Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224956 times)

frisco

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »
The caps need to lock up Semin and Backstrom, the 2 of them with Ovechkin, fucking sick

Its not that the leafs need defense but Burke sees the weakness that Chicago has and is trying to exploit it by getting draft picks and taking the expensive contracts, how he will do it I dont know but if anyone can its Burke, he's the shadiest gm in the league

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2009, 11:23:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sharps likely to stay it's more guys like Versteeg, Barker and Sopel they'll have to get rid of
[close]
I'd be really surprised if they got rid of Versteeg considering that he was nominated for the calder trophy last year and has been putting up good numbers this year. Barker just signed a 3 year 3 million contract (or something like that) so I don't think he'll go either. At least I hope not. I wouldn't cry if Sopel went but if they're hurting for cap space that bad they should just dump Campbell. He's a great player but 7 million a year is a big chunk of change. I think it might be a bit over 7 actually.
[close]
Campbells almost unmovable its not that hes not a good player its his cap hit which is close to 8 mil there's almost no teams that have enough cap space to get him, hockey night in canada had a rumour on last night that Sopels going to Toronto.
[close]

I heard that too, on the hot stove, Burke is after draft picks, knowing that the Leafs will probably finish last or close to it, hes saying to teams i'll take your high priced guys but I want a draft pick along with it.

Chicago is pretty fucked, yea they have some amazing talent, but they have no money to keep it locked down, watch for some fucking BEAST offer sheets being signed in the offseason, which is why they had to sign Barker and Versteeg after arbitration this year, canucks would have signed barker to an expensive offer sheet had they not signed him when they did
[close]
I dont understand how torontos going to take on expensive contracts when they dont have much cap space, I dont understand aquiring defense (sopel) they need offense. I'm fine with offer sheets as long as theres none against Backstrom, Semin and fleishmann

Sopes....he was a whipping boy here in Vancouver...the only person I ever knew that liked him was Dan 'Alien' Nelson because they looked the same....why would TO get him...Burkes just like that....why is Brad May in the league still?  I still pray that Bertuzzi goes there...just to make that team shittier.....The irony is the only good guy they have is Kaberle who they tried and tried to get rid of....

I know it's easy to say now that the team is playing well and he hasn't played but getting hossa was dumb....what did the sign him for, 12 years?  Then you want to lock up all your young players?  They don't need him.  Pittsburgh didn't....think what would have happened if they signed him.....

Just got back from the Chicago/Vancouver game...they played an excellent road game....

MOSAIC!

• Rep: 11
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2009, 11:39:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sharps likely to stay it's more guys like Versteeg, Barker and Sopel they'll have to get rid of
[close]
I'd be really surprised if they got rid of Versteeg considering that he was nominated for the calder trophy last year and has been putting up good numbers this year. Barker just signed a 3 year 3 million contract (or something like that) so I don't think he'll go either. At least I hope not. I wouldn't cry if Sopel went but if they're hurting for cap space that bad they should just dump Campbell. He's a great player but 7 million a year is a big chunk of change. I think it might be a bit over 7 actually.
[close]
Campbells almost unmovable its not that hes not a good player its his cap hit which is close to 8 mil there's almost no teams that have enough cap space to get him, hockey night in canada had a rumour on last night that Sopels going to Toronto.
[close]

I heard that too, on the hot stove, Burke is after draft picks, knowing that the Leafs will probably finish last or close to it, hes saying to teams i'll take your high priced guys but I want a draft pick along with it.

Chicago is pretty fucked, yea they have some amazing talent, but they have no money to keep it locked down, watch for some fucking BEAST offer sheets being signed in the offseason, which is why they had to sign Barker and Versteeg after arbitration this year, canucks would have signed barker to an expensive offer sheet had they not signed him when they did
[close]
I dont understand how torontos going to take on expensive contracts when they dont have much cap space, I dont understand aquiring defense (sopel) they need offense. I'm fine with offer sheets as long as theres none against Backstrom, Semin and fleishmann
[close]

Sopes....he was a whipping boy here in Vancouver...the only person I ever knew that liked him was Dan 'Alien' Nelson because they looked the same....why would TO get him...Burkes just like that....why is Brad May in the league still?  I still pray that Bertuzzi goes there...just to make that team shittier.....The irony is the only good guy they have is Kaberle who they tried and tried to get rid of....

I know it's easy to say now that the team is playing well and he hasn't played but getting hossa was dumb....what did the sign him for, 12 years?  Then you want to lock up all your young players?  They don't need him.  Pittsburgh didn't....think what would have happened if they signed him.....

Just got back from the Chicago/Vancouver game...they played an excellent road game....
well to be fair Sopel's played alot better this year, getting Hossa was actually very smart he's a great player signed for only 5.2 million a year considering edmonton was offering him 9 million a year ago. Chicago can still keep most of there youth anyways loosing Versteeg and Barker is not that bad considering you should get good prospects and picks to replace them eventually

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2009, 10:57:07 AM »
Marian Gaborik has been amazing for the rangers this year. hopefully him and lundqvist can bring bring us to the cup.
true, if we could get goals from some other dudes we'd be doing much better though. avery hasnt had a goal in like 13 games, dubinsky and drury are hurt, higgins isnt scoring, etc. hopefully we can break out of this slump

MOSAIC!

« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2009, 04:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Marian Gaborik has been amazing for the rangers this year. hopefully him and lundqvist can bring bring us to the cup.
[close]
true, if we could get goals from some other dudes we'd be doing much better though. avery hasnt had a goal in like 13 games, dubinsky and drury are hurt, higgins isnt scoring, etc. hopefully we can break out of this slump
Hopefully Anisimov can pick up the slack hes going to be really good one day

frisco

« Reply #365 on: November 24, 2009, 12:17:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

that pre season dangle generated so much hype for this dude

Alex Kotalik needs to pick up his fucking slack he's killing me in the pool

MOSAIC!

« Reply #366 on: November 24, 2009, 08:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

that pre season dangle generated so much hype for this dude

Alex Kotalik needs to pick up his fucking slack he's killing me in the pool

Yea that was a good one, before Cherepanov died I was hoping the rangers would have an all russian line of cherapanov-anisimov-grachev would have been so good to watch
Kotaliks gotta use that good shot better

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #367 on: November 24, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
so 2 goals from avery last night, 2 from gaborik, anisimov got one as well.

how about del zotto? i like this kid. hes only 19 and hes showing some good offensive skill lately

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #368 on: November 24, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »

how about del zotto? i like this kid. hes only 19 and hes showing some good offensive skill lately

fuck yeah, del zotto's already a maniac. i love all those junior guys, del zotto, tavares and evander kane. i can't remember if any of the other guys are playing pro yet but i was watching the OHL play against the russian selects last night and some of those boys are un-fucking-real. every player skated as hard and as they could, nazem kadri absolutely manhandled some poor russian on a break out and beat the goalie one handed. apparently the leafs left him in london so that he could "dominate".

any of you watch the world juniors? best hockey of the year hands down.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

Hobo.Joe

• Rep: 14
« Reply #369 on: November 24, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
Bruins should pretty easily bring their winning streak up to four straight tomorrow against the wild, then Friday against the Devils should be a really good game. Things are going to start going really good for the B's now that both Savard and Lucic are back. Hopefully Rask is in goal tomorrow and Thomas on Friday.

frisco

« Reply #370 on: November 24, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
fuck yeah, del zotto's already a maniac. i love all those junior guys, del zotto, tavares and evander kane. i can't remember if any of the other guys are playing pro yet but i was watching the OHL play against the russian selects last night and some of those boys are un-fucking-real. every player skated as hard and as they could, nazem kadri absolutely manhandled some poor russian on a break out and beat the goalie one handed. apparently the leafs left him in london so that he could "dominate".

so fucking sick, when Canada scored that goal against the russians with 3 seconds left to tie it I fucking lost it

stoked for this year, Hodgson will be captain, kadri will kill it, and itll be a chance to see all the upcoming canadians likely to play next year

Tyler Meyers will probably be nominated for the Calder, the dude might not even be 19 and he plays over 20 minutes a game for the sabres

MOSAIC!

« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2009, 01:40:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

so fucking sick, when Canada scored that goal against the russians with 3 seconds left to tie it I fucking lost it

stoked for this year, Hodgson will be captain, kadri will kill it, and itll be a chance to see all the upcoming canadians likely to play next year

Tyler Meyers will probably be nominated for the Calder, the dude might not even be 19 and he plays over 20 minutes a game for the sabres

Ya it looks like its gonna be Canada and Sweden in the finals again, Swedens got a really good team this year. Im pretty sure hodgesons still injured who knows if he'll get back in time

So many good rookies in the league this year tavares, jvr, myers, del zotto and varlamov could all win the calder

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #372 on: November 24, 2009, 05:04:17 PM »
Yeah...I saw Myers kill it last year against the Giants in the WHL..I live just up the street and try to go a bunch of games a year....the best taunt was 'FREAK!'...the kid is huge....don't think he's cut from the same cloth as Pronger or Chara but he's smoother than both of them...he can really skate and he's clearly adjusting quicker than both of them. 

MOSAIC!

« Reply #373 on: November 24, 2009, 06:01:45 PM »
                            his reach is incredible

frisco

« Reply #374 on: November 24, 2009, 11:24:27 PM »
                            his reach is incredible

^ Rick Jeanneret is seriously my favourite announcer

Hobo.Joe

• Rep: 14
« Reply #375 on: November 25, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »
Sick shootout goal by a nine year old. This is the mini 1 on 1 shootout thing that goes on during intermissions

MOSAIC!

« Reply #376 on: November 25, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »

beardface

« Reply #377 on: November 26, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »
welcome back hossa. two goals in his first game with the blackhawks. quenneville's got his work cut out for him.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

X_x

« Reply #378 on: November 26, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »
I never heard 5 years 25 million? that would be a good deal i've been hearing 5 years 30 million and how the fuck are they gonna loose Huet hes untradable, Niemi hasn't proved anything either
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard the announcers say. Also, I'm not familiar with the contracts at all so I don't know who's eligible for what. While I don't particularly like Huet, I don't wanna see a guy like Patrick Sharp get tossed but they need someone in net.
[/quote]

As it stands now the defense of Chicago is allowing the least amount of shots per game, and Huet is Top 5 in GAA(More of a teamish stat) and he's been Top 5 in GAA over the last 4 seasons IIRC.

We don't need Huet to phenomenal. We need him to not fuck up, and give up those weird game changing goals like that goal he gave up in Dallas.

He's been damn good of late though. Niemi stole a game and shutout the Nucks. As long as the defense can keep up, whatevr problem in net we have shouldn't be an issue

sergioflorez

« Reply #379 on: November 26, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »
patrick wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

beardface

« Reply #380 on: November 29, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »
I utterly hate seeing the penguins win and I can't stand seeing Crosby's face anymore but god damn, gettin a hat trick on free hat day made for one hell of a highlight.

frisco

« Reply #381 on: November 29, 2009, 07:38:34 PM »
I've never really "hated" crosby, a lot of that being because im Canadian, I was really stoked to see him win the cup, and i'll be extremely stoked to see him score the gold medal game winner against the Russians

Holy fuck. Olympic Hockey. This needs to be discussed, I'm as stoked on the russians as I am on the Canadians, their firepower is fucking regular

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #382 on: November 29, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
I've never really "hated" crosby, a lot of that being because im Canadian, I was really stoked to see him win the cup, and i'll be extremely stoked to see him score the gold medal game winner against the Russians

Holy fuck. Olympic Hockey. This needs to be discussed, I'm as stoked on the russians as I am on the Canadians, their firepower is fucking regular

same here im stocked on both team
but Canada is gonna win the cup for pretty sure   ;)
tricks are for kids , style is forever

MOSAIC!

« Reply #383 on: November 29, 2009, 08:17:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
but Canada is gonna win the cup for pretty sure   ;)
I wouldnt be sure they would win, Russia and Sweden will be really good. Canada doesnt always build there olympics teams very well
if you have 4 lines of all stars its not always good you gotta make sure you have defensively responsible forwards not just all offense

frisco

« Reply #384 on: November 29, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »
well we have a selke nominee in Richards, hes a near lock to make the team

this would be my lineup if we started tomorrow

Nash-Crosby-Iginla
Heatley-Thornton-Marleau
Carter-Getzlaf-Perry
Morrow-M. Richards-Doan

Pronger-Niedermayer
Bouwmeester-Keith
Weber-Boyle
Seabrook

Luongo
Brodeur
Fleury

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #385 on: November 29, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I wouldnt be sure they would win, Russia and Sweden will be really good. Canada doesnt always build there olympics teams very well
if you have 4 lines of all stars its not always good you gotta make sure you have defensively responsible forwards not just all offense

the best defense is a good offensive
tricks are for kids , style is forever

MOSAIC!

« Reply #386 on: November 29, 2009, 10:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
the best defense is a good offensive
That approach worked well in 06 didnt it?
well we have a selke nominee in Richards, hes a near lock to make the team

this would be my lineup if we started tomorrow

Nash-Crosby-Iginla
Heatley-Thornton-Marleau
Carter-Getzlaf-Perry
Morrow-M. Richards-Doan

Pronger-Niedermayer
Bouwmeester-Keith
Weber-Boyle
Seabrook

Luongo
Brodeur
Fleury
Thats almost exactly how I would do it, except I would change the d pairings around a bit
Pronger-Weber
Keith-Seabrook, to good together to break up
Regehr-Niedermayer
Boyle or Green

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: November 29, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »
I'd pick frisco's forwards pretty much....he's having a shit year but i still like eric staal too...so many centers though huh? I hate Doan but like Morrow, to me they are pretty similar but one's just played on a crap team his whole career.

Would you start louie?  I don't think I would....I'd give it to Brodeur....I know he didn't play too well in last years playoffs but...it's pretty hard not to start that guy....

I'm excited for the olympics for sure but I think it's a crap shoot...everyone is going to have a good team and you blow one game...that's pretty much it....it's not hockey that I'm really used to....I'd swear I'd trade a gold for the canucks to get to the quarter finals.

Went to the San Jose game tonite....and had a really good sundae....

frisco

« Reply #388 on: November 29, 2009, 11:49:18 PM »
I'd pick frisco's forwards pretty much....he's having a shit year but i still like eric staal too...so many centers though huh? I hate Doan but like Morrow, to me they are pretty similar but one's just played on a crap team his whole career.

Would you start louie?  I don't think I would....I'd give it to Brodeur....I know he didn't play too well in last years playoffs but...it's pretty hard not to start that guy....

I'm excited for the olympics for sure but I think it's a crap shoot...everyone is going to have a good team and you blow one game...that's pretty much it....it's not hockey that I'm really used to....I'd swear I'd trade a gold for the canucks to get to the quarter finals.

Went to the San Jose game tonite....and had a really good sundae....

at least something good came out of going

X_x

« Reply #389 on: November 30, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »
I'd start Brodeur if I was Canada.

Every time I watch Luongo, he looks inconsistent. I might just be catching dude at bad times or something.