Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224957 times)

MOSAIC!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
I could seriously see them making the cup finals if everything comes together and Varlyomov can hold down a few games, like it was said before they need another D to bolster their blue line, I want to see a Pens/Caps series again that would be sick 

Hossa comes back to action in about a week, I really hope he kills it I have him in my pool, plus I just lost Gionta to a broken bone in his foot

It would be fun to watch, Chicago's gonna be scary good when he comes back if Huet can play decent for them they have a good shot at the cup

Cas4Lyfe

• Rep: 4
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2009, 05:52:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't have cable and I've had zero time so I really haven't been following this year as much as I should. Trying to get as many Flames tickets as possible when I'm home for Christmas though, pretty stoked on how they've been doing, especially Bourque.
[close]

I love Bourque, he's up on my wall, I have a framed print of him. I gotta get to some more this year though, the only one I have been to was the preseason Isles game where Theo was the shootout hero, fuck that was amazing

that's the only game i've been to this year too, so fucking epic. goals, fights, phaneuf puts a dude on a stretcher, and a huge comeback for fleury. i was so bummed he didn't make the last cut
I spent 10 minutes watching what I thought was "Cool Runnings" before I realized it was the Jackson 4 pushing Michael's coffin.

letsgobois

• Rep: -25
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #332 on: November 19, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »
That was a great game, it's too bad he didn't make the cut but realistically he was just not up to the same level. But I still bought his book. Really I love going to any event where you can barge the nachos and pocket dogs. I was a little dissapointed that Tavares was not playing though. Won't get to see him play in person for another year or two now.

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2009, 12:29:37 PM »
Hossa comes back to action in about a week, I really hope he kills it I have him in my pool, plus I just lost Gionta to a broken bone in his foot
is that right? damn i haven't heard his name for a minute. im excited to see how well he meshes with the young fellas. think he'll take versteeg's spot next to toews and sharp?
 im really stoked on how well the hawks have played around injuries and what not. kane has been pure fire even if he is a little girl. the smaller name guys are really putting on a show. joe quenville is killing it this year. it's that moustache i swear.

but HOW BOUT THE COYOTES?! what the fuck was gretzky doing wrong?

That was a great game, it's too bad he didn't make the cut but realistically he was just not up to the same level. But I still bought his book.
this is why he tried to launch a comeback at age 41(?). just a business move. seems it worked too. your screen name rules by the way.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

letsgobois

• Rep: -25
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2009, 02:35:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
is that right? damn i haven't heard his name for a minute. im excited to see how well he meshes with the young fellas. think he'll take versteeg's spot next to toews and sharp?
 im really stoked on how well the hawks have played around injuries and what not. kane has been pure fire even if he is a little girl. the smaller name guys are really putting on a show. joe quenville is killing it this year. it's that moustache i swear.

First things first, Gretz did absolutley nothing wrong other than quitting because he didn't get paid, and still there is nothing wrong with that(other than he's out something like $7 mill). He helped assemble this team of young talent with a mix of experienced veterans. He got fucked in that deal.

That was a great game, it's too bad he didn't make the cut but realistically he was just not up to the same level. But I still bought his book.
this is why he tried to launch a comeback at age 41(?). just a business move. seems it worked too. your screen name rules by the way.

I have no doubt in my mind this was  somewhat a ploy to get himself in the spotlight and yes, to possibly boost sales of his book. But come on, it's not like he went on the top of a building, dropped his pants and shit onto the street to get the publicity. He had to actually go to training camp, make the team and fight for a spot to play at the highest level of hockey known to man until the very end of pre-season. And for him to do all this just to sell a few more copies of his book, I think your selling the man short. I also believe he did it so they could retire his number in Calgary.

PS
Thanks, it does rule.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:39:28 PM by letsgobois »

MOSAIC!

« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

First things first, Gretz did absolutley nothing wrong other than quitting because he didn't get paid, and still there is nothing wrong with that(other than he's out something like $7 mill). He helped assemble this team of young talent with a mix of experienced veterans. He got fucked in that deal.

Expand Quote
[close]

I have no doubt in my mind this was  somewhat a ploy to get himself in the spotlight and yes, to possibly boost sales of his book. But come on, it's not like he went on the top of a building, dropped his pants and shit onto the street to get the publicity. He had to actually go to training camp, make the team and fight for a spot to play at the highest level of hockey known to man until the very end of pre-season. And for him to do all this just to sell a few more copies of his book, I think your selling the man short. I also believe he did it so they could retire his number in Calgary.

PS
Thanks, it does rule.
Your wrong Gretz was a horrible coach, being a great player doesn't make you a great coach also he didnt really assemble that team at all thats not his job and alot of those young players wernt even close to being ready for the NHL like Turris, Boedker, Mueller and he rushed them and fucked there development up. Gretz is sick but what coach deserves to make 7 mill most only make about 1 million

Hobo.Joe

• Rep: 14
« Reply #336 on: November 19, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »
I'm so stoked that Lucic is back. Tonight's game was sick. Go Bruins.

Cas4Lyfe

« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2009, 01:30:56 AM »
i'm fucking pissed, the leafs have a hard enough time winning a game without the refs blowing countless calls over and over, ian white had such a good game and then gets called for a double minor high sticking penalty when it wasn't even his stick, and the canes score on the powerplay and tie it up. FUCK. i've been a leafs fan since i was 5, but this shit is getting ridiculous.

anyway, did you guys see this tonight?

I spent 10 minutes watching what I thought was "Cool Runnings" before I realized it was the Jackson 4 pushing Michael's coffin.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2009, 05:21:27 AM »
Canadians suck bad this year
tricks are for kids , style is forever

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2009, 08:41:45 AM »
i'm fucking pissed, the leafs have a hard enough time winning a game without the refs blowing countless calls over and over, ian white had such a good game and then gets called for a double minor high sticking penalty when it wasn't even his stick, and the canes score on the powerplay and tie it up. FUCK. i've been a leafs fan since i was 5, but this shit is getting ridiculous.

anyway, did you guys see this tonight?

hahahh ddo good

edit: im fucking drunk. its my birthday give me a break

beardface

« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »
god DAMN. mooley, i hope you didn't have to see that massacre last night. they were talking about locking duncan keith down with a 13 year contract. kane and toews at 5 year $25 million and then losing someone who's getting $3 mill now. maybe lose huet, start niemi and use corey crawford as a back up? fuck it.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2009, 09:28:36 AM »
woa, 13 years? is that serious? thats fucking ridiculous

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2009, 10:28:32 AM »
So the leafs blew a 3-0 lead to carolina last night. Ended up as 5-4 then carolina scored in the last 2 seconds of the 3rd period. Then they demolished the shootout.

Leafs have hit rock bottom. last in the league. Things can only get batter at least! (maybe)

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2009, 11:47:48 AM »
ITS LIKE WWF WITH ICE SKATES...
NOT  TO BAD.. NEEDS MORE HOT BITCHES THOUGH

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »
god DAMN. mooley, i hope you didn't have to see that massacre last night. they were talking about locking duncan keith down with a 13 year contract. kane and toews at 5 year $25 million and then losing someone who's getting $3 mill now. maybe lose huet, start niemi and use corey crawford as a back up? fuck it.

It's all Jeremy Piven's fault.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2009, 02:01:05 PM »
pens got womped last night. it's a good thing they got gonchar and talbot back in the mix...

Cas4Lyfe

« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2009, 02:02:29 PM »
So the leafs blew a 3-0 lead to carolina last night. Ended up as 5-4 then carolina scored in the last 2 seconds of the 3rd period. Then they demolished the shootout.

Leafs have hit rock bottom. last in the league. Things can only get batter at least! (maybe)

it was still good to see white fucking embarrass erik cole after laying him out.

frisco

« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »
Rick Rypien shits on all of your fighters

MOSAIC!

« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2009, 05:34:16 PM »
I never heard 5 years 25 million? that would be a good deal i've been hearing 5 years 30 million and how the fuck are they gonna loose Huet hes untradable, Niemi hasn't proved anything either

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2009, 07:38:37 PM »
wow  mtl   manage to win against Washington

MOSAIC!

« Reply #350 on: November 20, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
wow  mtl   manage to win against Washington
The Caps played there third goaltender and were playing with 4 d one being a rookie at the end of the game, caps also missing
Semin, Knuble and Morrisonn I was expecting a loss with all that gotta loose once in awhile I guess
Caps are gonna destroy the leafs tomorrow night

beardface

« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2009, 12:22:38 AM »
Yeah it kinda seemed like the caps gave that one away with a few of the choices they made as far as who was on the ice. Maybe they just wanted to warm ovechkin up and were prepared to take a loss. As previously stated, can't win em all.

I never heard 5 years 25 million? that would be a good deal i've been hearing 5 years 30 million and how the fuck are they gonna loose Huet hes untradable, Niemi hasn't proved anything either
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard the announcers say. Also, I'm not familiar with the contracts at all so I don't know who's eligible for what. While I don't particularly like Huet, I don't wanna see a guy like Patrick Sharp get tossed but they need someone in net.

beardface

« Reply #352 on: November 21, 2009, 12:28:02 AM »
i'm glad this thread is back. cheers!

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »
Expand Quote
wow  mtl   manage to win against Washington
[close]
The Caps played there third goaltender and were playing with 4 d one being a rookie at the end of the game, caps also missing
Semin, Knuble and Morrisonn I was expecting a loss with all that gotta loose once in awhile I guess
Caps are gonna destroy the leafs tomorrow night
for sure

MOSAIC!

« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »
Yeah it kinda seemed like the caps gave that one away with a few of the choices they made as far as who was on the ice. Maybe they just wanted to warm ovechkin up and were prepared to take a loss. As previously stated, can't win em all.

Expand Quote
[close]
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard the announcers say. Also, I'm not familiar with the contracts at all so I don't know who's eligible for what. While I don't particularly like Huet, I don't wanna see a guy like Patrick Sharp get tossed but they need someone in net.
Sharps likely to stay it's more guys like Versteeg, Barker and Sopel they'll have to get rid of

beardface

« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2009, 03:19:38 PM »
Sharps likely to stay it's more guys like Versteeg, Barker and Sopel they'll have to get rid of
I'd be really surprised if they got rid of Versteeg considering that he was nominated for the calder trophy last year and has been putting up good numbers this year. Barker just signed a 3 year 3 million contract (or something like that) so I don't think he'll go either. At least I hope not. I wouldn't cry if Sopel went but if they're hurting for cap space that bad they should just dump Campbell. He's a great player but 7 million a year is a big chunk of change. I think it might be a bit over 7 actually.

MOSAIC!

« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'd be really surprised if they got rid of Versteeg considering that he was nominated for the calder trophy last year and has been putting up good numbers this year. Barker just signed a 3 year 3 million contract (or something like that) so I don't think he'll go either. At least I hope not. I wouldn't cry if Sopel went but if they're hurting for cap space that bad they should just dump Campbell. He's a great player but 7 million a year is a big chunk of change. I think it might be a bit over 7 actually.
Campbells almost unmovable its not that hes not a good player its his cap hit which is close to 8 mil there's almost no teams that have enough cap space to get him, hockey night in canada had a rumour on last night that Sopels going to Toronto.

NCSB

• Rep: 15
« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2009, 07:02:30 PM »
Marian Gaborik has been amazing for the rangers this year. hopefully him and lundqvist can bring bring us to the cup.

frisco

« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2009, 07:14:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Campbells almost unmovable its not that hes not a good player its his cap hit which is close to 8 mil there's almost no teams that have enough cap space to get him, hockey night in canada had a rumour on last night that Sopels going to Toronto.

I heard that too, on the hot stove, Burke is after draft picks, knowing that the Leafs will probably finish last or close to it, hes saying to teams i'll take your high priced guys but I want a draft pick along with it.

Chicago is pretty fucked, yea they have some amazing talent, but they have no money to keep it locked down, watch for some fucking BEAST offer sheets being signed in the offseason, which is why they had to sign Barker and Versteeg after arbitration this year, canucks would have signed barker to an expensive offer sheet had they not signed him when they did

MOSAIC!

« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I heard that too, on the hot stove, Burke is after draft picks, knowing that the Leafs will probably finish last or close to it, hes saying to teams i'll take your high priced guys but I want a draft pick along with it.

Chicago is pretty fucked, yea they have some amazing talent, but they have no money to keep it locked down, watch for some fucking BEAST offer sheets being signed in the offseason, which is why they had to sign Barker and Versteeg after arbitration this year, canucks would have signed barker to an expensive offer sheet had they not signed him when they did
I dont understand how torontos going to take on expensive contracts when they dont have much cap space, I dont understand aquiring defense (sopel) they need offense. I'm fine with offer sheets as long as theres none against Backstrom, Semin and fleishmann