Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224956 times)

sweets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #691 on: June 05, 2010, 02:13:15 AM »
If the hawks win then the leafs will become the team on the longest cupless drought.

Also, not stoked this shoot-out bullshit found it's way into playoff games. When it was first introduced it was only supposed to be for regular season games but last week I heard on of the flyers/hawks games was decided in a shoot-out. Lame. Important games should not be decided by such nonsense.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #692 on: June 05, 2010, 04:34:43 AM »
If the hawks win then the leafs will become the team on the longest cupless drought.

Also, not stoked this shoot-out bullshit found it's way into playoff games. When it was first introduced it was only supposed to be for regular season games but last week I heard on of the flyers/hawks games was decided in a shoot-out. Lame. Important games should not be decided by such nonsense.

I agree 100%. Let the sudden death hockey decide. It's much more exciting.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #693 on: June 05, 2010, 04:42:01 PM »
dude i never seen a shoot-out, not in playoff hockey, maybe he meant a regular season match-up
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #694 on: June 05, 2010, 05:46:17 PM »
dude i never seen a shoot-out, not in playoff hockey, maybe he meant a regular season match-up
Sorry, I didn't see the first game but I remember hearing them say it was 6 to 5 and hearing the word shoot-out a lot. I just looked at some highlights after I saw your post, and I guess it didn't go to shoot-out thankfully. If that ever gets introducef to the playoffs though the NHL will have blown it.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #695 on: June 05, 2010, 05:58:21 PM »
no blackhawks luv? i'll rep for good luck

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #696 on: June 05, 2010, 07:19:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sorry, I didn't see the first game but I remember hearing them say it was 6 to 5 and hearing the word shoot-out a lot. I just looked at some highlights after I saw your post, and I guess it didn't go to shoot-out thankfully. If that ever gets introducef to the playoffs though the NHL will have blown it.

I don't like the shoot-out during regular season either.

cowmoolester

« Reply #697 on: June 05, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't like the shoot-out during regular season either.

sounds like theyre going to change the format for the regular season, either making it longer, stretching it to even 10 minutes, might even try a 3v3 for the last bit of it, all ideas that'll go on at the GM meetings

in other news

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #698 on: June 05, 2010, 11:14:46 PM »

There are no shoot outs in the playoffs.  Only full 20 minute sudden death overtime periods until someone scores.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #699 on: June 06, 2010, 10:32:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There are no shoot outs in the playoffs.  Only full 20 minute sudden death overtime periods until someone scores.
This is the way it always was and should remain. I had just mis-heard something last week on the news and thought that they introduced that trash in to the playoffs.

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #700 on: June 06, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
no blackhawks luv? i'll rep for good luck

much love from winnipeg

DO WORK BOYS
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #701 on: June 06, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »

with all the chicago spots showing up in the post-a-spot thread i just would've thought there would be more support. it's probably because they weren't on network tv for so long. shitty.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #702 on: June 06, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »
I'm pulling for the Hawks, but they need a win tonight or its Philly's.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:49:45 PM by Mooley »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #703 on: June 06, 2010, 08:57:15 PM »
my street hockey team got bounced in the quarters....lost in a shootout....we were shooting on a chick....

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #704 on: June 07, 2010, 10:28:15 AM »
Even though Hossa's a flip flopper, I'd rather see him hoist the cup than Chris Pronger. Seriously fuck that guy

beardface

« Reply #705 on: June 07, 2010, 10:41:53 AM »
my street hockey team got bounced in the quarters....lost in a shootout....we were shooting on a chick....
cbc's 4 on 4 play on? some buddies and i got a team together but i don't think we realized what we were getting ourselves into. we were put into the "advanced" category when we should've been in the absolute basement. waaay out of our league. wasn't even fun.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

beardface

« Reply #706 on: June 10, 2010, 05:58:09 PM »
Goal is to win the cup, Toews will never do that, I promise.

CHEERS ASSHOLE!

dankradschwag

« Reply #707 on: June 10, 2010, 06:54:22 PM »
Weak end to a good season.

scumstasher

• Rep: 2

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #709 on: June 13, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #710 on: June 13, 2010, 10:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
cbc's 4 on 4 play on? some buddies and i got a team together but i don't think we realized what we were getting ourselves into. we were put into the "advanced" category when we should've been in the absolute basement. waaay out of our league. wasn't even fun.

yeah...that's why we were in co-ed......skateboarding and street hockey....things that i did when i was 12.....

Claude Tanner

• Rep: 24
« Reply #711 on: October 10, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »
Hockey Season is back boys!

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #712 on: October 10, 2010, 07:59:57 PM »
Hell yeah its back, very stoked, although my boys lost last night

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #713 on: October 10, 2010, 08:01:01 PM »
habs screwed the pens again
tricks are for kids , style is forever

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #714 on: October 14, 2010, 12:16:52 PM »
pens lost, but still, this is awesome

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #715 on: October 17, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »
^watched that live, Orr got absolutely rocked

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #716 on: January 12, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
whelp, so what the fuck? no all star game on national tv? i have to have versus to watch one of the best all star games ever? no one i know even has versus. what the shit. by the way, hi guys

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #717 on: January 13, 2011, 07:02:15 AM »
what can you do, the US would rather broadcast The Biggest Loser or The Amazing Race or some other fucking reality tv show

Canada treats every hockey event like its a national holiday, seriously we have a 3 hour television event JUST for the all star "draft", gets to be a bit embarrassing

Canucks are killing it right now

Beardface, we're coming for you

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #718 on: January 13, 2011, 07:08:27 AM »
whelp, so what the fuck? no all star game on national tv? i have to have versus to watch one of the best all star games ever? no one i know even has versus. what the shit. by the way, hi guys

I wouldn't even worry about it the all-star games are pretty much a joke, the winter classic has basically taken over the all star game in ratings and popularity too.

But that is fucked that they aren't broadcasting on public tv in the states, I'm not that surprised though, I always assumed most of the U.S. couldn't give a fuck less about the NHL.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #719 on: January 13, 2011, 07:10:08 AM »

Canucks are killing it right now

yea vancouver is on fire this year.....another Canadian team doing well that's not the leafs.....sigh