Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224980 times)

vince the stud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »
WJHC cup tonight
USA vs Canada  its gonna be epic
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »
I was not nearly drunk enough at all to handle the fucking World Juniors game tonight. Christ, what a shitty performance that was. Three fucking break-in goals from the faceoff circle, way to blow it Canadian goaltending, brutal.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2010, 08:14:02 PM »
both side goaltending was shit

MOSAIC!

• Rep: 11
« Reply #423 on: January 05, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »
Damn the Caps have been having a rough couple games, but they finally pulled through tonight....
No teams gonna go 82-0 a 3 game loosing streak aint bad, even Pittsburgh had a 4 or 5 game loosing streak before tonight
I didnt mind the loosing streak we had a rookie third goalie in, a westcoast swing which was hell and we traded our captain
plus no one could put the puck in the net other than ovie, backs or green
I was not nearly drunk enough at all to handle the fucking World Juniors game tonight. Christ, what a shitty performance that was. Three fucking break-in goals from the faceoff circle, way to blow it Canadian goaltending, brutal.
Loosing Pietrangelo to a 10 minute misconduct fucked things up pretty good
but Jordan Eberles the fucking man

Chiguy

« Reply #424 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:46 PM »

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2010, 08:11:13 AM »
went to the rangers vs bruins game monday night. great game. we blew the lead in the third but won with about a minute or so left. there were a few really great goals too. erik christensen scored a sick one handed goal and higgins finally came through in the clutch and got the game winner.

getting really psyched for olympic hockey. trying to find a good bar to watch most of em at. russian and canadian teams look ridiculous

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2010, 08:35:59 AM »
Was at the Leafs game last night, they beat the panthers which I didn't think was going to happen after McCabe (who was booed every time he touched the puck) scored 2 goals in the first 10 minutes. Leafs are so bad though, fuck. As much as I want to big up Kessle he hasn't done shit for like 5 games now, and I made a point of watching him last night, even though he's got no one to play with he's still playing pretty terrible.

They put the Junior game on the big screen after the Leafs game, stoked to see Canada come back again in the third. Kudos to the U.S. team though, and when it's 4 on 4 it's anyone's game.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2010, 08:43:56 AM »
I went to the Canucks game last night, felt good after we lost to the US.  Too bad the leafs  never landed the twins.  Henrik Sedin's leading the points race?  Hell has frozen over.......

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »
Fuck that would have been amazing. The leafs need a superstar, there's no one on the team that stands out except maybe Ian White.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
my friends and i were jamming last night we decided to go to the pub for a pint after and i walked in and shit was so quiet and my friend was like "its fucking quiet in here" and i was like "what the fuck is going on..." then i looked at the TV saw canada was losing 5-3 with 4 minutes to go or some shit and i explained to my friend. we laughed. i couldnt give 2 shits about hockey. dudes who play hockey are fucking tools 99% of the time.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #430 on: January 06, 2010, 09:42:21 AM »
getting really psyched for olympic hockey. trying to find a good bar to watch most of em at. russian and canadian teams look ridiculous
i cant wait to see the usa team they are trying to pull an other 1980 miracle, only fast young player.
they lost the world cup  this year tough...

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: January 06, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
my friends and i were jamming last night we decided to go to the pub for a pint after and i walked in and shit was so quiet and my friend was like "its fucking quiet in here" and i was like "what the fuck is going on..." then i looked at the TV saw canada was losing 5-3 with 4 minutes to go or some shit and i explained to my friend. we laughed. i couldnt give 2 shits about hockey. dudes who play hockey are fucking tools 99% of the time.

I'd say more like 70-80%. Hockey is fun as shit. I don't play in a leauge or anything because I suck, but pond hockey with friends and beers is awesome. Your not a true canadian until you've done this at least once.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd say more like 70-80%. Hockey is fun as shit. I don't play in a leauge or anything because I suck, but pond hockey with friends and beers is awesome. Your not a true canadian until you've done this at least once.

ok let me re-say that. i love playing hockey with friends dont get me wrong.

99% of guys who take their hockey career seriously are tools. espeically since only like 1% of them make it to jr. A even. but then all those dudes who play in OHL can be the biggest fucking assholes. there is a website called "OHL tough guys"

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ok let me re-say that. i love playing hockey with friends dont get me wrong.

99% of guys who take their hockey career seriously are tools. espeically since only like 1% of them make it to jr. A even. but then all those dudes who play in OHL can be the biggest fucking assholes. there is a website called "OHL tough guys"

oh, yea that's pretty much a given. I don't even know anyone that plays junior, but I remember the douche jocks in high school that took it seriously, but that's the same for any sport pretty much.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #434 on: January 06, 2010, 10:35:52 AM »
That's why its cool living in southeastern America where the hockey fans are nice and genuinely stoked that you like hockey too.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #435 on: January 06, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
That's why its cool living in southeastern America where the hockey fans are nice and genuinely stoked that you like hockey too.

sounds good, you should hear the hockey fans here on the radio, it's hilarious

"Hey anDEEE! it's Tony from woodbridge, Burke needs to trade everyone who sucks for really good players, and fire the coach"

It's pretty crazy how much of the NHL is made up of players from Ontario alone though, hockey here is the equivalent to the NFL in the states.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #436 on: January 06, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
Everyone knows everything, yet no one knows anything?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

frisco

« Reply #437 on: January 06, 2010, 11:42:02 AM »
What a brutal loss by the Canadian, the bright spot was seeing how NHL ready Eberle is, anytime the guy has the puck he looks so calm with it, another was seeing how fucking money Jordan Schroeder is, Canucks first round draft, hes small, but is quick, has unbelievable hockey sense and good vision, I hope he can crack the roster in 2 years or so

the emotional swings were just too great, those kids have to be so sick, to come back with 3 minutes to lose in OT on a short side shot, brutal

I am so stoked Ovechkin has the C

MOSAIC!

« Reply #438 on: January 06, 2010, 05:24:53 PM »
What a brutal loss by the Canadian, the bright spot was seeing how NHL ready Eberle is, anytime the guy has the puck he looks so calm with it, another was seeing how fucking money Jordan Schroeder is, Canucks first round draft, hes small, but is quick, has unbelievable hockey sense and good vision, I hope he can crack the roster in 2 years or so

the emotional swings were just too great, those kids have to be so sick, to come back with 3 minutes to lose in OT on a short side shot, brutal

I am so stoked Ovechkin has the C
Dont get your hopes up about Schroeder it might take a long time for him to crack a roster his hockey sence aint close to unbelievable either
Eberle is national hero fuck he's sick

frisco

« Reply #439 on: January 08, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »
burrows has back to back hat tricks, canucks have lost only 2 games in their last 14, henrik sedin leads the league in points

fuck. its so tight to be a canucks fan right now

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #440 on: January 09, 2010, 11:59:24 AM »

Last night the Washington Capitals farm team that John Carlson(scored game winner for US juniors) plays for played here and the poor kid got boo'd worse than Komisarek gets it when Toronto visits Montreal. On the other hand it must be pretty cool for 8000 people to know who you are.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2010, 11:12:53 PM »
Really good game tonight, and a couple really nice shootout goals to boot. Starting to get really excited about the playoffs.

Definitely got a good laugh out of all of Iginla and Phaneuf's constant beaking too.

frisco

« Reply #442 on: January 10, 2010, 01:53:30 AM »
I gotta say I hate Phaneuf more than any player in the league, more than dominic moore, more than Ott, hes such a piece of shit, hes just pissed because he didnt make Team Canada so hes always looking to start shit with our players, bah whatever

regardless it was a really good game, calgary was all over the sedins the only goal they could score was on the rush, which was one of the best of the year from them, some of the officiating was a little shady, especially on the hit from behind on glass

rypien and prust had some great scraps, two of the best middle weights in the league

frisco

« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »
have you guys been watching the Burrows/Auger situation?

Id like to hear some flames/blackhawks fans on the subject

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #444 on: January 13, 2010, 02:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
LETS GO BLACKHAWSK!!!!

comin through CLUTCH!
[close]

Looks like he sould still be in the junior division. Everyone knows Chicago's going to blow it like last year.
[close]

How did we blow it, when we weren't expected to make it past the Canucks?

To play Detroit in the WCF was a plus.

The goal was to make the playoffs and they exceeded that expectation.

Goal is to win the cup, Toews will never do that, I promise.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #445 on: January 13, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »
That fuccè look like he suck his fucking thumbs all daye up to his 20's.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #446 on: January 14, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »
rangers vs sens tonight. 3 minutes in and already a fight. rutuu and avery almost went at it as well. should be good

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #447 on: January 18, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »
hey makaveli,
do you watch or follow hockey at all ?
the chicago blackhawks are on top of the league for a reason. toews is one of them.

have you guys been watching the Burrows/Auger ?

Id like to hear some flames/blackhawks fans on the subject
is that the referee thing? i missed the original beef so i'm pretty clued out on the subject but i did see one of the "interference" calls made in a replay and it was a pretty brutal call. the ref was obviously looking for burrows to do ANYTHING he could call him on. feel free to share the full story.

are there any detroit fans here? the matinee game on sunday when they hosted the hawks was probably the best game i've watched since the play offs. slight bias i suppose but it was a fucking gong show to say the least. overtime had me screaming at my tv.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

frisco

« Reply #448 on: January 18, 2010, 05:22:24 PM »
^holy fuck datsyuk's shootout goal, i lost it

combines this

with this

datsyuk is one of the best

MOSAIC!

« Reply #449 on: January 18, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »
datsyuks the best at the shootout no one else is close