King

If Nike and Supreme still pay these guys I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salmongate.
[close]

[close]

[close]

There was a meme page called “foodskaters” that would make photoshops like Clyde pringleton and Dill pickle and roast peoples bad cooking or give props on decent plates of food skaters would post. Neen was cooking salmon skin side up in a pan and food skaters made a harmless jab at his method and neen responded hostile and told him to kill himself and the dm got spread all over. Weck got in on it and a lot of people were roasting neen.  Sometime down the line neen made a redemption video of him cooking salmon skin side down

I actually cooked salmon recently and did skin up for the first minute or 2 and then flipped it to skin down for the rest of the time. It came out great. Not defending Neen though. Don’t care for him much. Plus to me Lindsey Robertson has the best heelflips ever but people always say Neen and it bugs me. They’re too over exaggerated and he puts extra “Steez” on them. No thanks.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2024, 10:54:15 PM »
MikeMo's carreer ender was probably more stupid than hilarious. At least in the outcome.

Definitely hilarious -if the rumours are true- was the reason for the end of Peter Fucking Hewitt's first stint on Nike. Legendary.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2024, 10:59:02 PM »
James Brockman shitting on that pyramid mid-demo.

I need deets.

I forgot the guy who punched Stevie Williams at a demo?
Darren Harper -

The punch at manny mania - https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2012/02/27/darren-harper-the-obama-of-skateboarding/
Squashing the beef - https://skatenewswire.com/stevie-williams-interview/
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2024, 11:44:47 PM »
Expand Quote

Caleb Barnett to King
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salmongate.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I actually cooked salmon recently and did skin up for the first minute or 2 and then flipped it to skin down for the rest of the time. It came out great. Not defending Neen though. Don’t care for him much. Plus to me Lindsey Robertson has the best heelflips ever but people always say Neen and it bugs me. They’re too over exaggerated and he puts extra “Steez” on them. No thanks.

Yeah like literally everything else, you also cook salmon on both sides lol

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2024, 12:00:48 AM »
Didn't Andy Roy get caught stealing boards from Anti Hero?

Not really. He was ultimately kicked off after TNT filed a libel lawsuit for instagram and slap posts. More ironic than hilarious.

Shtonk

• Rep: -437
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2024, 12:03:01 AM »
Can somebody please elaborate on:

- a certain OG from Seattle who smacked Nick Trapassos drunk head into a pole?

- J Strickland getting Tim von Werner kicked off Birdhouse because he came out as gay

- what Peter Hewitt did to get kicked off Nike?

- furby yezzur + baby mama drama??

- Justin Roy cucking Markovich

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2024, 12:14:50 AM »
Yonnie Cruz and Johan Stuckey on spreading herpes.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2024, 01:20:06 AM »

- J Strickland getting Tim von Werner kicked off Birdhouse because he came out as gay

You can find all of those answers on Slap posts. I think the Furbzcielago, LLC/baby momma/girlfriend/landlord fiasco is more tragic than anything. It's the American experience in a nutshell. For better or worse, kids these days know that the American dream was a fleeting fantasy of the bourgeoisie.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2024, 02:34:00 AM »
Strickland? More like Klein no?

The Justin Roy story is true, confronted by Kris too.

Pewter Hewitt put gladwrap over his face and had someone shit on him/ and or put shit on his face. I thought Nike booted him for weed related matters though…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 249
  • often correct
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2024, 05:29:02 AM »
tony hawk all but confirmed it was j (or at the very least, not klein) years ago

Jesus. Well, another source of recent controversy has been Tim Von Werne’s dismissal from Birdhouse, possibly because of his sexuality? Care to comment?

Let me try to explain this.

This is back when I was doing guest editor issues of Skateboarder Magazine. I knew that Tim was gay and figured that it could be an amazing article to have him come out to the industry in the magazine. This is right around when we were gearing up to start doing The End.

We’d talked to Tim about doing the piece and while he was a little hesitant, he was down. So we do the article where he essentially comes out and we’re in the process of putting it in a future issue of the magazine… I just don’t think I realized the gravity of the article in terms of someone’s life experience and being gay.

I don’t want to throw anybody under the bus here but our team manager at the time, you might be able to figure out who that was, found out about the article and freaked out. He calls me up and says, “What the fuck are you doing!?!”

“I’m doing an interesting article about a skater who happens to be gay.”

“If you do that, I’m going to quit and take the whole team with me.”

Basically, he began threatening to steal my team because of this article. In hindsight, I don’t think that it would’ve actually happened, but at the time, it was a pretty heavy threat for me as a company owner. I had put so much of my resources into the team and we had all these plans around this big video we were about to start working on… I had to make the executive decision to kill the article.

You can call that selfish if you want but it felt like a very real threat to me at the time. And while it was an interesting article, I didn’t realize the weight of the situation. While I obviously support the cause, I wasn’t sure if I was the right person to be championing gay rights in skating… if that makes sense. I underestimated how it would resonate within the industry or how it would affect Tim. He’s the one who I really feel the worst for in all of this.

But I did call Tim and tell him straight-up what was happening. He wasn’t surprised by any of it.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought was going to happen. I was trying to warn you about all of this when the article was first brought up.”

He was super cool about it. I guess I just didn’t listen in the beginning. But after all that, he obviously didn’t want to be on the same team with someone who possibly felt so homophobic about the whole thing… which is another bummer, because I feel like other riders get some of the blame in this when it really was the actions of this one person.

source: https://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2017/06/chrome-ball-interview-102-tony-hawk.html?m=1

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2024, 05:59:48 AM »
tony hawk all but confirmed it was j (or at the very least, not klein) years ago

Expand Quote
Jesus. Well, another source of recent controversy has been Tim Von Werne’s dismissal from Birdhouse, possibly because of his sexuality? Care to comment?

This is back when I was doing guest editor issues of Skateboarder Magazine. I knew that Tim was gay and figured that it could be an amazing article to have him come out to the industry in the magazine. This is right around when we were gearing up to start doing The End.

We’d talked to Tim about doing the piece and while he was a little hesitant, he was down. So we do the article where he essentially comes out and we’re in the process of putting it in a future issue of the magazine… I just don’t think I realized the gravity of the article in terms of someone’s life experience and being gay.

I don’t want to throw anybody under the bus here but our team manager at the time, you might be able to figure out who that was, found out about the article and freaked out. He calls me up and says, “What the fuck are you doing!?!”

Basically, he began threatening to steal my team because of this article. In hindsight, I don’t think that it would’ve actually happened, but at the time, it was a pretty heavy threat for me as a company owner. I had put so much of my resources into the team and we had all these plans around this big video we were about to start working on… I had to make the executive decision to kill the article.

You can call that selfish if you want but it felt like a very real threat to me at the time. And while it was an interesting article, I didn’t realize the weight of the situation. While I obviously support the cause, I wasn’t sure if I was the right person to be championing gay rights in skating… if that makes sense. I underestimated how it would resonate within the industry or how it would affect Tim. He’s the one who I really feel the worst for in all of this.

But I did call Tim and tell him straight-up what was happening. He wasn’t surprised by any of it.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought was going to happen. I was trying to warn you about all of this when the article was first brought up.”

He was super cool about it. I guess I just didn’t listen in the beginning. But after all that, he obviously didn’t want to be on the same team with someone who possibly felt so homophobic about the whole thing… which is another bummer, because I feel like other riders get some of the blame in this when it really was the actions of this one person.
[close]

source: https://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2017/06/chrome-ball-interview-102-tony-hawk.html?m=1

That’s a great one.  Tony’s just like “oh that? This is the guy you’re looking for…”

It’s so easy to forget how cool Tony is behind all the fame. 

Buttworm

• Rep: 37
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2024, 06:12:15 AM »
Dan Pagues scream after that switch front board

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2024, 06:27:04 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That’s a great one.  Tony’s just like “oh that? This is the guy you’re looking for…”

It’s so easy to forget how cool Tony is behind all the fame.

Strickland on the other hand... What a fucking douchebag.

Shtonk

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2024, 07:02:21 AM »
Wow fuck Strickland forever for this. A while ago I tried to argue this shithead's side in the Baker controversy but after reading this I'm glad Andrew stole everything from him. I'm also a little bummed no one cared to mention this in that thread... should be the first thing to come up when somebody inquires about Strickland

Shtonk

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2024, 07:03:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You can find all of those answers on Slap posts. I think the Furbzcielago, LLC/baby momma/girlfriend/landlord fiasco is more tragic than anything. It's the American experience in a nutshell. For better or worse, kids these days know that the American dream was a fleeting fantasy of the bourgeoisie.

Sorry I'm on father duty and not really able to search and read through old threads but if you pointed me in the right direction I'd be very grateful and would buy you a beer if you ever came to Berlin

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 60
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2024, 07:39:42 AM »
Only guy I heard of getting kicked off a team for dicking down Kris Markovichs wife was Rob Tenderfoot from Hellrose.

mikevsleftlightningtat

• Rep: -4
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2024, 07:41:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Didn't Andy Roy get caught stealing boards from Anti Hero?
[close]

Not really. He was ultimately kicked off after TNT filed a libel lawsuit for instagram and slap posts. More ironic than hilarious.

Uhhh what? Pretty common knowledge he got the boot from DLX because he got caught stealing product when they employed him, years before instagram existed

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2024, 09:18:47 AM »
Wasn't this the last thing Garrett Hill put out?

KrisJolson

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2024, 09:25:30 AM »
king skateboards

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2024, 09:27:12 AM »
Expand Quote

Caleb Barnett to King
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salmongate.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Jeremy Wray all time, Sage for more recent era.
Do you get deja vu, huh?